You are not connected. Please login or register

Vine: The Odyssey (Main Hall-Necropolis)

+2
Diligence
Solomon's Proxy
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir didn't expect that Hyperion would sacrifice himself even though Red didn't accept it and proceeded to make him into a projectile that would be sent towards Ghost. Meanwhile, as she got knocked up by the earth wave forcefully whether she wanted it or not, the magician felt worried about her companion although she had to make sure that Haku, Ajax, and the Kynigos were alright. However, she felt something within herself the moment she heard the voice, it was as if there was a fire inside her heart as she listened while gritting her teeth.

"YOU ARE A COWARD AS WELL!" As soon as she was not stunned anymore, Noir shouted at the top of her lungs, showing her emotion through her words. "You sacrificed yourself as the last stand to protect your friends and home, letting the dark monster pierce your body. If sacrifice means a cowardly act, then you are a coward too!"

The magician took a deep breath before maneuvering her mount, "If I'm dying from putting my life on the line to save others and that's considered as a punishment for them, then I just have to be stronger! Stronger than anyone else!"

With the helping hand skill, Noir would attempt to catch Hyperion after timing his traveling speed, hoping that he wouldn't exceed the 200m range because that was as far as the Kynigos arm could reach. If she caught him, she would use the momentum to pull herself towards the man. Then she would create a 1m wide claw from the stone golem arm by using the cement smackdown skill. She would launch it towards the ground 150m away from her to swing her up and forward before repeating the same method with cement smackdown skill to help her proceed further.

Magoi: 350/570
Stamina: 260/260

skills:

Helping Hand- Kynigos shoots out its arm up to 200m, it can then use the chains in its arm in order to pull itself towards the target. 20 magoi

Cement Smackdown- For 20 magoi Kynigos uses earth magic around its arm and can create anything of its choice that is 10m or less in diameter, it can launch its arm up to 150m and attack with it in order to do A-tier damage.

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"AAAAARRGGHHH!-"

He could feel Red's anger in his words, but even worse his throw. As he zipped through the sky, his eyes took some time to refocus through the intense speed. Then he had a slew of surprise guests, when Noir's Kynigos grappled it's way onto him.

During these moments, Hyperion gathered his wherewithal and used the healing bracelet to heal his titan. He wouldn't use the area wide stun with Noir in such proximity... It could have such negative consequences.

Now with Noir and company in tow atop of Iapetus, in combination with the Noirs mount, Eight would use Earthen Charge in an attempt to get Noir and himself past the mage they were being lobbied at.

Magoi: 465

[*] Earthen Spear- For 20 magoi the titan uses earth magic, creating a wave of torn earh which allows it to dash 300m in one direction create a wall of earth around it on both sides that is 40m tall that spreads out diagonally from his travels causing it to trip those caught in it.

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Unfortunately there's always a answer. I've learned that plenty of times through my childhood. Even now when I want to give up a answer is always present. I'm sorry for weakness. Here and now is your chance for redemption to venture out and correct any mistakes you may have made in the past."

Feeling his resolve grow even more Theos refused to concede like the other dungeon contestants. "Epithemus I leave our escape of this trial to you." He said placing his hand on the titans back. The son of vine acted quickly grabbing hold of the golem that had attached itself to the projectile that had been thrown towards ghost.

As they flew towards Ghost Theos was prepared forwhatever may follow.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As they crashed the earth below them rippled, they had run with all of their might, but now the titans would reach the end of their journey as they began to climb. Hyperion's titan would crash into Ghost, rock after rock would knock him around as his weakened body would be bashed around by the Debris. The titans would be able to survive such a blow, but Ghost would not be able to take the force of the blow and his titan would be out of commission from the force. As rock had taken his life force, however, he would feel it contained as the magics within him would tie him to the earthly plain once more. He would surely be behind now as the titans would move towards the spire.

Atop was a great citadel, the center of the city in which before Vine had reigned. There the titans would remove their inhabitants. The brothers, pained in their journey would grasp them, letting the weary travelers step off to where they would face the consequences of their actions. First, the great Kokkinomati would stop, he had climbed atop, pursuing them up the great winding spire. The great stone tooth bit into the sky and their pursuer had stopped just before he had reached his prey.

In a moment of clarity, they would not hear the rage of Red, once again his true voice came in with full clarity. He would speak to Theos and Noir specifically, his voice focused on the pair of them. Red would say "There is a difference between a sacrifice and giving up, there is a difference between failure and tragedy. It did not matter what we did, god had turned on the world and we had to turn on him in order to protect our people. The world ended because people kept looking for answers, looking for alternatives till it turned people against the cause having them side with the face of darkness itself. Twice has the world failed at this because people keep looking for alternatives, to be peaceful. Mercy is not just kindness, it is a chance for rebirth amongst the destruction. But when destruction comes to your door you can't just give yourself in hopes to protect others. A coward dies for those they love but won't kill for the same. Those who look for alternatives to venom when a limb must be lost die from its sickness. Your souls are commendable, but when the end comes the only answer is to nip its' roots before they spread. You show the right hearts, you show you can endure, but can you go far enough. If you cannot you will fail, sacrifice means going out giving your all, giving what you can not just offer it but putting all of yourself in it. Please, my mistake wasn't fighting it was being to afraid to fight that hard earlier on. Some things must die."

As his words would end, Vine would form from the stone before the gate of Necropolis.  Her snaking frame would look down at the competitors. She had no comments for their actions, she would always tell the truth but it was Red's job to guide them. The djinn's job was to see if they were up to caliber, the cyclops was to shape them but if they failed the final trial they would all be sent home in just a flash. Vine would approach them all, she pointed towards the gate but before they had the chance to do so she would turn towards them.

"I did not say you had to sacrifice to Kokkinomati, I said the person in last would have to give a blood offering, and that would be Ghost as battered as he is, he must offer what he can" Vine would say looking upon them all, hoping they had learned from this experience. She would be happy to see at least the Hydra had survived, and so did Ajax.

Dm notes: Ghost is in last from failure to post and was crushed by the incoming attacks, he has technically died but is alive from his trait. Must spend the magoi mentioned in the trait.

Ghost: Give your blood offering
Next post you will all enter the chamber

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Reuniting with Noir and Ajax brought him a moment of peace, as he digested the words of the two shepherds. "I had seen it differently. I believed my sacrifice would secure a path to victory for Noir, even at the cost of my own life... But if we had fought with all our power, perhaps it would have lead to a better outcome."

He would embrace Noir. "Are you okay? I think we definitely did better than in Ipos, I think you have a real chance."

But in the back of his mind, he realized he couldn't be himself in front of Noir... Perhaps he would have to diverge from his path beside her. A new lesson from another dungeon, realizing that Noir would not accept his killing of Theos.

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

As they crashed landed Epithemus took the brunt of the impact leaving Theos and Zeus unscathed. Ghost however wasn't as fortunate, rocks pummeled the young magician to the brink of death. The words of Red rang in Theos' mind as he clenched his fist. He'd always been slothful, maybe that's why his father lost a arm forcing him to become the Captain of the Leviathan. Deep down that slothfulness was cowardice. There was always a way true, but it might not be the answer that Theos wanted to hear. Epithemus allowed a footing to the Fanalis and his beast allowing them to dismount his massive frame.

Theos looked back to Epithemus afterwards. "Thank you. I stayed true to my word. Hopefully that gives you some solace in the events to come." Theos looked away and gritted his teeth, before looking up towards Vine with fire in his eyes. "I understand my weakness now. Although I wish not to accept it as truth."  What he offered to the maze warden was his weakness. The inability to kill, no his inability to kill is what hindered him the most.

"Vine...Red..." He paused briefly. Keeping his fists tightly gripped he kept his eyes focused on the Djinn. "Allow me to share this with you. Through these trials I have been forced to kill, I've been given no time to think having to rely on my instincts, and even more being put in a position that I'm currently facing outside of your realm, being a leader. I've been to slow to act at times leaving Ghost at the helm. My Father would be ashamed of my display here at times. Somewhere inside my mind I began asking myself what all this was even for...Now I see, fate brought me here to cast away my old slothful self and relish in what i am to become. Before we enter our next trail allow me to formally apologize. Reliving those memories are torture. The ability to continue forth allowing all these challengers to enter your sanctuary forcing you to relive that agony time and time again is strength I know little of."

Theos slightly grinned. "Shedding my old restraints has been really...really fun. Relying on my instincts has been a breath of fresh air, while simultaneously not having time to formulate a full plan has cleared my mind of lingering doubt that something may go wrong." Theos could feel Ghost's presence so he knew his companion wasn't out quite yet, as he began walking towards the gate with Zeus behind him. He wouldn't hesitate any longer. If Theos had to face this challenge alone he would with a burning resolve. He placed his hand on the gate and looked to Red holding his fist up towards the behemoth. "Win, Lose, or Draw. Do with passion and no regrets....right?"

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

Without realizing it Ghost was now in darkness. He was without a doubt going through his resurrection phase. But that could only mean he have to have died. As a large beam of rukh poured in. It would surround him. As Ghost's eyes opened back up. He would see that He was close to Red and yet he could see Vine not far from him. As he started to check his body out. It seemed he was not in the looking shape. As Ghost looked on he would see the Hydra trying to get him to go where the others were. As he looked at Red he would wonder what the next move was? With a grinning smile on his face. He would look at the large monster and then would say. "Life is but a dream as death is but a nightmare I am sure I have ways of coming back myself. But to let me go on Red. What is it that you seek? Maybe an offering of some sort. I have nothing to give at the moment but if you allow me to. I can give you my very own life force. However, that will have to wait until the very end of the Dungeon."

As he said that he would look on. As he would then make it to Vine if all went well. As Ghost was still hurt from the attack. He would look to Vine as she said Blood offering. As then Ghost would reply to her "I have already offered him such a deal, after all, I was just killed and to be honest. To offer him another life would be an overpayment." As he looked to Theos he would say to him. "Good you have made it I was worried there for a moment. Then again you are more than enough to make it here." As he looked over at the other two he would remember them from Ipos and even from that battle against that tyrant. As he would say out loud," To dance with death again and again only then would someone choose to have life as their partner." As he looked to Vine he would say to her.Your story is not yet over unless you want it to be."

Notes
Ghost Magoi 460/210
Ghost trait revived him (Memories Of The Mountain)

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir managed to catch Hyperion but the force was too strong and she ended up flying with the man. Fortunately she was able to maneuver her golem so they wouldn't crash in a bad way when they landed. Noticing that they short, exciting time together was up, Noir pet the stone golem before letting it go, silently thanking him for helping her in this round. Being the only one who chose the stone golem, she thought she would have a slightly lower chance but turned out they made it.

As Noir listened to Red's speech, she looked down, staring towards the ground. She knew she was naive, her strong belief about mercy wouldn't help her alot and maybe, it would bring sadness to other people. The magician knew deep down that she had to be ready to dirty her hands...for the greater good, although she kept denying it. What happened in the past mostly led her to become like this, her brutality and her other side costed the life of Yakuroro. It made her threw away her brutality and believed that mercy was the only thing she should have. But people sacrificed themselves for her, they fought until the end to save her… Her life that was being paid by other people's life shouldn't be this easy to be thrown away. Her life wasn't that cheap and she had to try to live, she had to let go of the past, especially her traumas.

"Some things must die…" Noir repeated Red's words, "Dying was their fate…"

Noir let out a sigh while closing her eyes, as if throwing away some burden that was resting on her shoulders. "It is time to let go. Ariella and Yakuroro were meant to die. I shall do my best to cherish my life or I won't be able to look at them in the eyes when I meet them again." She would take a step forward towards Red, "Thank you for teaching me a lesson and reminding me that life is worth to be fought for. The ghost of my past chained me and I had to let go of it now. I will give it my all to protect all lives, including mine."

Noir would hold Hyperion's hand, "Thank you for the things you've done for me."

After she said that, she was surprised to receive an embrace from the man. But she would rub his back and return his embrace, "I am okay, thanks to you. Are you okay? Also, let's enjoy our adventure. From now on, let's fight with all of our might together."

As soon as Vine appeared, Noir would listen to the Djinn and nodded. She would motion her hand to Haku and Ajax before petting both of them. Happy they were safe and sound.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"I did not say you had to give your life Ghost, I said he needed a blood offering and he's going to take it one way or another" Vine would say before Kokkinomati would grab the magicians left hand, he would grip it tightly with his nails giving a slicing grip, severing the limb to then consume it. The beast tossed it into the air, falling into his mouth the blood would satiate him and Red would return once more.

"You had a choice for how much you gave, your sacrifice will be rewarded, but there is more to come, I'm sorry this has happened but in life, there are consequences, your death as you say it was from your own actions but it would not help Red, he is in your debt" Vine would add on as she turned around.

"It's guh-gu-g-good tu-to see everyone a-ah-uh-again" Red would say awkwardly unsure on how to continue with the events that had transpired. Could he really be friends with them the same, but they had fought valiantly.

Vine would start to speak once more "Take those words to heart it seems you can see the light forward but this is when I must have one last bit of cruelness for you. As you, my two challengers, you must take one of two challenges, only one of them is the right one for you, they may be the same or not but you must choose." As Vine spoke she would personally open the door to her chamber for them all.

Salt once again, had rushed forth, the white rock broke into grains as it consumed everyone there. It rushed over their skin, but it didn't dry them out, it just brought them to a great open cavern with a temple built into the side of it. Above a great skylight let in the light of a world with no sun. There before them would be an open atrium and then a black cave deeper inside.

Vine: The Odyssey (Main Hall-Necropolis)  - Page 4 879c116d229fe5c32b6b77b44100d2fb

"Ghost, Hyperion you both have gave enough in this dungeon, I offer you one of three choices, hold the form of one three great races, ones that had served me well in my time as a city leader. Your second option is a choice of an item, one power and strong with my magics to keep you strong. Finally, you may choose to stay, take on a challenge that may cost you your life, and grow your character if you win it properly. My dear boys, what do you choose?"

She gave them a moment to speak, to give the choice, then she would turn towards the two king candidates before her. Her voice was heavy as she would say "I will not lie to you, if you were not up to the criteria you would not be eligible for this challenge, you have done well but it has been a fine line, despite this you both will have the chance to take on the challenge you need to move on. You must guess which trial is the one for you. There is the trial of Brutality right here in this open area, in that cave beyond there is the trial of mercy. Choose the trial that you believe is needed to balance your actions, have you wielded both aspects properly?"

This was up to them. She knew how she view them, they could approach this how they wanted. There was no rush in this challenge. They would notice, all of them as their gifts to Asterios would return and so would he. Unlike an early arrival, he know was ecstatic, standing next to red as they both looked on.

"Y-yu-you gu-got t-this Nuh-Noir and T-thu-Theos, you b-bu-both made it th-this far!" Red would yell out.

"I wonder if they got rough and tumble attitude" Asterios would grumble out.

Dm Notes: Ghost offering is his left arm, keep in mind you're a zombie so you're not really bleeding out.

Ghost and Hyperion choose your rewards

Noir and Theos: Talk, as questions, rest for a second if you need to but pick your challenge when ready.

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he looked on he would be surprised that she said what she said. He would step back just a bit. As she said it was not his life but a blood offering in general. What cruelness did she have in mind? Ghost would think this not realizing what was about to happen to him. It all happened so fast. But the long story of it all. Ghost's arm was ripped off by that Red thing and he ate it and turned back into that little thing known as Red. But believe it or not, that was not what freaked him out. It was the fact that he did not feel the pain that had just happened. It was the fact that no blood came out. It was the fact that his worse nightmare was just realized and that will change him forever.

As he looked on as the poor little Hydra would crawl atop his head. He would start to laugh. As tears would fall from his face until they were no more. As he walked up to Vine being respectable, distance. He would look upon her as she gave him the three choices. He would then reply to her, "I lost my life here today. I even lost my arm. But yet I still stand because of my grandfather's curse. You will not pick me today and that is the same reason Ipos did not and that is because I refuse to believe in who I am or meant to be. But now I know now I must come to my reality. Your third challenge would be a waste of time because of what just happened and now I know what must be done and your first option is pointless. As I will remain a witch through in through. So I say to you bestows upon me with your magic. So not all is a lost cause."

As he said that he would look to Theos and then would say to him. "You truly are a strange one. Back there I saw what you did. That was a noble act in trying to save them. But I did all I could and this is where things end for me. It is up to you to go forth and claim her for your own." As he looked at the two creatures he would bow out of respect and then over to the other two competitors. As he would say to the strange-looking male."What a shame I was hoping to fight at least you. But as it stands there is no need." looking to the lady magician he would say."You strike me as a person who knows what to do but has so many excuses not to. I wonder will that change today?"

With that, he would wait for Vine to give him the magic tool and send him on his way.

Note
Choosing option 2

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The slaver would hover over Ajax, realizing he was grouped with Ghost, a magician he had also seen in the dungeon of Ipos. Despite being crushed, he had seemed to survive, another trait that the two shared.

Vine's offer was clear. There were two appealing choices, but there was a third final choice, which had promised growth... this was what he had been looking for. Even if it would cost his life, he was willing to risk it all.

It had seemed as if Noir and Theos would have a separate challenge from him. He would go over to Noir. "A test of brutality and a test of mercy... I know you'll choose the right one. I'll be choosing Vine's final option for myself... a chance to grow... something I've been trying to do for quite some time... if I don't make it back, I guess this is good bye."

The feel of death seemed to constantly face and touch Hyperion, perhaps he would actually die here, or if he managed to even survive this trial, he would dedicate himself to his personal growth and tying the loose ends in his life.

Hyperion would crouch down and pet Ajax then wiggle his fingers, giving him a good bye. Then he would give his goodbye to Noir, sliding his arms around her and resting his head in the nook between her neck and shoulders.

"Good bye."

After holding onto her for what seemed like forever but in actuality was about a minute, he would step towards Vine. "I'm ready for your challenge."

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir knew which path she should take...the option that would help to full what was lacking within her. But before she told Vine her decision, the magician would be surprised to hear Hyperion's decision for his reward. He chose something that might cost him his life but it would be a growth for him if he won. She didn't want to lose a friend, someone that Noir felt closer than she ever felt toward anyone else. But the man made his decision and when he spoke to Noir, she could only respect his wish.

"Hyperion, let's do our best for the challenge… and let's live no matter what." She said while embracing the man back. No matter how many times Hyperion embraced her, she could still feel how warm it made her feel. When he said goodbye to her, she would reply differently, "This isn't goodbye, I will see you later. I won't make you promise me, but… be safe."

The magician would take a deep breath after embracing Haku and Ajax, she would ask Vine to take a good care of them while she chose her challenge. "It is clear which path that I should take… The aspect that I'm lacking..." She said as she stood still in the current area, "I will take the trial of brutality."

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

This time was different from all those before it. The wave of salt engulfed Theos, however much to his surprise felt like water. As calm and violent as the waves of the ocean. This sensation felt like a clear message to whom vine is. Ghost had managed to survive through use of his magic, Red had become when they knew him to be, and the Maze warden had returned. After several challenges, and even a contestant dropping out, here he finally was.

"I unwittingly killed your subordinate and friend the kraken, and for that I apologize." Theos said looking between Vine, Red, Warden, and the Hyda. "Especially you Hydra. I apologize on using your fear against you to retrieve the item you guarded with your life. Twice I was brutal but only once did I show mercy and that was Epithemus by choosing to not cause him pain." He smiled at the decisions of the two that were brought to the dungeon. One wanted power for what he'd lost while the other seemed to yearn for knowledge.

At the same time as Noir, Theos made his decision. "The trial of Mercy is my choice." His voice filled with passion.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Vine would look down upon Ghost, there was more he could gain from the offers she provided but this was more than a chance for him. This item would replace what he lost, what he had given up. Hopefully, he would make good use of it, Vine would pull the item from her treasure pile. it was must larger than Ghost's frame, it was an arm of stone. She would affix the item to the young man, it would shrink and shape to his size so that it was a perfect fit for him.

Ghost's Reward:

"Take your gold, this arm and do with it what you can to grow. I know you see greatness in yourself, but you must learn to accept truth and humility. You must accept the brutality that you are not special among millions. If you wish to make a difference it will not be your birth it will be your actions. If you wish to do something with your blessing from the rukh then do so, learn to actually help not just be a hero" she would say, allowing him to go off and exit the dungeon.
Next, she would turn to Theos and Hyperion. She would say "Theos, walk through that cave and take on the trial of Mercy. Show if you truly understand, you say you accidentally chose, but remember it is your intent that matters. You are not wrong but tread carefully or you will fail. Hyperion, I must ask you to go through that trial as well, the cave will split naturally when you both enter."

After her words, she would motion for them to go forward, there would be no time for questions. It was either take on the task or leave, despite all her challenges names, any chance was one that could bring death. Just as she said, the path would diverge in the mouth of the abyssal cave.  The darkness split like the throat of two great beasts. The stone was great and dark, with no obvious light. Despite being separated Theos and Hyperion would both find themselves in a dark, area where only the light glint of stone and bronze could be seen. It was a 30m diameter cave area, it wasn't large by any means.

In front of Theos something would come from the darkness, a Venom Stream and then a Song of Confusion that followed. The poison came directly across from him 30m away but he would not be able to hear the sound of his attack's steps over the hissing of the serpents all around.

Hyperion, as he stepped into the cave a Song of Confusion would hit him. It was already too dark for him to notice as a strike laced Gorgon's Blood would come by to slash him as Dousa dashed by him, even if the attack missed or clashed she would dash back to the shadows, using Rattling Escape to try and move around and escape his gaze before the chance to strike would come.

They had been left up to their own fights, while Noir was alone with Vine the djinn would talk to her. "It's good you can acknowledge your weakness, now is your chance to say if you've really grown. If you wish to prove you can be brutal, that your heart holds strength you must take on a battle far beyond your strength. I need to see if you can ruthlessly pull through."

She would raise her hand, signaling the start of Noir's challenge to call it forth. "Vainea hashas milh'rumh, Vainea Mitra Theu'ard! Vine would command.

From her magic, the serpents of the earth would form in front of her. She was only 40m across from Noir, and she would quickly send the snakes of stone to crush the magician. They shaped from the ground, the dust in the air and the salt in the walls. The minerals coiled forth in the haze, rushing towards Noir in an attempt to take her life. Vine was not just testing her, she was going to push her as far as she could. If she was going to win, she was going to push to her best self, just like the other would be.

"I AM THE CHALLENGE OF BRUTALITY, SURVIVE MY ONSLAUGHT!" she would scream, her roars causing the whole dungeon to shake in an earthquake.

Dm notes: Ghost gifted his item, exit and you will get your gold

Theos and Hyperion are both in separate 30m diameter cave areas with no light source, you must win in 3 posts, damage is not the way to win, figure it out.

Theos- 30m stream of venom coming at you and a confusing symphony of snake hisses to hide the attacker

Hyperion- Attack used confusion song to hide their spot, tried to slash with a gorgons blade covered sword, then tried to dash away to avoid quick retaliation

Noir- 40m across from Vine, she has sent Vainea Mitra Theu'ard and Vainea hashas milh'rumh at you. You must survive 3 posts

The Trial of Brutality:

Trial of Mercy:

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he looked on he would hear what she had to say. Something about earning something else. But in all honesty, if she could not end his life then that would be a useless gift in his mind. As he saw the magical arm being brought fought. Ghost would stand tall as he had to ready himself for it. As it came to he would retrieve it as he was given the information on it. However, he did not put it on just yet. As he held on to it. Given a bow to Vine he would say before he left. " So either my comrade will gain you or that other magician would. Either way, history would be made on this day Lady Vine. On this note, I can not wait to see which one of your former comrades see me as their king. As your words hold true to my heart I will start to truly follow it albeit a little different than the white knight version of things."

As he saw that he would then take his leave from the Town Of Power that was controlled by Vine. However, it may be that he would have left. He would soon arrive back outside on the island. There he saw his knights and they would see him. With one arm at that as both Moka and Maya would tell out to him. As they ran over to him. To which he would say out loud but to himself. "What in the world are you two doing all the way out here?"

Notes:
Survive the Dungeon
Lost one arm
Gain a magical Tool
Gain a comrade in Theos?
Lost the power of Vine
Lost life but alive via Trait
Learn to not play hero but be it
Gain the Kraken pet aka The knight 10

Exit post

Good Noir and Theos...Hyperion.

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Upon understanding his challenge Theos placed his hand on Zeus' beak. "This time my friend I cannot rely on your strength. This is a test me for me and me alone." Theos began walking towards the crawling darkness of the cavern. The less outright light was available the more Theos began to train his eyes to see movement using this small glints of stone and bronze. There were times at sea that resembled this darkness. Before he even realized something was telling Theos to get out of the way. It was a sinking feeling of something watching him. Theos drew his blade, Moon Piercer, and held it readily in front of himself.

Suddenly he began snakes hissing. It.sounded like he was surrounded. Without thinking Theos took his free hand and slammed it into the ground causing debris to fly in a radius around him. He hoped to deter any creature from advancing. "Show yourself weather you be man or beast. I did not come here to fight, harm, or impose on your territory. I ask for a simple conversation." His words resonated with conviction. His mind resolved Theos would pass this final test of Vine. He'd already had grown and if it wasnt for the last challenge against Red, Theos would have never noticed.

Techiniques Used:

Stamina/Magoi Tracker:

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir would give Hyperion one last glance before he marched to the cave, giving him a nod. After that, Noir would be focusing on Vine, ready for her own trial. When the Djinn raised her hand, Noir got herself ready. She got the feeling that Vine herself would be a part of her trial and she was right. The moment the snake-haired lady raised her hand, the magician braced herself. Earth serpents appeared in front of her, seemingly ready to crush her. Her borg was already shattered at the previous trial, so she had to be more careful. Haku wouldn't be available to help her as well at the moment as she wished to do this by herself, to challenge herself.

First. she would activate her special skill from her staff of storm, creating a 1m wide tornado. The tornado would be dealing with the two snakes at once from the Vainea Mitra skill. Meanwhile, the magician would use her axe, infusing her magoi to activate destructive empowerment and putting more magoi to use clear the way skill to crush the incoming Vainea Hashas skill with the backside of her axe, freezing the salt snake.

This was not the time to stand still and wait for Vine to attack again, the magician wanted to push herself to the limit. The black-haired girl used her exceptional speed to move forward, closing her distance with the Djinn until she was 20 meters away. She drew a circle and murmured to spell name to cast Sfera Oscure spell towards Vine before scaling it two times.

Noir would be closing in again, this time she would be 15 meters away from Vine. She would cast a scaled Drago Cimatico and commanded it to swallow Vine.

Magoi: 220/570

Battle Notes:
- Defended against Vainea Mitra Theu'ard with Staff of Storm's skill
- Defended against Vainea hashas milh'rumh with Clear the Way and Destructive Empowerment
- Attacking Vine with 2x scaled Sfera Oscura (should be 4 A-tier orbs coming towards Vine)
- Sending 1 A-tier cymatic dragon towards Vine
- 15m away from Vine now

Skills:

Weapons & Items:

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion's path would deviate from Theos path, where the absence of light deepened, til it was nearly pitch black. Hyperion stepped carefully, nearly crouching as he extended an arm out to help get a feel for his surroundings. As he sensed the path widening into a sort of dome. He would hear slithering all about, perhaps it was a cave full of snakes...? but as he approached, he would notice a mix of footsteps, followed by a slice of his arm, instantly feeling the sting of a foreign substance invading his body, alongside a severely injured arm. Starting the healing process with his bracelet, and sustaining it once.

He could feel the presence escape from him before he could even think of retaliating. As he eased the pain of the slash, he tried to take in his surroundings, realizing there was bronze amongst the stone. Perhaps he could find a useful weapon from the metal that seemed to catch the little bit of light that was available in the room.

magoi: 450

healing b tier damage x 2 for the A tier weapon damage.

Heal All – Feeding magoi into the item causes a pulse of purple light to spread from the user in a 3m sphere. Anyone inside the sphere experiences B-tier healing. 10 magoi to activate | 5 magoi to sustain.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The first two attacks destruction orbs would be met with two boulders created from Vine's Embrace. As the third one would come upon her she would shout "Vainea mawa'almilh!" The Salt formed a shell around her skin, as the concentrated orb of destruction would strike the armor absorbed the damage filling the air with salt dust. "Vainea jidar'thueban!" Vine had said amidst the confusion.

To meet Noir's cymatic dragon was a great serpent of stone, it dwarfed the aqua attacked. The creature would absorb the blow, some of the intense force weathering its armor but it would be able to take a few more blows before breaking apart. It wouldn't be the last of her assault however, she would use Vine's Embrace to try and grab Noir with stone around her. As she did this she would say and cast Vainea qa'hidra!  

With her words, the stone around would blow outward, a great torrent of rocky reptiles flowing to crush her target.

While Noir had to deal with the assault Vine provided Hyperion would find himself also in a tricky situation. As he looked for the light he would notice the indiscriminate bare flash of illumination in the neer pitch cave. The shines would be hard to make out as some seemed to be abandoned weapons and others the stone stuck in the earth.

The light from his magic circle had made things visible for a moment but he would need more of a source to see things. Thankfully, a light would start to slightly fill the room making out some of the things surrounding him. There was mineral-filled rock and the corpses of troops right in front of him. Unfortunately for him, the source of light was the glow of the magic eyes of Dousa as she fired a petrifying gaze at him. To add insult to injury, as the light diminished she would try and follow up with Venom Stream.

During Theos own fight with Dousa he would find his shockwave didn't draw out the creature, it did make the noticeable sound of metal clanging against a stone. It was hard to make out how far it was but it had to be close by him from the sharpness of how it would settle in his ears.

There wouldn't be too much time to stop and think as she would using Rattling Escape to charge towards Theos and use a Gorgons Blood infused blade to try and slash him. That only was to catch his movements, as a petrifying gaze would follow.

Dm notes:

Noir: First two orbs clashes with Vine's attacks with earth, third with Salt shield ability, your Dragon clashed with her snake, it can take 3 more A-tier strikes before it breaks per item durability rules. Vine tries to grab you with Embrace and then use her ability qa'hidra

Hyperion: Using stone stare function and Poison stream on you

Theos: Approaches with rattling escape and uses a gorgons blood slash to try and damage, it seemed you tried to dodge the poison or clash I wasn't sure, I'll give the benefit of the doubt based on how it reads but you'd likely still be confused and have difficulty noticing the target.

The Trial of Brutality:

Trial of Mercy:

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion had noticed the corpses, possibly the corpses of people who had attempted this very challenge.   The slaver looked to see if perhaps there were some useful tools amonst the corpses, with the faint lighr, but he was caught off guard. As a light shone brighter against him, he had no useful tools to combat the  light and then realized how the crystal-encrusted rock seemed to shimmee, perhaps he would be able to reflect the light magic coming his way. He would bring it around over his face as he closed his eyes, and lifted the corpses, as two separate layers against the gaze. Then dropping the rock and corse as there was just enough light to see the general direction of the cloisters guardian.

Hyperion would rely on the chakram once more by shooting it forward as an Eagle's Swoop, using the spinning chakram to deflect the stream of venom.

Magoi: 440

Eagles Swoop- By filling the tool with magoi 10 to activate | 5 to sustain the user throws the chakram flying up to 50m in an arc dealing A-tier damage, if the object misses, or strikes a target it flies back to the user in a returning arc.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Vine was a formidable enemy after all, as expected as the owner of the dungeon. She blocked and defended herself easily against Noir's attacks. Not only that, she sent some other attacks towards the magician swiftly. The girl had to think fast, she couldn't hesitate. She pointed her staff upwards to cast a scaled crystal dome to defend against the Qa'hidra attack. Right after that, she would crush Vine's embrace by sustaining Sfera Oscura 1 time.

Noir would also sustain her axe's ability, "clear the way", 3 times to destroy Vine's snake and right after she would sustain the sfera oscura, scaled 4 times towards Vine. She would sustain her 1x scaled dragon one time, commanding it to get rid of any incoming attack that might come to her right after.

"I won't stop fighting even though I'm tired, I'll stop fighting when you've shattered my heart into thousand pieces!" Noir said her will out loud even though she could feel her breathing become heavier.

Magoi: 90/570

Battle Notes:
- Defended against Qa'hidra with Cupola Di Cristallo
- Defended against the embrace with Sfera Oscura
- Destroyed the snake by sustaining Clear The Way 3 times
- Sending 3x scaled Sfera Oscura (4 orbs)
- Sfera Oscura & Clear the way on cool down for 4 posts at the moment

Skills:

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Metal..?" Theos couldnt tell where itwas coming from, however he dove towards the direction he thought it was in. At this point Theos didn't want to waste any time. This was a trial of mercy, yet he was literally and figuratively in the dark. Theos allowed his instincts to take over. The continuous hisses made it hard for him to think clearly. Theos held the flat side of the Moon piercer in front of him while he was in a crouched position. Theos still had no idea what was in this cave. He still had no idea that a savant of Vine lurked in the darkness whose movements were almost completely masked by the sounds of hissing.

"Listen, I am not here to fight or harm anyone. Nor will I take any treasure you have. I concede to you in this fight. My stamina has almost reached its limit. For the sake of Vine, Red and many others please lay down your arms. Does there need to be more blood shed than there has already been?" Theos said with words full of resolve and passion.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Theos plead to the creature he would find the movement in his body halt. Even as his words spoke, she would not hesitate to cover his body in stone. She would redirect her blade, aiming to sever his leg if he was not able to act but it was a dismal state for that moment. In his choice, in his action Dousa would look at him, with honest and innocent eyes she would speak to the challenger. "Your kindness has no bounds, and your heart certainly knows to lend its' warmth, but can it follow through when the cold becomes unbearable..."

While the situation had turned grim for the young man, things were not simple for Hyperion. He had done his best to act, especially with the surprise but there wasn't enough time. He was able to pick up the stone, but to pick up those bodies and to raise them all quick enough would be a challenge. The magic had flashed in a light, the stone was not reflective enough to catch the full gaze but it managed to show some of the lost swords and shields around, even glinting of Hyperion's chakram. Despite this, the flash was wide enough to turn his fingers holding rock into stone themselves, along with that so would his lower body. With that chance, the Dousa would use her stone gaze and Venom Stream once more.

The quakes which shook the dungeon only rattled stronger, the drums of combat trembling from Vine and Noir's fight. The magician did her best to keep up with the Djinn, Vine would fly up into the air. During the confusion she should've been able to escape Noir's range but, on the chance, she couldn't the djinn would throw Four Stones one for each orb. If Noir was going to give her all, so was Vine, she was going to show her the magic, the power that she already had beside her with Dantalion.

"Vainea nab'iilah thueban"

Above her, the great star, a massive magic symbol would appear above her head. From the command of her hands, the earth below would break, drawing together the minerals all around, bringing forth salt to the forefront of the spell. The earth formed into a great warrior, a humanoid statue of salt who carried a Spada in his left hand while his left arm was that of a serpent. It was the model of a perfect human physique scaled to the size of a small mountain almost. With great force, it would send its' serpentine arm at Noir while also attempting to aim for the magician's lower legs with the tip of its' massive blade.

Dm notes: Theos has been petrified, technically you are immobilized but your lungs and mouth still work.

Hyperion your actions were considered but with how combat rules work I believe you'd be partially petrified it would not intervene with your clash but it should reveal some stuff.

Noir, clashed with four attacks of Vine's passive but she flew 100m into the air while you did so to try and escape, she cast the extreme magic I kept hidden I am sorry, just give it your all I know you'll survive

LAST ROUND

Extreme magic:

The Trial of Brutality:

Trial of Mercy:

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion refused to surrender, a lesson he learned when he made the choice to sacrifice himself for his partner. Sometimes, it was better to struggle to the last second to squeeze out a victory from the jaws of defeat. His free arm would catch the chakram on it's return as his undead body would survive the typically fatal damage. And as Dousa would use her petrifying gaze once more he would REFLECT her luminous, hopefully bouncing back the petrification back at his scaled foe and ending the encounter without a shred of brutality. But if things didn't pan out for the slaver, this could be the end for him.

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Before he could figure out what was happening Theos movements were halted. He felt like a statue. Theos took a deep breath feeling his lungs fill with air he sighed in Relief. What happened he hadn't seen a magic circle so did something he touch cause this paralysis. That was until he heard the words of the culprit. A calming and beautiful tone, yet filled with some form of anger. It was similar to Vine's in so many ways. Theos focused his eyes as the voice got closer as if time moved at the speed of a turtle, or snail, he was able to make out the blade that came towards him and the innocent eyes that had been hunting him within throughout this challenge.

"If my test was Mercy then so it shall be. I won't attack loved one of Vine. Although I have means to stop your attack. Ghost lost and regained his life and lost a arm to help me get here. I will repay his diligence by accepting whatever comes next. The lesson here is clear. Although you may fail, although the odds may be stacked against you, do you have the strength to continue to live with the pain of failure. I couldn't protect Ghost so let this be my punishment. However I will not give up until the final decision has been made." He words remained strong and firm with his resolve.

Theos braced himself and began thinking about the stories he would have to tell to his loved ones aboard the Leviathan. He finally had a adventure of his own. A adventure full of wonder and things most had never seen. "I never expected to come out of this unscathed. If I made the wrong decision let this be a reminder to myself in the to show no mercy or ever hesitate."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum