You are not connected. Please login or register

Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi Empty Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 05/11/17, 03:07 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

D rank:

C rank:

Last edited by Knuckles Shi on 12/11/17, 12:25 am; edited 7 times in total

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

All: Your abilities need some form of scaling, maybe damage for every magoi or increase in effect.

Enhanced Attack: Abilities are already strong enough to break through basic actions. Also since this is an offensive ability you would need to list that it does damage. And what type of attack are you specifically using i, how are you doing it. Maybe something like a horizontal slash or something similar.

Block: Defensive abilities block damage up to their tier not a tier higher. Normally blocks work against certain types of damage like slashing, piercing blunt or etc. But this is an object you're using to block so it would be able to block most things as long as its logical, per example it wouldn't be able to block something like a gas. Also how exactly do you block, do you raise your sword in a certain way, its good to describe how an ability is performed while trying to avoid fluff.

Focus: A warrior would not be able to make themselves perceive things faster with a supplementary ability. Warriors d o physical things involving themselves, their weapon or possibly the environment. But altering your sense like that would require you to be a body manip. A good example of a supplementary movement for a warrior is a movement ability.

Rage punch: The concept for the ability is nice and the drawback is an interesting one. But even if its the name you have to detail the type of attack in which your doing and how. Its also important to include how much damage the attack does.

Parry: Since this is a defensive ability all you'd be able to is block/stop incoming damage. Dong damage or returning a strike would make it a an offensive ability.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi OJgAYLo

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Merrze wrote:All: Your abilities need some form of scaling, maybe damage for every magoi or increase in effect

Enhanced Attack: Abilities are already strong enough to break through basic actions. Also since this is an offensive ability you would need to list that it does damage. And what type of attack are you specifically using i, how are you doing it. Maybe something like a horizontal slash or something similar.

Block: Defensive abilities block damage up to their tier not a tier higher. Normally blocks work against certain types of damage like slashing, piercing blunt or etc. But this is an object you're using to block so it would be able to block most things as long as its logical, per example it wouldn't be able to block something like a gas. Also how exactly do you block, do you raise your sword in a certain way, its good to describe how an ability is performed while trying to avoid fluff.

Focus: A warrior would not be able to make themselves perceive things faster with a supplementary ability. Warriors d o physical things involving themselves, their weapon or possibly the environment. But altering your sense like that would require you to be a body manip. A good example of a supplementary movement for a warrior is a movement ability.

Rage punch: The concept for the ability is nice and the drawback is an interesting one. But even if its the name you have to detail the type of attack in which your doing and how. Its also important to include how much damage the attack does.

Parry: Since this is a defensive ability all you'd be able to is block/stop incoming damage. Dong damage or returning a strike would make it a an offensive ability.
Types:

There are three types of abilities. Offensive, Defensive, and Supplementary. You may combine these types freely, however if you do the potency of each types aspect in the ability must be lowered.

Offensive - Anything that damages an opponent.

Defensive - Abilities that block or parry attacks.

Which is it?

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

It is both.

Parry: Your ability is currently listed as Defensive. As such, it cannot have a damage dealing component. If you would like it to deal damage, you need to change the type of ability to "Offensive/Defensive"

If you do this, however, you reduce the potency of each component. You would be able to block a D-tier attack, then counter attack for D-tier damage.

Finally, sustain does not increase the number of counter attacks. That's a form of scaling. Sustain allows you to utilize an ability across multiple posts, or "recast" it multiple times in a turn.

Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi GHN16xD

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Bump

Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi YVYVcOy

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

All of your abilities besides rage punch are still missing how much damage they do in the description and all the defensive ones need how much damage they can block in the description.

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Bump

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Focus: Warriors cant increase their movement speed via adrenaline production, that would be something for a body manipulator.

Parry: In the description you should have it say that you parry an attack by knocking the incoming attack to the side.

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Warriors can use Things from Martial arts, controlling Adrenaline is part of many forms of Martial arts

Parrying

Parrying is one of the ways a Strength specialization character uses a defensive technique. Unlike a Magician's Borg, which blocks/absorbs/dissolves an attack, the Warrior’s defensive technique ‘parry’ is executed by swatting away or redirecting a technique. Any given attack can only be redirected away from the Warrior who is using the ‘parry’ technique. This allows a Warrior to avoid the effects of attacks that require direct impacts such as physical blows, magoi manipulation, or spells and projectiles that trigger an AoE on impa

10Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi Empty Re: Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 08/11/17, 03:03 am

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

If you need examples for the requirements / drawbacks, the link I provided in "Focus" to Nero's abilities have great examples of what I am asking for.

Enhanced Attack

Requirements / Drawbacks: This should have a more specific stance or movement requirement.

Description: Our systems already have a rule that states that, abilities will always beat basic actions in most if not all cases. The first sentence should be removed as it is not needed.

If what you want to do with the ability is to get around around defensive options your opponent has, I would recommend making this some sort of striking ability.

Block

Requirements / Drawbacks: This should have a more specific stance or movement requirement. You wouldn't be able to block intangible attacks such as flames, gas, etc. as well.

Focus

Yes, they may be able to use martial arts and controlling adrenaline may be something that some martial arts schools are able to do to enhance their body. I will not deny you there.

However, on our site, that is something that only body manipulators can do. It is part of what they specialize in, which is modifying their body. Even then, I'm not even sure this ability would work even in that case. This isn't DBZ. You wouldn't power up like a SSJ by screaming / shouting and giving yourself a hernia. You aren't Goku. No one is.

You are more than free to scrap the ability if you do not like that answer. It's a final decision.

If you still want to increase your speed by an additional tier using an ability, you could make a dashing ability. There is an example of an approved ability that meets the standard of our site here.

We do not use m/s for speed values so if you want to rework this, please do not write it there. We have D through A tier Enhanced Speed if you wish to use a speed value.

Rage Punch

Requirements / Drawbacks: This should have a more specific stance or movement requirement.

Description: You may want to remove the bit in the brackets. Once you rank up, it'll be false information at that point.

Parry

Description: A parry is a redirect of a technique. It isn't a block and it usually leads into a counterattack. While the counterattack isn't needed, a parry wouldn't completely block all techniques. You even copy pasted the section in the systems and bolded exactly what I'm trying to tell you.

Regardless, I feel this needs to be more descriptive.

Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 001
Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 002Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 003

11Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi Empty Re: Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 08/11/17, 07:19 am

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

For a Warrior, this might be taking the time to assume a specific stance or having planted feet.
Which is why nothing was detailed about a stance and won't be detailed either. Having both feet planted firmly is a hell of a drawback, mean I can't attack while running, jumping, in the air, on my back etc. I must be standing FIRMLY upon the ground to use most of these abilities.

Also, Goku uses KI to enhance his speed and strength, I was trying to use a normal function of the body which can be controlled like most thing through martial arts since your rules stated we can use all form of martial arts and techniques.

For Parry, I had to remove the mention of opening it up for a counter attack previous, I reworded it for you.

12Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi Empty Re: Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 08/11/17, 01:09 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

What you are referencing is ONLY an example. It's NOT something that should be copy pasted on all of your abilities because it isn't a general staple for all abilities. I'm trying to help you out by suggesting you write otherwise. Bad analogy but abilities are like people, they're all different for the most part.

I never mentioned ki in my statement. I had paralleled your screaming logic to Goku because he screams to power up. However, my point still stands. This would only work for a body manipulator as it is written.

I am highly certain and you can prove me wrong, that adrenaline wouldn't boost your speed. It's primary function is to grant endurance-- not make you run faster. It could allow you to run a much farther distance than normal but not faster. Nor does screaming / shouting work in martial arts for the purpose of generating adrenaline.

Also, if you're going to prove me wrong, please link a reliable source so I may educate myself.

Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 001
Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 002Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 003

13Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi Empty Re: Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 08/11/17, 01:45 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

https://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/arts/circus-arts/adrenaline-strength1.htm

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/vault/exotics/the-science-of-screaming-in-martial-arts-gets-tested

I also had edited things IDk if you had seen or not.

14Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi Empty Re: Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 08/11/17, 03:29 pm

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Having read through your sources, and doing some academic discussion with the physiology department at my college, I can safely say that focus would not work with it's current drawback, or with the adrenaline descriptor.

Adrenaline doesn't necessarily increase the rate at which your muscles are capable of expanding and contracting, but rather diverts an unusual amount of power into the motion.

Screaming produces a similar effect by tensing the core muscles of the body, allowing for stronger, and more rigid form while striking.

Ultimately, none of this is relevant, as it is an issue of balance and fairness for members of the site. Your drawback for focus will need to be changed so that Body Manipulators do not lose something integral to their class and play style.

In addition, your dash is limited to 1 dash totaling 3m in distance. If you would like to dash longer, you may scale the ability at 3m per investment. (Dashes are scaled differently than projectiles and other attacks)

Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi GHN16xD

15Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi Empty Re: Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 08/11/17, 05:11 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Fixed

16Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi Empty Re: Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 11/11/17, 07:58 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Rage punch - While the concept seems pretty cool, and it'll be useful at the start, this ability will completely drop off the planet once you hit C-Tier on your character. Since this is a direct punch sort of ability, it will be based off your strength alone. At C-Tier, your base damage will make the ability do B-Tier damage. Which completely makes the effect of this ability useless and into just a normal punch at that point. (Your punch won't magically do A-Tier damage at that point, as the ability clearly states it does C-Tier damage.)

Also, this ability is going to need some sort of scaling. That isn't optional, unless you want the ability to be incredibly useless in the larger scheme of things.

Parry - It's sort of nitpicky (but not really), but please change "Blocks C Rank Ability" to "Redirects C Rank Ability).

Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi BgH0fcQ
---
Traits Points: 0/8
Shards of Solomon: x2

17Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi Empty Re: Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 11/11/17, 08:37 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yea all of these will be useless once I hit C, most of them already are. Fixed the wording.

18Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi Empty Re: Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 11/11/17, 10:54 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Alright, that's fine considering you're the one who is okay with it. I'm still gonna need you to throw a scaling on rage punch though, damage or anything of the sort would be fine.

---

19Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi Empty Re: Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 12/11/17, 12:26 am

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Done

20Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi Empty Re: Starter Skills 4 Knuckles Shi 12/11/17, 01:45 am

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved!

Code:
[center][b]Enhanced Attack[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Class:[/b]Warrior
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] To use this ability, the user must have a short sword and plant their feet firmly before using this attack. Must twist torosso while swinging sword.
[b]Scaling:[/b]Damage
[b]Sustain:[/b]
[b]Cooldown:[/b]1
[b]Cost:[/b] 10
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
The attack is with a quick stabbing motion before ludgeing at the target.This is to attempt a stab into the body of the target. Deals D Damage.[/list]

[center][b]Block[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b]D
[b]Class:[/b] Warrior
[b]Type:[/b] Defense
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b]The user must have a short sword and plant their feet firmly to use skill while entering a deffensive stance.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Defense
[b]Cooldown:[/b]1
[list]
The users blocks using their sword lifting it infront of the incoming attack. Blocks D Damage [/list]

[center][b]Focus[/b][/center]
[b]Class:[/b] Warrior
[b]Type:[/b]Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b]Medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Must already be moving in the direction of his choosing before using this ability.
[b]Scaling:[/b]  Range, +5 Stamina Cost for every additional 3m travelled.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1
[list]
The user dashes at on teir higher than normally allowed in any direction up to 3 meteres per dash. The User may dash for up till 9 meters beforing becoming to tired to dash again. [/list]

[center][b]Rage punch[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b]Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b]Must have taken atleast D rank of damage from a source outside of the user. Must be in an aggresive stance or posture.
[b]Scaling:[/b]Hits
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cooldown:[/b1
[b]Cost:[/b] 10(20 if Sustained )
[/b]
[list]
Giving into his anger, the user pulls back his arm while twisting his torroso to the rear, in a furious action both his torso and arm swing forward together senidng the fist into a amazingly raged filled motion.    [/list]

[/b]
[center][b]Parry[/b][/center]
[b]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must be attacked by another, and have both feet planted firmly in a defensive posture before using this ability Must have a Sword.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Hits
[b]Cool Down:[/b]2
[b]Cost:[/b] 20
[/b]
[list]
Making contact with the incoming attackw ith his sword, the user then pushes the attack to the left. Redirects 1 C Rank Ability.[/list]

---

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum