You are not connected. Please login or register

Sluethy McSluethburger [job/solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Pieces Three Pt III:

Ari hummed and skipped back towards the safe house, taking a complicated route that led her through the winding streets, taking extra precautions since Azix had warned her about possibly being followed. When the building came into view, she frowned for a moment. The front door was standing wide open and she clearly remembered closing the door. She silenced her steps as she moved closer, peering through a side window to see if she could spot anyone. Standing at the desk was a dark-clothed figure trying to open the desk drawer. She shook her wand into her hand, an angry look taking over her face as she stormed through the door. The stranger looked up in a startled pose and she did not hesitate to cast Electric Cage I at him, the sphere of crackling lightning expanding around him and keeping him from fleeing.

“What exactly do you think you are doing?”

The man looked around in a panic, trying to move through the cage but only succeeded in numbing his leg in the process.

“Please don’t hurt me, miss. I swear, I wasn’t gonna hurt no one!”

Ariella growled and let the cage dissipate only to lash out with her Numbing Spheres, aiming all five spheres for the other leg. The thief fell to the floor, both legs effectively numbed.

“I repeat, what are you doing here?”

The thief kept looking at the door, as though more scared of something else coming in than he was of her. He babbled as she raised her wand again, muttering out excuses and explanations.

“I’m sorry, miss. I just… they said I had to. They said if I found good info, then they would forgive my debt. If I go back with nothing, they will break my legs. And that is way scarier than being paralyzed. Please, just…Don’t hurt me? Please?”

Ariella sighed and lowered her wand, rolling her eyes for a moment. Raising a hand to rub her temple, she silenced him.

“Slow down. Who hired you? And why?”

The thief looked back at the door and with an impatient flick of her wand, Ari directed the rukh to form her Electric Whip, using it to whip across his arm, a faint electrical burn showing on his skin. He yelped and took a deep breath before trying to explain to her.

“I’m a thief. I am also a gambler. I borrowed some money from someone that happens to be in the slave trade. You and your boss have kind of made a name for yourselves in that circle. They said that I could either come up with the money or come up with some information that would be useful to them, for taking you two out. So I agreed to break in here after watching you guys for a couple of weeks, hoping to find something they would want… or money. Either way, it gets me off the hook. I figured you were out of town again, or I would have been more careful about the front door. The kids ain’t been here, so I wasn’t worried about them catching me.”

Ariella frowned at the news. She knew that they were bound to make enemies, but she had not expected retaliation quite like this. A grin spread across her face as she realized what the man had said his profession was. It seemed Fate was in a good mood. She had been worried she would never find someone to train the kids in stealth. But the problem of the traders still remained. An idea began to form and she let it solidify a bit before speaking again.

“Tell you what. You prove to me you are any good as a thief, and I may have a steady job for you. A legit job. In return, I will help take care of your ‘problem’ as a favor to show you can trust me. How does that sound?”

The thief raised an eyebrow, incredulous. He had broken into this lady’s safe house and she was offering him freedom from Johnny and a job? How could he turn it down? He frowned.

“What kind of job?”

Ari chuckled and shook her head.

“Take the offer or leave it. Once my end is complete, we will discuss your end. Deal?

The man sighed but nodded. He was in no position to be picky and her wand made him nervous.

“Deal.”

[Magoi 220/250]
[500+/500]

Abilities Used:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum