You are not connected. Please login or register

Learning the Shield to be a Shield [Spec/Private]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vavatine

Vavatine
C-Tier
C-Tier

Vava trudged through the blizzard with her head slightly lowered so that she would not be completely blinded by the snow. For hours she had been walking, pushing against the ferocious wind that wailed and pressed against her like a wall, as if to stop the Imuchakk from progressing. But Vavantine was determined, and would not be slowed down when she had an appointment to keep.

For the past few days, the young Imuchakk had thought about using a shield in her combat, and decided to go to her designated mentor for the appropriate training on how to modify her style to incorporate a shield. The exercise would not be easy considering she would have to build up her strength in order to carry this extra piece of equipment, and compensate for being able to only use one hand to wield her sword, but if she proved to be determined enough, then she would get through it easily.

By the time the sun had set, Vavantine had discovered a tiny little hut standing alone amongst a cover of trees that offered her protection from the howling wind. From its chimney rose smoke and the smell of meat cooking. Was she disturbing his meal? She walked up to the door and knocked, the wood resounding with dull echoes as her fist struck it. Then, she waited, clasping her hands behind her back.

The door was opened by a tall, long-haired Imuchakk man with vibrant yellow eyes, long since dulled due to the x-shaped scar that marked his face. His eyes stared down at the young Imuchakk, to which she respectfully bowed. “I apologize for interrupting your evening, Master Terentiti, but I am in urgent need of training that only you can provide. Please, will you teach me how to use a shield and alter my combat to fully utilize the weapons I have at hand?”

Terentiti folded his arms across his chest and exhaled loudly. His eyes observed Vavantine closely, as if determining her worth and judging her skill. It had been at least seven years since the arrangement was made by her family to have this man be her teacher, but this was the first time they met face-to-face. Sure, Vavantine had caught glimpses of this man, but she wasn’t allowed to speak with him until she was ready. “I suppose I could, but you know the drill, Vavantine; you provide for yourself and sleep out in the small hut in the back. You must also do everything I tell you to do without complaining. Is that understood?”

Vavantine nodded, bowing to her master once more. As she ran off to her temporary home, she heard him call out to her, saying, “We start early tomorrow! No sleeping in!”

-----------------------------
Spec WC: 463/500

Vavatine

Vavatine
C-Tier
C-Tier

Before the sun rose from its slumber, Vavantine was already awake, her eyes wide with anticipation and eagerness. Before her stood her master, Terentiti, looking down on her with his hands clasped behind his back and stern eyes evaluating her worth. “You seemed to have grown into a decent warrior, but you still have much to learn. Wanting to wield a shield is an interesting choice considering your weapon, a great sword that must be held with two hands. That means we will only be able to work with your defensive strategy instead of simultaneous offense and defense. We will also need to make sure you will be strong enough to carry the extra weight.”

Vavantine nodded at her master’s words. “Of course. Just tell me what to do, and I will obey.”

“Always the obedient one,” observed Teren. “Very well. Stamina and strength.” He instructed Vavantine on what exercises she should do and for how long. After that, the Imuchakk girl was left alone.

For hours upon hours she ran through the snow, taking small breaks in between before running once again, aiming for a longer duration. She also did a series of exercises from push-ups, planks, plank presses, and so forth. Vavantine repeated this numerous times during the day and night, then with the followings days. However, just to give a little change to her routine, the Imuchakk warrior would also climb the trees, using mainly her arms to pull herself up.

Two weeks went by before Vavantine even knocked on the door, but she didn’t doubt that he had been watching her the whole time. She was instructed to grab her shield then return promptly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spec WC: 740/500

Vavatine

Vavatine
C-Tier
C-Tier

Terentiti wasted no time in attacking Vavantine as soon as she came back with her shield. The unexpectancy of the attack caused the young girl to stagger back as the attempted to block with her shield. “You have to have a strong footing, Vavantine. Or else you’ll be knocked back or have your own shield smack yourself in the face.”

He struck again, but this time Vava was ready. She planted her feet firmly into the snow covered ground and as soon as her master made contact with the sword, she pushed back. Terentiti didn’t let up; his attacks increased and with every other strike, Vava improved her technique with the shield until they finally stopped.

“Well then… Not too bad. Make sure you get a decent weapon to go with that though, or else it will be useless to you.” Those final words ended the interaction between student and teacher, leaving Vavantine to pack up and go back home.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spec WC: 900/500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum