[job/Minerva]You Got Buns Hun~

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Minerva tucked her staff into the crook of her elbow, scribbling a final note with her pen. She tapped her chin, repeatedly, mumbling something about lightning not chaining correctly while brushing a strand of hair over her ear with a cobalt glove.

She'd made a trip out into the winter wasteland to find a place to train in solitude. Her time with Ari was invaluble, and she'd learned more from the woman than she ever had on her own, but time to experiment on uer own was something she both needed and enjoyed. The ebony covered book she used as her spell library snapped shut and she tucked the small tome in her bag, letting the staff roll off her arm, a flick of her wrist tossing it to herself.

She was vaguely aware of something close by, or at least was imagining something. Regardless, she caught her staff, whirling around like a dervish. She was greeted with the sight of Jahangir, although several features were far too smll to make out. Her violet pools contact Jahangir's eyes as her staff gives off a slight crackle, her mind preparing itself just in case he was hostile. She would be cautious, like always, but logic would indicate the man most likely wasn't hostile.

[Word Count 208/1500]
[Magoi 150/150]

Last edited by Minerva Gladius on 24/11/14, 04:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

"My name is Minerva..." Her staff stopped crackling, the blue-white glow of electricity remaining as a light. She could easily see the halfling's features now, her frown lessening. She'd never truly been one for having her training interrupted, much less with with obvious information that logic could lead her to.

Her voice was mildly irked, but the high tone of her voice greeted Jahangir nonetheless. "I'm well aware of the dangers this cavern presents. All of the caverns in the waste present a danger to those who enter, and I'd be a fool not to prepare for the worse." Her face is visibly irritated. She hated people implying she was ignorant of something she fully knew about. Of course, Jahangir had never met her before, and didn't know she only walked into unknown situations prepared, so she wan't going to be too upset. She casts the light around the room, illuminating the few entrances to the large space "But this area of the cave seems to be rather secluded, so it's an ideal place for me to train...alone..."

She starts to turn, walking away fro Jahangir before she suddenly whirls to face him, but her curiosity piqued by his statement. "What do you mean I don't look intimidating? Is it my demeanor, or the clothing?" She tries to formulate a reason, but her head is clouded with multiple factors. "Ugh... Perhaps it is better if I don't know," she chuckles a bit, "the unseen blade is the deadliest, as the adage goes."

She takes her free hand and reaches into her bag for her water skin, the cobalt clove contrasting the pitch black of the leather pouch holding her water.She slipped off the cap before taking a long swig, leaning her staff against the wall so she could lift the pouch up, letting w quick drink flow out. She replaced the cap, the strap attached to the outer pouch allowing it to slide down and hang by her waist.

His sword stuck out to her, although the logic of a sword and a man with the strength to leap half the enclosure's distance in a single spring was blatant. She wondered of the man's training, and whether or not he had trained with the guards in Reim, particularly any of the captains. She hazarded the guess that he was working on a job, from Reim, or either very, very lost, and based on his appearance and confidence, the first outcome seemed the most likely.

[Word Count 424/1500]
[Magoi 150/150]

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Her face reddens immediately when Jahangir calls her adorable. She'd been peppered with taunts of "old hag" and "senile biddy" for her grey hair, but she'd rarely been called attractive, much less adorable, and usually those words were uttered by her family members. She twisted her hands around her staff in embarrassment, biting her lip with a nervous quiver as he delivers an unexpected revelation.

She knew expecting creatures would be a safe bet, but she never expected the emergence of a new species to be a possible threat. She would remember to calculate that in next time. Of course, she at least expected something dangerous, so all that was left was to up her level of caution.

With the light being given off, and his closer proximity, she was able to give him a closer look. She couldn't place his nationality at first glance, but he was definitely handsome. Of course, her blush reddened even further when he made the suggestions of his wager.

"Look..I'm not one to take gambles I don't know I'll win...and especially given what you said. I was sure that this cave would hold something of it's own, but a new species was," she pauses, trying to figure out a way that didn't make her seem like an ass for saying what she had in such an annoyed manner. She eventually decided that there wasn't a way, and that she'd just have to settle for looking a fool. "It wasn't something I calculated in to my preparations." She casts her gaze towards one of the entrances, realizing that the species could feasibly be much stronger than her.

"I'll...take your bet, Jahangir...but only once we make it out of this cave. I'd rather leave my Borg untouched in case I happen to need it."

Besides, she thought, with that kind of leap I'm sure to lose that bet anyway, and I'd rather be at Reim when it's broken, not in the waste.

She progresses towards the entrance she had come through, her staff providing a light for the two of them, if Jahangir chose to follow. Her steps are slow and methodical, following a series of marks on the wall she had made with a brush that let her know which direction she had come from.

"It shouldn't be too far now, almost," her words are cut of by a growl...no...three growls.

She immediately turns as she exits the small tunnel, spotting something she knew had never been recorded. Three roars assaulted her head simultaneously, the abrasive noise echoing down the cavern's towards Jahangir. She immediately slammed her staff against the ground, a pulse of white lightning echoing out from around her, the wave radiating towards the beast. The sudden light gave her a better view of the beast, her eyes widening in fear as she realized the monstrous tiger had three heads.

The beast simply dodged the static pulse by leaping the distance towards the young maiden, but the gentle girl had already taken a precaution, sliding back after firing the wave, her rukh pulsating around her to file themselves into five crackling orbs. She launches the first of her shock spheres without hesitation, missing the beast slightly as she tries to catch it on landing. The next orb, however, pummel's the creature in the face, every orb after finding it's mark somewhere on the tiger's heads, the cumulative trauma dealing d-tier damage to the beast

She readies her staff again, the air around her crackling with the occasional arc of arcana. She know's Jahangir will be right behind her, and having someone with such blatant strength on her side gave her some comfort, but she wasn't able to relax, even with the bruised and bloodied beast before her. Letting your guard down was the fastest way to death, and she didn't intend for that to happen anytime soon.

Spells:

[Word Count 1074/1500]
[Magoi 120/150]

8[job/Minerva]You Got Buns Hun~ Empty Two words: Head Shot 25/11/14, 06:33 pm

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Minerva shuddered as the middle skull of the cat shattered beneath Jahangir's foot. How on earth he had ever believed that her borg would have withstood such monsterous physical strength, she had no idea, but she was more certain than ever that a hit from him would leave her borg shattered. Jahangir's fast response to the yeti displayed a level of intent she hadn't gleaned from a surface analysis of his character, but his sudden spring back to her side stunned her even more.

"Such a gentleman. I think I could take care of this abomination." She flashes a radiate smile at the man, the light from her staff bouncing off her hair at just the right angle, streaks of rainbow appearing in her locks, scintillating with the haphazard crackle of the electric light.

She steps forward, facing the fledgling yeti, her eyes sizing the creature up with every step it takes towards her. She stares up as the creature lets loose another bellow directly into her face, strands of saliva spattering against her cheek.

She wipes her cheek with the back of her glove before falling to the side, easily evading his club and springing a short distance away. Her boots touched the ground, the toothy steel pads on the bottom giving her a bit more traction in the frigid cave.

The yeti was thick, and looked like it could easily take a hit from one of her weaker spells, and possibly one of her more effective ones. She smiled, taking note of a chunk of rock behind her. The club showed the use of lesser inteligence, but his communicative skills and singular call showed he could easily be tricked.

She called out, goading an attack, watching as the muscle ridden snowman brought his oak club over his head. The moment he started to swing it at her face, she threw herself to the side, the satisfying crack telling her he had impaled the club on the rocky crag. A strained series of grunting afterward indicating he was trying to remove the club from the rock, leaving himself completely unguarded.

The rukh around her sizzled and chirped, spiraling the static in the air around her into a single spear of condensed lightning. She brought her staff down, the shock spear rocketing towards the yeti, conecting on it's neck and bursting, dealing C tier damage.

A satisfying snap echoed around the cavern, the combined force of her spear and the burst enough to snap the yeti's neck. She watched the beast, head bent at an unnatural angle, slowly crumple to the ground atop of his own club.

She turned back to Jahangir, a satiafied smirk on her face. "Easy target. Outsmarted and outperformed." She twirls her staff, sliding it between her hands with a grin. "Let's get out, Shall we? The entrance isn't too far." She sets off at a jog, knowing her way out of the cavern from their current location.

spells:

Word Count 1566/1500
Magoi 100/150

Last edited by Minerva Gladius on 25/11/14, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As the adrenaline died down from the battle, Jahangir would note that he had been putting stress throughout that battle on a broken leg. The snake's constriction had been crushing, and the man's body would soon realize just what kind of pain it was in.

His ability to walk had been taken from him. If he intended on making it anywhere, he would have to crawl. There seemed to be a draft coming in through one of the openings he had made.

If Minerva was still there, she may have had the opportunity to note Jahangir's current predicament.

OOC:

At this point, this thread no longer counts to the maximum number of threads you may be in at a time. There is still an item to receive at the end of this dungeon/cavern system~

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Jahangir!"

Her melodious voice echoes throughout the cavern, the pounding of her boots on the floor of the cave following her voice. She moves quickly through the blood spattered cavern, recoiling at the stench, but casting her light about the room to locate him. She tops when she notices the pile of snake gut mud strewn about the cavern, bracing herself against the visage of the ruined snake's body.

Her stomach rolls, her body fighting itself to keep her lunch down amidst the stench and gore.  Her stomach wins, and she soon tastes bile on the back of her tongue. She bends over and clutches her stomach as the convulsions add her vomit to the mess within the cavern. She's trapped momentarily, held in her doubled over position until her stomach has emptied itself, her forehead dripping in a cold sweat. She gets a few dry heaves, eventually getting herself under control.

Unable to see Jahangir she calls out for him again, sprinting down one of the new pasagages that she could only assume had been from the fight. She trembled, but kept on running. If what was in here had gotten Jahan and killed that snake, then she was walking to he death, but if it was Jahangir...she didn't know what to expect. The man was handsome, sure, but that wasn't what mattered to her. He was the first male that wasn't related to her that had made her feel somewhat special.

She realizes the cave has disappeared from around her, before her lies Jahangir's prone frame against the snow, his leg badly mangled.

"JAHANGIR!!" She sprint's over towards his body, kneeling beside him as she scolds him. "Don't scare me like that...I thought you had died with no reincarnations left..." She sets him against the wall, of the ravine they were in, pulling her eyes to where Jahangir had been staring before.

Her eyes go wide, the deep onyx gate atop the stone steps gushed an etherial blue light. "Jahan.....you found a dungeon!!" She nearly leaps from excitement. From his new position, Jahangir could easily see up the steps if he looked.

[color=#9966cc]"I need to get Ariella! She can heal your leg.....I think!" She pauses, looking at the man. "Don't die.....You owe me lunch sometime soon for scaring me like that." She leans down, making arguably the second riskiest decision of her life and kisses his cheek. "Stay safe, I'll be back as fast as I can."

She sets a blanket, food, and her water skin by the man, sprinting back towards town as fast as she could.

She hurls herself into the inn, bracing herself against the counter to stop her sprint. "I need the number of the room Ariella is staying in..." her breath escaping in shallow pants, her eyes pleading. Within seconds, the young woman is bolting up the stairs, spinning around a corner before stopping at a room. She pounds on the door fiercely, sesperate for her to be in. "Ari! My friend broke his leg in a cave! I need you as fast as possible!"

Last edited by Minerva Gladius on 26/11/14, 12:06 pm; edited 4 times in total

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ariella rubbed her eyes, trying to dispel the headache forming when she heard panic-filled steps racing up the stairs and a loud banging at her door. When she flung open the door, she saw Minerva standing there, breathless and looking more than a bit worried.

"Slow down, someone is hurt?"

She did not wait to ask questions about who the friend was or why they were in a cave, she simply grabbed her wand and cloak, quickly following the other magician out the door. Wanting to save as much time as possible, she grabbed the girl's arm and led her to the stable around the corner, her horse saddled and waiting, as she had been about to leave for Kios. Not wasting any time she climbed into the saddle and then dragged Minerva on after her. The mare whinnied for a moment, side-shuffling at having two riders before getting comfortable under the weight. At the press of Ari's heels to her flank, she took off. Ari followed Minerva's directions to the cave, pushing the horse into a lope.

When they arrived at the cave entrance the other magician led them to, she dismounted, trusting her horse to stay put. Minerva led her on a winding path through the cave until she saw a familiar figure lying on the floor.

"Jahan? You can dance like a fool, but you let some cave beat you up? Tsk."

She sighed and shook her head, checking over the man's leg.

"This is going to hurt, I need to straighten it before I can heal it."

Without any more warning, she yanked the leg straight, ignoring any yells of pain as she pulled out her wand, murmuring to the rukh and casting Major Heal on the reckless man, the rukh responding to quickly begin mending the damaged bone. While she waited for the spell to finish its work, she finally took a look around them, her breath catching in her throat at seeing the massive gate in the distance.

"Did you.... did you find a freaking DUNGEON?"

[270/300 Magoi]

Ability Used:

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Mimerva cringes when Jahangir's bone snaps back into place, the crack of the bone turning her stomach slightly, but after seing the organ mulch that Jahangir left behind after his last fight she was sure nothing could make her sick again She looks around, noticing the pulverized wolf.

Jahan can destroy a wolf on his own with a broken leg...I would be in too much pain to even move...

She grits her teeth, biting back the stream of curses at her own weakness that were begging to erupt from her mouth. She knew the other two were far stronger than her, and had Jahangir not needed to protecther from the snake, he wouldn't have broken his leg, or at least she believed.

She pushes Jahangir's hand away gently, not with malice, but with sadness. "Jahan...I'm flattered...but I don't want to stand in the shadow of someone...I want to be able to stand beside my allies, not cower in fear as they carry me, and the same thing applies to the person I wed myself to. We've just met and neither of us should make such an impulsive decision..." She turn's back towards the cave, the grip on her staff tightening as she takes a step back. "I need to get stronger...I have to." She breaks into a run, dashing back into the cave, making her way back to Reim to study and find more jobs in the Western Front.

[Exit]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

[job/Minerva]You Got Buns Hun~ I1dJlj7

Though the group knew the majesty of the scene before them, only Ariella and Minerva were able to see the white Rukh that had flooded the opening. It was almost as if Fate itself were guiding somebody towards the gate. It was somewhat impressive that the Magicians knew that this was the gate to a dungeon, considering the uniqueness of the entire thing. Even so, the advent of the dungeons throughout the countries had begun rumors, and the sight before them had certainly fit the grand nature that they may have heard of.

The long trek up the stairs were arduous, yet the Fanalis man seemed to weather the task well enough. Though his leg was just recently healed, it was fully functional; the magic that his companion, Ariella, had cast upon the leg had done a great job in fixing any problems. As he walked closer to the gate the remaining White Rukh began to gather around him. When he was ten steps from the top, a man from a cropping of rocks to the side stood up and began approaching Jahangir and Ariella.

The Tower Guardian:

"Halt..." The sound of his voice rumbled, as if there were an avalanche of rocks that had caused the noise to conform to normal speech conventions. "I am the Tower Guardian..." Though he had no obvious weapons upon his body, there was a certain danger that cackled within the air. "I travel... From Tower to Tower... Searching... Judging those who think they're worthy..." He spoke with pauses between his words. A certain sense of finality weighed upon the man's speech, as if his word were law.

He approached Jahan, slowly, and stared into the man's eyes. From beneath the hood, Jahan may have caught a glint of green. After a period of time passed, the being nodded. "You have the qualities... But I warn you... The Master of this place... Holds smarts and conviction above all else."

With that, the Tower Guardian walked away from Jahan and sat back upon his hidden perch. From below, it would be impossible to see the man, yet it was quite simple now that they were nearly on the same level.

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ariella gazed in wonder, only half hearing the words of the guardian. The rukh fluttering around gave her an uplifted feeling and she could not hep but to edge closer to the gate. Grabbing Jahan by the arm before he could do something foolish, like challenge the guard for the fun of it, she dragged him with her to the gate. She stopped just short of the entrance, heart racing in wonder.

"Well... I think it may be time for an adventure, now that you are all healed up... shall we?"

She would not give him an opportunity to respond before touching the gate with a tentative hand, her other holding Jahan's arm. She was suddenly enveloped in a white fog of nothingness and then went tumbling into the bright abyss.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum