You are not connected. Please login or register

Murmurr: Lives of the Court

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Murmurr: Lives of the Court 06/06/23, 12:13 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"You my brave few, I find are perfect to view the lives of those in my realm. You see, during my time as ruler, I accepted my refugees and people from kingdoms abound. I believe it was what made my people strong, but it was likely also the poison that weakened my city as I wept over my own loss. I do not blame it on them, as it was my negligence as a ruler but I only hope there is something to be learned from both sides. I know what I would've done differently, but what would they have done? What could I have said, started, or stopped in their benefits? That is the question I ask you. Please help me find this answer."

The room would begin to explode in bright light as the city would come into view. In their new clothes, they all stood on a long steel bridge leading to a castle. Just before the building seemed to a forum, an area for the people to gather and talk, and there seemed to stand 6 individuals, in a row waiting for the group to approach. Each of them being extremely different from the other.

"Approach these members of my court, each one offering a different challenge. A different life to experience. You will live as one of them, face the struggle they faced. Learn if their abilities are true for you, please help bridge the gap between the worlds born here. You may choose whichever life you wish, even if another has. You shall all converge at some point."

All they had to do was approach one of them, talk to them, and take their challenge. Before them each, on the ground was inscribed their challenge. They would happily talk, and get to know them, but once one was selected they would be reborn.

Challenge of the Monster
Murmurr: Lives of the Court 04a5ae038f56dd5c22bb67a2e052aad2

Challenge of the Assassin
Murmurr: Lives of the Court 9027d40039193ed9b3825bd52fdd3ae3

Challenge of the Warrior
Murmurr: Lives of the Court Fad9b0b7a114cdc1002c49e86f69ab3e

Challenge of the Ranger
Murmurr: Lives of the Court 8d28b748148ab24d6d0e0caabe1ba2a4

Challenge of the Beast Tamer
Murmurr: Lives of the Court A85321e44a651256bb31811d8df98c5d

Challenge of the Magician

Murmurr: Lives of the Court C77119720e8530d8f9742af3933e93fa

You have 48 hours to post until Murmurr will either move you to one she may suggest or just getting tossed forward

2Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 06/06/23, 04:17 pm

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

What did it mean to choose the hunt? What did it mean to be the hunter? What did it mean to be the hunted? It is questions that never be asked yet are always being answered. Rather one be in the wild or their home.
Mya is such a person who understands the hunt. After all, she was trained since birth to be just that a hunter.
They say a person who kills without remorse is nothing g more than the undead themselves.  That they are more than dirt.
But in reality, there is so much more to those who dare walk this life. Mya did not kill for fun or a living. No, she was trained to kill for the greater good. She killed because well if you think this world is bad with her in it. Then you do not want to see a world where she is not in it.

With a smile ever so grand ever so heartless. She would want up towards the dark shadow of a man and then held out her hand. As she closed her eyes. It would be the ranger that she would pick.
If anyone understood the hunt then it would be the ranger.

But informally and unfortunately as she opened her eyes.
She would b standing in front of the
Assassin.
It was clear what she was here to do. As sadness enters her eyes it would pour into her soul as well. But then she would envision Ghost and a smile would come over her face. For my Emperor, I will gladly take on this curse.

Note
Mya will take on the Assassin

3Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 07/06/23, 09:34 am

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The timid slave, now dressed in the stained and weathered robes of a monk. His slim figure masked by the loose attired secured only by his shoulder and a rope at his waist. His eyes beneath the shadows cast from the hood of his cowl would observe all of the djinns trusted council.
There was a ghost, weapon, barbarian, shadow, beast and a fae. The majority were frightening to 89, but the ghost and the winged creature seemed the least frightening, but there was a certain feeling that he would observe in the ghost that he felt he wouldn't have the emotional capacity to understand, making his decision very simple.

He stepped forth towards the fae-like creature and peeled back the hood. The slaves heart trembling as he was unsure of what to expect. The fear somehow clouding his judgement enough to take the first position.

Apicious

The noble, when adorned in his former glory, seemed to be able to think of something else other than food for the time being. Adjusting his crown a couple times for maximum reflectiveness.

As foolish as he may seem, Apicious did have some skills of administration that were simply consumed by his voracious nature, but to obtain as much food as he did required much in terms of skills of administration. So the djinns words had given him hope of earning the djinn.

He would choose the one he felt resembled him the most and would get him the most glory. Going to the beast, who seemed to also have a regal nature, likely to have the most responsibility of all in his mind. Standing before the creature, the noble would bow as best as a caterpillar could.

Manaka

The young knight in black was ready for anything. She felt comforted by the words of the djinn. This was something that Manaka was fully confident! Fully confident that Shishi would be able to handle very well, and it seemed as Apicious had some experience in helping a country.

However, she herself, 89 and Higan would just have to do their best. 89 seemed to choose and so did Apicious. So she would just trust her instinct. Of the remaining, she would choose the ghost, wanting to comfort them. There was something that attracted her, perhaps feeling that she could protect the ghost or maybe it reminded Manaka of her sister.

Shishi

Shishi took his time waiting for everyone to choose their own challenge, even Higan. He was left with the choice of the shade and the weapon. Both had intrigued him, but Kogata in him leaned him towards following behind one of the other challengers, one dressed as a princess. If he could see the other challenger take their action, he would easily improve upon it, and by outshining a competitor it would give the other more a chance to shine as well.

The topless slave would mosey on over and bumped shoulder with the princess, slouching. One hand resting on the rope around his waist as a bunched tarp hung from it to cover his goods. He looked Mya, giving her an up-down then licking his lips.

4Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 07/06/23, 11:09 am

Higanbana

Higanbana
C-Tier
C-Tier

Higanbana's eyes glance around at her surrounding as she played with the bell attached to her fool's hat. It seemed everyone was here... but with one additional person who wasn't from their group. The catgirl found it amusing to see everyone's outfit, but perhaps she was more interested in the stranger's outfit than anything else. How could she not? It was a princess costume, the prettiest one!

The white-haired girl poked Manaka's cheek, as it was the only place where she could see some skin while her whole body was covered in knight armor. "While this armor fits you, I also think that princess gown looks good on you~!" Higanbana giggled, although it might sound like a touch of sarcasm, but she was telling the truth.

Now, as everyone walked towards each member of the court, Higan would make her move as well. There was one who captivated her eyes the most and reminded her of the brave warriors of Kina that she always read about in the storybook. Did she want to be like that? Koinu would nuzzle Higanbana's hand as she walked towards the armored being, sensing Higanbana's doubt. "Well, we have to, right?" Higanbana would say to her floating companion as she continue to step forward.

As Higanbana got closer, she would stop herself, standing right in front of the warrior. "Good day, Sir Warrior. I couldn't help but think you look very cool!" A mischievous smile appeared on her face as she speak, feeling somewhat excited about what might happen.

5Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 09/06/23, 02:57 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

First came the weapon, a being with fire in its' chest, a great flailing arm that hung upon chains. His hands were the heads of stone dragons with the face of a demon carved into his chest. Fire spitting out as the first words would come from the creature.  "I am Calibur, I served under Murmurr as her weapon, my job was to move amongst the stone and brick of city life. To vanish amongst armies in plain sight, to deceive those we deem vile to either quietly dispose of, or crush and burn when the time is right."

He was a man of many words, with a burn voice, short quick bursts with his words even if they ran on. "My challenge is to live the life as one of my kin, join me on the journey to protect our people. How a home is formed,  the burden of men who must be bad for the sake of a greater good."

As 89 would approach the winged youth they would speak up with a voice filled with sorrow. "If you are willing to take my challenge then you will surely face despair. I am Erin, and we found Murmurr when a small group of my people had been exiled. It was through my help that Murmurr learned to modify her staff.  It was my duty to help utilize magic for our people, to be able to solve problems big and small. It was ingenuity that built the nation. It was my Hubris that lost our home."  He would say,  extending his hand. The large gauntlet that it was began to radiate.

Apicious was greeted at first with a strong scoff, the large elk that stood before him had a blue fur so dark it was the night sky. Serpents seemed to crawl in and out of the shadows, coiling around his horns, swimming in and out of his fur to show up on other sides of his body. "As if you could lead, do you know the burden of what it is to command beasts? To be a true king of beasts one must understand what it means to live amongst them, to command nature with form and presence. All beasts start in this world small, with barely any strength. Each starts that journey differently, but with time they must find strength or die. Your ego would be your death, mine certainly was. All are born to die, even the valiant cannot be immortal!" The beast's voice would roar. He scrapped his hooves, the other dungeon beasts looking at him.

The weeping woman didn't notice Manaka at first. The fact that no words would come from her lips meant she couldn't hear the girl over her own wailing. A few moments would pass until one of her ghastly hands would swipe by accidentally brushing the young girl. In an instant, the ghost's head snapped up, a horrified expression. Her eyes were wide, tears streaking down, tears burning her ghastly green skin. "DO YOU THINK YOU KNOW PAIN! I'm sorry girl, I'm not in control as I once was. I had undying loyalty, I had nothing but love for my best friend. I served Murmurr as her closest advisor and her best friend. I saw how love made her suffer, how my love made me suffer. I am Siobhan, my people had to deform themselves and use powers they did not wish to stay safe in war. I, in the end, did it for love, for loyalty. Will you do the same?"

Lastly, there was the warrior. Higan had approached the suit of armor. He had tapped his horns while waiting, keeping his axe at hand. A snarled expression would contrast the first words that the beast had held. Excitement roared from his tone "If you wish to fight then my challenge is the one for you. I was the runt amongst my family, amongst my people. We were a kind that lived to fight, to find purpose with our bodies and minds. With Murmurr she taught me to use that passion, to find my own fury. I used it to protect, to lose myself in the carnage, and in that final battle, I was beautiful. Join me if you wish to be a thing of bloody splendor. I am Thorson, Murmurr's most loyal warrior!"

With their lives somewhat revealed the only one left unexplained was that of the shade. He watched, looking at all of them, eyes examining them all. There was still time, for in order for them to move on they had to touch the beast they wished to join. They had free will, so it was still up to them for the journey to take.

48 Hours Until my next post, Touch the dungeon beast you wish to share life with, you may continue talking as well there is no rush.

6Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 09/06/23, 08:30 am

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Shishi
Shishi admired the creatures form as it spoke. But more than the purpose, it had seemed as if this trial was meant for him. Could it have been a coincidence or was this a fragment of the djinns power?

Despite Shishis attempt to possibly sabotage a competitor, he knew that this challenge was meant for him. He would do what lay in his heart. Relating to being treated as a tool in his early years and being raised as a weapon but seeing a different future.

To be a weapon and still be able to build a home, as he had wished make for those he had brought with him. And how to accomplish it resonated with him

With that, with his head down in respect would walk forth, placing his right hand on Calibur's chest.

The trauma of his life had kept 89 hyper Vigilant. He would pay attention to every action for the Sidhe, and then repeating keywords in his mind. Realizing that Erin had some affinity to magical items, as well as magic overall. 'Problems big and small, hubris.' This seemed ideal to him as he had the most experience with magic...and was robbed of all of his hubris.

89 would before before Erin then reach out to touch their glove.

Apicious

Apicious bit his tongue, he knew he was being attacked by the scalding words of this king. 'Of course, I know what it is to lead beasts, I've lead my maids and servants and the people my whole life!' But he managed to bite his tongue, not the tastiest of morsels and kept his thoughts to himself. But it did remind him of his days as a proud noble that was still begotten to even more treasured royalty.

Maintaining a bow in the kings presence, Apicious saw Shishis and 89 actions, side eyeing the respect that all the other dungeon beasts would convey. However, Apicious was eager to take this challenge. His ego most certainly wouldn't be the death of him and he would pick up the hoof with multiple hands and kiss it.

Manaka

Manaka could hear the pain in the ghosts heart. Even when swiped at and knocked to her ass, she remained understanding. Living among slaves, she knew what pain was like just as she had seen in 89. She would cure them, even at the cost of herself. Alleviate the pain and trauma of all those around her.

"It looks like to me that you still have an undying loyalty."

She wanted to physically console the ghost but felt that there was more to say. Offering her gentle smile. "I think love and loyalty are the same thing, and I would sacrifice my life for it and I think it's beautiful that you did too. I want to be like you."
Manaka being the only one to not immediately accept her challenge.

7Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 10/06/23, 01:03 pm

Higanbana

Higanbana
C-Tier
C-Tier

Higanbana tilted her head as she listened to the warrior's response to her greeting. Her smile was still attached, showing a rare interest in every word the warrior spouted. Somehow she could relate to Thorson's history, she too, could be considered as a runt of her family, but possibly worst than that. But there was one thing that piqued Higan's interest the most about what Thorson said to her...

"I want to lose myself in the carnage as well!" The catgirl licked her lips and her smile turned into something more sinister. Thorson could see for a second in her eyes, about how twisted Higanbana could be. "Well, Mr. Loyal Warrior, I am Higanbana! The chaotic one in the group!" She reached out her hand, touching the warrior with determination.

8Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 11/06/23, 03:06 am

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

Mya was not feeling like herself. Maybe there was something in the air. Or maybe she did not like being around strangers. As a small gust of wind blew by her. She would step to the side as she was nearly touched by this strange person.
She was no fool as she learned to read people or at least the situation at hand.
She would look on as she started to realize a few things and this was not good.
Although she was not in danger yet she still could be at any given moment. Looking at the stranger touching the rock monster she was aiming for. It struck a thought in her head. As he laid his head down.
She would view the rest of the people starting to pick their chosen battles to fight.
Mya would soon look over towards the shadow man. She would be quick and then race to him.

Not entirely sure what was to happen next. Not even sure was she to ask him a question before she proceeded. But what was understood did not need to be explained.
Mya would then say to the Ranger. If you'll have me then I guess it is you and I from here on out."
Soon she would raise her hand toward him and touch his arm. As a sign, she was ready to start.

Notes
Mya has picked the ranger

9Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 13/06/23, 02:32 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As the undead plunged his hand into the fire he would feel the flame overcome him. The heat of the living weapons energy course through him. It burned, singeing him as his chains would wrap around the man now known as Shishi. He was going to live a new life, one alongside his new friend, compatriot. The pain would only last for a moment. Then he would feel heat around him, a simple question prodding into his head. What kind of weapon you? The world was asking him to take form, if he was to be a living weapon then he needed to live as it. So, how would he now appear? Heat, metal and combat seemed to call him into his new life as newborn.

The same would become of Aspicious, as he kissed the hooves of the beast he sneered. He seemed to disdain this creature. Snakes would come forth from his hooves, wrapping around him. Biting his body, tearing him apart piece by piece until there was nothing left. Then again, in his same mind, it would beckon. The world wished to know, what sort of ferocious beast are you? He would take shape as a king of beasts, just a babe, awakening in a dark world.

89 would feel Erin's gloves clasp his hands, it began to glow, the magic coursing through his body. He felt the force of the universe, the weight of life press through him until he pop. His body collapsed inward, then outward from the intense force. He would feel his body reform, wings come from his back but the rukh touched him, it beckoned of him. What magic would you wield?

Manaka, the one of his group that chose to talk, would calm down the specter just a bit. She felt some semblance of peace but it could not last for ever. That was not the sake of the world, so she would continue to talk the girl. "I do not know if you deserve the pain my people have felt, you are far to kind. Maybe it is kindness that pushes people to do such harmful things. I hear the words you say, and I agree to some degree. But still, it made me error, some I would do again, others I would change for the sake of my people, of my love ones. There is always one action in a life that can be taken differently for the greater good." As the words came out her tears wept, turning red in her woe.

Without a word, with an axe in each hand, Thorson was quicker than the wind, maybe even lightning. He would drive the axe through Higan's back. So hard as to completely cleave her in half, through her into himself. Shattering both their bodies the world went black. Still, she had a new life to assume, to join her new brother in arms. So, she too was a question, in the back of her mind as the cold seemed to seep in. "What kind of warrior are you? What is your armor, what is your weapon?"

Mya, did not get the chance to speak to the shade. He wished to share his tale, but she had a resolved he liked. It could've been ignorance, or drive. From plunging her hand into him, she would feel shadow, she would feel death drain her body till it was nothing but a shell. It was a cold, stunning death that she was given. In it she was the last in this round to be asked, to be questioned on her form. How do you hunt?

48 hours until my next post, please find a picture of your new form as a dungeon beast. You may look at the traits and also make decisions about how it may affect you. I will grade these personally for the sake of the dungeon, shall be reviewed upon completion.

10Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 15/06/23, 12:09 pm

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Shishi

Murmurr: Lives of the Court 284a1f0fde0abb834f0b5565ceb28e80

The former slave would be released from his mortal coil to take on a new form. Feeling as if he were encased in an iron maiden... no! He had become the Iron Maiden. His proprioception had doubled in size to match the increasing amount of space his form had taken. Shishi felt this was the appropriate time to test his emergency ability. In this new shape, it felt as if the pit of his chest would unshackle, revealing his core. As his metallic chassis would open up, he could feel the rest of his body seize up. Such restrictions felt as if he were being punished by the dungeon. However a smaller form would step out of the cockpit and make its debut.

Apicious

Murmurr: Lives of the Court 43d1b077fd72bd5b5bdbfcd3c563bbff
The humbled Apicious would scream as his flesh was torn bit by bit via the serpents fangs, feeling remorse and betrayal all at once.

The future king of beasts would seemingly wake into darkness, tucked into a fetal position within a sort of chrysalis. Finally kicking like a new born babe, his feet, breaking through a stiff, yet fine silk that housed him as he was born. Two fragile wings, still not hardened enough to fly, seemed to nest him for a few more moments as they began to expand. Finally springing into action, the newborn Apicious would fly from his cocoon with full force as a sort of Monarch Butterfly.

Eighty-Nine

Murmurr: Lives of the Court B980ec28248afaafc53a1c3ea6c8387a

89 would double over in surprise, he wasn't even sure if it was pain or a sudden surge in power that seemed to overwhelm his body and senses. He had been used to controlling rukh with the focus of his staff but now he was infused with an essence that wasn't his own. As he rebounded with energy, his expression and almost his facial features seemed to change, perhaps a smirk? The power around him seemed to provide a visible aura.

Manaka

Manaka would take the ghosts words to heart, waiting to listen to her and hanging on every word as she leaned in, her own face a coupe of inches away from the ghosts. Perhaps she was still being naïve, she had been that way for so long. Steeling her mind to make sure she would be able to do whatever it took to take care of not only her family but the people Siobhan's people. Not quite sure at the end, she would reach to the ghosts forearm to console her.

Homunculus

Murmurr: Lives of the Court B5e308a53819a20ffeb529e1df12c684

From the chest of metal form, comes a patchwork of leather, stitched together by metal wires... one could hear the rustling of metal coils rubbing against each other as the orb of flesh would roll out of Shishi's cockpit. From there, the pieces of leather would extend outward revealing a gordian knot of cables twisted together, mostly unknotting as the leather would wrap around, giving it form. The fine wires still stitching the human skin together, taking the shape of a human.

11Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 15/06/23, 01:15 pm

Higanbana

Higanbana
C-Tier
C-Tier

Koinu growled as Thorson swung his axe, but he didn't give his warning fast enough... resulting in Higanbana being cut into half. It was funny though, as she still could feel the pain of being split into two even though it all happened so fast. She felt all the emotion she was hiding inside her mind start to surge, but her consciousness started to fade. Was this the end for her? So there was nothing she could do? What about those Fuyuhana jerks...? What about those crazy Morihanas? What about Kina? What about... herself...? Her hopes and dreams? Her... revenge...?

Upon hearing the question directed to her, she laughed to her heart's content. She felt rage fill up her body even though life continued to be drained, but it felt like ecstasy.

"I'm the kind that will punish everyone! The kind who will slay others with a wide smile on my face! I'm the warrior who will lose herself to the carnage!"

Murmurr: Lives of the Court Yuri-choe-dfdff2

In her mind, her body was cladded in a tight armor, painted with bloody red. The theme of everything she wore alongside her armor showed a fun, jokester theme, but in her hand, a mace, although looked fun and messy, could be so deadly when she used it to bash someone's head.

"LeT'S HaVE fuN TogEtHeR, BRoTher In ArMS~! kYaHaHAHahA!"

12Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 15/06/23, 03:46 pm

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

The darkness was to be feared the darkness was to be a friend the darkness was never to be an enemy.  
Only the foolish would fear it no not the foolish the DAMNED. Mya was taught at a young age to always stay in the shadows.
It was the best way to do her line of work. As she could not feel a thing. It was as if the light around her was being taken away.
Yet she could still see as clear as day. Not just in front of her but in the back as well as all around her. What was going on? Not so much as being in fear. But the curiosity was getting the best of her. But out of all that was going on as her new form shaped she would start to remember a tune. She didn't know from where and from who. She just remembered the rhythm of it all.

As she started to sing it slowly but surely. "A hunting we will go a hunting we will go pop goes to fox toe a hunting we will go." She would start to laugh a bit just as kids would do when having fun in the sun and then she would answer the Shade question.
"How do I hunt you say.....FROM THE SHADOW OF MY PREY
MY PREY BLIND SPOT."

Murmurr: Lives of the Court Gun-an10

13Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 16/06/23, 12:18 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

With most of the group having chosen their forms, they would have one last moment to interact with each other. The dungeon beasts they had touched were gone, portals into the new lives they were to take. They would be reborn close to them, living alongside Murmurr's closest allies in order to feel the struggle they faced. How they would lead the people before them, they knew their duty, but not the lives they had to go into. If they wished to keep this new form, all they had to do was live it and learn from it.

Of the last of them the final straggler had decided to take on the challenge of the weeping woman. The moment Manaka had placed her hand against the ghostly women she would feel her body almost dissipate. She was like a fog, and before she could loose feel, the pain of sharp nails and grabbing hands would rip away her weak form. She was torn to nothingness, then forced back together, pulled and manipulated over and over until her body could no longer handle the pain, the stress that it was exerting. Then came the question, the final one. What shape is your soul?

With the final challenge taken, they would be moved on once their affairs were settled. They could not stay for long, for the more they waited if they did not decide the portal would pull, and pull until they were sucked inside.

Blackness only lasted but a moment, then came crying, a hundred voices overlapping in a sea of emotions. It was not terror, it was not joy, it was the confused murmurings of children only a few years of age. It was a room packed full, then came the black, the darkness until they would see their compatriots. Their fellow challenges in the forms of beasts, but as mere children. Despite differences in sizes, they could be no more than toddlers. They were on a navy blue carpet in a great brick room, there was a woman with three eyes, she looked like Murmurr but with black hair and a sharper nose.  Her clothes were different too.

"Your families will be here soon, remember children we can't have any more outbursts, as future servants of this fine household you will not just represent your name, but you will be uplifted by ours as long as you fulfill your job well. Now begin to clean up the daycare of your snacks and learning tools." the older woman would say. This was nothing like the glory they were promised, but it was the start as long as this group had patience.

You have 48 hours to reply, your "families" will be here in two posts

14Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 16/06/23, 05:18 pm

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Apicious

The memories of his metamorphosis fresh in his mind, he stood around. Apicious was aware of those around him, but  he would keep his space from everyone else to practice his noble gestures. Apicious would start to take several poses almost as if he was ballet dancing, holding poses even in mid-air. He seemed explore the refinement and grace of his new form... but all his focus seemed to shift  to his gluttony.

"He... hehHEH. HEHEHE!" 89 would spiral into the air measuring half a foot from sole to crown. His wings would flutter as he seemed to glow, both from bioluminescence as well as his smile. He would step on the older woman's shoulder and gave her an innocently mischievous kiss on her cheek. Then flying above the others, whom he had seen glimpses of their transformations and was able to figure out the rest.

Homunculus

The never before seen homunculus was a small ball of wires.  Form seemed to come out of Shishi's body and that was all the information the others had of it. Its eyes were so alien, without a pupil or iris, just a sort of glowing sclera. It's mouth moved but the only sounds was the twang of deformed metal would come out.

Shishi

The model of olive green model stayed statue-esque in the center of the area. Shishi's consciousness seemed to fade in and out as he was unable to speak, unable to move, unable to think. The helmet had a single pink orb floating at the center beneath the visor would fade to black.

Manaka
Murmurr: Lives of the Court Cx9a7MfXAAUxaJj

Manaka seemed to handle her transformation with the least change. She would quickly check on everyone. She could see Shishi's lifeless body, even without the ability to sense or see rukh, she could tell that Shishi was gone and therefore they would be entrusted with completing the dungeon to the best of their ability.

"Wow, you guys are so different! The change looks great on all of you!" She would look at 89 flying overhead, dabbing at him which was met with a hand-covered chuckle.  Then she would booty bump Apicious and mirror one of his simpler ballet poses, Apicious was both amused and angry. Then she would go ahead and pet the tangle of wires to no reaction.

Then Manaka would hop over to Higanbana's body, and touching the armor around the thighs. "TALK ABOUT A GLOW UP." She would lean to one side, inspecting her from one angle, pivoting to the the other side and gave her a thumbs up and a wink with her tongue out.

And finally she would go to the final person who was taking the test beside them. "Wow, you got a pair of lungs to match that pretty face. I can sing too!"

Manaka wrote:Fighting Evil By Moonlight,
Winning Love By Daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
He is the one named Spider Eight!

Ending the song as she traversed into the hollow shell left by Shishi, then peaking her face all the way through. Manaka was confident in her ability and desire to protect and help everyone.

15Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 17/06/23, 03:11 pm

Higanbana

Higanbana
C-Tier
C-Tier

Higanbana blinked once, then twice the moment she 'awakened', trying to grasp what happened to her before. The noises coming from her surrounding snapped her from her thought, but when she stood up, she could feel everything was much higher... Not only that, there were a lot of fun-sized people here... Oh wait, she too was small!

The white-haired girl would look around, trying to spot if anyone from Shishi's group turned into a small kid as well. Based on the personality alone, Higan felt like she spotted Apicious... 89... and Manaka as well. It seemed everyone had a new appearance... There was another girl who she didn't recognize, but Higan had a faint idea of who she was. The other would be the... a small ball or wire? Which was a little bit weird and... Shishi? Where was he?

Before Higan could examine the olive statue in the middle, Manaka would approach her, seemingly awed by her transformation. "You too, Manaka. You are slaying!"

When Manaka left to greet the other girl, Higanbana would be focusing to the older woman who told everyone to clean up. She wondered if this was some sort of trials... not because she didn't want to do it. Well, that too... But mostly because Higanbana remembered about what they promised to... That they would live as the creature they chose.

With a sigh, Higanbana decided to play along the scenario. The white-haired girl would wrap her arms around Manaka's neck, waiting for her to finish singing her favorite song about Shishi. "Let's do some clean up together, Manaka!"

16Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 18/06/23, 06:30 am

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was a very funny moment for her. It was and enough she was already small. But she became even smaller.
Mya looked around and as she passed by everyone. She would see that they all had been baby zapped. Her eyes were as big as they could get. But for some reason, she was not caught by surprise by this.
She was foretold that it might go something like this a bit out of character. But for some odd reason, a smile would come upon her face.
As she started to view herself. She would see her small hands and tiny toddler body. As she heard the lady say family and clean up. Mya would nearly break out into laughter.
As she has never been to school before. Maybe this life was not so bad after all.
But still, she could not help but see the other kiddos playing along and one even singing.

"Every class has one to two types of kids and I guess I will play the brat. I would love to see how these parents of mines would react to me getting a bad report for the day." As she said that out loud she would walk over to the glue and paint cans. With a devilish smile on her face, she would kick it over.

It was so loud it overlapped the singing she was hearing. But still could remember everything from her real world or was she just going crazy? After all, what is the secret to life?

17Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 19/06/23, 12:20 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It took awhile for the group to adjust to their new surroundings, their young bodies. They were new bodies as well. Most of the group had arrived around the same time, but others seemed to move in within no time. Manaka, who within a blink would notice the other children around her, cleaning or wishing to play around. A young girl made of shadow seemed to wish for trouble, tripping as she tried to kick over some of their art supplies. It was a shame as paint and plaster would cover the young girl. Her body wasn't exactly solid but, her clothes would be a mess for sure.

The last to join them truly was a newborn. Back in the city, in the necropolis Shishi and his "child" would stand before them. He was nothing but cable, stands of winded metal that seemed to barely be driven by thought. It was the one worthy of this challenge, of a chance at life. As Shishi faded he would see his new body, with a blink it all seemed to fade. He was gone, his child now left without its master. Without any direction, the weapon would grab, and burn it until he would be reborn. Then came the light, the song, and the giggling of children playing around. The room was well-lit, with soft carpets to keep them protected, and makeshift metal gates so they didn't adventure very far. No one there could've been older than 5 years of age even though they all looked quite different.

A voice seemed to ring inside them, Murmurr giving them one last bit of advice. "You will find yourselves close, part of the lives you will face is what it means to share a common struggle. While each of you shall find your own path, you will know the shared struggle. What it means to work with circumstances we can't control, allies we do not want."

Now that everyone was here, the journey could start. First, they had to finish their chores, if Mya wasn't going to clean herself up someone would. For trouble, makers here got something a bit harsher than a time-out. They had higher expectations, they had roles to serve. They were here to learn, to understand their duty to their mistress. For now, they had control, they had a say in how to act. There was still a bit before the authority would return. They would hear the clacking of heels as the fire in the pit by them crackled.

48 hours until my next post, one more post until the figures appear.

18Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 21/06/23, 09:48 am

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

M A N A K A

The ghastly girl would fist pump at Higanbana's compliment, but not because of her words, but the change in her own demeanor. She noticed that everyone else was partially distracted except for Higan, or worse yet, causing trouble.

Manaka was already holding herself to a higher standard and was appreciative of the reminder. Throwing a thumbs up towards Higan, who was the armor of a jester. She would then realize she had been reuniting and appreciating everyone getting them stable, but now it was time to get to work.

She would confront the mischievous one, throwing as ghostly punch through the troublemakers face that would only serve to intimidate her. "Do. Better." Turning her back to the person she reprimanded and began cleaning up the mess herself first.

"Don't just stand there and play guys. Lets do our best!"

Manaka wrote:Clean up
Everybody clean up, clean up
Everybody clean up, clean up
Everybody clean up
Time to clean up

She began going around and picking up all the toys from each region and dropping them off to a child in the section to put them away. She dropped off all the physical toys by the shelf besides Apicious. Apicious would dance to the words like a ballet dancer, gracefully sweeping his body to the ground to pick up a toy, pirouetting towards the shelf then on a single toe, one leg behind him, body forwards and leaving the toy on the shelf at full extension.

Manaka wrote:Pick up
Everybody pick up, pick up
Everybody pick up, pick up
Everybody pick up
Time to pick up

Manaka would go to grab the books from each of the table in a pile. With a stack of book the size of her torso, she'd drop them off beside 89. The new Sidhe would pick up a single book in tune to Manaka's singing and put each book in alphabetical order by title.

Manaka wrote:Pick up the toys, put them away
Pick up the box, put them away
Pick up the books, put them away
Put your things away

With that, she would teasingly place the homunculus inside a toy chest, and start putting the toys in beside him, in part so he could understand what they were doing and in part so he could play with the toy chest while keeping everything cleaned. The homunculus didn't seem to mind and would start receiving the toys to place them inside the chest.

At this point everyone had contributed and Manaka would give Higanbana a great, ol' hug, and jumping as she did it. Then returning to their caretaker, standing and looking up at her looking for some approval with the widest eyes and a smile to match.

19Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 21/06/23, 09:57 am

Higanbana

Higanbana
C-Tier
C-Tier

Higanbana stared at the naughty little bitch, wondering why she kicked the paint and add more work for the others. Even after Manaka intimidated the girl, Higanbana wasn't quite satisfied enough. She would approach Mya and whoop her butt one time, "Don't be naughty. If you want to keep being useless, just stand at the corner." For some reason Mya reminded Higan of her little brother and that ass-whooping was totally not personal... yeah, totally.

She would follow Manaka's lead and continue to clean the area so it would be presentable. Although she didn't look like it, actually Higanbana didn't really like dirty places and would rather clean up. After they were done with the cleaning, the girl would stand behind Manaka. The white-haired girl would put a hand on Manaka's head and give her a head pat. "Good job."

20Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 21/06/23, 10:29 pm

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

Not only was she covered in paint she was being made the laughingstock of the group.
Mya would not even have a frown on her face.
As she was going to go back to cleaning up. That was a big no. Not only did the one girl get up in Mya's face. She indeed sent a first at her or something. Either way, it went the shadow little girl was not having it. Not to mention she started to sign again.
As she was singing the voice of the girl would ring in her head. Oh, it was like listening to a song you truly did not like.
Soon before she knew it another girl decided to give her a spanking.
Make an enemy out of Mya if they want to. Oh, it was on now as everyone kept saying to do better. As everyone ditched out punishment as if they were her father.

Oh, Mya would be fed up. As it looked as if she was cleaning up.
But instead, she had her own idea in mind. Taking the rubber bands down as would grab a few. Next, she would cut some paper up. Gluing them to the edge of the stick.
Mya would then take the rubber and give a smile.
As she soon placed it on top of it. Mya indeed formed her very own slingshot and boy was she about to have fun.

Soon she would go and grab the small beans that were left and put quite a few in her pocket. Then as the group got done cleaning her cleaning was actually her creating her slingshot.
Then Mya would yeah out "I'm all done cleaning up and doing better." As she then went to the other corner away from the other two girls.
Mya would have a wicked grin on her face. As she waited until no one was looking she would aim at the picture on the wall that Higanbana created and fired shots at it.
Quickly put the slingshot away. Mya would wait until it was time for Manaka to get hers.

As Myanwould start to sing her favorite song but for some reason she didn't know why she liked it so much.
"A hunting we will go a hunting we will go. Catch a fox by the toe a hunting we will go."

21Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 23/06/23, 12:45 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As the children would clean up their mess others still seemed on causing trouble. While Mya was not the most adept hunter she was smart to take a stick and leather band to make a slingshot, something which was far to troublesome for her to have. She was keen on attacking her fellow classmate, so the rock would fly towards Manaka who would have her chance to react as a young sidhe from seemingly nowhere spoke up.  He had green hair and six translucent wings which seemed like that of a bird. "Hey where did you get that weapon? Stop messing around!" His cry was enough to alter the now ghastly gal.

The boy felt familiar but non of them knew who. Where had they met him before? Was this just their memories playing tricks on them once again? The confusion of their new lives would leave that in a fog, there was one thing for certain, the size of their class would feel off to the group. To their memory there were six other kids, only just a few years older than them. A Herne, a beast king, a Geist, Sidhe, Einherjar, and a Living weapon. It was unclear were they had gone, but the sound of steps now filled the room so much it sounded like the approaching figure had arrived at the entrance of the room. It was not the matron, the woman who helped care after them, this time it was a man. he to had a third eye. His face was gaunt, serious but warm. He looked over them all, waiting to see how long it would take for their attention to turn before saying anything.

His wife, the lady of the castle had fetched him, and more importantly, the shadow that clung to his legs. None of them would be able to see it clearly, but a small figure pulled back on the robes of his body. Wrapped around their frame like a curtain or a blanket for protection. It was hard to hide as their shape was clear, along with the nervous movements they seemed to make. The fire crackled on, the lord of the manor smiling. This was an interesting group of children from the looks of it.

48 hours till my next post, figure has arrived but has not been addressed yet.

22Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 24/06/23, 10:53 am

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Manaka was quick to realize the girls plans for retaliation, since her behavior of a trouble maker. However, she wasn't too busy to accept Higans affection, her smile seemed to shine through as if she were still the same human she always was. And then as Mya attacked the ghost, Manaka would simply detach her head for a moment, making it incorporeal and letting the projectile fly through. The girl would continue about her work, not rewarding the childishness with any attention, only to be surprised by the voice.

The group of dungeon beasts would look towards the Sidhe that wasn't 89. Their memories seemed to mix between their two lives, as they noticed the rest of the beasts, but unsure if they were allies or rivals. But fortunately, Shishi's group knew they could rely on each other, and as challengers, they would all look to Mya to see how she felt about the older children.

The homunculus would crawl out of the toy chest, and be the first to notice the adult with the third eye. Others would turn their attention to the small figure, offering some peaceful gestures, such as smiles and thumbs up.

23Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 24/06/23, 11:11 am

Higanbana

Higanbana
C-Tier
C-Tier

After Higanbana observed the whole situation, the white-haired girl could conclude that the Mya gal wasn't a fun person. For some reason instead of wanting to be cool and rebellious, that girl felt like an attention seeker. Had their behavior regressed to be like a child's? Or maybe she just put up a childish act. Well, for whatever reason, Higanbana didn't give a fuck and only shrugged the trivial gesture before she went back to her own business, which was bugging Manaka.

But before she could be an annoying bug, like Apicious, no offense a boy yelled at Mya, scolding her. Although the boy and the rest of the older kids looked familiar to Higanbana, she decided to focus more on the new figure. Her eyes would follow the man as he entered the room and she would take a few steps, approaching the man.

With an innocent, cheeky smile, Higanbana would reach out her hand towards the man, "Hello! What brings you here? Do you have any candies for us?"

24Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 25/06/23, 10:35 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The tall, three eyed man would approach further as the kids seemed to mess around amongst themselves. The one troublemaker seemed like she would stop messing around, but still the lord would walk over to her slowly, picking up the Herne by her cloak, holding the girl tight so she could not slip out of his grasp. ""Sorry my dear, I do not come bringing treats, though some may be in store if you can behave, don't let this apple spoil your bunch." he would say, walking back to the center of the room. The shadow under his robes seemed to follow perfectly, keeping itself hidden from the other children

"Today is the first day of the rest of your lives, of your duties. As many of you may be aware, your older siblings have already begun this duty. It is now your time to start proper instruction of serving the court. As attendants of the house, you will be expected to be weapons, maids, companions, spies, and loyal members of our dear city. More importantly, your duty is to serve and bring aid to my daughter, Murmurr."

With those last words, the shadow in his cloak would peak out. She hid between her father's legs, shy and not much older than them. She could've been no older than the age of eight, still, she was small and her eyes darted around in anxiety. The young girl didn't have many friends, but it was hard when everyone you knew worked for you, or was out for you. She was her father's heir, a fair man to order of birth. It helped that she was his only child, and likely the only he would ever want. Still, it was clear he cared for the child as a hand rested on her head to bring a sense of comfort. It was time for introductions.

48 hours to reply, if you do not post you may find your story moved along in ways less than favorable.

25Murmurr: Lives of the Court Empty Re: Murmurr: Lives of the Court 27/06/23, 12:48 am

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Mana

Manaka would stand in front of the rest, and put a fist to her chest as a sort of salute. She knew she bore a large responsibility, but where this sort of responsibility seemed to feel ephemeral, intertwined from two separate destinies.

"My name is Mana! I'm here to help out in anyway I can, no matter the cost!" Her voice and tone seemed naïve to the words she spoke, but the pools of her eyes were much more determined and aware of the cruelty of the world and the sacrifice it would take to correct it.

"And you can call this little guys Negasonic Grade School War Head the Second." The flash of seriousness faded as she tried to put the fragment of her master into the spotlight.

Homunculus

The coiled mess seemed to agonize, as the coil would resonate in cacophonous discordance to everyone's pain. A straight dismissal of the name to anyone who could empathize.

The homunculus  would form itself once more, taking a more anthromorphic shape, exclusively of wrapped cable, like a metal human slinky.  It would bow it's head, and it's voice, still just a hum of metal wires, but resonating like that of a guitar as it tried to speak but to no avail.

Apicious

The Monarch Butterfly dungeon beast would attempt to devour the spotlight. With a ravenous entrance, he would slide in front of the humble homunculus at first with a t-pose, then dramatically extend and flash his wings, strutting like a peacock.

"Good sir, I am Apicius Caelius from Coquinaria, of a mooooost noble lineage." Then performing a perfect bow, his body forming accurate angles, extremities exact and his posture precise. His voice was haughty, but there was a certain chime to his regal demeanor that might be off putting to most.

Controlling the wind currents, the former slave would brush the lightweight Apicious away. "And I'm the hero!" He hadn't thought to give his name but he would curiously look at the figure besides the man. "And I'll always be there to rescue anyone, even you! That's why you can call me..." He looked confused for a second, there was a name he could remember, but it felt so foreign, so far removed from what a hero was. How could he even bare to call himself that? I guess the first person he would have to save was himself. "Hiiro!" Giving himself a pat-on-the-back smirk, eyes closed.  Then he would use those same wind currents to usher in the suit of jester armor, settling the other into place, forming a semi-circle on each side of Higan, with the man opposite her.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum