You are not connected. Please login or register

Down with the Flu III [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Down with the Flu III [Job/Solo] Empty Down with the Flu III [Job/Solo] on 13/10/14, 02:17 pm

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Spoiler:
Job Name: Down With The Flu Part Three (Repeat)
Job Rank: B-Rank
Job Location: Heliohapt
Job Rewards: 200 xp, 15,000 Huang
Job Overview: The driver at the Forge is sick again and this time they have a giant order to fill but don't have the ore. They need you to go to a mine near a bandit camp. Defend your cargo!

Enemies:
Enemy Name: Bandits X3
Needed damage to take down: B
Abilities: Swords deal B-Tier damage.
Thrust: A-Tier attack

”We should probably try to earn as much money as we can before heading out to Reim.” The Fanalis woman muttered, partially to herself but to the snake at her shoulders as well. Said snake hisses lazily, possibly in agreement even if he was able to understand the implications of traveling to a distant land. Ayero didn’t know what kind of state the capital would be in by the time she reached it, but she hoped to have saved enough money to be able to support herself for a few weeks in the case that jobs were scarce. The woman figured that she should capitalize on the abundance of work for rogues and travelers in the great desert city while she could. Making her way over to a job board, she squeezes through the small crowd of other that had gathered, looking for work like her. Eyes quickly scanning the various flyers posted, she sets sights on an advertisement from the local forge. The cart driver had fallen ill and needed someone to watch over his cargo on bandit infested roads. Humming at her good fortune to find a job that didn’t seem overly difficult and paid rather well, the Fanalis snatches the flyer and hurries down to the forge.

She’d only been to the area once, happening upon her fellow Fanalis Diego as he trained with Madam Trixie. The young beast tamer appeared to be on good terms with Ishaq, and Ayero hoped that the man would remember her and trust her with his merchandise. After arriving at the forge, she approaches the man she recognizes vaguely as the owner. ”Good day, Ishaq…?” The woman greets politely, albeit a bit hesitantly in the case that she had mistaken him. ”Hm? Oh, why you’re that young lady that was here with Diego a while back…! Can I do anything for you, miss?” Ishaq rubbed at his chin before recognizing her, speaking in a friendly tone. His eyes catch sight of the flyer in her hands and he offers her a smile. ”Are you here for the job, then?” Surprised that he’d gotten to the point quickly, Ayero nods before unfolding the flyer and handing it to the man. ”Your driver is sick, and you have a delivery to make, correct?” Running a hand through his hair, the man nods. ”Aye, and you’re willing to replace him for the day, I take it? Be warned though, the road from the mine to the forge is rife with bandits. This is a rather important delivery, so I need someone that will be able to defend themselves and my cargo.”

Nodding in understanding, the woman speaks as if to assure him. ”I would not have approached you if I did not believe that I would be capable of completing this job.”

”Very well, miss. I’ll trust you with my merchandise, but do be careful!”

[481/1500]

──────────────────────────────────────────────

2Down with the Flu III [Job/Solo] Empty Re: Down with the Flu III [Job/Solo] on 13/10/14, 02:40 pm

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
The journey to the mine was rather uneventful, but then again she didn’t expect much to happen given that she was driving an empty cart. If trouble occurred, it likely would while she made her way back to the forge with a load of ore in tow. Time passed quickly and she made it to the mine, the workers there greeting her with a bit of confusion but were still quite amiable nonetheless. After offering if the men needed any help, she was politely waved off. ”That’s awful nice of you, miss, but you should save your strength for the ride back. You’ll need to keep an eye out for those bandits!”

”Really, it’s no trouble.” Ayero insists, feeling a bit guilty that the men would be doing all of this heavy lifting after a day in the mines. As the first man who spoken to her opened his mouth to reply, another interjects. ”Wait…excuse me, but you’re a Fanalis, aren’t you?” He asks with hesitation in his voice, not wanting to offend the woman by assuming her race from the color of her hair. Nodding in affirmation, the man who asked her slaps the back of the more skeptical worker. ”I think things would go a lot faster if we had a Fanalis on our side! That is, of course, if you don’t mind.”

After helping the men load the ore into the cart, she bids them farewell. ”You be careful there, miss! The bandits around here are a sneaky bunch!” One of the men calls out after her as the cart pulls away from the mine. ”Now would be a good time to pay close attention to our surroundings.” The woman announces with an insistent tone, her gaze flickering down to Kabu before refocusing on the road ahead. With a sassy hiss, the snake rises from the folds of her cloak to rest part of his body along her shoulders. Activating his predator sense, Kabu does his part to serve as a lookout for Ayero while she drives the cart.

Not long after Kabu had surfaced, the faint snapping of twigs somewhere to their side could be heard. Kabu flickers his tongue in a short hiss, alerting Ayero that there were guests nearby. That didn’t take very long… Unsuprised that they were already being targeted, Ayero weighs her options. Keep going and fight them as they come, or take them all out here? Chewing on her lower lip for a few seconds, the woman tugs on the reigns of the horses pulling the cart which slows to a stop. Dropping the reigns, she climbs to the top of the ore in the cart and unsheathes her talwar. ”We may as well save us both some time and get this over with.” She announces, growing more impatient by the minute. A rustle of stones is heard nearby, the sound of someone moving. Seemingly in agreement, three men dressed in dark clothes and wielding swords appear swiftly from the rocky terrain.

[Stamina: 155/160]

[982/1500]

Spoiler:
Name: Predator’s Sense
Tier: D-Tier
Cost: 10 Stamina
Beast Type: Tactician
Range: 7 meters
Duration: 1 post
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: As a predator, Kabu can use his tongue to “smell”, collecting particles in the air with it and giving him a sort of directional sense of smell. With this activated, Kabu can detect the presence of other life forms in the vicinity of 7 meters for 1 post with a cool-down of 5 posts. This ability consumes 5 stamina.

3Down with the Flu III [Job/Solo] Empty Re: Down with the Flu III [Job/Solo] on 13/10/14, 03:21 pm

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
The two closest to her waste no time in charging, leaping at the woman who stood atop the pile of precious ore they were after. Eyes narrowing, Ayero springs from her perch, drawing her blade back while aiming for the man on the right. Before he can bring his blade down on her, she digs the tip of her talwar into his shoulder, spiraling around his body quickly, cutting through skin and muscle as she goes. Unprepared for such an attack, the man screams and falls to the ground, bleeding heavily. Not forgetting about the other man who had approached her, Ayero spots him out of the corner of her eye with his blade raised in preparation to strike. Judging that she didn’t have time to turn around and properly block his attack, Ayero raises her blade-wielding arm up and over her shoulder, effectively parrying the man’s blade from behind. Pushing the man’s weapon to redirect it upwards, the Fanalis woman quickly spins around and delivers a punch to the man’s ribcage, sending him back several meters. As the injured man groaned in pain while attempting to slowly lift himself from the ground, Ayero turned her attention toward the lone uninjured man.

Brandishing her weapon, the swordswoman rushes at her opponent, prepared to strike. The bandit flourishes his own sword, eyes narrowed as he prepares to meet the woman with steel. Their blades clash against each other several times, the halfling gritting her teeth in irritation. Raising the blade once more, Ayero suddenly lower it to her side while simultaneously performing a half step around the man. His eyes were naturally drawn to his weapon, but in a moment it disappears from his line of sight. In an instant her blade’s location is known, or moreso felt as a deft slash is delivered across his back. Lurching forward in surprise, the man is stunned momentarily from the odd attack as well as the pain in his back. The instant Ayero completes her own attack, a swift strike of cold steel is dealt across her own shoulder. Snarling in pain, the woman stumbles back to see the other thief standing with his blade in front of him, her own blood dripping slowly from his blade as he breathes heavily. Figuring she’d have to finish this quickly, Ayero lunges forward toward the man who attacked her and administers a kick to his head, watching as he drops to the ground and skids back several feet.

Huffing as her own breaths become a bit heavy, she turns her attention to the remaining bandit. Sheathing her sword, she uses her remaining strength to slam her fist into his gut, causing the man to let out a strangled gasp from the Fanalis woman’s blow. As he falls to the ground, Ayero’s eyes dart back and forth, wary of any other bandits hiding nearby. After several seconds of silence, she climbs back into the cart with a groan, wincing at the open wound on her back. She tears off some of the canvas used to insulate the wooden cart from the heavy ore and presses it against her back in order to absorb some of the bleeding. ”We should get moving in case more show up.” She mumbles to the snake, grasping the reins and driving the cart back to the forge, which was thankfully uneventful.

[Stamina: 80/160]
Spoiler:

Name: Devil’s Graze
Tier: B
Cost: 30 Stamina
Weapon Type: Talwar
Class: Offensive
Range: Close
Description: The user approaches their opponent head on with their sword drawn before feinting to the side. The user then digs their blade into the opponent’s shoulder while twisting around the opponent, dragging the blade as they go at 20 m/s. This technique cuts completely through the muscle, creating a spiral-like cut around the opponent’s body.

Name: Parry
Tier: B
Cost: 30 Stamina|15 Sustained
Class: Defensive
Range: Self
Duration: 2 posts
Description: The user is able to block an opponent’s attack with their blade and push the opponent and/or their weapon away. Can defend against 1 A-tier, 2 B-tier, 4 C-tier or 8 D-tier attacks before breaking.

Name: Blade Redirection
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Stamina
Class: Offensive
Range: Close
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: The user outstretches their sword to the side, parallel as if to strike while approaching the target. Once they are roughly half a meter from their opponent, the user suddenly lowers their sword to their side and performs a half turn around their opponent at 15 m/s, slashing them from behind. This attack relies on redirecting an opponent’s focus to the user’s weapon rather than their body.

[1500+/1500]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum