You are not connected. Please login or register

Amy the 23rd Djinn (Necropolis)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Amy the 23rd Djinn (Necropolis) Empty Amy the 23rd Djinn (Necropolis) 08/07/22, 08:02 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

This time there would be no beautiful. astounding glimpses of space or the celestial bodies that inhabit it, nor were there any agonizing or instantaneous deaths. Just a loud bellowing that would introduce them when they enter the dungeon. This would be a sad almost musical sound that would shake their bones as well as the bones of the city they now found themselves in.

Amy the 23rd Djinn (Necropolis) 6e3e5210

They would find themselves in a city that is suspended between two varying abysses. Above them was the endless void of space with stars painting the view above, forming countless constellations. Below was a massive body of water that mimics the sky above, lights moving all around notifying them that there was something living in there rather it be one organism or multiple was unkown.

In front of them was a bridge that would lead them to the large glorious city that seems to be connected by a large series of bridges just like the one before them.

"It is such a marvel to see this place again, it has been so long since i have graced the necropolis here as you all call it, this will be interesting for sure. Libra would speak with a wide grin on his face, no longer being particularly helpful at this moment. The next decision was all theirs.

Notes:

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Thank whatever God existed she didn’t have to die another time. Merr had a strong will, but a certain point feeling pain was an annoyance when fighting such powerful magic threats. It was as exhausting as it was beautiful. There was a strange, creeping dread to the melancholic tone of the Nercopolis. It did live up to its’ name. To her, there were no signs of life or at least significant ones besides themselves. Though she would realize how wrong she was after further examining the glorious city.

Its’ suspended nature was glorious, down right gorgeous. It was crafts like this that had inspired the design and grandiosity of Meridia. Above and below she could gaze into two beautiful, voids, one cosmic the other aquatic. Both were unexplored, so timeless that Merrze could only ponder what power resided in either worlds. The fanalis had more than her rough share of experiences at sea, monsters existed, though the shadow she would glimpse seemed colossal. It could’ve been a great herd, or a great beast, she respected all forms of life. Though one would be ignorant to not hold a bit of healthy fear in that respect, fanalis at the night’s end were considered monsters too.

The path forward, however seemed obvious. She’d be fine carrying Merlin for now, he deserved the chance to rest. She urged for Jason to follow, so he wouldn’t get left in the awe of the Nercopolis. ”I don’t know about you gentlemen, but I feel that path is somewhat obvious here. Still be cautious, you know not what a false step could lead too.” Merrze said leading her way towards one of the bridges, the gate would have to be somewhere in the center of the city. Still, a challenge always had its’ way of finding her.

Looking up at Libra she would ask a question, so as to find some answers and pass the time. “I’m sure you can only guide us so much, but do you have an stories to share while we make our way through here? You seem to hold sentiment for the city.

Merlin

Merlin
D-Tier
D-Tier

While he rested on his mother’s back he felt nothing but relief. This brief moment was nice, especially with out a third death. He could enjoy the stars that dressed the sky, the lapping waves of water below. There was a tranquility in this quiet city. Sorrow seemed to sing out, ring across the walls in a song of lost time. He couldn’t place the feeling, but it was a calming sadness. Peace maybe could’ve been found in it, but it felt so sorrowful for him. This breath of fresh air was enough to distract him from the shadow mass that only reminded him of the crab he saw all those years ago.

The young magician already pushed enough to the back of his mind, he could do it for a little bit longer. If he was going to wonder it would be about the city they were in. It’s bones were brilliant, the bridges were magnificent. He wasn’t much of an architect, still you’d have to be a fool not enjoy this beauty. If this was truly how breathtaking every necropolis was, he could understand why someone would keeping diving into these hell scapes. Power wasn’t only a small stepping stone, he wanted knowledge and experience more than that.

“That would be nice.” Merlin chimed into towards Libra. He looked up at the man with bold admiring eyes. ”I’d love to hear about life in this city, about the people that lived here. You seem to hold your king in high praise, so I’d imagine only the same from his city.”

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Libra would smile as they both asked the sightless ruler to tell them more stories. "Why of course I love this city. It does not compare to my palace of course but few things do. But this city served as a hub for 12 separate kingdoms and people that were all united by the horned ruler. Used to it was in the center of a massive lake that was in the center of the 12 kingdoms which no longer exist, just the lake, which is in a sense its own country as well but a small part now." The bridge would let out several creaks and cracks as they crossed the bridge which would be accompanied by another massive bellow below them as the dark mass seems to follow them.

"Amy wished that all her people could reside in one city and up till the end kept building onto it, They wanted a city state of sorts. Our king was a dreamer unlike us 12 who could only see wealth glory or war. Myself included only cared about ourselves and our people while Amy loved all and treated everyone as family which is why what happened broker their heart." He would stop there not wanting to tell a story that was not his.

In front of them would be a solid part of the city with various buildings before another bridge which would lead them to the large mass that served at the center of the city.

Notes:

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Well, sounds like they were trully an ambitous ruler. I can admire one who extends their kindess. Not all can be asked to do such a thing, to have such a heart. Often discarding that is asked by many of this world, but i believe those who strive, who wish to offer that peace should always try. I can say, the more I learn of djinn the more the scale of their world seems to be so impressive. I can only wonder what you all saw, though i understand I can't ask you to say much more."

Merrze sauntered forward keeping a cool head. Whatever was following them, she couldn't be rash at this point. Dungeons had peaceful folk sometimes, or monsters beyond her comprehension. Such reckless abandon, action without a cool head would likely lead to her death. Dungeons seemed to have a taste for killing her so she wanted to avoid it if possible.

"Seems like the glorious city has aot to shoe us, the bridge seems like a simple walk. Still, last time i walked a bridge or something this tall i was knocked down by a hatpy. That wasn't very fun. Hopefully that doesnt happen again, if it does hope you all can swim." Merrze said, it was a joke but also more than possible. Still they needed to stay light, on their toes and alert. Depression would just put them in a state of inept action.

Merlin

Merlin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Merlin looked down with cautious eyes, watching the mass that danced down beneath them. He was the one who asked to hear tales but it was hard to pay attention with auch concerning things in height. He trusted his mother, he felt safe with her, but the water seemed to always hold such terrifying creatures. Even with the worry, he did pick up bits and pieces of Libra's story. The city was certainly grand, but to believe twelve king cames together? Maybe that's why his mother acted as an Empress, yo guide potential rulers. A king was a great thing, but a true leader was about leading rather than owning. It made him think, wonder if if that was his mother's motives, to help guide those who hunkered for power to al least use it right. He was sure, maybe she just kept wanting to free people to let them make their own choices.

"Well, that siunds very reassuring, i think just in case I'm going to walk now." Merlin hopped down, hugging his mother tight as reassurance for the love and comfort she provided. He had calmed down, atleast for what he could. If he wished to do better then he had to act better. Still, he didn't trust this bridge.

Jason Achilles

Jason Achilles
β-Tier
β-Tier

What else could be said except eternal silence? Jason's body was like moveable machine, going through the tides of time. His actions felt meaningless. His thoughts felt hopeless. For once in his life, he was so unsure if he could help bring change. Strength should have been enough to help him achieve his goals. He almost mistakingly thought Val's warnings were exaggerations that can easily deter the mind. The Fanalis was terribly wrong. So wrong in fact that the vision of his leader dying over and over again will remain forever.

With his hand on his right side, it shook with ferociousness. He was angry....yet almost hopeless. Almost like his patience was coming to a complete stop on what to do. All he truly did was follow the lead of his fellow team members with his knighted mask covered. What no one realized was tears and sweat underneath.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Libra would smile clearly relishing in the memories of a life that has long since forsaken him. It did intrigue the forgotten emperor that this woman was aware of the previous world, his world. He was aware that not many know about its existence so this was entertaining to him. Yet he would still refrain from talking about the old world and continue to just focus on the kingdoms and his king. He also noticed the silent knight that resigned himself from this converstaion. He was clearly shaken by the previous room but this could be a growing moment for him, the child too.

As they are crossing the final bridge it would let out a groan before collapsing. It would not be a trap or anything like that though, it was just bad luck. Choices came with consequences and this one just happened to bring its own form of gravity. Libra would look a bit shocked as he sees the bridge fall beneath his feet while he just stood there watching.

It was a long fall but it would be survivable due to bubbles dissipating the mass of the water making it a softer landing. If they were to fall into the water they would be able to glimpse what had been tailing them this whole time. A giant mass of tentacles that were a part of a massive squid that seemed to rival the size of the city above. It's body was as dark as the water around it but it was distinguished by starts covering its body like its own solar system.

Soon enough dozens of oak sized tentacles would be rushing to them attempting to wrap themselves around the water logged explorers. What to do next was up to them.

Notes:

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The stories of the past were more than fascinating, they were intoxicating to a degree. So much that it stole the attention of those who listen, to a degree that could almost be considered negligence. It could've been dastardly, if not for the Empress having such an open ear, and touch. The creak in the stone, the first shift in a step was a sign something was awry. Causing a panic could've caused more than a few missteps that in turn could lead to all the stones before them collapsing into the water below. Even if with their best actions, with quick planning it still came too quick. Even if Merrze wished to alert them both, it was too late. It quickly became a race as the path before them would crumble, falling to the beast below. Merlin almost fell to it as well, going over the edge. Merrze, would clasp his hand tightly.

Gigantic grabbings arms, that of a beast unknown sliced through the water. The great shadow had decided to greet them. That was more than enough to cause a panic and a fright in her young son. with her quickest response she yanked the boy up, free from the grasp of the beast. It did not mean the rest of the journey would be easy. This seemed like a rather unfortunate route infact.

"Everyone okay, did anyone else get close, whatever that thing is I don't think it wants to make friends. Even if it does, I don't believe we can survive an underwater playdate with it for long. So we may have to change our approach. Now, it may seem as big as the city, but we can try and make our way across a different way. Libra I'm sure you'll be able to get across on your own? If not I'm sure we can help make a path for you. "

The best solution would be to act, quickly to get out of this creature's den. No matter its intent, each motion it made was enough to potentially upheave them. Animals like this could be a little dangerous, it took a certain kind of touch in order to get through.

Merlin

Merlin
D-Tier
D-Tier

The most terrifying things did seem to always come in a flash. At first they were enjoying a nice walk, taking in the scenery, and listening to a fine yarn be spun. No, of course, the bridge had to be old and decrepit enough to start crumblings from beneath their feet. It was as if each step was another nail in the coffin, eating away at their path's integrity. He was blessed with flight, he was not granted similar gifts when it came to his ability to respond to panic. Everything would fly out the window once he took that last wrong step, the stones crumbling beneath his foot. Like a puzzle torn apart, everything seemed so misplaced until the rushing water came rushing. He was lucky to feel a harsh tug on his arm.

"GAH, Thank you mother, think that is strained but I'm not dead." Optimism tickled his tone, only for a moment. Bubbles that would soon stir into a great fervor would burst. The shadow which scared him so had come to say hello. With each hand, it waved a horrendous high, a grip so tight it would end his life. They were grand and great, easy enough to stop most of those it chose to hug. Rushing forth, each with the independence of his own was enough to send even grizzled warriors into a panic. "PULL ME UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!"

His wish was granted, and as he spoke, his mom tugged on him with almost enough force to break his arm. It wasn't a soft landing exactly as the rough stone crushed beneath him. What path was left didn't seem suitable enough to walk across? He wasn't the leader, but he had some ideas. Though it wasn't the easiest to share ideas after almost becoming the meal for some squid-like creature. He could only look down below, seeing the stars which tattooed its' beautiful, yet frightening frame.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As the bridge collapses The Empress would be able to save herself and her son. Jason was not so lucky however, he would fall into the water to be quickly met by the oncoming tentacles. They would wrap around the warrior before pulling him deep down out of the view of the other two. It would be a few moments of silence before the mother and son would see the tentacles resurface, with Jason in their grasp. They would place him down on the other side of the broken bridge unharmed.

This is when they would hear a cackling from behind them, the sightless king doubled over as he was laughing. "You lot should have seen the looks on your faces when Cepheus appeared to help you lot. " He would regain his composure before speaking again. "That is Cepheus one of the Zodiac Knights that serves Amy. She may be a knightmare inducing visage but she is the most kindhearted of the knights. She protector is actually the protector of this city and was once known as the lady of the lake before becoming one of the knights, this lake his her kingdom." With this last comment they would see the tentacles form together to make a bridge for the mother and son to grant them passage further in.

notes:

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Well, Cepheus I appreciate you for your work. An honorable worker is always worthy of admiration." Merrze looked at her son who had somewhat of an issue. Fear wasn't an obstacle easy to overcome, that was the importance of a mother. Comforting her boy she would help guide him across looking down at the knight. "Well, that's a good reason why I always teach you to have respect for nature and others. Things aren't always as they seem. Be wary, but learn what you can on your own."

She marched across the make-shift bridge, keeping them close for comfort. Merrze couldn't help but wonder, a small idea really. Were they going to meet any of the other knights in this room? It did seem to be their home, Libra wasn't the best at giving info either.

Merlin

Merlin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Fear still pounded in his chest, racing to escape from his ribcage. How could he control such fear, being reminded of something that ate away at his fear? At the core of being, the man in the back of his head tapped tap tap. It was hard to hold it all in. It was reassuring that his mother was around, to feel her warmth next to him. The knight down below seemed nice, she was polite enough to form a path with them. It was appreciated but the primal instinct, the newly formed fracture within his mind. How much could he stress on it? Did Jason enjoy his swim? There were all sorts of questions to be asked.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Yes she is quite an admirable servant of Amy. It is a good decision that you made however. If you had chose to take action against Cepheus she would have gotten excited to fight. She is like Ursa in the way she gets overly excited at the thought of a duel. She would have not hesitated to fight all of you in that scenario." Libra would inform them of this as they crossed the pulsating bridge of squid, still alive under their feet.

On the other side of the makeshift bridge they would see what would look like a castle or what was left as it was now in great need of repair. It would look strange as most of the city around them was in pristine condition yet here was this dilapidated structure that was supposed to serve as the centerpiece. There was a large set of stone doors in front of them that has a series of relief carvings in it. Looking closely they could see that it told a story of sorts but some of it was broken and missing or just faded into something incomprehensible. However what they could make out was telling the story of a small child with the budding horns of a young ram.

This ram was seen being taken in by a woman emerging from a lake who would then raise the child in her kingdom. The child could be seen aging and growing as they make their way visiting lands near and far and meeting rulers of various kingdoms. They would be able to recognize some such as Libra and the crow like man they saw with Thanatos the Reveler. Like the first room there would be parts deliberately defaced as if to erase the memories that they bring. There was one more scene of a group of 13 together with the faces of 4 of them gone. the rest of the relief was missing or destroyed. Clearly something had happened but the only one who may be willing to reveal answers was behind these doors.

"Behind these doors is my King, Sadly this is where we must part ways as my job of a guide is done. I wish you all well and remember to tell everyone of my greatness. The world deserves to be blessed by the knowledge that is Libra." He would bow to them, as a final goodbye.

Notes:

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"If I had the chance I would've loved to take her up on that opportunity, I imagine she'd give a pretty fun fight. Thought my son probably wouldn't want to be around for that." Merrze joked. It was true, but she was also giving friendly chatter to another admirable woman. This world certainly had some interesting stories and connections that seemed so tanatilizing. The Empress could see it, hear it in the dungeon. The questions she held were growing, especially upon seeing the broken mural near the gate. Its story brought more questions by confirming suspicions she already had.

The tale it spun showed one of a person's growth, of connections, gained and lost. The real difficulty was putting them all together. There was a story there, but it was lacking in the fine details that would keep the woven threads together. Right now it was nothing more than a mess, something too loose to truly understand. It was a good thing Merr enjoyed a good challenge, it was oxygen in her blood, it was current to her waves. She enjoyed working for freedom, for showing people she was worthy, that the cause of kindness was worthy.

"Libra I appreciate you joining us on this journey. I enjoyed our conversations, I hope at the end of this day you feel your efforts worthy. The conviction you speak of your king, of the world you lived in is honorable. I find you an admirable individual, I will never forget this encounter, my friend. I look forward to meeting your king, to see how he holds up to your praise." Merrze spoke with a passionate heart. Allowing them all a chance to say goodbye, for this next room would be the last. What would Amy bring to them, what had the djinn thought of their actions. Did they have the last challenge? These questions were building but it wouldn't be long till she would have answers. All she had to do was venture forward, and place her hand on the gate. With that, she would move to the final room.

Merlin

Merlin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Despite Libra's rather playful nature, he seemed trustworthy. If this crustacean was such a noble knight he would believe, even if hesitation was heavy on his brow. As his mother suggested, he would be unlikely to be asking for a sparring match with Cepheus. Even with unease in his heart though he would still try and treat her with kindness. She had saved Jason, it sounded as if she was kind and honorable, those were things that the young boy would respect. A faint smile would follow, she deserved kindness just as much as any other living creature. "Thank you for work, I hope any others that visit your lake treat with dignity. I'm sorry for my fear Cepheus, I'm sure you're quite lovely."

With that, he moved on, following his mother and Jason. It wasn't a long watch to the gate, but it was interesting enough to slow the young boy down. The narrative on the door seemed to be the same as the one they say in the main hall. The connection was with the figures, but the tale they talked about had made the young Merlin wonder. What type of life did the djinn live, what was the world he had come from? Merrze had talked about the world before, his mother had heard stories but those were from those who had lived it, the djinn, the Cerberus. Was this one of those stories, or was it something unique? It brought forth so many burning questions.

It did sadden Merlin a little to say goodbye to Libra. He somewhat admired the dungeon beast, to see such a unique magic creature. He wanted to know more about him, about how the rukh danced around him. That was the thing about dreams, they always ended early. So he would make sure to say his goodbyes. "I like your vibe, I wish I could learn more about you and your magic. I hope your King has stories as interesting as yours." That last part was a little joke, he needed to get some of the panics out. After they were ready to depart he would touch the gate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum