You are not connected. Please login or register

Planning For Adventure! Looking for active rpers!

+2
Zander
Duquin
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Greetings everyone!

Currently I'm contesting for capturing the latest dungeon, Marax. Once the dungeon is complete, whether I get the djinn or not, I will be taking on the quest for travelling the world.

As I stop in each country, I'll be sticking around to take active rpers on high rank missions for exp and fun. This thread is for anyone interested in rping with Yakuroro to start planning stuff with me before hand. I'd like to help everyone with character growth and plot development and Yaku can serve as both a protagonist and an antagonist(as it is in his nature to trick people).

If you feel you want Yakuroro to help out with your characters plot development, help with a job, or finish some training, please post here with an explanation of what you're looking for.

Joining Yakuroro: If you want to join Yakuroro on his travels, I'll reserve the right to be more picky. He'll be travelling by magic carpet, unless it gets stolen, and generally be trying to do "good guy" stuff promoting the growth of white rukh. If you think you want to be a part of that, then let me know you mean it by posting or pming me a decent plan for how our characters could end up travelling together. I'll decide if I'd like to travel together after rping out a first meeting IC.

Allies Sought After: The following are a list of allies and companions I'd like Yakuroro to eventually have as close friends. These people would be potential house hold members, but are of course welcome to ask for help in conquering their own dungeons. But I'm not looking for betrayals here...yet. Eventually I plan on having that happen, and I'll work together with someone to ensure the knife gets stuck deep in Yakuroro's back. But that will be later in his plot.

NO BLACK RUKH! Yakuroro will kick you out of the party the moment he detects depravity in an individual. Exceptions will be made for those truly trying to change their character's alignment to white. Yaku can be a wonderful influence for that as promoting white rukh is what he's travelling for.

Life Magician ~ Preferably one who is both offensive and supportive with their life magic. A quality life magician is top priority for me as their second magic type will be lightning.

Finalis ~ Strength spec'd and ready to crush skulls. But also holding a key defensive role. I'll be veeeery picky before finally deciding on this spot as this individual would need to be great friends with Yaku IC and be someone whom he can trust with his life. If female, this role is also open to romance with Yaku over time if desired.

Strength Magician ~ Valued as a very potent amplifyer who works with other members of the team the most. Should have a personality that can get along with most of the team members while on the battle field(bumping heads in socials is comedic and I love it so that's fine.) This role will be helping the finalis send their attacks flying while confusing and distracting enemies with light magic on top of Yaku's sound magic illusions.

Master of Weapons ~ Someone with a weapon or a tool for any scenario. Could be a Dex or Strength spec. Preference to this role will be give to more stealth and subterfuge focused characters capable of swiftly getting into enemy blind spots and dealing damage where it will hurt the most.

Beast Whisperer ~ A kind and gentle soul who befriends their beasts rather than dominate them. As Yakuroro is going to be getting Dom as a secondary spec, I'll need someone to teach him the ropes. Your role will depend on your beasts and there is no preference on my part for what kind of beast you have.

Last edited by Yakuroro on 08/03/14, 09:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier

Put who's your current travelling companions.
Which, as far as I know, is Zadi and myself.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Shhhhh! That hasn't happned just yet, and like I said I don't know if Zadi will be joining me after the dungeon or not.

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier

well, he got pretty annoyed when I asked if I could join you, saying that he was your companion, so...

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi might end up being traumatized after the dungeon depending on things go XD

well, maybe not, but either which way, I think it would be best if I stayed on my own and took my time leveling up and all that.

maybe Yaku and Zadi will meet again after they split up. It would be a good story event for the boht of us =D

and btw Zander, I wasn't necessarily annoyed, just worried that Zander the character would attract black rukh...you know, the usual XD

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier

There has to be ying to every yang, you know. Besides, he's like 90% white, 10% black

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

pfff, you said your character would get more and more evil as he progresses XD

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier

To the point of 50-50. As I said, lord of grey. The master of "Evil has its place, but so does good".

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

All the same, your a ruffian XD

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Alright alright, enough you two :P Quit squabbling in my recruiting thread! :3

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sorry about that, the past is the past. Sorry Zander =P

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Updated with a list of full time companions I'd ideally want.

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier

So... considering that I have SOME black rukh... I can't join you any more? Or is it a "Black alignment" thing?

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Exceptions will be made for those truly trying to change their character's alignment to white.

If you have your character make a decision to change his ways and don't produce any black rukh in his presence then you can stay. The moment you reveal that side to him, you will be forced to leave IC.

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier

And this is the problem with zealous morons.

They don't see the beauty in a bit of organized evil. Sometimes you gotta burn down the orphanage to distract the tyrannosaurus rex that would have destroyed the city with the smell of burning meat. Burning orphan meat.

Delicious.

Evangeline

Evangeline
D-Tier
D-Tier

I will be your life mage Yaku..

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I thought you might apply Luci :3 But you need to follow what my first post asks and post or pm something a bit more detailed other than the mere desire to join. You gotta have some juicy plot or really great IC interactions to get those permanent companions spots. But you're still welcome to request an rp with Yaku even as someone he just met. I will still take people on high rank jobs even if they aren't in my "crew" so to speak.

Noah

Noah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Well as I told you in Cb this morning I am more than willing to RP with you in Helio. I'm hoping my interent will be good to go early on this week and I dont forsee you even hitting the deep south of the map for at least a few weeks so by the time you get there I should be good to go. I'm cool with mission threads or even casual ones.

Here is my profile to get a feel for Noah though: https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t37-noah-finished#64

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Noah wrote:Well as I told you in Cb this morning I am more than willing to RP with you in Helio. I'm hoping my interent will be good to go early on this week and I dont forsee you even hitting the deep south of the map for at least a few weeks so by the time you get there I should be good to go. I'm cool with mission threads or even casual ones.

Here is my profile to get a feel for Noah though: https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t37-noah-finished#64

I'm actually planning on taking a portal down to heliohapt and starting up the regions one by one. This way I will end my journey in Imuchakk. At last, Yaku will have returned home and his journey will have come full circle.

Noah

Noah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Oh well in that case I better train some stuff haha. But yea that should be fine. I may only be able to post once a day if that so I understand if you dont have to time to waste on me xD

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier

Okay, you want to know some juicy IC relationships and development? I have an idea for you.

Zander meets them in the dungeon, either after getting the item or during a fight to get the item. One way or another, they end up getting out of the lair, and Zander asks to go along with them - either because he needs to safeguard the item to prevent other nations getting it, although he won't admit that, or because he needs a guide to continue his 'list'.

They stick together for a while, Zander being the good man that he has the possibility to be, never once showing a black rukh before they wind up in Imuchakk or something similar. He then stumbles across one of the names remaining on his list and he goes out of his way to kill the bastard. Yaku stumbles across him, black rukh beginning to swarm around him as he's about to put the man out of Zander's misery.

Thus starts a moral struggle - what good is morality if it lets slavers and torturers get away without punishment? What good in revenge if it corrupts you? A whole "people need to pay" vs "You're better than this" kind of thing.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Noah wrote:Oh well in that case I better train some stuff haha. But yea that should be fine. I may only be able to post once a day if that so I understand if you dont have to time to waste on me xD

Once a day is fine for non-permanent companions. So no worries there.

Zander wrote:Okay, you want to know some juicy IC relationships and development? I have an idea for you.

Zander meets them in the dungeon, either after getting the item or during a fight to get the item. One way or another, they end up getting out of the lair, and Zander asks to go along with them - either because he needs to safeguard the item to prevent other nations getting it, although he won't admit that, or because he needs a guide to continue his 'list'.

They stick together for a while, Zander being the good man that he has the possibility to be, never once showing a black rukh before they wind up in Imuchakk or something similar. He then stumbles across one of the names remaining on his list and he goes out of his way to kill the bastard. Yaku stumbles across him, black rukh beginning to swarm around him as he's about to put the man out of Zander's misery.

Thus starts a moral struggle - what good is morality if it lets slavers and torturers get away without punishment? What good in revenge if it corrupts you? A whole "people need to pay" vs "You're better than this" kind of thing.

I think you are misunderstanding the circumstance through which black rukh manifests, as well as Yakuroro's intentions.

1st: Just killing someone or being mean doesn't produce black rukh. Both can stoke the flames so to speak and both can be byproducts of emotions amplified by black rukh's presence. But to make black rukh appear you have to go against fate and try to defy your own destiny. Even when he was torturing his slaves, Jamil(The chief from the first dungeon Amon) did not produce any black rukh. Nor did the finalis corp members produce any when they were incredibly violent and gung ho about tearing mages they were at war with to shreds.

Negative actions and emotions are all closely tied to black rukh, but by themselves are not enough to cause it. Those emotions have to be so extreme that you actually look at the fate you've been granted with resentment. It means choosing the negative route at key turning points in your characters personal plot. When fully throw yourself against the tide of fate and your actions are in the interest of destroying the way things are simply because you don't like it, THEN black rukh will go all a flutter.

Granted, you could get all worked up in an argument with Yaku about your killing being justified, and produce black rukh under the extreme emotional stress....but as you'll soon find out, that wouldn't even happen.

2nd: Because black rukh has its own unique sensation, Yakuroro understands at least one thing about it. It is different from normal. When he first encountered it, sure, he was interested. But once he saw first hand the conditions required to create black rukh, Yaku realized that it was dangerous and had the power to corrupt. Fearing his own darkness, he fears the black rukh as a phobia. It is actually listed on his profile.

He wont give a damn that you just killed someone. If you're an assassin following orders, then you're an assassin following orders. So long as you were killing bad people, Yaku wouldn't mind. However the moment he lays eyes on black ruhk coming from your body, he is going to freak the heck out and tell you that you can't travel with him any more.

Tsuki Yomi

Tsuki Yomi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Wait, hang on...

Zander is a good guy, he fights to end slavery and protects the victim. He sees himself as the ultimate guardian, and is a king candidate because he wants to make a utopia where racism and slavery is outlawed. Yet because he kills people out of a sense of angry justification and revenge for entrapping him in slavery, staff made me give him some black rukh.

I don't understand, cos one of you two are completely wrong.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

No, they told you to have occasional black rukh. This would be when you are being driven by your extreme prejudice towards slavers to do terrible things. When you burn down the village of innocents to just kill one guy and then have a mental orgasm about how good it felt.

You have the potential to fall into depravity if you ever let that take you too far. So for example, lets say you go to a kingdom with TONS of fucking slaves and slave owners and find that conditions there are really bad for slaves. I could see that making him mad enough to do some really terrible things in that country, possible even try to kill its leaders or start some kind of coup/revolution. Even if that meant sacrificing lots of innocent lives along the way. That would be a path that would lead to you being consumed by the black rukh.

Your "fate" is to more or less be the general good guy that Alek usually is. It is only when he goes against that fate to the zealous extreme of negative emotions/actions that black rukh will manifest.

Tsuki Yomi

Tsuki Yomi
D-Tier
D-Tier

In that case, considering how angry it would have to make him, I think Zander'd be a good companion. Maybe when it comes to his Conqueror arc they'd split ways, but until then he'd remain being an assassin rather than a revolutionary.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum