You are not connected. Please login or register

Whatchu Gonna Do?! [Solo/Job]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Whatchu Gonna Do?! [Solo/Job] Empty Whatchu Gonna Do?! [Solo/Job] 30/09/15, 12:11 am

Kaveh Issa

Kaveh Issa
β-Tier
β-Tier

Job Details:

Kaveh's suspicions were finally starting to fade. The talk of cultists slowly started to become less and less. The group must have found their matches and come to an end. At least, that's what Kaveh was hoping. He was starting to truly believe in his hopes and found himself relaxing more and more. One afternoon, however, it suddenly happened all over again. The streets of Heliohapt became a bit more quiet and bare. The people in the city found themselves worrying and not wanting to move out onto the streets again. This didn't sit well with the magician. Are... Are they moving again?!

That afternoon, Kaveh heard a few rumors. His fears resurfaced. There were more kidnappings. This time, it was an entire family. Their home was found broken in to, blood on the furniture, and absent any bodies. The occurrence could have been any random murder, but the last detail is what caused Kaveh to panic a little. On the far wall of the house, drawn in blood, was the symbol of Apep. The snakes in the three figure eights. This revelation caused Kaveh to move to action. He approached the High Priests before, but apparently alerting the men was not that effective. I'll just go over their heads then...

A few days passed and all of Kaveh's trips to the Pharaoh's palace, but each visit ended in failure. He was either turned away by the guards at the door or sent to another priest. There was nothing that Kaveh wanted to do more than to speak with the Pharaoh and bypass these priests. They had no power. They couldn't make anything happen. At least, that was what Kaveh was starting to believe. On his final trip, however, Kaveh was sent to one of the High Priests of Ra: Khaldun. It was the same high priest that he informed of the presence of the cultists before. The esteemed priest had a pleasant smile on his face and was dressed in his lavish, noble tresses.

"Oh. Its you again. The snake cultist boy. What was your name again? Kissah? Kevah?" Kaveh blinked as he looked at the priest. Not only did he not remember who Kaveh was, but he thought that Kaveh was just a boy!! The red magician did the best that he could in order to keep from raising his voice to the man and getting agitated. He simply cleared his throat, while mentally counting to ten, and sighed. He shook his head and looked up at the High Priest. "No, sir. My name is Kaveh. It is true, though, that I am the one who approached you about the impending cultist threat. Since I spoke to you last, the group has quieted. A few days passed, however, they seemed to have suddenly sprung back into action. Striking in much more dramatic numbers. I would like to speak to the Pharaoh directly about this problem, but he keeps sending me to Priests that don't care about the situation."

Khaldun took a moment and looked at Kaveh. He remarked at how much more talkative the man seemed to be. After his mind had the time to register what it was Kaveh was saying, Khaldun nodded and crossed his arms. "I see. You are truly a concerned citizen aren't you? Despite the fact that you're not one of us by birth! I'm glad that Ra has blessed Heliohapt with a citizen as concerned as you. I can help you meet our Pharaoh, but I will need for you to do something for me first." Khaldun walked away from Kaveh for a moment and over towards three mantles that seemed to be empty. "There is a temple not too far from this city that has long been abandoned. These items are very precious to the Pharaoh, as they were cherished by three Pharaohs passed. We have been ordered to retrieve these holy items and bring them to our Pharaoh. We have only recently found the spot where they lie dormant. If you are willing to go and retrieve them, you may present them to the Pharaoh yourself."

Kaveh nodded, anxiously taking the job in hopes of meeting the Pharaoh.... and to learn a bit of extra things about the Heliohapt culture. Khaldun presented Kaveh with the directions to reach the temple and asked for the Red Magician to leave whenever he was ready. Before Kaveh left to head towards the old temple, Khaldun spoke up once more. "Oh and Kaveh. Please be careful. There are others who are seeking the value of those items... do not let them get these items."

Only a few hours after his meeting with Khaldun, Kaveh was atop of his magic carpet heading towards the aforementioned temple. The magician narrowed his eyes as he combed the sand looking for the old building. It wasn't long before he found it, thankfully. It had the look of a building that stood much longer than it was intended to. Kaveh felt a bit of nervousness about entering the structure, but quickly put it behind him. He leapt from his flying carpet, holding onto one of the corners as the cloth lost its rigidity. Kaveh's feet touched the sand gracefully and the carpet found itself wrapped and draped around his shoulders almost effortlessly as he walked into the temple.

The magician made his way through the temple's stairwells until he heard the sound of another person's footsteps. Kaveh froze for a moment until he saw the owner of the footsteps. It was a large man with the head of a lion. The man's mane flowed until the man came to a stop and turned to look at Kaveh. The red magician grabbed his pipe from his pocket and held it at his side, preparing for conflict. "You aren't one of Ankhanten's men... You must be the wretch that we were warned about!" Without a word from Kaveh, the man opened his mouth and let out his King's Roar. Kaveh's eyes widened as the roar rang in the hallway and deafened him. Kaveh put his hands to his ears in pain as he started to gather his magoi and pool it in his throat.

The magician stumbled backwards until his back was against a wall. The lion headed man ran towards Kaveh and reared his arm back, balling his hand into a fist. Right before he would have punched Kaveh, however, the magician had enough magoi for what he needed. He opened his mouth and exhaled his Salamander's breath. The lion headed man was engulfed in flames and he let out a pained cry. Kaveh wasn't able to hear it, of course, but he watched as the flames ate away ate the man's flesh and left a pile of ashes. Kaveh then slowly stood from the wall and made his way going down deeper into the temple, continuing his search.
Word Count: 1100/1000
Magoi: 180/200
Abilities Used:

Kaveh Issa

Kaveh Issa
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kaveh made his way down some steps in silence. It wasn't that the area was quiet and Kaveh was being extra quiet. The fact that it was silent was that Kaveh was deafened from the roar he encountered a few minutes earlier.After a few minutes of walking, Kaveh found himself on the bottom floor of the temple. In front of him stood a pedastal with three artifacts on it. The items were very odd in nature, but they were obviously the materials that Kaveh was sent into the temple for. The main give away to this was the fact that two of the items had the symbol of Anubis on it and the third contained the emblem of Ra.

Kaveh approached the pedastel and the sound of his footsteps slowly started to come to his senses. The magician stopped abruptly. The familiar sensation in his ears causing him to smile widely. Geez... I was wondering when this would happen. After a moment of revelation, Kaveh approached the artifacts and inspected them for a short time. He noticed that a mixture of the Torran language and the common language that they spoke now was written all over the items. Apparently, someone had tried to translate the text already.

As Kaveh started to read the text, the sound of yelling filled his ears. He turned as he noticed a duo of men were jogging towards him. Dammit! Kaveh turned and threw his cloak over the items and scooped them up. As the two men got closer, Kaveh turned towards them and a smokescreen started to flow from his pipe. "Cover me. Smokescreen!" The two men stopped for a moment at the lack of sight. Kaveh, however, remembered the way they were coming from and was preparting to deal with the intruders.

"Flame Spear." the red magician whispered under his breath. The rukh responded to him immediately and formed a spear made out of flame and flew through the smoke screen. While his spell acted, Kaveh tucked the cloak wrapped artifacts, into a hiding spot. He didn't want them to get their hands on those while he may have been "distracted." Unfortunately, one of the men's instincts were monstrously impressive and he acted. While the flame spear was heading towards his comrade, the man dashed in front of the other man at 20 m/s and collided with the spear. The man, also known as Feist, took the damage for his ally and was sent rolling away in pain.

The other man, named Gian, narrowed his eyes at the smoke screen in front of him. He pointed his wand and a strong wind emerged. The gust of wind ripped through and dispersed the smoke, but kept going towards Kaveh. The red magician was startled, but was ready to act. I can't let them have these! He thought to himself as he casted his Flaming Serpent. The fiery reptile charged forward despite the wind and, although its size was diminished by the razor gust, found its way to its target. Unfortunately, the fangs of the snake collided with a borg. It shattered the man's defense, but still didn't hit true. great... Kaveh thought as he started to move forward, trying to take attention away from the hiding spot for the artifacts.

Gian and Kaveh stared at each other for only a moment. It was then that the man from before rolled to his feet behind Kaveh. Kaveh looked out of the corner of his eye to look at the man. Just fucking great... The moment Kaveh took to look back at Feist, Gian jumped to cast a spell. A large arc of razor magic surged towards Kaveh, only to be met with his borg. The sound of the shield shattering snapped him back to his senses and his magoi surged. "Raze the Ground!" At that moment, flames emerged from Kaveh's position and extended outwards. The magician was wise enough to only allow the flames to spread a little passed where his targets were so that he didn't have a chance to harm the artifacts.

Kaveh sighed as he watched the two bodies fell to the ground, slowly turning to ashes. The red magician went over to his hiding spot and picked up his cloak, unraveling the artifacts. "Good. They're still okay." He said to himself as he exited the temple. He was a bit relieved to finally be out of that place...

--EXIT--

Magoi: 100/200
Abilities Used:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum