You are not connected. Please login or register

Vine: The Odyssey (Main Hall-Necropolis)

+2
Diligence
Solomon's Proxy
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"You are doing good, you can't beat the Djinn but you can give your all..." Noir murmured quietly, encouraging herself as she saw all of her attacks couldn't even touch Vine. She knew she had a very low chance, but she understood what the Djinn meant from the start. Vine had repeated a certain word over and over again, and the magician understand. She had to survive, no matter what, and fight until the end.

Even when a massive magic symbol appeared on top of Vine's head, Noir gripped her staff and axe tightly until her knuckles became pale. She wondered if that was the so called extreme magic, she could feel that it was very strong, very different from any magic she had encountered before. Soon, a giant humanoid statue made from the magic would appear and sent 2 attacks towards Noir. The magician gritted her teeth and sent the water dragon she created prior to clash against the serpent. Noir paid some magoi to return her borg, so it could protect her against the incoming slash directed towards her lower legs, resulting it to crack.

The magician didn't intend to use this item, but she had to give everything she could. So she cracked her black colored earring, using the magoi talisman to restore half of her magoi . Now she was ready to go all out once again, Noir would cast Life Embrace of Death as she pointed her staff towards the statue, wanting to trap it within the slime. The magician cast Lavica Segugio swiftly, scaling it once to attack the statue, possibly covering it on fire as well if ths slime managed to wrap the giant. Just in case, the raven haired girl cast Screeching Lullaby and scaled it twice, using the frequency to destroy her targets.

The magician panted, casting magic simultanously at once made her feel tired, but she had to maintain her concentration. "I won't back down no matter what!" She commanded herself in order to stay focused. Noir wondered how she could get close to Vine, the Djinn was like 100m away from her...

Magoi: 90(+285)/570 => 230
Stamina: 260/260

Battle Notes:
- Sustaining 1x scaled drago cimatico to stop the serpent
- Pay 5 magoi to recover bord and use it to block the slash (A-tier borg remaining)
- Use Slime Magic to wrap the statue
- Casting 1x scaled Lava hound to attack the statue (A-tier damage) and to set the slime on fire so it can set the slime to explode
- Casting 2x scaled Screeching Lulaby worth of A-tier damage to the statue

Skills:

Weapons & Items:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion would see as the light reflected all around the room. It bounced, a great floating sprite of magic that would find itself land back upon its' user. The magic would call the earth upon the Dousa, while she would face no death she would surely face the music. With a taste of her own medicine, the Dousa would become covered in stone. She was not dead but she would not be able to move. In a prison of her own making, Hyperion would be free to do what he wished. The challenge would not fully end for the man however until he left the dark abyss. He would be able to note, the saddened expression on the Dousa's face as the light shone in from the mouth of the cave.

Theos would hear the sharp crack of stone breaking as the blade would slice through his left leg. The rock cracked and sanguine streams would flow forth. As it pooled forth he would see his leg fall. This was not a failure, but it would be a reminder of his own actions. The Dousa respected his choice, but she fought to test them, to push them. She offered Mercy by pushing him to be his best. Theos would see her wave at him before the earth would swallow Theos up.

Noir had met with Djinn's force, the magic in her body was draining rapidly but her blessings, her ingenuity would push her through the challenge. Stone would fall around in great rain. Pattering in a great cascade of sand as the magic she cast would meet with the great stone giant just from its' sheer size. It would be not enough to fell the great creation but it would allow her to survive.

"ENOUGH! Vine's voice would echo. From the djinn's great command the battle from her spell would stop.

Before her, the two challengers would sit, the damaged Theos and the battle-worn Noir. She looked upon them both. She was impressed by their effort, by their fortitude. Vine would stare down the both of them, she had deliberated for a moment before dishing out her decision to them both.

"Theos, you have fought with your life. You do hold Mercy in your heart, you showed that to Dousa, to me. I respect your choice, your kindness. You had brutality but it was not within your own choice but your actions. You are capable, you are worthy but you must have your decisions in your heart. Mercy matters, but Mercy comes from granting a chance, kindness to those against you. Mercy is not just allowing others to live, it is acknowledging the kindness required for change, while brutality is the force required for those beyond redemption."

Vine turned towards Noir and would say"You lacked the strength in your heart when you first started. While your choice of companion often matters, you let him be your blade and that was not what I was testing. While a leader delegates, you must be the one to make the decision of action, to decide when the firm hand must be used. I've seen you grow into your role, you've seen the necessity. You've learned to see that you will need to be harsher, just don't lose the kindness along the way."

As she spoke to them both, she would then say aloud "With these thoughts in mind, I will that my power shall be granted to Noir. Theos, you have proved your worth do not get me wrong, but you do not choose the violence you have used. But you have a good, strong heart, you are worthy of a king but I see that this woman has the growth I look for. Do not be discouraged however, for your effort I offer power, I can rebuild your body stronger than before if you wish to be reborn with the power of those who served me, or I shall grant you the aid necessary to guide, to raise a king, I offer you the permanent guidance of Red if you so wish."

She would allow them to take in what she had said, once they had, once Theos had spoken his mind she would turn to Noir and ask "I will answer one question of your choice before I take my leave if you wish, and please show me the vessel you wish to choose. Feel free to select from my pile of treasure if you wish."

Dm notes: Theos lost his left leg, has choice between a Dungeon beast form or Red as a Plot NPC

Hyperion- Your challenge is not over till you walk out, then you shall know if you've won the reward

Noir- Congrats, you won, pick your vessel choice.

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion found relief from the stone and then looked upon Dousa once more. It was clear that this was the trial of Mercy as he had been in the same area as Theos. But for some reason... he had realized his propensity for evil. And he would have to separate from Noir... just as he had hid the death of Diana from Noir. He would end this dungeon the same as the last with the disdain of the djinn.

He recalled the gift that the shard had bestowed upon him for sacrificing Diana to the dungeon of Ipos, a corpse to never be seen again. From the glow of light magic earlier, he recalled the location of one of the weapons in the arena, which he would used to plunge into Dousa's intenstines through the rock with his strength.

He would carefully carve through the stone as best as he could, as the stone would leak blood, peeling and carving the flesh from the snake woman. Sacrificing his chance at winning this trial but realizing who he truly was.

The Skin Thief, Flesh Tailor:

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Theos grit his teeth as the blade cracked through his stone encased leg. No more words were spoken by Theos upon being swallowed by the earth and appearing before Vine. He sat there silent staring at his missing leg. Theos sighed deeply removing his cloak, ripping it, and bandaging his leg. Zeus rushed over to Theos reaching him in the blink of a eye. The stormwing nudged Theos checking over him and attempting to pick him up. Using Zeus as a crutch Theos stood up and looked at Vine. He listened intently to the Djinns words. When her decision was finally made, Theos, he gripped Zeus and looked towards the ground. A wave of disappointment washed over him. Questions flooded his mind, yet he remained silent.

When the options to be turned into a Beast of Vines kingdom or free Red from this place was present, Theos remained silent. Zeus however looked towards Red looking him in the eyes. The decision was made to free Red, but Theos was currently battling his own thoughts. Zeus knew what decision would be made because he knew Theos. The normally nonchalant Fanalis fought back tears. Within his own mind he felt that it was all for nothing. Zeus felt his masters anguish and wrapped his wing around him, so none could see Theos' pain. Again Zeus would motion to Red.

"I am ready to leave this place."

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir tried to catch her breath after Vine stopped the fight,  her knees felt weak but she used her staff to help her stand still, refusing to give in until her body itself decided to rest by sitting on the ground. She survived the fight against the Djinn, against an extreme magic. That was a fact and perhaps an achievement that nobody else had yet to experience. The magician noticed that Theos, the other challenger, would be sitting beside her, but Hyperion was nowhere to be seen.

Meanwhile, Haku would rush towards his master before sitting next to her. His ruby eyes looked worried, but he was relieved that Noir survived. As the Djinn announced the winner, the magician’s eyes widened. She wanted this and there was a relief that she could feel within her heart. After what happened at Ipos and Kina, which made her feel that she was not up for it, she managed to redeem herself… and this was the result of her hard work. The girl could only bite her lips, trying to hold back the tears. No words could come out from her lips, there was a surge of emotion within herself and she didn’t know how to handle it.

“I…” She took a deep breath before wiping her tears with the back of her hand. “Thank you for granting me your power. I will always remember your words and I promise, I won’t lose my kindness.”

As the Djinn gave her permission to ask a question, there was only one thing she had in mind. Something that left unanswered everytime she asked ask about it… “I kept getting the vision about the crack in the sky with dark hands … and every time the darkness came, destruction always followed . I wish to know about that.”

After Noir got her answer, she would be looking at the pile of treasure within Vine’s chamber. She would find something that caught her attention and… she thought it would be perfect. It would symbolize a cycle, wholesomeness and infinite possibilities. “This.” She would lift up the item she chose, showing it to Vine. “This would suit you.”

Vine: The Odyssey (Main Hall-Necropolis)  - Page 5 61qONT4re1L._AC_SX466_

She could only hope that Vine would like the ring, not only that, she hoped Dantalion and Vine could get along together although she had no idea how the Djinn could communicate with each other while they were resting within their own designated vessel.

The magician would then notice Theos’ leg and she would call the man, “Excuse me.” Noir would say, “Please allow me to heal your leg, if you wish.”

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Hyperion would peel back, acquiring his gift, or stealing it from the Medusa. It was gruesome, it seemed that he took his time in it but the challenge would not end until he had left the cave. Upon acquiring his new suit he would notice there was a power to it already, the skin had its use as awful as he was. Upon leaving the darkness of his recluse he would arrive to see Noir acquiring her vessel. Vine had looked at Hyperion with a bit of disappointment, Commanding the Earth to swallow Hyperion's body from the Neck up separating it from his head.

"I Know you'll be able to survive that undead, I see the bizarre magic the clings to and commands your body, that is not the power Solomon but the will Illah's magic whether you realize it or not" she would say, turning to Noir to continue. "That my King, or should I say Queen, is connected to that truth you ask for. The world had once belonged to Illah, the god and father of the world. He blessed a man, but the man came corrupt with power, that man corrupted god in turn, and Solomon, the son of that man named David stood up against him. The world fell in Illah, in god's wrath but Solomon took over the world order, but his will in place of the dark rukh which reigned before. As the new world pushed on darkness came creeping in, a savior came forth to try and bring about change but he failed. In time, darkness came from heaven just like before. Just like in the past, millions had died under the suffocating dark grip as those in command struggled to push you all to your world, to your new safe haven from what goes bump in the night."

With those last words, Vine would command with her hand for a great platform to lift and take those left out. They would be free to collect their treasure but they would not be free to stay here. Vine would glow, entering into the ring that Noir had chosen. Just like that, they had gone through Vine, which had grown into their new selves for the most part. Now they just needed to help each other get out.

Dm Notes: Hyperion, you failed the challenge and lost the artifact you would've won, you have acquired the Dousa Skin which is holding all of your stuff like a bag since you are just a head at the moment, Noir should be able to carry you back keep in mind you can great limbs with your magic ;) This is my last post dungeon is over once you all exit.
Hyperion's Reward:

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion had left the cave to the reality that Noir had successfully championed the dungeon, just as he had envisioned. A power that she earned on her own, unlike his own power that was gifted. There was a sort of jealousy that tinged the slavers thoughts, which were cut off quite literally. As his body was taken by the earth, the head would eventually roll over.

Hyperion would exert his magoi from his crown. The vessels and arteries would form, and extend downward, forming the aorta and shaping into a pumping heart as fleshy mixture of muscles and flesh, soaked with the crimson vital fluid. The chest would form as the skin sealed off his visceral organs. Then as he focused through the strain of regrowing his chest, he would regrow each of his limbs grunting, straining and moaning until completion.

He laid down on the floor weakened, passively hearing the information from Vine regarding Illah. Hyperion would roll over onto his back, completely nude.He would manage the fragment of a smirk and gave her a weakened thumbs up to acknowledge her victory, needing her help to make it out with Ajax and the fleshbag.

Magoi: 340

All sources of damage to double damage to the Revenant Lord but because of this they can reattach limbs for free, and create new limbs from corpses or animated earth for 20 magoi.

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Red, with a smile, approached Theos and Zeus. He understood Theos' frustration and responded with a pat on his back. Now not able to hide his face Theos gave the cyclops and forced grin.

"I h-have a-a-a feeling y-y-o-you'll ch-challenge a-a-an-another soon."

Theos felt the words to be true and would grab Red's shoulder to stand up. Zeus started to coo as to tell Theos to be careful. The now crippled fanalis said nothing to the black haired Mage. Only a blank stare met her question.

"I don't want your pity. Nor do it need it."

Envy? Jealousy? Or had he finally understood the feelings of Red when he'd fallen. Too struggle to the bitter end for it to all be for not. It felt like a punishment, or even a curse, however Theos would treat this as a lesson. On this day he would lose kindness for those who he struggled against.

[Exit]

Last edited by Diligence on 17/03/22, 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Before she could hear Vine's answer, she would be surprised seeing Vine attacked Hyperion, brutally separating his head from his body but merciful enough to let him leave. The Djinn mentioned about bizarre magic and Noir didn't know what happened in the challenge. The man did kept his promise by surviving, but there was something different. The blood on his body and the black rukh fluttering sent a shiver to Noir's spine.

After Vine answered Noir's question, the magician would decide on what she want to do next. She wanted to find out more about the black rukh. The best option for now would be to go back to Magnostadt perhaps, she might be able to find something that could help her in her search.

Then as soon as Vine residing herself inside the ring, Noir would wear it and stare at it for a second. It felt surreal that she received another power, but she would make a great use to it. But when Theos refused her offer, Noir couldn't help but to only nod. She didn't want to say anything, no comforting words would be enough for Theos at the moment. She could only hope that one day that path can cross again. But she would say to Red to take care of himself before she went to Hyperion who was...naked. Noir wondered if the man grew his own limb, but with magic, everything could be possible. "Hello, Hyperion." She would greet him, "Thank you for surviving." She said, praising him before leaning down to kiss his cheek. The magician had some questions for the man but it could wait until they get out from the dungeon.

Noir would pick Hyperion's and put him on Haku's back, she would pick up a skin like bag that was holding all of the man's items before finally exiting the dungeon.

[EXIT]

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The man was already feeling his strength. Noir's gratitude made him reconsider his decision of diverging his path from hers, but his mind was made up. What was most interesting was Vine's information, now that he could spend some mental resources on something other than his health.

He would separate from Noir, urging her to continue outward and that he'll be behind shortly. He'll do something similar to what he did in Ipos, using a shard when he had killed one of the mercenaries he had hired.

Hyperion craved to assimilate the power of the dungeon, and his greatest doubt was his lack of protection. While he had been able to survive, he had been put into a weakened state. Ideally, he'd at least have a chance to repel such attacks. The image that would come to mind was the borg, as he would embrace the life of a magician, being a polar opposite to that of Noir, but cut from the same cloth. He wanted to become more like Noir whom he had admired but still wanted to be separate and apart from her. As he realized his wishes, goals and ambitions he would crush a shard in the palm of his hand as he rested in a pile of remaining salt, as if about to be purified in a ritual.

Then he thought about the powers of vine herself and his own weaponry that had been implanted into his neck and had replaced his vocal chords, an additional factor came into his mind. If he could have a second weapon that would always be at his side would be useful, especially if he would begin to master these abilities. If he could replace his vocal chords, he desired a form that would always be accessible. Then he recalled something that was always with him no matter what. The cursed spider mark that was on the back of his neck... perhaps a tattoo or even flesh... A magic tool of flesh, was such a thing even possible? It was worth finding out, it was worth knowing what this fragment that seemed quite connected to the chaos Vine had mentioned, was able to do.

[Popping two shards.]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Eight cracked his shards he would feel the blessing of the borg, and earth clung upon it casting a great spell. While there was nothing to defend from it would show him the feeling, the power that came with a magician's blessing. If he was wise he would use that knowledge to learn more of a borgs power. That aside with a borg spell in his arsenal he had another mark of Vine. The upheaval from it would stir up the treasures of the room, his second shard, the second blessing of fate lead him to a strange piece of parchment. A tattoo seeped into the skin if placed on bare flesh, yet it seemed to radiate the power of magic. It was a weapon similar to the designs of beasts made by Vine. With that, he would need to leave, even Red would have left with Theos, giving a wave goodbye.

Code:
[spoiler="Eight's New Ability"][center][b]Borg Al-Hijab Vine[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] Omega
[b]Class:[/b] Magician
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive/Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Self/Long
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must command the rukh by opening up both arms while directing the rukh.
[b]Scaling:[/b] None
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] Once Per Thread
[b]Cost:[/b] 100 Magoi
[b]Description:[/b]
[list] Using the power of the rukh and a borg spell the magician consciously brings forth their borg restoring the racial borg spell. The borg is infused with earth magic, attracting all earthen materials within 100m to form a super-dense shell of grave dirt that the user can slam into a target to do A-tier damage. Any earth magic spell caught within the spell's reach adds onto the borgs size with its dimensions.[/list][/spoiler]

[spoiler="8's Shard Weapon"][center][img]https://www.cuded.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Snake-Tattoo-1.jpg[/img][/center]
[b]Name:[/b] Skin of the Serpent Demigod
[b]Tier:[/b] A-tier
[b]Type:[/b] Magic Skin Implant
[b]Magic Type:[/b] Earth
[b]Appearance:[/b] Taking the form of a semi-flexible metal that absorbs into flesh after removing two layers of parchment. The snake's eye holds a magic symbol with the whole implant being 36cm centimeters in length being able to be placed on any part of the body. The strange material is a near-black indigo-violet.
[b]Function:[/b]
[list]
[*]The Serpents Den- For 10 magoi | 5 magoi to sustain the user activates the earth magic in their tool to draw forth salt from the body to the surface of the skin along with salt in nearby minerals giving the user skin and flesh of hard salt rock. Upon their body rests 8 snakes of the stone each of which can stretch up to 8m and have D-tier item durability. The snakes act as a bodily weapon dealing A-tier damage and can be used with body manipulator abilities/register standard body manipulator abilities.
[/list][/spoiler]

Eight's New Ability:

8's Shard Weapon:

Theos code of red:

Code:
[spoiler="Theos code of red"][center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/53/88/9e/53889ee0d8e908142db475e848143623.jpg[/img][/center]
[b]Name:[/b] Red (Kokkinomati)
[b]Tier:[/b] A-tier
[b]Damage Required to Defeat:[/b] A-tier
[b]Description:[/b] Red was born in the old world serving under the mighty Vine. He was peaceful by that learned to use his natural strength and abilities to protect his people. The young man stands at 156cm tall with hair eggshell white and an eye blood red. He carries himself with a nervous demeanor but has a good and honest heart. He is loyal, doing whatever he can to help lead someone to greatness.
[b]Weapons:[/b] An A-tier club 2m in length
[b]Traits:[/b] [spoiler="Traits"][b]Trait Name:[/b] Exceptional Speed
[b]Trait Tier:[/b] A
[b]Trait Requirement:[/b] Must be Human or a Magician with a secondary combat class.  
[b]Trait Description:[/b] Through excessive training, the character has reached a level of speed that exceeds the average human.
[b]Trait Effect:[/b]The character can now move like a blur across short distances and move fast enough to run along walls. They can maintain this speed for hours. At this level they are equal to a B-tier fanalis in speed.

[b]Trait Name:[/b] Exceptional Speed
[b]Trait Tier:[/b] A
[b]Trait Requirement:[/b] Must be Human or a Magician with a secondary combat class.  
[b]Trait Description:[/b] Through excessive training, the character has reached a level of speed that exceeds the average human.
[b]Trait Effect:[/b]The character can now move like a blur across short distances and move fast enough to run along walls. They can maintain this speed for hours. At this level they are equal to a B-tier fanalis in speed.

[b]Trait Name:[/b] The Rage of Kokkinomati
[b]Trait Tier:[/b] A-tier
[b]Trait Requirement:[/b] Plot Trait
[b]Trait Description:[/b] Born from the rage and shame to protect others Red has a magical form when those he loves are in danger. Through the power of Vine's magic long ago he grows into his true power.
[b]Trait Effect:[/b] When the player partner of Red takes near-fatal damage (B-tier damage or A-tier damage that doesn't kill) Red's blood rage activates causing him to grow 50m in size dealing A-tier damage to anything caught within his growth. Once triggered this effect lasts for four posts. This trait will upgrade to Omega once the user has acquired a Metal Vessel or Household that has been trained to its second stage.

[b]Trait Name:[/b] Pack Mule
[b]Trait Tier:[/b] C-tier
[b]Trait Requirement:[/b] NPC
[b]Trait Description:[/b] This NPC carries things for their partner in order to lessen their load.
[b]Trait Effect:[/b] This Npc can hold 1 weapon and 1 tool for its player taking it away from their item and weapon count, must be swapped out.
[/spoiler]
[b]Abilities:[/b]
[list]
[*] Guiding Steps- Red uses a natural command of earth magic to create floating rock platforms, up to 4 of them 3m in diameter, they can be moved anywhere within 30m of Red.

[*] Quaking Roar- The cyclops begins to speak nervously letting out a roar eventually in a 30m diameter. Anything caught within the burst takes B-tier damage to their eardrums and is disoriented for 3 posts.

[*] Intercepting Earth- Red commands the earth at a point 20m away from him, it summons a rock wall 3m tall and 2m wide that blocks incoming damage up to A-tier.

[*] Grand Slam- Red picks up a rock the size of his current palm, 15cm or 5m in giant form, he hits the rock at a target up to 60m away, the rock strikes them doing A-tier damage.

[*] Red's Rage- Red trashes around with intense force knocking away anyone near him, anyone knocked away finds their body stressed making the body weak to move for 3 posts slowing B-tier and lower movement speeds to D-tier and cutting A-tier down to B-tier.
[/list][/spoiler]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum