You are not connected. Please login or register

Vine: The Odyssey (Main Hall-Necropolis)

+2
Diligence
Solomon's Proxy
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Another instance of senselessness this time accompined with the feeling of a bear hug. It reminded Theos of his Father, Regilos. Upon getting his senses back Theos would be surrounded by massive decrepit walls, stained like old wood. Old and falling apart, but sturdy in their own right. He was a challenger of this great power, but in every instance he would marvel at the magnificence of each structure. Theos was nudged by Zeus. The beast had a strange way of knowing when Theos was lost in thought. The Balbaddian Fanalis laughed. Some tension he'd felt had been released from his mind. "To be such a massive and intimidating creature you have such a way with words." Theos placed his hand on the head of Zeus.

"Ares wards? You hear that Zeus? I wonder what our Ares is up to?" He'd trail off once more, but Red's instruction was heard well. Theos followed behind Red, and Zeus was behind them. "I do have a question for you Red. Since you are our guide, is it better to face this brutality you speak of, or find the quickest route out?" Theos wasn't over confident in his abilities, however he'd learned from the first challenge that this creature was giving them hints with every sentence he spoke. As they walked pass the Ares ward, Theos gave it a glance. It looked like a living construct similar to how Vine appeared before, but more so a rough draft.

This section had nothing on the midway in terms of beauty, however its strength lie in the prowess of the walls. Centuries? Eons? How long had they stood against the test of time? Battle after battle only to stand tall as the day they'd been erected. Theos picked up the love his agricultural from his Grandfather whom told him stories of far way lands. The air way dry, filled with dust. Not so different from the deserts of Heliohapt. Sky filled with muddied clouds giving way for no light. "A true embodiment of a maze. Meant to dishearten and disorientate." Theos would say in a low voice almost a murmur to himself.

Once they reach the crossroads the first thought Theos had was to continue straight. However he didnt want to put his group in unfavorable circumstances. At least not without their consent. "I would say straight." Theos spoke up saying to Ghost. A strange sent caught his nose. Dead Flowers. No not dead not yet. Theos pointed straight ahead. "Theres a scent of rotting flowers in that direction." He was a Fanalis so the scent bothered him slightly, however he had smelled worse.

Inventory:
Beast:
Stamina | Magoi Tracker:

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The moment Noir’s body was transported to the next area, she could hear that Lagi was dropping out from the dungeon. But there was no time to react as her body warped and suddenly, the scenery in front of her had changed. The magician wondered why he left the challenge since she couldn’t hear the reason why, but she was sure he had a solid reason. Although it would be a shame that they couldn’t continue their adventure together from a separate team, Noir would move on and be ready to explore the new area.

Her golden eyes stared towards the labyrinth and she would follow Red’s guide, listening to his warnings as well, as that had been proven to be very useful before. “You know this entire place felt like a plot in a storybook, a magic maze.” She whispered to Hyperion, knowing he would understand what she meant as a fellow book lover.

As they walked behind Red, Noir would notice eyes around them. It felt like the eyes were observing them. Judging by how the guide tried to avoid them, Noir assumed that it would be best to not interact with them. Well, she didn’t want to interact and then got lost… But suddenly, they stopped the moment they reached a crossroad and Red would ask which way to go. Her blessed eyes would notice that the left and right paths had the same trembling rukh. However, the center path was different, the rukh was steady but the girl could smell an unpleasant scent. Even Haku growled, showing that he didn’t like the bad smell of the rotting flowers.

The other contenders had already made their choice and Noir preferred to go to a different path to see other possibilities. She would turn to face Hyperion to ask his opinion, “The rukh is trembling on the left and right paths, but it’s calm and stable at the center path. I would say we can choose left or right, what do you think?”

Any path that her companion would choose, the magician would follow. But she would step forward to approach Red, “Since the rest of us might be going to different paths, do you want to go with us?”

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he enters the next part of the Tower Of Power. Ghost would arrive yet he would be standing on his two feet. Still, he was a bit dizzy but he was getting used to the motion of the movement of the said portal to go through. Thinking out loud as he looked back at the portal that was leaving. " What type of magic is that? Could it be an unknown type of magic or a lost one altogether? Well, I will get to the bottom of that the moment I could." As he said that he would continue to walk on. As he made it to the second part of the Tower Of Power. He would notice that it was now a maze. As Res made it clear to be careful. As he looked on he would notice that each side was booming with Rukh. So much so that the middle part seems pale in comparison.

This would put a smile on his face as he looked on to the lady magician talking to Red. As he looked back at Theos he would say to him. "Well well well.....it seems we are at a crossroad here. But the thing is both right and left sides are overwhelmed with the Rukh. But the middle is not. When in a situation such as this. We need to head right down the middle. For two reasons as follows Theos. One the middle is always the quickest way out and two. Something is there that would out the other two sides to shame.* As he said the last part with excitement in his voice." I bet a fight worth the heavens are waiting for us and if we win a gift just may be ours as well." Ghost said this as he knew the middle path felt a bit too easy. But being blessed with such eyes and being a magician. He knew all too well about looks and feelings being deceptive.

As he started to walk within the middle path. He would look back at Thoes and his Beast and would say. "But be warned most of the people who enter this Tower lost their lives here. Or at least that's what I am picking up." He would say that as he started to laugh at himself.

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion was stunned just as he had been in previous iterations of teleportation between areas of the dungeon. But this was definitely an experience he would not forget, impressed by the masonry of the djinns magic.

Hyperion would follow behind Noir and Red, while still keeping an eye out "Yeah, a labyrinth guarded by an evil creature, protecting a great treasure."

Noticing the rubylike figures all around him, "I guess these are the Ares Wards... keeping tabs on us." The calmness of the Rukh, didn't seem like the right way to go, and being able to deviate from the other candidate seemed like the right choice.

"I think we should go right," He pointed in the direction and he could smell the faint odor of death reeking around."Hey, Red, I think it'd he great if you went with us."

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Red would eagerly answer the question so that all of the contestants would hear it. He would say "B-both ha-have their prospects, s-survival i-is what's ma-muh-most important" he managed to mutter out in his sing-song stutter. He continued to explain "Escaping shows your w-wi-wit a-and ge-guh get's you cl-closer t-to Vine, b-b-but I w-won't l-lie- she do-doesn't give much tr-treasure, m-most of it is k-kept here."

With that last bit of his answer, he would let the groups move on. While they would diverge on their paths. While the pair of man and woman with opposite flow would offer for him to follow. The young man would let out a chirp of a chuckle. Approaching them he followed them for a bit only to explain his role as a guide. "I wish to w-wuh-walk with b-ba-both groups, yu-yuh-you''ll see I have my o-own set path b-because of i-it.

The cyclops bone-white hair would glint with the dance of the wall torches he ran by. He kept a moderate pace, leading them forward. As the lights flickered ahead on the back of his head he stayed into few, barely within reach. Red had become a shadow, a phantom leading them to the next crossroad. A path with two options for them to choose, yet as they would see their two options they would no longer see their guide. The only thing before them was a forked road separated by stone roses and an Ares ward atop the wall. The rukh even, seemed to quake the same down both paths.

With him vanishing whispers would follow, with them leaving behind to them both in their own voices "You're so desperate that you even search an assistant's approval."

While they would be left to make their own decision Red had managed to catch up with Ghost and Theos. "It s-suh-seems the scent is only gu-guh-getting stronger he would say with a tinge of anxiety. His eye seemed to quiver slightly, he couldn't provide answers but he could always provide hints. There weren't many hints to provide at this moment, however, as the path they took led them to their destination quickly. They would find themselves in a garden, one of stone and statue.

Some of the artworks were in the shape of plants, of great oak and olive trees while others were shrubs. Even parts of the ground were covered in grass made of rock, which managed to sway in the slight breeze. This strange geo-garden filled a 50mx50m space, sitting at its center would be the only true plant life. A golden apple tree, it stood 15m tall, adoring on its branches was a strange shimmering object, one Ghost would notice would be covered in nesting rukh.

It wasn't the only true living thing though. as resting before the tree was a great green reptile, with many snake-like heads. This multi-headed menace was resting, wrapping around the great applewood. They were lucky for the moment, as its' eyes would be closed in a slight slumber. It would breathe, huffing slightly letting out sickly sweet clouds. The beast's yawn would drift in purple clouds brushing their cheeks. The clouds from the great hydra would smell of dying flowers.

Vine: The Odyssey (Main Hall-Necropolis)  - Page 2 7266972d1e776466e9c1f7f45e40b75f

Red would look worried knowing he was right, he was too scared to hear as the voices would travel past him to the pair of young men. The words would slide into their ears, into their minds snickering "Greedy and Cowardly, looking for power and treasure I bet you'll steal or kill before a bargain or borrow."

While all would be presented with their own paths, the Rukh would shake for all as a small huff would echo in the maze. Something was awaking, a rumble of ancient earth began to move and they would all feel it.

DM notes: Noir and 8: Pming your road options so that way Theos and Ghost cannot know which path you took, will present this option either way.

Ghost and Theos, proceed how you want, you may go back you may approach the Hydra and its Hidden treasure as you like.

Survival Round 1/5 moving onto Round 2

You have 48 hours to respond, if you fail to post within the time limit you will be subject to auto-hit.

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

"I can help those I love with the treasure that hides here. Yet a part of me only seen what lie at the top of the tower. Thank you for all you've done Red. I hope that qhennone of our groups conquers Vines challenges you will be free of your fear."

Theos moved along their chosen path with Zeus and Ghost behind him. The smell of rotting flowers only grew stronger and stronger. Almost causing Theos to sneeze. He wonder what lie ahead of them on this path. He and Ghost had been of one accord and ii brought him solace in his decisions, so there was no worry in his heart. The group moved through the corridors patiently, calmly. Theos could hear footsteps scurrying about. "It appears Red is returning." The first thing that caught his attention was a golden object shimmering from a elevated view. As he reached the opening Theos would scan the area. Statues scattered about. grass made of stone, trees, and even shrubs alike all made of stone. , no life sat here except two things, A lone tree, and a massive beast of multiple heads.

"Red do these beasts have any relation? I didnt mean for us to kill the kraken but Zeus can overdue it at times when it comes to my safety."  Worss floated into his mind as if to antagonize him. "There they are again. So these voices accompany every challenge." Theos spoke softly. He looked to Red wondering something about them. He would kneel down placing his hand on Red's shoulder. "When you speak to us feel no fear. I nor Zeus will harm you. You have spent many days in this dungeon with these creatures." Theos smiled at the creature. "No matter their shape or size I feel no beast deserves death for protecting their home." After that Theos stood up and looked back to the Hydra. "Ghost we're going to try and not kill the hydra." Zeus cooed before lifting himself into the air. The stormwing began flying above the tree. "Zeus I leave it to you to grab that apple. Now how do we humanly deal with this." Theos said looking at the Hydra.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir would listen tentatively to Red's words of advice, surviving and escaping the maze would be the most important thing to do but there would be a chance where they could find a treasure here as well. The magician wondered about it, wondering if the treasure would be something like ancient knowledge. Oh well, she could find out later if fate led her to it.

The magician would nod to the cyclops, respecting his wish to walk with both of the groups even though she wondered how he would do that. But her question would be answered by how their guide transformed into a shadow, leaving her with amazement. "I wonder how he can do that." She said to Hyperion. However, that won't be the only thing she had to wonder about at the moment. They had arrived to another fork and once again they had to choose their path. "The rukh is similar for both of the paths." She said as her golden eyes stole a glance towards the stone roses and the Ares ward.

"Let's try to go this way." Noir tugged Hyperion's sleeve and began to walk towards their chosen paths.

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was a steady mess yet a powerful feeling. Ghost was a bit on edge as he always is. The voice within his head yet again. But why was that he would ask of him. Pushing it away he would say to him," Foolish is as Foolish does. Rather be greedy than to go hungry and rather be fearless than to have fears my sweet sweet voice inside my head." As he said that he would look on to see the flowers that were dying away. As he would say out loud. "What a shame the life of the plants is starting to end. I bet I could revive them." As he said that he would look over to see Theos speaking to the little red creature. As Theos told him that he and his beast were of no threat. Ghost would start to laugh a bit. But not out of spike but more or so.

It was a funny situation to him. As Ghost was about to speak next. Until Theos said what he said about the Kraken. To which he was referring to as they all saw muti-headed monster. Ghost eyes would grow wide. As he was feeling a powerful feeling. From this beast. "Theo's careful not to awaken this thing. As we may be in for a fight of a lifetime here." As soon as he said that he would feel the ground move a bit. As he pulled out his Stave he wanted to be safe." Simply put, something in here that we may need. Maybe sneaking by or knocking it out will do. Either way RED, could this monster be tamed? Ghost would say with an exciting way of speaking.

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"The residents of the dungeons seem to be nearly as powerful as the Djinn themselves. " He noticed that the power of some of these favored denizens had many more powers.

Hyperion was much more confident in this dungeon than he was the last one, seemingly understanding the intentions and purpose of the dungeons much more clearly.

As Noir tugged on his sleeve, his arm pulled away to release her grasp on his sleeve, then clutching her hand and began to travel in the direction that Noir had suggested to the slave. The branch in his other hand as he observed the wards, as they seemingly observed him.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Red would watch as Theos and Ghost would try and approach things from the careful route. They both seemed to be individuals who cared for life, and only wished to take it when necessary. The real question however was, would they be able to be swift enough to enact action when the time has come. The sickly sweet scent would permeate more in thick clouds from the nostrils of the Hydra. The great beast was beginning to stir.

While the operation would begin Red would respond "They bear no direct relation but most of the beasts w-w-were o-once friends, a-uh-alot of beasts were thu-those that stood by her side. Thu-they cuh-cuh-can't be tamed, they're t-too smart"

His words echoed in a true warning. While their conversation had continued on Zeus would find himself overhead the monstrous reptile. Resting above in the tree was their treasure, but it was no simple apple. It was a cuirass, of the finest silver and steel. The object radiated with magical power, it was clearly more versatile than it lead itself onto belief. Zeus would have the chance to try and pluck the item, but the moment the bird would aim to fetch, the Hydra would awaken.

In great swathes of smoke would its poison bellow out. From each of its' mighty heads, each would awaken in a great roar. It would rise, and so would the whispers in the back of their minds. "You aim to die, you think you have what it takes to meet such a beast."

Red, watching their plight start wished he could help more, but he had to be fair as a guide. He would, however, before vanishing into the walls, would leave them with some parting words. "Co-confidence, and sww-iftness is good, j-just make sure to-to fuh-folow through with buh-burning passion!

With those words, as the cyclops would exit and the corner, he would now find himself walking alongside Noir and Hyperion. Their stretch of the maze had been going rather smoothly it seemed. The Rukh in the path in which they followed was strong. It was a reliable track, but it didn't protect them from the whispers, they would always manage to sneak past and find their way. "Simply going along with games, truly aren't you powerless?"

The guide did not hear the nasty spit that was slung, he did, however, notice up ahead that once again the path would diverge, this time in sets of three. Confusingly enough the rukh seemed to be the same here, yet Red would notice one small difference. His nosed sniffled, poking at the air as he searched for something. "The first path smells of Salt, the second seems to hold the scent of granite, and finally the last path seems to linger with the stench of clay." They were somewhat words of advice, he had not seen this stretch of road before in all reality, he however was good with his nose.

With a quivering lip, he would turn to face the two, asking them "Which way do we go?"

Dm notes:
Noir and 8 : Same Deal, gonna ask you in dms which path you are taking.
Ghost and Theos: FIght is starting the Hydra will be awake in one post, depending on how you approach it this post will affect how the fight starts and the creature's stats.

You have 48 hours to respond, if you fail to post within the time limit you will be subject to auto-hit.

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Theos pondered Red's words. He had a piece of the kraken hide. However presenting it to the Hydra might prove counter active. "No beast is truly tamed. Either you gain their trust or crush their will." Theos looked to Zeus as the Hydra began to stir. "Both Zeus and Ares trust me and I trust them." Theos watch the plumes of smoke bellowed from the several heads. The smell alone left him cautious of what could come from their respective mouths.

Once again that softly vile voice rang in his head. Just as they did Theos and Zeus' eyes met. He felt reassured in his conviction. Then the words of Jiryu debated the faceless sounds. "Regardless of how I arrived here. Fate ushered me to face these challenges. I've encountered many kinds of beasts and know one thing. Respect can be found in courage." Theos listened to the final hint of knowledge from Red before he disappeared to the other group.

"Back me up Ghost. Be prepared to attack." Theos knew Zeus would be the same. Their goal was to retrieve the item without having to fight or kill the Hydra. Zeus slightly lowered his altitude. He saw Theos wasn't to keen on attacking, so it kept him on guard, yet ready to grab the item he'd been tasked with retrieving. Theos removed his hood and stepped a but a few steps closer and prepared himself for the Hydra to awaken.

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he saw the Hydra Ghost, himself was in awe of it. This was something to behold. As he took in all the information he could. Looking on at the beast that was about to wake up. Ghost would smile as one would say he had a plan. Just as he looked on at Theos. Heeding the words of Red and listening to what Theos said as well. Ghost would them say out loud. " Say, let us just get the item and be on our way. I may not look it but I can match a Fanails at top speed. That means I can move across walks or move as if I teleported. To be honest, I have felt a strange ruhk ever since I got here. But it was not of the monsters. Maybe it Vine or something else altogether. But this place many people have taken the chance to attack first. No, we will awaken the Hydra and simply speak to it."

As he looked to Theos that voice would be in his head again. As he would then say out loud. " I hear a voice in my head I never heard that voice before. It just might be that or my imagination altogether, Theos. Allow me to go first. Because even if I was to be killed. This curse blood of Mine's will simply awaken me again." Just as he said that he would walk up to the Hydra so close that he could touch one of it's heads. Then he would say to it." Why are you sleeping when your precious treasure is on the verge of being taken?" He would say that with a cool level voice to it.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The magician felt a bit like a child when Hyperion released her grasp on his sleeve instead of holding her hand before walking. It felt different, she could feel the warmth from the man's hand and made her wonder if that was what you were supposed to feel like when your parents held your hand. She tagged along and walked together. Noir raised an eyebrow upon hearing another whisper, she didn't understand it... "Hyperion" She would call her companion's name softly, "Did you hear the whispers?" She wanted to make sure while looking around her as if she was trying to find the source, even though she knew she wouldn't be able to find it.

Red seemed to always be there in the right moment as he once again acted like a host of this escaping a labyrinth event. As the cyclops explained what he smelled from the three paths, Noir would wonder about it. What was different from those paths... would the one with the Salt scent lead them to the ocean? But what about the granite and clay scented paths... Well, it's better to discuss it together with Hyperion. He might have some knowledge or an idea on those scents.

Once they decided, they would walk forward to their chosen path.

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion could make out the distinct smells, that of the ocean, that of masonry and something he wasn't quite familiar with. Hyperion was fully aware of the voice inside his head, but he would purposefully lie to his companion. "I don't hear anything, except you walking beside me."

It was clear that these voices weren't helpful, and even if he couldn't tune it out, he could properly place his trust in his companion instead of these whispers.

Realizing Noir's hesitation, he would try to lead the pack. "Lets head this way. This scent is the one I feel most... at ease with." Making the choices quickly and thinking that everything up to this moment had been quite easy... he had grown a little paranoid, keeping his eyes peeled for anything that seemed out of place.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The path in which Noir and Hyperion traveled twisted and turned. The straight paths seemed to vanish among all the turns they took. Their snaking journey would be accompanied by Red, who was accompanying them for the moment.  His little feet would scurry, he was a fast walker, but he also needed to be diligent.

Thankfully, the journey would reach its destination, they weren't on a path any longer, yet it did not seem to be the center of the maze. It seems they walked into an abandoned home, a small chateau of granite and marble. Its' rough had been caved in, the stone showing weathering on it as beauty marks. While it was a dusty, dismal, desolate diggings where the fields were barren, the well just sitting outside had run dry. Mute muddied colors were all that could be seen, except a bright shine that peaked through the rubble of the house.

Approaching it they would be able to make out its' shape, it was a silver bound rectangle. It was a book, a finely carved one at that in a language most wouldn't be able to make out. Thankfully, Noir with her knowledge would be able to see what it said. The book which they found was labeled The Importance of Salt in Modern society.

Red, knowingly would have to leave them, as he needed to go help the others. In the corner of his eye, he would see someone approaching them. Behind the house stumbled a creature who shook the earth. Its' eyes were pitch as the night and its' body smelled of rotting marrow and fatty tissue. The resident nearby would stare at them in wonderment. He was captivated, snorting at the two who were at his home. In his hand, he held a granite tablet and a piece of chalk.

Vine: The Odyssey (Main Hall-Necropolis)  - Page 2 E523f2a0d71eb3a02c675a3180fb3dec6e28158f

The Cyclops had moved back onto the other pair. When he returned they began their prep to deal with the hydra. Its eight mighty heads would let out puffs of dead flora.  Towering above them all it would let out two attacks to start the exchange. First, it would out a Billowing Bane, causing venomous clouds to fog the floor around them. Secondly, it would aim for the bird in the air with its Snarling Snaps. Quick and effective was its number one strategy.

With its attacks though, it made sure to stay by the tree in which it guarded. The mighty beast made sure to stay back from the torches on the walls it made its' attacks.

Red could only help but look. The hydra was an efficient killer but that wasn't what was scaring him. The maze was now trembling further than ever before, as the ground became to warp and warble beneath the contestant's feet. Even on the other side of the maze Noir and Hyperion could feel it. The source could not be found, one thing was certain, however. The maze walker was going to appear.

DM notes: Noir and Hyperion, you make backtrack or you may choose to explore further. Staying has its own plot potentialities

Ghost and Theos: Poison clouds filling the ground, Hydra attempting to eat Zeus.

3/5 Of Survival done

Hydra:

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Without a second thought Zeus flew higher into the air to avoid any interaction with the Hydra. He began circling the tree and eight headed beast. Theos watched on as purple plumes of smoke began creeping out of its mouth. "Ghost!" Theos shouted out not knowing exactly what to expect. Theos drew his blade. "Zeus you know what to do!" A mighty screech was let out as lightning began leaking from the stormwings body and eventually its wings, before it beat its wings and fired three Feathers at 3 of the hydras 8 heads. One of which was lightning induced.

Theos, using the magic carpet in his bag, took off into the air. Right before he did Theos could feel the ground begin to rumble, as if it hungered for something. "Guess this came in handy after all." Something caught the attention of Theos. The Hydra stayed tight to the tree making especially sure to stay away from the torches that hung off the walls of the labyrinth. "Red did mention make every action decisively with burning passion. Maybe I can lure the Hydra away using those flames." Theos said to himself in the calmest of manners. "Keep the big fella busy Zeus. I have a idea!"

Theos guided the carpet away from the Hydra towards the torches. As quickly as he could Theos grabbed two torches from the wall and flew back towards the Hydra. He made sure to stay just out of range of any possible attacks until he could properly see if his hunch was right. Theos threw one of the torches in the direction of the Hydra to gauge its reaction.

*Used Mr. Carpet

Stamina/Magoi Tracker:
Abilites Used:

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As Ghost held his left hand up. He would quickly grab his Stave. Just as the Hydra was getting up. It did not want to listen to its masters clearly. This put a smile on his face. As Ghost soon would active his Speed Of Ghost:Mercury A move in which he could move as nearly as fast as a fast fanails if not faster. In a blink of an eye. Ghost was now out way of the Hydra purple plumes. As he looked on Ghost would say "You poor unfortunate soul, we offer you a chance at peace with us and you dare declare war. Alright, watch how we win and good old fashion.' Just as he said that he would be running around the walls of the large room. Looking at the hydra beings trying to attack Zeus. That is when Ghost started to cover his ears. As the sound of electric. Ring close by him. His magic tool would have taken effect.

Right by the Hydra Ghost would look up to see Zeus was out of range hopefully. As it started to take effect. The noise would ring out and thus without no way to cover up well to the knowledge of Ghost. This Hydra was going to feel a bit air sick. As Siren Lullaby as it's sound wave was twice as large as the beast. Ghost would then start to race up the wall as he made an effort to go after the treasure. As he would call out to Theos, " Do not hear that sound."

Notes
Ghost Magoi 460/370
Stamina 100/100

Siren's lullaby:

Speed Of Ghost:Mercury
Tier: A
Class: Magician
Type: supplementary
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: The User must have some form of electricity.
Scaling: Duration
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 4
Cost: 40/20
Description:

The user will engulf himself with lightning magic. This magical lightning coat will allow him to move at A-tier speed comparable to that of a Fanalis, The character can now move like a blur across short distances and move fast enough to run along walls. so long as he is covered within this coat of lightning. This ability lasts for 4 posts.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The path that they chose lead them to an abandoned home, Noir would stay still on her spot, being cautious. But something caught her eyes and as she took several steps forward to figure out, she would be able to see a book. It seemed like a Torran Language book and the magician was able to read the label, “The Importance of Salt in Modern Society.” She was curious about it and she would take more steps so she could see the book better. But before that she would ask Hyperion about it, “What do you think it meant? Maybe it had something to do with the path we chose?”

Haku would growl softly as he sniffed another creature’s scent and when the black haired girl wanted to address it, she would see Red had another matter that he needed to attend. Not long after that, she would be able to see a creature, with horns on its head that looks similar like a bull coming from behind the house. The earth was shaking but the magician was able to maintain her balance. She wondered if the creature was the master of the house, but her eyes was the same as the creature’s. There was a wonderment within Noir’s eyes and curious mind. The creature was holding a granite tablet and a piece of chalk, making the magician assumed that it was like a drawing tablet. “Hello, we apologize for coming unannounced to your home. But we would love to borrow the book.”

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion was surprised at how Noir was able to understand the foreign characters. "What? How can you read that?" Now that he thought about it, this book could be taken as a hint to to the salty, smelling path.

Hey, why don't you take a look before we head back. Maybe there's something useful in there. Hyperion would watch her as she asked the dungeon beast for the permission.

He seemed to think about mercy and brutality. How merciful Noir was.... So perhaps he should become her brutality. But perhaps such action could be postponed a little while longer. "My name is Hyperion, little one, and what's yours?" Glancing at the tablet and chalk to see there was anything written down.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"M-ma-muh-magnificent shot Z-zeus! Red would cheer on for the avian combatant.

The three feathers would slice cleanly through the air, whistling in their clean flight which would cut into the hydra's neck. One of the necks would dodge, another head would be slightly severed. The flesh at the second head would begin to bubble. A stump would form branching out into another head from forced growth. Now with another snarling head the beast would let out a blood-curdling screech as it would lose another. The charged quill would manage to cauterize the flesh as it at way at the creature's wound like dry leaves.

Before it had the chance to retaliate it would be confronted on two more fronts. Ghost had sped through to try and avoid the gas clouds for a bit. While dashing he had blasted a flare of light at the creature's heads, The spell would disorient most of the heads, however, the ones fully extended out were more than far enough to avoid its gaze. They would sadly, be caught startled by the flames of a torch.

Backing up the creature would use Dripping Maw and Billowing Bane together to create an extra dangerous cloud. There was more than enough space for the gas to fill the room and there was already the previous cloud in their way. While it left them to deal with that it would prepare to use Cowards Curl.

"Kuh-keep it up, your puh-passion is cuh-close to h-home" Red would bleat out to them.

There wasn't much for him to say at this point, he could only observe these ongoing challenges.

In the residence of the young minotaur, Hyperion and Noir would find the creature providing them with genuine kindness. It would show a starry-eyed glare twinkling with a thousand questions. It would beam with jubilation as he had the chance to offer his tablet. The writing on it was simple, it was in the Torran language as well it would simply say the same line in repetition several times. The slab simply read "My name is Ajax"

The book, if Noir chose to read into further would talk about salts' importance for preserving food, their place in trade. It discussed further how salt was a powerful tool for destroying an enemy's fields as well to prevent the growth of future crops. During this brief moment, Hyperion would find himself preoccupied as well, as Ajax would tug on his shirt saying "Daddy?"

It was at this moment, that Red would arrive, however, he wasn't the only one. The maze walker, the mighty Asterios would appear as a shadow standing in the exit. The dark mass growing, and growing until the visage would be realized and he would be standing before them. He was four meters tall with a great angry grin. The beast was blocking their exit, staring at them with eyes blacker than ash.

Vine: The Odyssey (Main Hall-Necropolis)  - Page 2 2dc9a42bea5011ae4bd32b84b96dc13d

Red would mutter to them both "The Mu-mu-m-muh-maze wauh-warden."

It carried no weapons in its grip, and despite its' demeanor, the creature did not raise a fist. Its' brow was a cliff of ruffled sable fur with golden highlight. His left horn had been replaced with what seemed to be a magic tool, the belt he wore as well. If Noir paid attention to the Rukh she would notice the Rukh around the minotaur's horn trembled in the same way the Rukh of Vine's did.

"I am Asterios... and you are in my home... what do you offer" his voice would shake the earth even more than his steps. Red could only ponder as the whispers began to stir, to creep up on everyone, no one would be deaf to their unintelligible ramblings.

Dm notes: Ghost and Theos: The Gas cloud is the size of most of the room Running away from it isn't gonna be easy however I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you might be trying to fly or getting a position above the gas clouds however so he is aiming for both of you to try and fill the space between while following up with a defense

Noir/Hyperion: Ajax has joined your party, Asterios the maze walker has appeared, how do you proceed?

Round 4/5 The final round to start the next post.

Hydra:

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Theos eyes widened as there might be a away to draw the Hydra from the tree it had lost a head, but quickly gained another. The fire however was vital. Theos would have to take a chance. Either set the tree on fire or keep the torch close and try to retrieve the item, keeping both the tree and Hydra standing. Ghost attack had worked in stunning majority of the heads leaving only 3 left to guard the item. Theos reacted quickly by guiding the carpet towards the tree just above the plumes of toxic gases.

Zeus took notice and followed suit. Once more lightning quickly began to leak from his body and charged in his wings. Zeus fired of another 3 feathers at the remaining heads, as Theos got closer to the tree he held the torch infront of him to keep the hydra off of him. Moon Piercer sat next to him ready to be used at a moments notice. Just before reaching the tree he would throw the torch towards the Hydra as a security blanket. Theos flew straight into the upper branches of the tree bobbing and weaving each branch until the shimmer of gold and silver could be seen. After losing sight of Theos in the tree Zeus made a byline for the solitary oak. The seasoned combat pilot made sure he was on the opposite side of the tree behind the Hydra.

Theos had no time to think he moved purely off of instinct. Adrenaline keeping his attention focused with blinders on the prize. Using his hand now free hand Theos reached out to the item and firmly grabbed it. Securing in his bag and grabbing his weapon Theos came crashing through the branches, however Zeus was there swooping up grabbing Theos with his massive talons and pulling back up into the air. With a sigh of Relief. "Zeus. This is probably the most exciting thing we've ever done."

Stamina/Magoi Tracker:
Abilites Used:

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he looked on he would give a smile as he usually does. Ghost would watch as Theos and Zeus goes for the kill. But then realized that it was the treasure. Now as he would look at the beast. It was starting to release yet another attack. However, Ghost was not going to just kill over. As he looked up he would zoom half into the gas. As his Borg would active." this was strong enough to hurt me, how sad. But now I need to know your past. I need to know how to make you ours." Soon he would take out another magic tool. As his last one had done its job. Faces Of Fortune his tarot cards. Soon Ghost would start to zoom around the beast. As he did that he would lunch the cards at it.

Soul Gazer was now going to be cast upon the beast. " Now then show me what I need to know about you and in return. I will show you a future where leaving with us is best for you." just as he did that he would wait for the results to come to him.

Spoiler:

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir couldn't help but to feel that the creature was very cute, especially the way its eyes twinkled with curiosity. The magician would notice the wiring on the tablet,  quickly learning his name is Ajax. "Ah...it seems Ajax is his name." She whispered to Hyperion. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Ajax." The girl would greet the minotaur before reading the salt book. She would find some important uses of salt, especially when they could be useful to destroy enemy's field. She wondered about it and had an idea just now.

But the moment she wanted to share to Hyperion, the man was occupied with the beast who called him daddy. The magician wondered if it was just a coincidence. "Daddy?" She asked.

Not long after that,  a maze warden appeared in the dungeon, specifically in the area where Noir, Haku and Hyperion were in at the moment. When the beast ask about what kind offer they would give to him, Noir thought of something. "I apologize for entering your area without permission.  And also we would like to offer you some of my assistance if you need. Either knowledge or strength."

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion would zero in on the tablet, trying to see what the characters for Ajax were, nodding as he listened to Noirs explanation. He would pat Ajax on the noggin, warmly. "You could say that." The voice behind his lips was twice as saccharine as normal,

Seeing a level of fear from a companion would normally illicit some feelings of horror, but considering Red's relative reaction to everything the dungeon, Hyperion figured he could play it cool for now.

His voice deepened as if naturally adapting to the situation. "Maze warden?" The shrewd man would show some restraint in angering the warden. "Thank for hosting us, Asteiros. We have not meant to trespass, simply taking the guidance of the djinn." Hyperion took a moment to notice the minotaur's expression. "But I can offer you either of these." He would offer a different object in each hand, one would be a single symbolic cicada as if offering his entire swarm, but in his other hand, he would reveal a shard to the minotaur.

"Will these do?"

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"It would've been polite to give your names but your offers are sufficient" he would huff out in response. The minotaur looked down onto the poor child which clung to Hyperion, after a quick glance he would continue to say "The world will take from you, squeeze and drain all your hold dear for nature does not understand Mercy. That was our tool, it was a creation of sentience to ease the pain we cannot understand, which we cannot escape. We must know when to be human, and when to be like nature."

With the minotaur minor monologue done he would grasp the hand of Hyperion which held his swarm. Then with his open hand, he would grab Noir's hand. For a moment the rukh would calm between the three of them. "From you undead, I take your allies, and from you kind mage I take your strength" he would say in a solemn gruff tone. As soon as his lips parted the last word they would feel their offers be taken away. Hyperions swarm would follow the single husk, guiding towards the Minotaur, Noir would feel her strength weaken to a feeble state. While she could move the power she held was temporarily gone.

"Your offerings will be returned, for this is another trial, you may call them back at any moment before the challenge ends but if you do I shall come with them. You will find this a moment in which you will grow exponentially. Now let me send you on your way" Asterios would say offering a simple smirk.

After the Warden's last words he would close his right hand into a fist, his horn of metal would begin to glow and radiate with power. Red knew what was coming and he did not like it, for the maze began to move. The earth beneath Noir and Hyperion's feet would grasp them, stretching up to their lower body until it was a firm hand of stone. Their earthen shackles would shoot back, rising into the air until the walls around them began to hold on, it would form a catapult of all the rock around them. With a great fling, they would be tossed all the way towards the center of the maze, with Ajax clinging to Hyperion.

While that pair would fly to exit, Red would move to go help the two battling the hydra. For once the minotaurs magic was in effect the whole maze began to raise, with the center becoming a mighty tip upon the tower.

Red would as Ghost and Theos would continue to bombard the mighty hydra. "W-we-we g-uh-gotta hurry!" Red would scream out.

The hydra would lose two of its' heads from Theos feathers but the third head would follow up. It would try and Bite Theos with another one of its snaps, with dripping maw still in effect. The clouds were more than enough to blind the bird but his feathers protected him from the gas from seeping in without a solid bite.

In that moment of confusion, the hydra would rear back in fear of the flames, its defense being interrupted by the flames and sleeping heads. Ghost would feel his borg start to take damage, it would be pushed to its brink, a hit just strong enough would destroy it, thankfully his gamble had pulled off. The cards of fortune would reveal the past of the Hydra to the magician.

The image of a dead hydra, burned way by what seemed to a swarm of angry human shadows. The flames seemed to flicker forever, angry crowns of those who wished to wipe him out. How their torches carried on into the long night while they hunted him down. The young hydra hid beneath stone as he saw his family burned away as they tried to heal, as they tried to live on and save their young. The beast could not cry, but it held back whimpers, holding them back till sleep eventually would come.

"It's okay, they're gone now" a voice would say. With the morning sun appeared the visage of a savior, a woman with hair of serpents.

The memory would end, and they would be left with if they wished to finish the creature if they wished to take his treasure in which he held dear. They would not have much time for a decision, as the maze turned into a mountain. Overhead they would see the pair of Noir and Hyperion tossed towards the center, then running towards them, they would see a raging minotaur.

"I AM ASTERIOS WARDEN OF THIS MAZE, WHAT DO YOU OFFER?!?"

Dm notes: Noir/Hyperion: Noir has lost exceptional strength and Hyperion his swarm, they will return to you in 6 posts. You may choose to call them back earlier at the risk of summoning Asterios

Ghost/TheosThe clouds were not properly dealt with, Theos would fine on Zeus's back and Zeus is fine from one of his traits from damage, but the blind effect would apply to him. Ghost the venom has ate away at your borg it can only take C-tier damage till broken. Hydra only has 1 head that it can control at the moment while the others are incapacitated. Ghost has seen the past knowing fire or intense amounts of heat can prevent the creatures from healing and kill it. Asterios is charging at you at full speed, he will be at you next post.

5/5 NECROPOLIS NEXT POST

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum