You are not connected. Please login or register

[Mission]Lonely Orphans No More

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[Mission]Lonely Orphans No More Empty [Mission]Lonely Orphans No More 04/07/14, 08:47 pm

Zachariah

Zachariah
C-Tier
C-Tier

The day was young, but Zachariah still managed to get himself lost in this massive city. The whole area was one giant golden maze, even the slums were paved with gold. The only true issue that held itself true here was that since everything was made of gold, gold had the value of a cinder-block and asphalt to people. It was pitiful tale, in which gold coin held less value here than copper. Thusly many people who'd bring their families here would die trying to feed them, because their savings were in gold coins. This meant there were a lot of orphans here, mostly from foreign lands. All sad and lonely.

Word Count: 111

Zachariah

Zachariah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Zachariah found himself stumbling into a slum orphanage, where children seemed to stare into the distance, all broken and full of hopelessness. He would look around as adults seemed to show a lack of care, similarly broken, from a life of minimum wage that would never get raised, for the orphanage couldn't afford it. Zachariah look upon this situation with a sadness in his eyes. It felt familiar, and because of that all the more painful. Maybe it was because he couldn't remember having a family. But he was being selfish, that family from before was his family, as quickly as they ejected him when he was healthy. A young girl walked over to him, her teddy bear's head was decapitated with head and body in separate hands, she started crying. Zachariah would kneel next to her and pat her head, "No need to cry young one." He would smile gently and inquire, "What happened?"

Total Word Count: 266

Zachariah

Zachariah
C-Tier
C-Tier

After a short while of helping the girl and getting to know her story, he'd have the teddy bear fixed using a bobby pin as a needle and some loose thread from the worn carpet as the thread. He handed it to her and smiled, "All fixed." The little girls eyes brightened with youthful vigor once more. Like turning on a light in a dark basement, it was totally different. "Thanks mister!" she would say brightly. She'd soon run over to a few other dull-looking children in the orphanage and with little delay, she'd have a small crowd of kids for him to play with. "It seems like you guys could use a story. How about I tell you of the time I fought a Desert Crocodile~!"

Total Word Count: 393

Zachariah

Zachariah
C-Tier
C-Tier

And so, Zachariah would tell them of one of the few fights he could recall. It was a recent one, his battle against the mighty Desert Crocodile. While he specifically didn't mention the use of poisons to get the children more excited about his story. Towards the end of the story, he also added in that he and a few friends had a crocodile barbecue instead of the whole thing about it being used as a religious sacrifice. Zachariah wasn't too much into that whole religious thing himself, though he held nothing against it. Once he'd finished the children all excitedly stirred around, their eyes full of youthful excitement. They laughed, asked questions, even inquired where he kept his Rapier when he didn't plan on using it. He answered them and played with them all. When he finished, the children were all petered out, and he helped them go to sleep, tucking them all in. As he'd leave, one of the workers stopped him, and gave him money. "What's this for?" he would ask. The worker would smile, "You brought hope and life back to the children. This is the least I could offer you," with that she would walk away from him. She gave him no time to reject the money, and he was left standing there, confused as to what to do. He would sigh and pocket it, "Alright then, if that's the case... I'll just have to consider this an investment. I'm going to go and conquer a dungeon, and when I do, I'll help fund this orphanage, as if each of these children were one of my own." With that he would walk away into the night.

Total Word Count: 674
Complete

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum