You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hunt Continues [Job/Chain/Reserved]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

The First Hunt pt 2:
This was it. Bahir had taken the information he received from the old Fanalis, , and used it to track down the man who would be his key to finding his father. To his surprise, though not really, the man was a slave trader. This person shouldn't even exist in Bahir's mind. King Lagi had outlawed all slavery and slave trade in Reim. How dare this guy keep this going behind his back?! The thought alone was enough to rile up the young Fanalis. In order to keep his cool, the young man chewed on the interior side of his cheek. Making his way to the famous port, Portsmouth! The King has a sense of humor, apparently.. He mused to himself. The fact that this place was used primarily as a port and its name was Portsmouth became a corny joke in Bahir's mind. Thankfully, this helped sate his anger.

There was one vessel in the area that seemed not to move. In the three days of Bahir staking out and observing the port, one ship stood fast. This would serve as Bahir's vantage point. In the past three days, Bahir took note of the slave trader's workings. He would come to the port sooner as the days passed by. The latest night, before the first. Bahir could only imagine that he worked faster later in the week. This meant that the young Fanalis wouldn't have to wait too long for the man. All he had to do, was relax on the deck of the vessel and wait until he heard others starting to come onto the docks. Easy thing, yeah? It was basically a waiting game. The young wolf, learning how to pounce on his prey.

A few hours passed and Bahir was still there, lying on his back on the deck with his hands behind his head. While his eyes were closed, Bahir was focused on his hearing. Soon, the cue he was listening for rung true. The sounds of chains feintly rattling and the murmuring of a few men's voices. Wait... a FEW men?! That was odd. The other nights, the man had been alone. Could someone had informed the trader of Bahir snooping around? Either way, the Fanalis wouldn't let that stop him. He needed to get that information out of the slave trader... and he was prepared to do whatever was necessary. Without another thought, moved from a laying position to a crouched one. The eyes of the young Fanalis keyed in on the three figures walking ahead of a group chained up men and women. Slaves, apparently. Raising the hood over his head and lifting the cloth over his face, Bahir began using his Shadow Blend technique. The dark coloring of his clothing and the dimly lit port made it highly effective for his stealth technique.

As the men came closer, it was much easier for Bahir to hear what they were saying. Details that didn't interest the Fanalis at all. He jumped down from the ship, landing without making a noise due to his feather foot skill. He on the far side of the ship away from the slave trader and the two other men, whom he would assume were the trader's guards, and eavesdropped on their conversation for a bit. They seemed to be waiting on their trade ship to show up. Their conversation, however, had nothing to do with the ship that they were waiting on. It seemed to have a more grave subject matter: the casual, discreet invasion of Reim by the Kou army.

"So they're saying that Kou has been coming more frequently?" "Yes sir. Word is that they're starting to catch wind of some of their officials getting offed over here." "Great! Just great. We need to get these bastards out of here then. Quick. Before those Kou punks git over here and try to ruin our business." The trader seemed to be inquiring about the Kou invasion. This news has really spread throughout Reim now. The question now is, how far outside of Remano has it truly spread? Even though Portsmouth knows about this, it isn't that far from the capital.

Deciding to make his move now, Bahir moved from behind the ship and sneaks up behind one of the guards, still using his Shadow Blend. Once close enough, Bahir hiked up his leg and performed a front kick into the center of the guard's back, sending him flying into the ocean. The slaves, remaining guard, and slave trader turned around in awe, looking at Bahir. The young Fanalis made eye contact with the trader, his crimson orbs starting to fill with an impatient rage. "Gonna say this once. Have you seen an older Fanalis by the name of Hakim. He used to be in possession of you and your boss, until King Lagi outlawed this nasty habit of yours." Bahir, unfortunately, was only met with agitation. "You f***in' piece of s***, Fanalis! Even if I knew where he was, I'd be SELLING him! No Fanalis good for his worth would go without me makin money off him! You, darklander, caught me on a bad day. You don't get to be sold... I'm gonna kill you where you stand! You there!" The trader looked to his remaining guard and cracked his whip against the man's back. "Git that bastard!"

The buffed guard sprinted towards Bahir with his sword after receiving his orders. The slave trader knew exactly what to say to aggravate one of the races that could be angered by the wind blowing the wrong direction (not literally, of course). As the guard neared the Fanalis, Bahir simply sidestepped the thrusted sword and brought his elbow up and crashed it into the man's face. Due to Bahir's Fanalis strength, the man hit the ground hard and was instantly knocked unconscious. It just left Bahir and the slave trader now. "I know you have the information I'm looking for. Last chance. If you tell me what I want to know, I'll just free your slaves and be on my way. You don't have to get hurt." The trader laughed and spat in Bahir's direction. "F*** you, darklander! Bite me!"

The trader rushed Bahir and made his attempt at the young Fanalis. He swung a punch at the red-haired assassin, hoping to get the first hit in. Bahir, however, had other plans. He rolled forward, going underneath the man's arm and came to a crouching position, facing the slaves chained up together. The trader was able to turn around by the time Bahir had gotten to his knee, and had his whip uncoiled. Within a few seconds, the whip was wrapped around Bahir's neck and the young Fanalis was wide eyed. He tried to pry the whip from his throat as the trader tugged on the weapon, tightening the bind and trying to suffocate Bahir. The Fanalis reached behind him and gripped the whip and gave it a hard tug, forcing the trader from his feet. Feeling the body of the trader fly forward and, Bahir turned and caught the man. Gripping the trader's collar, Bahir lifted the man and his tone became more threatening. "Now. Tell me all you can about Hakim." Realizing how helpless he was against the Fanalis, the Trader started to shake a bit out of nervousness.

"Okay okay! There was an older Fanalis guy scheduled to come with the last batch, but he wasn't sufficiently 'broken' enough for us to sell him. So I left him at the Western Front with my boss. There was no way I would be able to bring him with me without losing all of them!" Bahir glared at the man. It seemed like he was trying to get sympathy out of the Fanalis. "The Western Front... gotcha." Before the Trader realized that Bahir was satisfied with the information, Bahir's fist crashed into the man's stomach. He then tossed him backwards, hearing the splash of the trader's body hitting against the ocean waves.

Doubting the information from the slave trader, Bahir went over and broke the chains holding the slaves in place. He questioned them about the legitimacy of the statement, and after he was affirmed, he started to head away from the area. The first stop was his apartment... then... the Western Front.
Word Count: 1402/1000
Stamina: 100/120

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum