You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting Ready For A Long Trip [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jumanah Necowl

Jumanah Necowl
β-Tier
β-Tier

The Job:

Jumanah sprung from bed as she woke up and quickly grabbed her staff. She then raced to the door of the house she had been staying at but was stopped by the man that owned the house. "Whoah there what's the big hurry?" he asked with a rose eyebrow "I thought you didn't have a job set up today." Jumanah nodded to say he was correct and spoke calmly.

"I don't have a job today but right now i'm more excited then in a hurry." The man blinked confused "Oh? And why is that?" He asked curiously. "Because I'm buying supplies for my up coming journey!" She said with a determined look behind her mask. The man sighed and scratched his head. "I take it that this means that you'll be leaving soon...?" he said almost like he didn't believe the idea. She nodded firmly then

"Of course! I'm done just sitting around... I need to get out there and get started on traveling back to my homeland...." he frowned then "Jum... you still need me to clean your mask for you... Ho do you plan on even making it out there by yourself? What are you even going to do when you get-" Jumanah then cut him off "I can handle it okay...? And i'm not sure but that's something I have to figure out on my own...." She said staring into his uncertain eyes.

"Now... i need to leave and go buy some supplies. I want to be on the road as soon as I can be..." She said walking past him and went over to the market area. She felt bad about being so stern with her words to the man.... he had taken care of her for so long... but.... if she worried about every last thing like mask cleaning and what she would do when she arrived at her homeland she would never make it there to even wonder what to do next.

As she walked she bumped into a panicked man who was very well dressed and blinked looking up to him as he quickly took her by the arm as she stumbled back slightly. She blinked as he started to talk "Sorry but could you help me? I have so many things to get on my shopping list that i don't think I will be able to get home to my kids in a reasonable amount of time."

She paused confused but sighed and nodded then, she figured that she could wait on her shopping till after she helped this man. "Sure what can i do?" She asked as he started to rip his list in half handing her one half. "I need you to get these for me" he handed her some money "and meet me back here so you can help me take this all back home." She nodded a bit looking down at the list and the money before looking back up to him and nodded. "Uh... sure..." The man then thanked her and ran off to get his half of the list.

She looked around and frowned thinking 'I don't know where half of where these things should be...' She shook her head and started to focus on finding the items. After what seemed like forever she got all the items and stumbled around slightly as she want back to where she should meet the man as she tried to look over the big mound of items stacked in the basket she held. The man held two baskets and smiled to her. "Excellent! Now follow me back to my house and that will be all i need help with, thank you!"

She nodded and followed him back. The trip felt again like an eternity his house seeming to be all the way on the other side of reim. When they arrived she put the basket down and held out the remaining money to the man who just shook his head with a smile. "Keep what ever is left, you did an amazing job thank you."

She blinked but nodded "Thank you sir." She then started to leave as she looked up to the sky and saw how far the sun had moved. She must have wasted multiple hours just now helping the man but at least she had some extra spending money. She pocketed the money and started on her way back to the market

((748/500 Words))

Jumanah Necowl

Jumanah Necowl
β-Tier
β-Tier

The Job:

On her way back Jumanah was flagged down by some men who were trying to get some boxes off some large caravans. She made her way over and looked at the boxes then back up to the men. "What do you need sir?" She asked the one who flagged her over. "We need some help delivering some of these boxes, if you hep us out we're willing to pay you." h said simply as Jumanah blinked in surprised under her mask.

She though tit was a bit funny how that she was constantly finding jobs now that she wasn't looking for them and was working on something else. She shrugged not really minding the extra work since it seemed to be going in the direction she needed to be going anyways. "Sure, I'll help how many deliveries do you need me  to make for you?" She asked making the man look over the boxes and his men before seeming to weigh out how many they would fall short without her help to meet their deadline.

"About 5?" he offered to see if she was okay with the number. She nodded then "Yeah I can do 5 just give me a box and where it needs to go and i'll be off." she said simply making the man smile as he grabbed a box and handed it to her. "Take this to the clothing merchant this is the new shipment of cloth he ordered." She then nodded and turned on her heel. "You got it!' she said making her way towards the shopping area as the man called out to her. "Thanks kid!"

She made her way there finding the only real troubling thing to be maneuvering around the crowds of people at each stall in the street. She then walked up to the merchant and put the box on the table with a smile. "Here's your delivery sir." she said looking to him as he gave her a nod grabbing the box as he spoke with a customer. Jumanah then made her way back to the men and managed to get the next two deliveries in pretty easily. When she came back this time the man sat on a box and pat the one beside him. She went to grab it but he stopped her with a chuckle.

"No, I meant sit down." She blinked "oh.." she wasn't expecting that but she sat down as he spoke. "You've been working really hard so I think you should take a small break before you continue so you don't wear yourself out." he explained, Jumanah nodded then and smiled softly under her mask. "Well thank you sir." The two then had a small talk as they sat there for a while before Jumanah returned to delivering the packages.

On her last run the man went with her since she had told him she had things she wanted to get at the shopping  area and he didn't want to make her loop back around just to head back out again to get her payment. He gave a nod to the merchant they delivered the box to and smiled to Jumanah. "Well kid you sure helped us out, thanks for your hard work." He said as he handed her the payment. She took it and smiled under her mask nodding. "no problem sir, thank you for the job I really appreciate it." The two then said their goodbyes and went their own ways.

((588/500 Words))

Jumanah Necowl

Jumanah Necowl
β-Tier
β-Tier

The Job:

As Jumanah made her way from the man she was flagged down again and called out to. She blinked and looked over to see a merchant waving her over. She went over then confused as a man put a stack of flyers on the table. "Hey kid I noticed you doing jobs lately and I was wondering if you would be up to helping me. All you gotta do is put up these flyers everywhere you can so I can get more business."

She mentally sighed as it seemed she was instantly pulled into another job but nodded and grabbed the flyers and then the supplies to put them up. "Yeah I can do it for you..." The man the laughed a hardy laugh and roughly ruffled her hair making her head go down from the force. "Excellent!" He then stopped and shooed her off "Off you go then" Jumanah muttered under her breath as she started to walk off then.

She started to put up the flyers anywhere and everywhere she could fit them and managed to get back after a long time. There were a few things missing from his stand as he talked to some more people. "I fin-" The an then cut her off. "Another thing, can you go around and holler out to all who you see that I have a sale going so even more people come? I'll pay you extra if you do!"

Jumanah sighed but nodded "Yeah I can-" she stumbled forward as he roughly pat her on the back. "Great! Off you go." He said shooing her off again making her eyebrow twitch as she walked off muttering to herself again. She then started to run around and shout out loudly about his store and its sale. Many people just looked annoyed but some actually made their way over and bought more things from his store.

Each time she would start to head back over his would call out to her. "You're doing great! Keep going!" Making her groan from built up annoyance but she would go back to running around and slowly getting more people to go over and buy his things. When the sun was going down she made her way back over once again panting from all the running and shouting and saw his store totally sold out.

He smiled happily to her and tossed her some money in a bag. She just barely caught it and the man thanked her before heading off. She then took in a deep breath as she realized she could finally go shopping now. She then wondered around from stall to stall but as she did each one told her they were sorry and were closed now making her shoulder slump in defeat.

She though went back to the place she was staying at and walked to her room and flopped backwards onto the bed after taking her staff off her back. She then pulled off her mask and turned it so that its face was facing her and looked at it for a long while. "Soon.... I promise...." She said quietly before putting the mask back on and letting her arm go dead weight beside her as she quickly fell asleep being exhausted after all that running around.

((549/500 Words))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum