You are not connected. Please login or register

Odd jobs part 2: Lonely Orphans Cyrus Job/Solo

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cyrus Argentum

Cyrus Argentum
β-Tier
β-Tier

The day was hot. The children were running around seeming like they were fine like there was no attack at all. Cyrus was nervous, he wasn’t exactly enthusiastic about hanging around children but he needed the money to help him get home to his country of Reim. His eyes still half open, he wondered into the orphanage a bit further many of the kids came up to him and started poking at him one little boy asked him “why are you so pale? Where are you from?” taken aback for a little bit, Cyrus quickly regained his senses and responded gently “Well, I’m from this country called Reim its in the northwest it doesn’t get as much sun as it does here…and I hardly go outside when the sun is out.” After a while, when the kids were feeling more comfortable with him Cyrus told them to play a game the he had played when he was younger wheel and stick the played and had fun with it for a while but the kids began to lose interest preferring to play with each other than to talk to the orange haired stranger in the corner.  “This isn’t bad,” he thought. “I can just sit here and enjoy the afternoon. The kids are finally ignoring me and I don’t feel like playing much anyway.” He was just about to succumb to his laziness when he noticed a small child sitting in the corner staring off into the distance. He was all alone and the other kids seemed to disregard him as well.  Somewhat disappointed in the fact that he would not be able to enjoy his slaking, he walked over to the little boy. He asked rather stiffly, “Hi, what’s your name?” “Ptolemy”, he said weakly  “what’s wrong why aren’t you playing with the other kids they seem friendly?” “They don’t interest me…” Cyrus chuckled; he realized that he was almost exactly like that when he was young.

The two talked for what felt like hours and slowly Ptolemy opened up to Cyrus eventually Cyrus got up and said “You should talk to the other kids Ptolemy, you’ll never know what will happen some of them look pretty cool” “I guess you’re right” he said, “I guess I can get pretty isolated at times without realizing it” he laughed and went to the play with the other kids. Cyrus looked on, smiling he reminisced about his younger sister and older brother being as kind and gentle as he was to that little boy slowly urging him to open up and talk to others and make new friends.  He soon realized that the sun was on the horizon and bathed the city in a fuchsia glow. It would rain soon a rare occurrence in these parts so he made sure he got the kids inside for their meal. He smiled as he left the orphanage soon realizing that he should go home soon…back to Reim to see his family again. Something he was all too grateful for after today. Cyrus stared up at the clouds now rolling in and felt the rain on his face after the storm subsides he would go home see his family again a week at most. He went back to his hostel room and ruminated about Ptolemy, hoping that he would be ok resolving that he would be. “He has the ability to make new friends and he should be happy.” He thought. “I hope I’ll see him again soon.” He lay down on his bed listening to the pitter-patter of the rain outside until the sounds floated him off to the land to dreams.

608/500

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum