You are not connected. Please login or register

Yakuroro's Abilities Revamped 2

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yakuroro's Abilities Revamped 2 Empty Yakuroro's Abilities Revamped 2 10/09/17, 10:36 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Total Abilities Being Replaced: 35
Magician Total - 31
9 D-tier (5 Down)
10 C-tier
10 B-tier
2 A-tier

Warrior Total - 4
1 D-tier
1 C-tier
2 B-tier

Total Submitted to be Revamped: 9 D-tier, 2 A-tier

Slick
Tier: D
Class: Magician
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: Ineffective on rough bumpy terrain and only works best on flat ground/surfaces as lots of small slopes and hills will help them regain control of their movements.
Scaling: AoE
Sustain: -
Cool Down: 1
Cost: 10|5
Description:

An Ice magic spell where the caster swipes their staff/wand in the direction they wish to cast the spell in. A thin layer of ice then appears along the target surface spreading out to form a 3m wide 5m long sheet. The sheet of ice is very slippery and is difficult to walk on without falling if you lack some sort of assistance. However, if you hit the ice running it is possible to slide across it. After 1 post, the ice will begin to crack and melt making it no longer effective. Scaling increases to length of the sheet but the width stays at 3m wide unless two sheets are placed side by side.

Pulse
Type: Defensive
Range: Short
Requirements/Drawbacks: Attacks or enemies who make it inside the range of the spell before it is cast are unable to be blocked. In fact, the caster becomes trapped in with them.
Scaling: Damage
Description:

A Strength magic spell where the user taps their staff to the ground(or air if flying) or swipes their wand downward towards their feet. A Rectangular wall of strength magic 2.5m in width and 3m tall with a thickness of 0.2m then forms within 1m of the user. The wall is capable of defending against D-tier damage or higher if scaled.

Pull
Class:Magician
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: Requires the caster physically touch the target with their staff/wand
Scaling: Strength
Description:

A Gravity Magic spell used to hinder an opponent. Upon casting the spell the user's staff/wand is covered in a black light seen only as a vague distortion to non-magicians. If the user is able to strike and opponent during this time, a gravitational pull will begin to affect their body at the point of contact in the direction they were hit from. So if the user used an overhead strike and hit a target on the head, that target would begin to feel D-tier force pull their head upwards. This effect lasts for only a single post, but is ever present during that one post. Scaling increases the tier of force applied and requires the target use natural strength or an ability to resist the force.

Mend
Range: Short
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must be able to see the target and maintain an unbroken line of sight between their staff/wand and the target for the duration of the spell.
Scaling: Damage
Description:

A Life magic spell where the users points their wand/staff at an injured target, or at themselves. Purple light then washes from the staff over the wounded target encouraging healing and repair. This spell will heal D-tier damage or more if scaled.

Resonance Wave
Tier: A
Type: Offensive
Range: Long
Requirements/Drawbacks: The magician must swipe their wand/staff towards their target.
Scaling: Amount
Cool Down: 4
Cost: 40|20
Description:

A Cymatic magic spell in which the user concentrates a highly condensed ball of Cymatic magic at the tip of their wand/staff. The ball is merely 0.1m in diameter and is lauched through the air at high speeds in a straight line. Upon reaching a body of liquid or an organism is at least 50% liquid, the resonance wave will enter the liquid and begin to send cataclysmic vibrations resonating throughout the target. Anyone and Anything touching the body of water for up to 10m from the contact point will suffer A-tier abrasions wherever the liquid comes into contact with their body.

Tier: A
Type: Offensive
Range: Long
Requirements/Drawbacks: The Avatar is too perfect and will fool friends as well as foes. An Avatar can only be created of someone the user as met, and only features they know of can be copied. If the target's voice is unknown, or they have rough skin that only looks smooth, the caster will be unable to copy these features accurately if they have experienced it themselves.
Scaling: Amount
Cool Down: 4
Cost: 40|20
Description:

A Perfect Illusion magic in which the user creates a perfect illusion copy of a target. This illusion looks, sounds, and even feels like the original but is under the complete control of the caster. The illusion can also have realistic or unrealistic alterations as made by the caster such as appearing to have been mortally wounded, or having the head of a bear. The avatar can be moved freely within 30m of the caster and is able do deal A-tier damage. Likewise, A-tier damage will destroy this construct and B-tier damage will cut it's power in half(Halved again if it takes C-tier damage and so on.) The construct is immune to impairment status effects as they are controlled by the caster, but if the caster becomes afflicted then their control over the constructs will become erratic or dull depending on the circumstances making them much easier to discover as fakes or destroy in combat.

Last edited by Duquin on 16/09/17, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Slick - An ability like this should have a duration, no? I let you have Growth without a duration because you had to keep magoi going into it. If you disagree on the duration though, just say something. :D

Pulse - Just curious, but is this ability capable of fending off *any* form of attack? Or are there some things that can get through it. (Other than higher-tier abilities, of course.)

Avatar - This should have a damage threshold if I’m not mistaken. :o Like, how much damage can this take before getting destroyed. Also, does an ability like this need a duration? I would think it does, but I haven’t actually graded an ability like this before. I know the ability you put on my wand (which is similar in concept) doesn’t have a duration, but I only assumed that was because it was a magic tool.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Slick - I think there was a misunderstanding with Growth as I didn't put a duration because the plants I grow are just plants. The wont just dissolve once the magoi flow stops. Same goes for the ice of my "Slick" spell. It's ice so it isn't going to instantly vanish once I stopped feeding magoi in. But ice does melt and my wording specifies that I'm making a very thin layer so I'll add a 1 post duration as that would probably be most fair.

I've also added some more flavor text to improve the spell's usefulness.

Pulse: It's just a flat wall of strength magic. So it wouldn't be able to defend against an AoE attack big enough to engulf it. But otherwise, it's effectively a wall between me and the enemy. Danku from bleach is a similar move in concept but on a far greater scale.

Avatar: I put the damage threshold in. The reason I don't mention a duration is because it doesn't have any staying power. It lasts for the post I use it in, but come my next post, if I don't sustain it, it vanishes. I also added more flavor text.

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Alright, I can't find any other major issues with these! Approved!

Side Note : If any other staff member comes across this and finds something, please make sure you let me know. These abilities are filled with flavor text, so it's easy for one person to miss something.~

Code:
[center][b]Slick[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Class:[/b] Magician
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Ineffective on rough bumpy terrain and only works best on flat ground/surfaces as lots of small slopes and hills will help them regain control of their movements.
[b]Scaling:[/b] AoE
[b]Sustain:[/b] -
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1
[b]Cost:[/b] 10|5
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
An Ice magic spell where the caster swipes their staff/wand in the direction they wish to cast the spell in. A thin layer of ice then appears along the target surface spreading out to form a 3m wide 5m long sheet. The sheet of ice is very slippery and is difficult to walk on without falling if you lack some sort of assistance. However, if you hit the ice running it is possible to slide across it. After 1 post, the ice will begin to crack and melt making it no longer effective. Scaling increases to length of the sheet but the width stays at 3m wide unless two sheets are placed side by side.[/list]

[center][b]Pulse[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive
[b]Range:[/b] Short
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Attacks or enemies who make it inside the range of the spell before it is cast are unable to be blocked. In fact, the caster becomes trapped in with them.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[list]
A Strength magic spell where the user taps their staff to the ground(or air if flying) or swipes their wand downward towards their feet. A Rectangular wall of strength magic 2.5m in width and 3m tall with a thickness of 0.2m then forms within 1m of the user. The wall is capable of defending against D-tier damage or higher if scaled.[/list]

[center][b]Pull[/b][/center]
[b]Class:[/b]Magician
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Requires the caster physically touch the target with their staff/wand
[b]Scaling:[/b] Strength
[list]
A Gravity Magic spell used to hinder an opponent. Upon casting the spell the user's staff/wand is covered in a black light seen only as a vague distortion to non-magicians. If the user is able to strike and opponent during this time, a gravitational pull will begin to affect their body at the point of contact in the direction they were hit from. So if the user used an overhead strike and hit a target on the head, that target would begin to feel D-tier force pull their head upwards. This effect lasts for only a single post, but is ever present during that one post. Scaling increases the tier of force applied and requires the target use natural strength or an ability to resist the force.[/list]

[center][b]Mend[/b][/center]
[b]Range:[/b] Short
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must be able to see the target and maintain an unbroken line of sight between their staff/wand and the target for the duration of the spell.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[list]
A Life magic spell where the users points their wand/staff at an injured target, or at themselves. Purple light then washes from the staff over the wounded target encouraging healing and repair. This spell will heal D-tier damage or more if scaled.[/list]

[hr]

[center][b]Resonance Wave[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] A
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Long
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The magician must swipe their wand/staff towards their target.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Amount
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 4
[b]Cost:[/b] 40|20
[list]
A Cymatic magic spell in which the user concentrates a highly condensed ball of Cymatic magic at the tip of their wand/staff. The ball is merely 0.1m in diameter and is lauched through the air at high speeds in a straight line. Upon reaching a body of liquid or an organism is at least 50% liquid, the resonance wave will enter the liquid and begin to send cataclysmic vibrations resonating throughout the target. Anyone and Anything touching the body of water for up to 10m from the contact point will suffer A-tier abrasions wherever the liquid comes into contact with their body.[/list]

[center][b]Avatar[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] A
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Long
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The Avatar is too perfect and will fool friends as well as foes. An Avatar can only be created of someone the user as met, and only features they know of can be copied. If the target's voice is unknown, or they have rough skin that only looks smooth, the caster will be unable to copy these features accurately if they have experienced it themselves.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Amount
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 4
[b]Cost:[/b] 40|20
[list]
A Perfect Illusion magic in which the user creates a perfect illusion copy of a target. This illusion looks, sounds, and even feels like the original but is under the complete control of the caster. The illusion can also have realistic or unrealistic alterations as made by the caster such as appearing to have been mortally wounded, or having the head of a bear. The avatar can be moved freely within 30m of the caster and is able do deal A-tier damage. Likewise, A-tier damage will destroy this construct and B-tier damage will cut it's power in half(Halved again if it takes C-tier damage and so on.) The construct is immune to impairment status effects as they are controlled by the caster, but if the caster becomes afflicted then their control over the constructs will become erratic or dull depending on the circumstances making them much easier to discover as fakes or destroy in combat.[/list]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum