Murmurr: A Tragedy of Two Lovers

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Khalik-I-Sabbah

Khalik-I-Sabbah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Josiah shuddered. He could feel it; a disturbance in the cosmos, but what for? Had he left the oven on at home? Certainly, yet Mary and Rane were attending to it as they hashed lunched together. Was David's name too foul for his ears? Preposterous. He cursed him at least 5 times day when trouble strikes, his ears should be well attuned to that villianous ring. Something brewed in his belly: a feeling of urgence mixed with the nebulous fog of forgetfulness; but, like an intrusive thought, it fled without reason or rhyme.

"Peculiar," he murmurred absently. He knew not his rudeness till his words struck the air. It was rare for E to speak so much with him and here he was, lost in thought. "I—uh, it's peculiar! To, um, hear someone p-plotting to take the fight to that vile coot, David. That wise man of her's must have a real gift. Heh heh... heh." A sheepish smile implored the Beastfolk to overlook his hastily-scrambled cover,

Rokurou Isah

Rokurou Isah
D-Tier
D-Tier

His eyes would cut over at Gola for a moment as he chuckled and shook his head," You forget these are children of warriors and kings. They are not as feeble as you might think and they will surely outsmart you if you keep with a closed mind like that. However, this would allow me to see just how our next generation think and strategize so let us see who finds them first," that combative gaze came across his features as he began to walk around the library and look for the sudden tells of deception. One thing he had learned in the field of battle and even hunting was that your opponent or your prey were always smarter than what you gave them credit for and he knew these kids would be no exception. As he walked around the expansive area, he knelt to the floor and placed his hand upon it closing his eyes for a moment as he thought to himself.

Even if this had been a library there had been many twists, many turns to it. He couldn't fathom these kids were as dumb as most their age would be. One of their parents had been Ymir and while Gola was prone to idiotic tendencies he was no idiot either. Standing by up he would begin to look around, his eyes gazing for anything out of place, dropped or something that would catch his eye. As he stepped quietly, slowly even he would catch wind of a small tuft of hair. Leaning over to pick it up he would examine it closely to find that it did not belong to him nor Gola. And it did not belong to Boda as well. His eyes would shift from left to right as he kneeled down and focused his keen eyes on the ground. There were always prints left in the aftermath and if they were not careful or did not notice it would lead them afoul.

He would begin to slowly follow the faint, but ever present path as he reared behind another set of bookshelves remaining as silent as the hunter in the wild checking below as well as above. Sooner or later he would find his quarry, but how soon was the real question.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

As she began to protest, thinking that Furcas was being naive, Zubaidah suddenly closed her mouth and deceived against it, ‘I understand. If you think that it is too risky, then I must agree with you. But please, don’t let the fact that our risks didn’t pay off last time stop you from taking anymore. A risk might be dangerous, of course, but it can also afford avenues impossible otherwise.’ She would squeeze his hand tight, smiling him in reassurance, ‘So we can’t take a head-on approach at all, hmm? Well, if we want a more subtle one, then we could disguise ourselves. I know that, when I was captured, David’s men never stopped doctors or merchants. Could we disguise ourselves as one of them and steal our way through a city? We could even set up a distraction outside or inside the city, whether false information or some loud performance like fireworks, to draw eyes away from us.’ Offering up more ideas, but trying not to overstep her bounds, Zubaidah would then look around the table at her fellow collaborators, ‘What connections do we have, both here and around these cities?

mag: 340/340 | word: 1521 | stam: 390/390

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Roku (???)

As the young giant lurked around the library he would find little clues along each step he took. While Gola would have vanished in the other direction they would truly divide and conquer. Little tufts of hair would lead to a pair of gargoyles on a random set of stairs down the long corridor. On the mouth of the beasts rested the hair of someone. While in the other an icy eye stared at him. It was obvious that at least one of the boys was here. Maybe the other was close, there was a sign that Angr was playing around him.

Laughs and little chirps of songs would wash overhead. The sounds of steps with great force skipping atop the shelves. Ice gleamed as strands fell down upon his head. She was lighter than someone of her size should've been, even if the ice was made to their scale the grace she kept made it so she was always just out of sight. If he was to catch her, he would truly have to keep looking. She hid in plain sight, out of reach. Just enough to play with her pursuers, Angr was definitely not a child to be trifled with. Gola had been rather quiet until a loud "HAHA GOTCHA MY LITTLE BEAR!"

Gero (???)

As Gero watched the show wrap up there would be the finale of Enda's performance. She had pranced along the line, walking along it until there was only a quarter left on the rope. Then, would come the last fall, once again she had dropped, used the rope to fling herself towards the trapeze to start her dance in the air once again. The real surprise would come when landed once more on the tightrope.

It would snap, falling to the ground, but she would not. Edna was still suspended in the air, a green glow under her feet. It was like glitter, shimmering to the ground with each step she took. With each moment, each passing part of her walk the people were on edge. Until it was the end, she had made it to the platform. Turning around to face the crowd, their eyes and souls focused on her. Her moment would enrapture them all, but she could only wait for what came after.

Waking up to Gero, after some time had passed she had a bright smile upon her. "Did you see my dance, my love? The only thing greater that I could see soon would be the ball! I hope that the small show will be fun for us, I've heard it's quite the crowd." She would say, continuing rambling about the things to come.

Josiah

As Josiah and E had their moment of peace, talking of David and the things that could come. For tonight though, it was time for one last day of this, of life unfettered. Almost as if they had been called over by the conversation Rane would set down a plate of bread with butter and roasted veggies. "Time to start eating boys, there's a whole lot coming even for this many mouths."

"She's right" Mary would say weakly, "I think we all deserve a feast, especially when it feels like family." It was the closest thing she knew to family, the only thing she had in life that didn't feel like work. It was better than those streets, it was better than when she was healthy. "Lets enjoy this, I know you love a good stew, and we had some chilis to add." She'd smile, offering what kindness she could do the boy she loved like a sun.

Sparrow

"The two cities closest hold allies of ours. One of them you are familiar with or your father has to have mentioned. Sabnock a member of the Terran clan and his people are on the Western path, the issue is David is pressuring his people hard. The others, have been oppressed longer but lack anything more than a small supervising group to keep them in place. It is a city in the desert, run by a great woman named Dantalion." Furcas would say.

"If you wish to risk it those paths are possible but each has its own challenge. We have allies we know we can rely on if we take on the larger, harder-to-sneak by force. Or we could trust brainwashed fools but have a better opening. So both options are death" Marax would say in a rather pessimistic tone.

"Well Sparrow, what do you say, you've seen what happens to these cities better than we ever could. We've only ever heard rumors till now, Gamigan is the only other source we've had and even he is hard to reach." Furcas was entrusting their fate to his sister. He wanted someone he knew, a rock to help him stay determined.

Responding in 48 hours

Gero Gu

Gero Gu
C-Tier
C-Tier

A True Dragon

"How many times do I have to tell you? I will tolerate no petty bickering in my presence. Conflict does not please me."

General Info
Character Name: Gero, Gu

Link to Approved Character: Gero

Equipment: Cane
Starter Skills:Skills

Gero had gather his train of thought as Gero decides how to reply to his lover. He wasn´t sure what to say because girls tend to go on and on about important developments in life.

However, the old geezer had one question, and that was the topic of the ball. He wasn´t sure what this function was, and this was his first time hearing about it. He grunted and said, "Yes, Edna, dear, you did quite a good job. However, I am curious: what of this ball? I never heard of it before,and this is my first time hearing about it.¨

Gero was interested in Edna's reply as Gero continued to enter her. He wasn´t sure what he expected from being in this dungeon. So far, this place wasn´t what he had expected, and it was peaceful and very set on telling a story. A story about what Gero thought to be able to be King David; however, he wasn´t so sure.

So far, everything has been his interaction with his family and his position here within the circle. He had a feeling that the journey he was on had no importance other than to be slaughtered by the masses. Well, that wasn't a nice train of thought; it was more like if he met to change something. He wasn´t sure how he was going to do that from Circus.

Affiliation: Chronus
Murmurr: A Tragedy of Two Lovers - Page 4 Vandenreich_medallion_by_beauryan101-d5zmh8y
346|8,290
Total Word Count

Info:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zubaidah knew both of those names, surprising her that even more figures from Alma Torran were so recognisable. Sabnock was a Djinn in the service of councilman Octavius, whose powers she had witnessed and read about from Archaeological Society files. Dantalion was Noir’s Djinn, which she had never seen in action, but still the name ‘Dantalion’ sent shivers down her spine for some reason, Don’t choose her… And why not? I’m not quite sure. I just feel something telling me not to - All of a sudden, Zubaidah felt a burning sensation burst through her torso, intense enough that she felt like vomiting, What’s this?! As she dwelt longer on the name ‘Dantalion’, the searing pain became stronger and stronger until…

Ah, please excuse me. I have never been of particularly good health, as my brother knows.’ Her voice spoke as Furcas’ sister, even whilst she experienced this internal conflict, surprising Zubaidah once more, ‘I think it best to approach Sabnock. He will be more willing to help us if his people have not yet been taken over fully by David. I found that my own town was more open to discussing revolt and other opposition to David’s men in the first year. By the end, however, they could not even look me in the eye - let alone speak with me. I fear that Dantalion - ’ She could feel sweat drip down her neck at the mention of that name again, brushing it aside as she hurried along, ‘That she or her people might have experienced something similar. No doubt she would have it worse as a Tribesperson than my people, considering how long David's towers have been active. As such, I would gamble on Sabnock’s successful cooperation over Dantalion’s.

Rokurou Isah

Rokurou Isah
D-Tier
D-Tier

His steps continued for a moment before he smiled and looked at the tufts of hair and took them into his hands gingerly. These belonged to one of the kids for sure but which one… which one indeed. He would have missed the eye looking at him if he did not inspect the gargoyle in its entirety. He stared for a moment without blinking. Seconds went by as he shrugged and walked away out of eyesight of the gargoyle but he had a plan. In silence he would wrap around the gargoyle and pick it up in one swift movement followed by a silent, but audible at the same time,” Found you little statue,” of course as he held the statue he would slowly set it down onto the ground and begin his hunt once more. He had to give credit to these children they were already this age but slowly outsmarting the adults was something that he wasn’t expecting. Or maybe he was and he was happy to see them growing at this pace. The gentle giant would begin to continue his search until he had heard the humming and the gentle tapping of a strong foot.

His eyes would head northbound toward the top of the shelves before a tuft of hair poked him in the eye. A gentle flinch would be all that he would give as he smirked. This one was the most clever out of the bunch. She was small enough to get up there and stay while also assuring that her pursuers could not get to her but she didn’t know her uncle all too well. Silently he would trace her movements with the stealth of a tiger in the wild, with each move she made he would have to calculate to be faster, smarter. He would wait for a few shelves counting her steps until the next gap or the next shelf and he would strike. Crouching down he would pull all of the power into his legs before leaping upward and meeting with her eye to eye,” Found. You.” He would exclaim as he reached to catch her. Now the game was on.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Gero (Darling)

"Well I thought you would've heard by now, it's the talk of the circus! Well, I guess it's to be expected since you never know what ears may lurk around the corners, prying into any little thing." Edna would say with a bit of worry. Still, she was more than happy enough to explain it to her beloved.  "Well, the word is this ball that we are to attend, to entertain at is a facade. A group wishing to unite and finally right the wrongs of this world."

She twirled around him as she spoke. "I know that sounds vague, but still, it's got the people in good spirits. I imagine for many it's just the excitement of being at such a lavish event. Though I find it a suitable chance to let loose, doesn't it make you curious?" The show lights formed thousands of galaxies with millions of stars of each possibility she saw. This woman was a dreamer, a rare breed in this world. Still, there were a lot more worries in this laugh. For some reason, this life kept granting them small moments of breath before would rain down. Hell hath no fury like that of the orthodoxy.

Sparrow

"If that's the path that you believe is right Sparrow then I can trust you. I still believe it is more nuanced than just having a fighting chance but either option lacks a foolproof solution." Furcas would chime in with. His bronze brow furrowed with worry, he'd rather have the brave girl stay by his side but he didn't like the chance of risk she'd be exposed to.

"Well at least someone can come to a decision, if that's what you're both going to agree then I believe it's best to move forward as a unified front. We'll contact one of his scouts, we'll need to cover ground quickly so we must move tomorrow." Marax would say. A slight tone seemed to reside behind his words but Furcas seemed to ignore it and probably expected his sister to as well.

"Let's get some rest and a meal then, I know you must be hungry Sparrow. You're gonna need a lot more to eat if you're going to face the Chuch." his eyes truly did seem to see her. In a much kinder light than a djinn's eyes had shown before.

Roku (???)

Roku had proven well, finding one of the Boda twins and one of Gero's young boys. It was likely that the former of the two had shared his favorite hiding place but it still had some of a flaw. The real chase was Ymir's eldest daughter, that was until he would realize the game he was in store for.

Gola would come around. He was slightly sweating, he didn't realize how intense the hunt was going to be either. "I got one of the shy one's and my youngest. That leaves the wild one and Fenris!" Gola had expected his son to pick a secure spot, but no, he been tempted to play another game.

Angr and Fenris were both upon the shelves. They were both far more agile than expected. It seemed like these cousins did well at influencing one another. These two, had a different set of rules in mind. Fenris would knock down an encyclopedia onto Roku's hands to prevent him grab angr.

"HEY, YOU MAY BE MY BOY BUT PICKING ON YOUR UNCLE IS MY JOB!" Gola would say. He was ready to bring forth his full might. To pust aside years of teasing to combine efforts with his younger brother. Then, the room froze. "As much as I'd love to watch the next generation show their ferocity, I've finished my buisness so the time for games is over."

The voice was kind, yet, something about it had caused everything in the palace. The air, the sound, even the light seemed duller at the words of Ymir. It was not a fearful thing, no it was the weight he carried around now. Conquering, forming armies, uniting people under an iron banner had transformed his presence.  "We'll eat, talk about how much has changed, but then we must discuss an important invitation. I'd like you to both join me, to a ball held be a defector of the Orthodoxy."

48 hours, the next post will start a small interaction for each player just before the ball.

Rokurou Isah

Rokurou Isah
D-Tier
D-Tier

Nothing would stop him in his pursuit. Once the giant had found his quarry he was not going to let up. Hearing Gola's voice would not make him stop in his stride as he smiled and continued after the other two," Good these two are all that remain keep your head in the game Gola," he would exclaim as he continued to swing from shelf to shelf in a mad attempt to grab Angr. When he was close he could see the rather thick, cumbersome encyclopedia coming for his face and like most he would have eaten it and fell to the ground. But they did not know their uncle and the ploy would have worked on the likes of Gola maybe. As the encyclopedia continued to crash downward, Rokurou would force his body to twist and contort causing him to do a mid-aerial backflip causing the book to narrowly miss his head but as a result he would touch the ground for just a moment.

In a quick reaction he would bound back up into the air and continue his chase, but just when he was close to his goal the voice of the King of this castle rang through the air. The color that had once filled this area would become slightly dull. Landing immediately he would turn only a moment toward the voice and smile for a moment," And look at that the King had ruined it at just the last critical moment. How fare you my dear big brother? Ruling has made you look at least 100 years older hasn't it?," he would joke of course as he walked toward the giant and hugged him dearly. Business as usual he would step back and nod more so after feeling his stomach grumble. Looking back toward the kids he would motion for Angr and teh rest to join them so they could eat and talk.

The ball did pique his curiosity as he grabbed his helm and placed it on Angr's head for a moment," Since you and your cousins won i'll let you wear this until dinner is over mm?," he'd offer her a small smile as they walked.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sparrow thanked Furcas for standing with her plan, smiling coyly as Marax also agreed. She was happy that her brother had agreed - elated even! - but she was happier that she had Marax’s assent. She was guaranteed her brother’s assent, after all, since he was family. But the fact that someone with none of those preconceptions had agreed? Well, that made Sparrow feel like she had truly stepped into the realm of adulthood.

Thank you for your recognition, lord Marax. I will take my leave now, if my lord brother wishes it. I hope that I can be of equal or better help in tomorrow’s proceedings as well.’ Gracefully bowing out, she would follow Furcas in hopes of having lunch and catching up on everything they had missed, talking with him until sleep beckoned and the morrow came.

Khalik-I-Sabbah

Khalik-I-Sabbah
C-Tier
C-Tier

With the utmost care and precision, Josiah takes his plate from Mary. He doesn't say much, save for a "Thank you" to his skeletal caretaker. His words were genuine and absolutely unheard of in his prior life. For a moment, the wooden spoon stirred idly at the command of this captain's errant thoughts. Soon it rose from sea, the broth dribbling down meat and veggies— dripping off the spoon. Josiah took a bite. His eyes squinted. His tongue burned. Delicious. A single tear roll from watery eyes.

Habi... He liked to think the legendary street vendor still breathed.

Another bite— another tidal wave of flavor.

But he knew better. Habi was cooked— overcooked to be exact, and the charcoal mass was bitter to swallow. Mary too, had been burnt crisp by David's Kitchen (church). What a horrid chief.

His tongue swam in spice— the bowl laid barren like fields in a drought. Josiah had nearly licked the dish clean.

The establishment ought to come under new management, but he was no cook... but he didn't need to be. He just needed to make worthwhile investment.

To the company, he raised this empty bowl a trophy of bonds undying. "My compliments to the chiefs," he whistled.

And he would invest in this company, of his bond with E & Rane— and of the young upstarts that communed in hush whispers. He wanted to see it, the day this establishment, David's Church, was ran to the ground.

Gero Gu

Gero Gu
C-Tier
C-Tier

A True Dragon

"How many times do I have to tell you? I will tolerate no petty bickering in my presence. Conflict does not please me."

General Info
Character Name: Gero, Gu

Link to Approved Character: Gero

Equipment: Cane
Starter Skills:Skills

"Well, I thought you would've heard by now; it's the talk of the circus! Well, I guess it's to be expected since you never know what ears may lurk around the corners, prying into any little thing."

Gero listened to the words of his mate; he didn't know how he felt about being called a darling. But he ignores the gesture of passion from his partner and focuses on the words of his lover. It seems like some great event was going to take place, and Gero didn't hear much information about it. That was due to the strict nature of his interaction with the locals of Cirus. However, as Edna talks, Gero listens to her words as he carefully listens to the knowledge she is sharing with him.

"Well, the word is that this ball that we are to attend, to entertain at, is a facade. A group wishing to unite and finally right the wrongs of this world"

After hearing his lover's comment, he came to realize that this party wasn't what it was meant to be. It was a cover-up for what the people really believe in. How interesting is this development? More importantly, how long was this going along for?

So many questions and ideas pop into his head. However, Gero had wished to ask for his two cents on these functions. Clearing his voice and making sure to make eye contact if he was able to. The young lad said," Who runs these events? Also, what can you tell me about that city that disappeared one night after me and the parents had finished a show? The destruction of the city occurred as he disappeared into the night."

Gero was directly curious about the information his lover had. More importantly, he had a general interest in her knowledge of this world. Gero didn't care about the cult that this group of people were in. However, he was worried his home would be targeted by the same power that destroyed that city long ago.

Gero replied to his lover and said," I am very curious; this sounds like this has been happening for quite some time. I want to see for myself this function. Would you like to accompany me?"

Affiliation: Chronus
Murmurr: A Tragedy of Two Lovers - Page 4 Vandenreich_medallion_by_beauryan101-d5zmh8y
374|8,664
Total Word Count

Info:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Battle of Sabnock: Sparrow(Zub) and Surtr(Roku)

There were many expeditions going on to the great ball. There were over a hundred invites from the rumors. It was hard to say how many would get in. It was this that would draw forth many of the 72 Djinn, it was likely they could all be present but only so few could now. Only the young Sparrow knew that this ball was the event that brought forth the resistance, the fight against the orthodoxy.

While Rokurou had a nice dinner with his family he would find tension in the air most of the night. The kids would play, but as they got further into the meal Ymir would explain. They had been reached out to, and their strength desired assistance in the battle against the church. They had done well in their own right, he was proud of thinking they could do well on their own. Still, the giant in the north was no fool. He knew it was better to go, to have that chance. So they would go, they would lead the advance party, and meet up at this grand dance. There they would wait, listen, and then they would take action.

Sparrow had time with Furcas for the night, they would share stories and enjoy their dinner. Marax did not care to join them, he stayed by himself while they had that chance to share. Still, in the morning they would have to depart, the journey would come soon, and the time would pass in even quicker time than they realized. They had no idea what type of fight they were truly in for.

As days went by, turning into a week and some change they both pulled up close to the borders of Sabnocks city. The giants were there by coincidence but they had the strength to fend off any true threat. This was just the most optimal path, still, they too would realize how small they were. Just behind the smaller men and women in carriages just a kilometer away. They would be the first witness of violence, when the intel meant they were at battle it failed to include how imminent and rapidly the battlefield had expanded.

Marax was in the carriage behind them while Furcas and Sparrow were in their own. It was just the two for the sake of keeping it discreet. One of the carriages was a trade-off, a decoy for them to let head off while they all condensed into one. There would be no time, as they traveled by the great river leading into the city something caught Furcas' eyes. The gleam of gold, as reptilian humanoids flooded towards them screaming, the church was here.

The Plague of Faith: Darling (Gero) and Josiah (Khalik)

The storyteller's son would get his answers from his love. They were questions that were well worth answering. The town he had been in before, that one years ago was a makeshift city like many but the people that lived there, the communities that set up there before were all gone. The land was razed until crops could no longer grow, and steel towers were now holding what people dared to try and find solace there. The event was another story, there was no clue who was hosting it, just that it had been the same person warning people to flee towns, the hammer that had slain the orthodoxy's generals.

Josiah would rest, the matter of how well depended on if he'd be able to close his eyes. E and Rane would stay the night, the child resting close by. Mary certainly couldn't sleep, she sat by the fire all night, her stomach content but her heart void. She worried that the boy carried if he thought she wished to be rid of him. She wants him to be okay, to be safe from the poison that was David's law. They had to the palace, to begin work. Little did they know, there was a greater task than they could have expected.

E and Josiah had met up with Erin, they found out he would be leaving with their lady, Murmurr, to head on out to a ball. She and him both specifically had received invitations but he had mentioned that his work would be much needed. She had already ventured out, they too would need to folow if they planned to learn from the best. There the pair would hear the rumors of this rebellion, of this group which could strip the might of the mages. They were in a town over, the ball and it's place of rest was but a town away. They could be there in a day. Still, there were other travelers, just on the town borders traveling performers, A grand circus yet to bet set up. They had a job, a performance at this grand dance.

As both groups rested for the big day tomorrow, they heard a strange sound. Something had rang all through the ground, the air, the cutting sound of brass dancing back and forth. A bell, beckoning, no it was commanding all who heard to come to the town square. There was an interrogation, as David's men had come, looking to set up a new workforce.

48 hours until next reply

Rokurou Isah

Rokurou Isah
D-Tier
D-Tier

For the entirety of the dinner he sat and listened to his older brother as the real reason they were here had been revealed. It wasn’t a matter of how but a matter of when they would be pulled into the war with the church. He knew his brother for many things but to be a jester and a liar at that he was not, but in a sense he supposed this was fate. Every memory of that life shown that war was often inevitable and when it came you had to fight for your own. Clasping his hands together he would idly look toward the kids and knew his answer immediately. He wouldn’t just fight for any cause but if he could fight to assure that they could have a future and above all be safe? He would raze the world to the ground.

Looking over to Ymir he would wonder a few small things before the night continued and he would have of course ask,” Will father be attending this ball and subsequent fight and what is our stake in this? I fight for glory and our family but surely they would not ask of us if not for something we stand to gain my brother.,” he would fight regardless but he had to have the facts straight. During the oncoming days he spent them alone mostly training and getting his mind in the game so to speak. If they were asked then others were asked as well and he would be the one to stand at the end with glory and fame. To stand among the dead of the slain with a new name. A new purpose. But above all he would assur that his family stood triumphant. He had to.

That morning upon their departure to the ball he took his famed helmet back from young Angr and hugged them all promising that he would return to play with them once more and when he did they would finish their little game. In all honesty it gave him something to look forward to and even more reason to return home. Those short days made him a proud uncle and now they would hear tale and fame of their greatest uncle. As they walked behind the carriages he would look to Gola and Ymir curious as he had ever been to the others that had been traveling with them,” So these humans that accompany us… will they be a liability?,” he asked of course due to the nature of battle and war. If they had high profile targets that would make it harder to fight.

In the meantime he kept his head on a swivel and his sword at the ready. Even if one took the less traveled path perils would always persist.

Khalik-I-Sabbah

Khalik-I-Sabbah
C-Tier
C-Tier

The brain and heart are forever entwined, they are but scales to balance the soul. Permit one more wieight however, and they beging to tear that soul. Ever since Khalik had donned Josiah's shoes, he had come to experience these gnagging emotions, and this night was no difference. His brain teemed with excitement, the world outside this hoble was vast and fortuitous. However,. far from the bright visions of tomrrow that he had imagined, his heart wallowed in the darkness of this dreary home, dreaming of the bitter farewell just ahead. With half-hearted revelry, with half-minded clarity, he departed in the morning with a hug to the only mother he had known— in this life and the last. "I'd promise to be good, but somehow I feel that would only worry you."

In lockstep with his new companions he ventured forth only to break from the pack to burn it in his memories one last time— this home, this page of life. He owed it to her. "I love you... Mom."

Towns had become a sore spot of sorts for Josiah since his childhood. He always bears this fear of sudden, cataclysmic combustions when the nearby population breaches the double digits. A nonsensical trauma and today only proved... Only... Oh Lord... For whom does the bell toll? Curiosity had drawn the young man out into the masses of bystanders gawking or... whatever protocol demanded of them. Josiah, in the meantime held his breath, lowered his head, and made his prescence scarce in the crowd.

It's been 24 hours, at best, since Josiah left home, and though he didn't promise Mary to behave— a tussle with David's men so soon was a bit too high roll, even for Khalik.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Battle

The giants would be the first target, as a feminine figure clad in armor holding a thin golden rod. Something black began to conjure forth from her staff, as tendrils would shoot forth across the land, grasping some of the foot soldiers that had chosen to join Ymir and his brothers, dragging them across the ground before heaving them up into the air with great force. Dust and earth would cleave across the landing upheaving and throwing the carriages into the air.

It was pure chaos in a moment as they were forced to see the light of David's magicians. There was only one individual, at least that could be seen at the moment but they chased away herds of people. Sabnocks people had no one to keep them strong, some fired arrows, and others leaped in the air being stopped short of reaching the great magician in the sky. This was not a battle, not even a war for many it was just a slaughter.

Murmurr: A Tragedy of Two Lovers - Page 4 FPm5XmzXEAEU54h?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

That was what they were riding into. If Sparrow had looked amongst what she had been tossed into the young girl would find her brother was nowhere to be seen at the moment. It was likely that he had been thrown far away but this wasn't a time you wanted to be losing people. Thankfully for the young Giant, he could see his brother loud and clear. The great king Ymir would turn, holding his ground as he heaved his great axe. As a tendril lashed towards him he would slash it in half. "Let's show them who they're messing with, our might is unyielding!"

The Plague

The people in the town would be called forward, people in black robes and concealed hands floated in a row above the wooden platform before the city. It was a rather narrow village built around the wide roads expanded to deal with the travel in years prior to the church asserting its authority over the land. Amongst them was a figure strange and decrepit, their body had been battered by something, and in their hands, they held two white golden rods, it seems they may have been on at some point but were adapted to the current wielder.

Murmurr: A Tragedy of Two Lovers - Page 4 691633515812b5ac01e3f82bb823d3d3

"You've done well in surviving, in earning the Lord's favor but your time runs thin. We offer the chance to flee, to those who do not wish to work the land as a rare courtesy." The figure would speak, their voice almost turning vile as there was more for them to say. "That was until we heard word that the rebellion was making its way here, that it was here. Now you have some clear suspicions such as this insane circus on the boundaries. Or, they could be your scapegoat in an attempt to appease us. Now, we don't like to waste time so we believe that either you should answer us today, and we rid your fine home of parasites or, we can start building a brand new tower today!"

It was the worst of each world, the Church was not known for being gentle when it came to their persecution. It would be brutal to watch such a thing and they would surely make a show of it. Still, having them take away their lives, and their souls wasn't much better. Most were paralyzed in fear, but only for so long until someone would make a scapegoat until that sacrificial lamb was offered.

You have 48 hours to reply

Khalik-I-Sabbah

Khalik-I-Sabbah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Curses. Curses a plenty. Out from under breaths, rushed and heated, a list of expletives rolled forth; its sheer length could overshadow any one of David's precious little towers twice fold. Surely, it was an accomplishment, but one of little merit with death before him as witness. Of course, Josiah's fellow common men were similarly bound in panic, but their tongues did not waggle so effortlessly like his— a trait left over from Khalik. How helpful...

What was he to do? What was he to say? Hello, I'm Josiah, and I'm with the rebels, so don't kill these fine townsfolk okay? Then what, suffer a terminal case of death? Endure weeks if not months of torture— magical torture! To the macabre thoughts did the shivers dance along his spine, and with each vertebre that tingled a determination swelled, something noble yet somehow mad. Escape Judgement. But how? He wielded no magic— held no power. In this world he was but a man; a miserable man with no hopes to defy the self-appointed Gods of these lands. The cursed list grew another line or two as Josiah's head sank low.

What was he to do? What was he supposed to do? Should he slink his way back to E and the two ditch town? No, running now was too much a liability; and any subsequent capture would place them on the short list to a crematorium. Okay, does he bear himself as a traitorous rebel then? Perhaps, he could throw the church off the revolution's scent? It's possible, but it could have the inverse effect and further implicate E and Rane. Josiah also didn't want to die: too risky. What's left then? Does he forsake the Carnies? From a high horse it was an indefensible position, but morality was never on the young man's docket... at least when it came to Khalik. However, for Josiah, it was a bit different. The vagrant nature of his predecessor still persist, albeit lies half-asleep in the dreams of the subconcious, but his hatred towards the church pushes a more altruistic approach... if only he could find one.    

"Oh, wise sage of David," desperation saturated his thoughts, and trickled into his words. Josiah needed time, he needed to stall, but for what he wasn't sure. Maybe E can call reinforcements or pull out some crazy magical gizmo— or maybe Josiah could find the answer to talking down genocidal nerds with god complexes. Once more throat would strain in hopes to silence the young fool, but Josiah pushed through all the same.   "Your magesty," Khalik's tongue at work, once again, refered to hence forth as a Khalik Moment. It helped loosen his tension, if only a little bit. "If I may speak."

Last edited by Khalik-I-Sabbah on 01/11/23, 03:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *correcting grammar and color coding)

Rokurou Isah

Rokurou Isah
D-Tier
D-Tier

Nothing was ever as it had seemed and as the young battle ready giant kept his head on a swivel, he knew it was only a matter of time. He was just about to ask both his brothers a question when a shift in the air happened. His nostrils flared for a moment as he took in a deep whif of the air and in the moments that passed it began. Men and women were flung into the air by something, tendrils of magic poised to stop their advance. Unlike many who had been fearful or even scared of an impending fight this might have stopped them in their tracks, but not the Red Lion. Reaching behind him he would unveil a set of swords that within the same movement he would leap into the air cutting the tendrils off of those that were within his massive armspan. To prevent most of their forces from being scared or timid he stood strong with Ymir at his side as they yelled getting their troops into a battle ready state.

His eyes went up to the mage as he gritted his teeth and spat to the ground," Magic....Its always magic!!! Gola, you know what do to!! I'll get those pesky archers in line...and lets play our favorite game," his helm would be brought onto his face as he peered through the the crimson eyes of the wolfen helm, almost as if they were glowing. Thunderous footsteps filled the field as he ran toward Sabnock's troops and with a boistrous boom of his voice he would rattle their bones," THIS IS A BATTLE!? GET YOURSELVES TOGETHER!," if they had no leader he would be the one to lead them.

He knew how to fight mages to some extent but this one felt different...stronger than what he knew of. This would be a perfect time to have one of those djinn wielding fighters but he would not count on it. He would rise above this...but for the meantime he would direct orders," If you have mages direct them to find a flaw or weakness in this creature. Archers concentrate your fire so that you are not firing like children learning how to nock your fight arrow. If you cannot fly do not jump. Focus on protecting your mages and archers. You're life depends on how we win this battle so do not lose hope. Follow the example of King Ymir and his brothers and you will be victorious!!," he would rally these people and get their heads in the game as he turned and gripped his blades tightly, it was time to fight.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

As her carriage was thrown into the dust-filled air, Sparrow would kick open the door on her side and swing onto the roof. Seeing the ground grow ever closer, she would vault off the carriage and somersault downwards with Graceful Airs. As she hit the ground with a hefty thunk, she could feel the breath dislodge itself from her throat, her body frailer than she was accustomed.

But after taking a few deep breaths, it became apparent that nothing had bruised or broken, owing to her good form. Sighing in relief, and thinking it better that she hide if she could not trust her body to be ready for battle, Sparrow looked for Furcas amidst the rubble. As she stared at the destruction, however, Zubaidah found herself reminded of her hometown Tisifun. When it had been torched, she had simply hidden and allowed the Mansur household to die for her protection.

Was she about to allow the same now with Sabnock’s people?

I won’t let this happen again!’ Picking up a broken axle-rod, Zubaidah would glare at the Orthodoxy magician, ‘I am Sparrow, sister of Furcas and heir of Joab’s magic!’ Listening to the rukh, muffled as they were in Murmurr’s world, Zubaidah would mimic what she had seen Zion and Noir do so many times. She knew from Amnet how magic worked in theory, and Natan had explained it in further detail, but could she actually cast it herself? Well, if she trusted what Murmurr had said, then she was not simply pretending to be Sparrow.

She was Sparrow in this world.

I was waiting for you to grow a backbone, heh! As she focused on the rukh’s voices, she would hear Yakuroro loud and clear, If you want to know how to do magic, then look no further than me. She could feel her arm move on its own, drawing circles in the air, and her voice sounded out without her knowing how, After all, I’m the best magician, aren’t I?

Har-Har Infigar!

mag: 390/390 | word: 1521 | stam: 390/390

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Plague

The priest of David would float towards Josiah, their stare and gaze gave off intensity as they tried to examine him. If he was human it was strange to see one who had betrayed the faith and any chance at power in this world of monsters.  Or maybe he was one of those strange creatures that looked human but wasn't quite. "You may speak boy, you will address me as Lord Raphael. Now move forward, and share what you will. I suggest you do it quickly."

There was a lack of patience in the wise one's words. They didn't care who it was, someone would be displayed as a criminal before them all. If not that was even better, then they'd have an excuse to wipe this town off the map. It would just be another in the endless conflict that was beginning to consume the surrounding area. Josiah had been close to it, he had seen how their power burned and ate away at the world. This was his chance to do something, E and Erin who waited amongst the crowd were worried about why he would step forward, why he would speak.

The Battle

As the few and far in between that didn't flea continued to fight they would see black vines and tendrils grow forth from the caster's hand as a black orb seemed to float in their palm. Their writhing nature was like that of snakes, yet they strung with the force of the earth itself. One by one people would find a prison capturing them, pulling them deeper back into the home they were now fleeing.

Then, among the darkness, amongst the terror that filled the air with screams and killed the light within their eyes a flash and roar would clear. The giants would tug, and slash trying to tear down this one-person army. Ymir's axe had more and more of the black arms grip his blade, trying to remove it but it held firm. "I am Gabriel, voice for our Savior. You shall welcome in the new day with your bodies!" With those words the fire the sparrow had sung came to life. It would fly, smacking when she would see a flash take her attack.

"For that infraction, I think it's time you become re-educated lost lamb..." Despite being so far away, Sparrow could feel her target's words. Surtr would see a black spear would fly into the head of one of his men. As it began to infect, forming the dark armor of the warrior. Controlling him, forcing him to look towards the little one. He found his target.

You have 48 hours to reply

Khalik-I-Sabbah

Khalik-I-Sabbah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Josiah did not, in fact, step forward. Rather every living entity with even a smidge of voltage in their brain took one— maybe two— large steps back from the young nomad, hoping to remove themselves from smote-range. It was a cute gesture, but certainly not appreciated. The apocalypse was at their door— in arms reach— centimeters before their very eyes, and one meter of separation to the origin point was not saving anybody. "You motherfuckers..." So much for solidarity, but that's just how the world crumbles.  

Josiah tilted his upward to look upon the cobbled husk of the mage called Raphael. His stature seemed feeble and his flesh twisted like a raisin; his humanity all shriveled up. And despite his decrepit form, despite their proximity to one another, Josiah could not lay harm upon the church. Fine, if his fist could not strike retribution then let his words shoot true.

Or, at least, let them ring like truths.

"Lord Raphael..." Breathe in and grasp it Josiah; be SMART. A scenario where everybody lives, unscathed, is nothing short of a daydream. Religion is inherently irrational and David's Church is as irrational as they come, and no amount of flowery words or rhetoric could hope to dissuade these genocidal geriatrics.  "Your mercy, I beg you, I beg you please. We, who have braved your Light, are thankful for the Life we carry, and would not waste something so cherished on the futility of rebellion. So, I tell you, Lord Raphael, it was not us who brought this plague." Gradually, like a glacier dissipating, Josiah unfurled his index finger, for he had no other choice...

But to submit an offering before the Lord.

With a crooked point, he directed all eyes to the Carnival, "It was them. Wanderers who traffic in lip service and fantasies." Josiah bowed deep at his waist, his head hung in reverence to the Church. "I only pray your punishment is lenient, so that they may spread the good word of the Church."

It was an excellent performance from Josiah: each line was delivered genuinely, his expression was faultless, and his voice did not under duress. Surely, it was a performance worthy of an Oscar, but Josiah would never take an award for such a detestable role.

Last edited by Khalik-I-Sabbah on 15/11/23, 01:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed text colors to be more legible)

Rokurou Isah

Rokurou Isah
D-Tier
D-Tier

The battle had not been going in the path that he thought. What was supposed to rally the troops ended up posing more of an issue than he could calculate. Despite dealing with the mage, he would take firm his swords and take a stance, ready to jump back into combat. Unknown to him a spear would fly past him, as Surtr was not the target he would see that for him but the fighter behind him. Looking for a moment he would watch as they were corrupted and there was not much he could do. An inaudible "Fuck me" rung through his mind as he turned to deal with the new threat. What made him change his mind from the mage to the corrupted guard was that their gaze went somewhere else. Far. Maybe it was wherever the trail of fire had came from and suddenly he knew. Surtr knew for a fact that this was not good, but he couldn't just...no he could not. Shaking his head he would abandon the swords he was using and pulled from his his back his trusted, and most used weapon- His spear. Pointing it at the black veiled fighter he would put himself in front of their sight and smirk,
" You will fight none other than I you fiend."

The words would come out with such courage that even he believed. Even in the face of magic, the giant would stand tall for nothing could stop him. Without turning his back on the corrupted individual he would issue an order to the others," DO NOT LET THOSE BLACK WEAPONS TOUCH YOU. FIGHT SMART AND TAKE DOWN THAT MAGE...NO MATTER WHAT," and should the black speared individual move, Surtr would stop them no matter what.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

God, I’ve missed this feeling! For the first time in forever, she could feel Yakuroro’s presence as if he was right there beside her. How about you try this spell? He was no longer just that feeling in the back of her mind, for Yakuroro was now someone real who she could actually see and hear. Let’s show them why Marax chose us!

As she pressed the staff to her forehead, and spoke these words, she could feel something lighten within her mind. But whilst it might have felt as though some physical weight had been lifted, she wondered whether she had lost something as well. When she opened her eyes, however, she found something even more wonderful:

I told you I was the strongest magician! Well, time for you to prove your strength! Sparrow was faced with Zubaidah and Yakuroro. Nice to meet you, lass! Lovely seeing you, missy!How are you here?!Hey, hey, no time for that! We’ve got some Orthodoxy magicians to put in their places. Leave your protection to us. You just focus on taking down that Gabriel fellow!

She could feel all the magic she had ever learnt under Joab and Furcas meld with Yakuroro’s immense knowledge, causing her to recite these words without fully realising it, ‘Aug Al-Hazard!’ As she held her hands to her throat, questioning whether that had been her voice or not, several spikes erupted from the earth and began severing Gabriel’s vines one by one.

Is it possible to win?

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Plague]

"Thank you for bringing this to light, it seems one of you was smart enough to lot let scum ruin the word of the Orthodoxy." The damaged body that was David's priest would raise both of their crutches into the air. It was like a prayer, their words mumbled so softly it was like a leaf in the wind as the rukh would begin to gather in a great flurry above the tent. There was no time for the people to flee, for anyone to even defend the false words spread by Josiah.

A great tree would come from underneath the tent, the bodies inside being sucked into the roots. The plants grow into them, through them using everybody as nutrients. As their flesh and blood would pour into the soil. The screams were the waking calls of the birds that were welcoming this dark morning song. Horror would grow as the plant began to darken, becoming so deep that it seemed as if the night itself was sprouting forth from the ground. As it would reach its peak the magician would once again turn towards Josiah. Looking deep into his soul as if there was nothing else to look into.
"Well we must thank you, this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for you."

Horror is what followed them, their eyes and expressions all turning to the boy who had condemned the clowns but saved them all. None had spoken up, and none truly judged him but they knew had done what they couldn't do.

The Battle

Gabriel's vines would keep trying to grasp away at the people in the armies. The dark vines slowly made one turn against the other. As their bodies were twisted and warped only some would be saved by the giant's great blades, and the magic of Sparrow who was rather efficient in learning how to make use of her skills. It was a growing blood bath but the magic of a human with a Stave so divine was hard to match.

The black tendrils grew forth into a great horn before Gabriel, it would scream, shaking the world around them as weapons and magic would clash in an overwhelming one-sided battle. The screaming roar would make it hard for many to fight back. It was time for the glowing gold to join their side, a fire would arise onto Surtr's blade a gift from the mighty Gamigan, who upon a frozen spear would fly past in great glory. "GAMIGAI MIAYAT ALMUHA!" As he screamed fire and ice would start to form massive arms around him. They grasped for the great horn, reinforcements had arrived, and he was not the last.

As the great giants tried their best they would be seen as growing platforms of icicles that would bring them forward through into the air to grab the other mages. They would bring them down to the earth, they would rally from the battle turning sides, it was almost enough to turn the people around to defend their homes.

48 hours until Proxy's Next reply

Rokurou Isah

Rokurou Isah
D-Tier
D-Tier

All was starting to look bleak as Surtr began to look around the battlefield. The giants were holding out but at what cost. They did not have the magic to counter the mages, and even with the backup they...were losing ground. Still he remained in the fight and was determined to turn the tide of this battle by any means necessary. As he brandished his weapon and poised to strike the corrupted knight, he would hear and feel something different with his weapon. As the fire engulfed his blade he smiled seeing that help was finally here. Spinning the spear he would shout to the heavens," NOW IS THE TIME!! STOW YOUR FATIGUE! FIGHT! PUSH! SHOW THEM OUR MIGHT," and with his own words he would begin to fight back. Turning toward some of the mages around him, he would jump and use the full force of his swing to bring one down to the ground, driving his spear into the mage attempting to kill it.

As the fight went into their favor, he would turn to their reinforcements and smile," Good day to you! You've finally arrived to the party. Lets finish this up!!," proud in his ways he would continue to go through the opposition attempting to end the fight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum