You are not connected. Please login or register

Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp Empty Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp 25/10/14, 01:04 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

To make everyone's life easier, I've put the code for my re-working of each ability underneath the original. Please look to the code below for each edited version.

If a spell does not have code under it, that means I believe it should still be acceptable after the updates but I'll leave them up in case that isn't so.

Djinn Abilities
Djinn Equip Ability:

Spells
D-Tier:

C-Tier:

B-Tier:

A-tier:

2Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp Empty Re: Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp 25/10/14, 03:21 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

First and foremost; Please add a form Assigned Weapon: or Assigned Item: to any abilities that are registered under a weapon or item. Otherwise, please make the necessary purchases in the Item shop in order to cover the abilities that are not assigned to items (2 ability vouchers and 1 grimoire page).

Marx Communication:

This is a Perfect Illusion spell. While I understand that its combination of Light and Sound would make such a thing possible, as has already been determined with Altair's Djinn abilities you cannot have a spell that exists outside of the element of the Djinn you own just because it has a combination that would make such a thing possible.

If you would like to purchase a Grimoire page and use that in order to continue to keep this spell, that would be perfectly fine. Feel free to change it to a different type of spell if you would like that instead, however.

With the above in mind, Marx Divide needs to be changed slightly. Since it is creating an illusion that makes the blade seem real, it doesn't make sense that it is also dealing burning damage due to it being made of light. Just like how Lagi's holy arrow ability that has Life in it cannot detect and home in on targets due to having life in it (since it is a holy attack), your ability cannot burn targets because it has Light in it (because it's a perfect illusion spell).

I'm putting a mention in here on Calling Waters. Normally I would remake each ability to fit the rules, but with there being so many abilities here, I'm not going to do that XD. This is missing a speed, and the 60lb thing isn't necessary (though if you would like to keep it, feel free to).

Whip should be changed slightly. Right now you have it both wrapping around a target, dealing damage, and batting away D-Tier attacks in the description. What kind of attacks it can clash up against are handled by the Ability Clashing rules, meaning that the part about it clashing against D-Tier attacks isn't necessary. If you must have that in there as well due to personal preference, feel free to keep it in there. However, I do want you to add "1 D-Tier ability", as per the clashing rules if you decide to do so.

Also, unless its means of dealing damage is to wrap around a target, that part of the spell would be considered Supplementary because you are using a non-damaging ability with it. Since it is D-Tier, you would be unable to have it be both Supplementary and Offensive. Please describe how this whip does the damage by wrapping around the target, or remove the wrap around effect. Honestly, I'm assuming that the act of the water wrapping around the body makes a 'slapping' effect, which imparts the damage, but that isn't really clear.

Buzz - it has been established that Magicians AOE spells can effect the caster as well, when Lamb was creating poison spells we discussed this briefly. Please put in an explanation of why this ability doesn't effect the caster. Is it generated away from the caster starting at a certain distance?

Ring is pretty much all set to go, but you mention in here that it has 2 supplementary abilities; canceling noise and causing headaches. Since the headaches doesn't actually have any effect, I'm approving the spell, but this is kind of controlling the other person's character a bit. If you want to edit it to say what kind of things a player would feel (such as 'This noise is irritating, and may cause headaches') in order to prompt a writer to not forget that this spell could cause them headaches, that's fine. Either way, I don't mind, but just be aware that the headache doesn't have a measurable effect on mechanics.

Stubborn Current is offensive and supplementary because you also have the ability to knock somebody down tied into the spell. As such, change the wording slightly to say '5m or less' instead of 'at least 5 meters', and please put in the tier of damage it does instead of only the descriptor.

Flood Fill needs to have a sustain cost and follow the sustain duration rules as well. This is because you are also able to control the movement of the water, which would require you to have a sustain cost on it in subsequent posts, as well as the fact that it could generate another blob of water in the next post.

Frost Bite's duration and sustain needs to be fixed. You have some fluff in there with the number of commands to the Rukh, but it doesn't make the spell confusing to read so no need to remove any of that fluff. Normally I'm a bare-bones guy, but it's fine in this case.

Cold Shock needs a sustain cost and follow the sustain rules, since you are controlling it after its cast.

Equilibrium is pretty much passable, however you've mixed up the idea of the Duration of an ability and the duration of an ability's effect. I'll remove the duration down to 1 post (making the necessary changes to cooldown as well) and pass it like that, if that's fine with you. If you would prefer the duration to be instant, that's fine as well (Just make the edit and let me know you have done so).

I'm approving Flood Domain, but I do want to mention that you have an incredible nerf on your own spell that isn't necessary. When we spoke during a staff meeting, it had been discussed that only abilities specifically meant to displace/clash with certain types of spells could actually do so if they were not a spell as well. I'm just verifying whether or not this ability's wording is a rescinding of that discussion, and all abilities may clash with other abilities, or if it is an intentional self-nerf that is not required.

For Deep Freeze, I'm removing the duration of the spell unless you want to add a sustain cost to it, in which case it will follow sustain rules/durations. Since your spell already has the duration of the spell's effect within the description, it should be fine. (P.S. I also changed its meters to 30m for range instead of the C-Tier's 20m).

Frozen Horn either needs to have a sustain cost w/ sustain/duration rules in it to reflect that it is an ability that is dealing ability damage, or remove the duration from the ability and put it in the descriptor which explains that you create a weapon that can inflict normal attacks as if it were a B-Tier weapon. Not sure what you're trying with this ability, so I didn't touch it.

Glacial Arc: I would prefer all 3 dimensions of your arc of ice be listed, but if you are willing to leave that up to a judgement call if somebody is clashing against you and believes they dodged the spell and wants a staff judgement, it is fine as is as well.

Since your Bubble Burst spell has a knockback in it, it should also be Supplementary, and not just offensive. Also, please put in the tier of damage it does instead of just the descriptor.

Your Groping Feelers spell should follow standard ability clashing rules. B-Tier damage to it should be able to kill it. You may, of course, sustain it to bring it back to life/creation. Anyways, so long as you realize that just because the creature has sections doesn't change the clashing rules, that's fine. Just felt it necessary to clarify that. I'm putting it into the approved list~

ROFL, I love the School of Animosity spell. HxH all the way~ I do want to mention that you have an unnecessary self-nerf of speed on the spell's movement. If this is intentional and fine with you, then so be it, it's fine with me as well.

Deep Blue mentions inside of it ways to clash with it, however as we mentioned before all clashing will first and foremost follow the Ability Guidelines for clashing. If a spell has a self-imposition to make it easier to clash against, that is up to the spell creator and is not a reflection of the guidelines. Likewise, if a spell's wording makes it so that it can clash against or resist clashes that the Ability Guidelines says it cannot, then the Ability Guidelines will take precedent even if it gets approved. With that in mind, I'm approving this spell.

The following are approved so far:

Marx Vanish, Marx Canvas, Marx Replication, Wet Ball, Ring, Frozen Mold, Mist, Crackle, Icicle Rain, Slippery Step, Equilibrium (Tentatively, up to you), Gravity Lift (Stage 1), Slipping Sleet, Flood Domain, Deep Freeze, Glacial Arc, Carnival of Bubbles, Gravity Lift (Stage 2), School of Animosity, Deep Blue

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Marx Vanish
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Magoi | 15 Sustained
[b]Type:[/b] Perfect Illusion
[b]Class:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] 30m
[b]Duration:[/b] Sustained
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 5 posts; Sustained +1
[b]Description:[/b] This is an illusion spell which can grant perfect invisibility to the user or target for up to three turns. The user will still interact with the environment around them making it possible to detect their presence and location using environmental clues or other non-visual detection methods. The spell works on creatures and objects alike up to a scale of 15m in size. If the target of the spell moves out of the 30m range(with the castor of the spell at its center), the spell will automatically cancel. If the target of the spell takes B-tier damage then the spell will end.

[b]Name:[/b] Marx Canvas
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Magoi | 15 sustained
[b]Description:[/b] This spell allows the user to recreate the surroundings of an area up to 15m in diameter so long as it is within 30m of the user. The surroundings do not truly morph or change as it is all just a big illusion, however the illusion is not limited to visual stimuli. The caster can also produce illusory sounds in the surroundings as well. A B tier light or water spell can distort this illusion for the turns that they are active.

[b]Name:[/b] Marx Replication
[b]Tier:[/b] A
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 magoi | 10 sustained
[b]Class:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] 40m
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 3 posts; Sustained +1
[b]Description:[/b] When cast this spell allows the user to create illusory clones made partially solid. The user can clone anything 15 to 20 times so long as its scale does not exceed 5m. These clones can be of objects or people and are capable of dealing D-tier damage. D-tier damage is also all that is required to destroy one of the clones. If a clone moves 40m away from the castor it fades into nothingness. Each clone can move around according to the castor's will at a speed of 20m/s. At the start of the users sustained turns, the number of replicas will replenish to 20.

[b]Name:[/b] Wet Ball
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi | 5 Sustained
[b]Element:[/b] Water
[b]Range:[/b] 10m
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 Posts; Sustained +1
[b]Description:[/b] The magician makes a few simple commands to the rukh causing them to form a 1 to 5m sphere of water to appear nearby. This sphere can move around at 10m/s within its range.

[b]Name:[/b] Ring
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi | 5 Sustained
[b]Element:[/b] Sound
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 turns; Sustained +1
[b]Description:[/b] The user generates 5 spheres of green rukh around the head of their staff that are 0.5m in diameter. The spheres are then flung towards a target at 10m/s and can then be moved freely within a 10m area around the caster. Upon striking a target, a sphere will stick to their body and move to their head. Anything inside the sphere is subjected to a loud ringing sound that cancels out any outside noise and causes a minor headache.

[b]Name:[/b] Frozen Mold
[b]Cost: [/b]10
[b]Element:[/b] Sound + Ice
[b]Range:[/b] >1m
[b]Duration:[/b] One Month IC
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] N/A
[b]Description:[/b] This is a non-combat spell which asks the rukh to create a large sheet of ice up to 15m wide and tall or as small as the page of a book. If this ice is pressed up against any king of writing, engravings, or other markings, sound magic is used to tell the ice particles to vibrate to create micro cracks in the surface which are an exact copy of what was scanned. Yakuroro can store up to the full 15mx15m sheet worth of text, symbols, and such to be reproduced at a later time. This allows him to copy passages from scrolls on magic for quick recollection and have anything else he's copied on hand for viewing. The tome of ice can be destroyed with normal human effort and does not even require a D-tier ability. If destroyed, the knowledge on the tome can still be recreated. However if it is broken while scanning something, the recording will fail.

[b]Name:[/b] Mist
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi | 10 Sustained
[b]Range:[/b] 20m
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 3 Posts; Sustained +1
[b]Description:[/b] The user speaks the name of the spell and commands water in the are to condense into a thick foggy mist. The mist cloud surrounds the caster in a 10m diameter and makes it impossible to see their exact location. On the other hand, the caster is aware of anything that moves within the mist and displaces water particles. The mist can diffuse 1 C-tier light magic and cool off up to 1 B-tier heat magic(Due to elemental strength). Using lightning magic of any kind on this spell will instantly hit anyone still inside of the cloud when shocked, this includes the original caster of the spell(due to elemental weakness). The cloud expands at a rate of 15m/s and can be moved around at the same speed within a range of 20m.

[b]Name:[/b] Crackle
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi
[b]Element:[/b] Ice
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 post
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 3 posts
[b]Description:[/b] The user aims their staff or hand at a target and chants the spell name which imposes several commands upon the rukh to pull water from the atmosphere to form into a 3m long spike cluster of ice. This spike is then fired at the speed of 15m/s towards the target. On impact, the spiky cluster deals C-tier damage in the form of sheer impact and the sharpness of the ice spikes.

[b]Name:[/b] Icicle Rain
[b]Element:[/b] Water | Ice
[b]Description:[/b] The user generates water above their staff from magoi and gathers more from the atmosphere in order to form ten 1m long spikes of ice. These spikes can then be fired up to 20m away at 15m/s dealing D-tier piercing damage. If all ten icicles hit a single target then a total of C-tier damage will be dealt. Each turn a new volley of ice spikes will form and can be aimed once more to fire another wave until the spell ends.

[b]Name:[/b] Slippery Step
[b]Element:[/b] Water | Ice
[b]Range:[/b] Self
[b]Description:[/b] The caster commands the rukh to generate a track of ice just wide enough for their feet up to 10m in length that extends in any direction. This track extends at a speed of 15m/s and is followed by a stream of water that runs along its surface pushing the user and anyone else riding it for an instant burst of speed. The speed depends on the direction of travel. Moving on a flat or downward slope, the user gains a burst of speed at 15m/s, however upward slopes of 45 degrees or more will slow the burst of speed to 10m/s. It is impossible to move upwards on a slope of 60 degrees or greater. So long as magoi is sustained, the user can extend the track once more and gain an additional burst of speed once per turn.

[b]Name:[/b] Equilibrium
[b]Cost:[/b] 20
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 post
[b]Description:[/b] The user holds up their staff which then produces a loud ear piercing tone that plants a subconscious suggestion in those who are within its effective range. The range is defined by a 10m diameter cone in the direction the user points their staff traveling up to 20m in one direction. The suggestion is that the moment they set eyes on someone, left and right become reversed. This causes the opponent to see the world with their left and right axis backwards. The result is if the caster moved left, the victim would see the caster of the spell as if they were moving right instead. If the victim wanted to move their right hand to cut with a held sword, they would do so with their left hand instead. The suggestion only triggers when the target sets eyes on someone and only lasts one turn. If they close their eyes or otherwise don't look at anyone, the effect will not trigger. The sound wave moves at 15m/s and its effects linger for 3 turns.

[b]Name:[/b] Gravity Lift, Stage 1
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi on cast | 10 sustain
[b]Element:[/b] Gravity
[b]Description:[/b] A magician lowers the influence of gravity around their body. This gives them the ability to lift off, hover, and soar through the sky at a maximum speed of 5m/s. They can control the force of gravity around their body at any given moment, able to slow down, speed up, or stop flying completely.

[b]Name:[/b] Slipping Sleet
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Magoi
[b]Element:[/b] Water/Ice
[b]Range:[/b] 30ms
[b]Duration:[/b] One Turn
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 5 Turns
[b]Description:[/b] The magician commands the rukh to flow in the direction of their staff forming a 3 meter wide stream along the ground. The rukh touching the ground then freeze to form a long slippery walk way of ice that is incredibly smooth. The water remaining above the slippery ice is then told to recede back towards the caster. Anyone standing on the path will then be washed towards the castor at a speed of 20m/s. The spells purpose is to pull a target closer to the caster and works best on charging opponents. The distance the path can be made extends from 10 to 15m away.

[b]Name:[/b] Flood Domain
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Magoi | 15 sustained
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 5 Posts; Sustained +1
[b]Description:[/b] The caster uses water magic to produce a large 15m sphere of water around them. This sphere can be moved within a 30m radius of the user at a speed of 20m/s. In order to move this massive sphere of water, the caster must be standing still. However if they are happy with it's location they are free to move around in the water at will. Inside this sphere of water the currents are constantly spinning and churning which toss around anyone unable to move faster than 5m/s under water. This disorientates its victims rendering them unable to tell which way is up and which way is down as they are tossed about at 20m/s. Non-Imuchakk caught in the spell can only hold their breath for two posts before blacking out and will drown if they are still in the water for a full third post. B-tier abilities and higher can be used to break free from the currents and displace enough water to take a breath, however so long as the caster has their staff and is sustaining magoi, the water sphere will fully reform the castors next post. Lightning magic used on this ability will hit anyone inside the water.

[b]Name:[/b] Deep Freeze
[b]Element:[/b] Ice | Water
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 posts
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 5 posts
[b]Description:[/b] The caster uses water magic to gather a large 10 to 15m blob of water and then sends it towards a target at a speed of 20m/s. Upon catching someone, the sphere of water quickly centers itself on its prey and then the entire thing freezes over solid. The tomb of ice will last for 4 posts and freeze three of the targets limbs leaving only one still able to move within an air gap inside the tomb. C-tier heat magic and above can thaw the deep freeze sooner.

[b]Name:[/b] Glacial Arc
[b]Tier:[/b] B-tier
[b]Duration:[/b] Instant
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 5 posts
[b]Description:[/b] The user swipes their staff horizontally through the air leaving a curving arc of ice in its wake. The arc grows to be 5 meters wide and sharpens before flying towards a target at 20m/s. On impact the ice blade will break bones and cut deeply into flesh.

[b]Name:[/b] Carnival of Bubbles
[b]Element:[/b] Cavitation | Water + Sound
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 5 Posts; Sustained +1
[b]Description:[/b] The user points their staff at a nearby water source and sends their magoi towards it at a rate of 20m/s. Upon reaching a water source, the rukh is commanded to form 5 cavitation bubbles within an area of 15m. These bubbles then burst dealing impact damage from the shockwave as well as burning damage from the intense heat generated from the act of cavitation. Each shockwave is 3m in diameter and each bubble is 1m in size. The bubbles only deals D-tier damage by themselves however if three hit a target C-tier damage will be dealt and if all five hit a single target then B-tier damage will be dealt.

Name: Gravity Lift, Stage 2
Tier: B
Cost: 30 on cast | 15 sustain
Element: Gravity
Class: Supplementary
Range: Self
Duration: Sustained
Cool-Down: 5 posts; Sustained +1
Description: A magician lowers the influence of gravity around their body. This gives them the ability to lift off, hover, and soar through the sky at a maximum speed of 10m/s. They can control the force of gravity around their body at any given moment, able to slow down, speed up, or stop flying completely.

[b]Name:[/b] Groping Feelers
[b]Element:[/b] Life
[b]Description:[/b] The user generates purple rukh with their magoi and commands it to use nearby microscopic life as base components in creating a new life form. The beast created is a mass of plant-like flesh that has 5 smooth tentacles each 3m in length. ([url=http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/252/4/e/baby_tentacle_monster_by_frostyx999-d49dery.jpg][b]Reference Image[/b][/url]) Each tentacle has the girth of a grown man's arm and can move freely in all directions. Each tentacle is hollow and can move around at 20m/s to both move this beast around as well as to lash out at enemy targets. The tentacles can squeeze a target to crush it, the force of this squeezing deals damage based on how many of the tentacles are actively grasping a target. Individually they can cause D-tier bruising, three together can crack bones with C-tier damage, and all five working together can deal B-tier damage breaking bones. It only takes D-tier damage to destroy a tentacle or B-tier damage to kill the beast if striking it's bulbous head where the tentacles meet, however so long as magoi is sustained the creature will reform at the start of the next turn.

[b]Name:[/b] School of Animosity
[b]Cool-Down:[/b]  5 posts; Sustained +1
[b]Description:[/b] The caster uses their magoi to generate life magic and commands the rukh to use nearby microscopic life as a base to create a school of 1m long plant creatures that resemble fish. ([url=http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/309/2/9/indoor_fish_1_by_daedalus_net-d6t573f.png][b]Reference Image[/b][/url]) This spell creates 15 fish in total and each one can deal and receive D-tier damage in the form of small cuts from either biting or ramming into a target with their sharp bodies before being destroyed. They can move through the air at 15m/s and move through the water at 20m/s. Each turn, new fish are generated next to the caster until they reach their max number again so long as magoi is sustained.

[b]Name:[/b] Deep Blue
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 Magoi | 20 Sustained
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 7 posts; Sustained +1
[b]Description:[/b] The caster summons a massive 20 to 25 meter diameter sphere of water gather overhead or around themselves. So long as the user is standing still and has hold of their staff they can move this sphere of water within a 40m range of themselves at a speed of 25m/s. The waters inside the sphere are a all perfectly calm save for two 3m diameter currents. The caster can control the movements of these two currents within the sphere by making intricate movements with their staff. The currents flow at 15m/s and crash into underwater targets with B-tier force. Being swept up by the current alone does not deal damage. Broken bones and deep cuts will be the resulting injuries, but only if the target is forced into something solid by the current such as the ground or a wall. B-tier abilities and higher can be used to break free from the currents and displace enough water to take a breath, however so long as the caster has their staff and is sustaining magoi, the water sphere will fully reform in 1 post. Heat Magic Spells must be Ω-tier to evaporate enough water to break free where as lightning magic will hit anyone inside the water as if it were one tier higher. Non-Imuchakk caught in the spell can only hold their breath for two posts before blacking out and will drown if they are still in the water for a full third post.

3Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp Empty Re: Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp 25/10/14, 06:10 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

When approved, I'll move the life magic spells into the spoilers of their associated item. Hopefully that will be satisfactory over adding an unsightly extra field.

Marx Communication:
-Changed it to a new spell
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Marx Shadow
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 magoi | 20 sustained
[b]Description:[/b] This spell creates a perfect copy of the user or another target they have seen before. If the user has heard the targets voice the copy will replicate it perfectly as well. This clone has the durability of an A-tier ability and can move at 25m/s dealing A-tier damage once per post to any enemies it attacks.

Marx Divide:
-Since it still makes sense that a perfect illusion of a blade from from extremely hot light would still burn people, the effect has remained with slightly changed wording.
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Marx Divide
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 magoi | 20 Sustained
[b]Range:[/b] 25m
[b]Description:[/b] When cast, the blade of Marax's weapon equip grows in length to be a massive 20 to 25m long sword. This blade takes on the appearance of a brilliant shining great sword of light wrapped in a glowing aura. This massive blade can then be swung for a single attack. This sword deals A-tier cutting and burning damage. The wounds left behind by this attack are cauterized from the intense heat of the false light leaving behind 3rd degree burns.

Calling Waters:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Calling Waters
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 Turns
[b]Description:[/b] The magician orders the rukh to gather water from the atmosphere. A 5m sphere of water then manifests in the air in front of the user. Once the sphere forms in the shape of a large blob of water, the user may choose any spot within 10 meters of themselves to drop it. The blob moves at 10m/s and when dropped it  results in a splash of water enough to soak a small group of people or knock over small children and animals weighing less than 60lbs.

Whip:
-Changed the word "attacks" to "abilities"
-Didn't remove the wrapping bit. I'm not causing an immobilization effect, nor paralysis with it so it isn't really a supplementary action, just the behavior of a whip. I state later in the spell that if it "catches a target" it deals damage via tiny water blades.
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Whip
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi | 5 sustained
[b]Range:[/b] 5m
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts; Sustained +1
[b]Description:[/b] The user swipes their staff through the air and commands the rukh to form a 1 to 5 meter long whip from the tip of their staff/wand. The whip can wrap around a target upon hitting it or bat away a D-tier ability before being broken. If the user sustains their magoi for the technique, the water whip will reform using water from the atmosphere at the beginning of their next post if the duration has not yet run out. When the whip reforms, it will do so in a neutral position as opposed to reforming in the exact place it was before being destroyed. The whip can move at 5m/s. If the whip catches a target it will deal minor D-tier cuts from tiny water blades.

Buzz:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Buzz
[b]Cost:[/b] 10
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Description:[/b] The caster creates a low tone buzzing sound from their staff moving away at 10m/s. The immediate area around the caster(.5m radius) is silent, however those within the ten meters will suddenly become very dizzy for a short instant halting their movements for a brief moment. To take a step in this condition will cause the target to trip and fall making it ideal for use on charging opponents. D-tier attacks and higher that are capable of producing sound or shockwaves can nullify this spell's effect.

Stubborn Current:
-This isn't offensive/supplementary. Knocking someone back is how it does damage. It is just an intentionally nerffed "Nice" spell that won't hurt you unless the conditions are right.
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Stubborn Current
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 magoi on cast | 10 sustain
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 3 Turns; Sustained +1
[b]Description:[/b] This spell uses a few simple commands to make water condense at the tip of the users staff before being released in a high pressure stream moving 15m/s. This stream of water twists and churns as it crashes forwards with enough force to knock a target back 5m or less. If a large object is swept up with the stream or the target is pushed back into a sturdy surface, the impact can potentially crack or break bone. The stream can be guided to turn and change direction so long as it hasn't left 10 meters of the user. The stream itself is 2m in diameter and will cease if something cuts off the flow from the users staff. Knocking the staff from the users hand is another method of stopping this spell.

Flood Fill:
-Nothing in the spell mentions being able to generate a new blob of water. I think you're mixing spells.
-Removed the movement. Duration is now just how long the water lasts.
Code:

[b]Name:[/b] Flood Fill
[b]Duration:[/b] 3 posts
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 4 posts
[b]Description:[/b] The user points their staff at a hollow object or construct and sends their magoi towards it at a speed of 15m/s. Upon reaching the target, the magoi enters the hollowed space and begins generating water. The water can fill up to 10m of space. This does not work on humans or beasts but can work on life forms created by the caster through life magic.

Frostbite:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Frost Bite
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi |10 sustained
[b]Description:[/b] This spell include 8 different commands to form an elegant spell with a simple effect. First the Rukh gather water from the atmosphere in the form of two water balls which spin around the staff of the caster. When he/she has decided on a target, the water balls are 1 to 5m in size and are released at a speed of 15m/s toward two limbs. If the water balls connect, they will spread across the entire limb and then freeze solid into casts of ice which grows thicker by freezing more water from the atmosphere. It requires C rank impact or a heat magic spell to free the limbs without simply waiting for them to thaw in 3 turns. The two frozen limbs suffer from C-tier immobilization and during sustained turns another pair of water orbs appear.

Cold Shock:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Cold Shock
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi | 10 sustained
[b]Element:[/b] Concussive Magic | Sound + Ice
[b]Description:[/b] The user manifests a spike ball of finely sharpened icicles and can control its movements within a 20m radius around themselves. The ball moves at 15m/s and when it gets within 5m of a target it will create a 10m explosion sending a sonic boom and ice shrapnel in every direction. The shrapnel deals C-tier damage in the form of cuts half way into the muscle. The spell will fade away within three turns of its creation assuming it fails to find or reach a target. If sustained, a new ball of ice is made near the caster.

Equilibrium:
Code:
[b]Description:[/b] The user holds up their staff which then produces a loud ear piercing tone that plants a subconscious suggestion in those who are within its effective range. The range is defined by a 10m diameter cone in the direction the user points their staff traveling up to 20m in one direction. The suggestion is that the moment they set eyes on someone, left and right become reversed. This causes the opponent to see the world with their left and right axis backwards. The result is if the caster moved left, the victim would see the caster of the spell as if they were moving right instead. If the victim wanted to move their right hand to cut with a held sword, they would do so with their left hand instead. The suggestion only triggers when the target sets eyes on someone and only lasts one turn. If they close their eyes or otherwise don't look at anyone, the effect will not trigger. The sound wave moves at 15m/s and its effects linger for 3 turns.

Flood Domain:
-It's intentional. I don't like having unfairly OP powers that let me insta-win against all who don't have specific counter powers. At least in the case of PVP. I'll merc the fudge out of NPCs >.>

Frozen Horn:
-I am paying magoi to create an ability once. One which I no longer supply magoi to for movement or any other magical designs. I simply swing it like a weapon. But since it is an ability I kept the ability clashing logic. The duration mentioned is basically just how long the ice will last before melting into uselessness.

Glacial Arc:
-How long this horizontal attack is, is all that I care about. If an opponent ducks below or jumps over it, that's fine. I just didn't feel like researching and writing the dimensions of a thin/skinny blade in meters/centimeters.

Bubble Burst:
-The knockback affect is part of the bonus utility of the combination magic. It is a phenomenon that produces shockwaves by default as per the magic type description.

This combination of sound and water magic uses powerful vibrations to create large scale cavitation bubbles. These underwater phenomenon cause an intense amount of heat dealing burning damage to anyone caught by the bubble despite being underwater. Blunt force is also dealt in the form of powerful underwater shock waves.

I kept the knock back this shockwave causes. distance at D-tier levels so the effect would not be too dramatic so that it would need to be removed. I'll update the wording from "several" to "3 to 5 meters" and hope that is acceptable.

-I realize I didn't mention it, but I've always assumed the shockwaves in Carnival of Bubbles had minor knockback associated with them as well.

-I'd like to ask that you consult with Ari first before making a final decision as to the extent of utility allowed with Combination magics before deciding whether or not to approve it this way. If not, then I'll just keep it offensive without the supplementary though.

Code:
Name: Bubble Burst
Cost: 30
Element: Cavitation Magic | Water + Sound
Class: Offensive
Range: 15m
Duration: Instant
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: The user commands sound rukh to create a sudden increase in force and pressure by creating a powerful sonic boom. This forces the phenomenon of cavitation bubbles to occur on a large scale. The result is an under water bubble that produces an incredible amount of heat and force upon bursting. Anything caught in the range of the bubble will suffer B-tier second degree burns; however lingering burning does not occur as with normal fire damage of the same tier. In addition to the burns, the shockwave produced can break bones and cause deafness to those in its effective range which is 15m moving at a speed of 20m/s. Being hit with this shockwave can send a full grown human back 3 to 5 meters.

Groping Feelers:
-I am treating the limbs as separate entities according to the Amount guidelines. You can see this in how damage is applied. This is why they take damage separately from each other. It was me being "nice" again by giving them a main head which could be targeted to deal with all the tentacles at once.

-If this isn't allowed, then I will need to edit it so that full damage is applied even from a single tentacle. But that is highly against the spirit of what I am trying to do with this spell. I already had to remove the immobilization/paralysis aspect, I'd rather not lose its intended use any further. May just end up making a new one entirely to replace it.

School of Animosity:
-Yet another intentional nerf for personal reasons.

Deep Blue:
-Likewise, another intentional nerf because reasons.

4Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp Empty Re: Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp 25/10/14, 10:06 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Marx Divide: I agree with the current wording~

Whip: Understandable. I'm being cautious in case you wanted to use it to pull somebody or something along those lines with the ability. I suppose using regular strength to pull somebody would be acceptable, since it isn't an action performed by the spell. This is approved~

Buzz: Is acceptable, but I would like to note it halts the movements of the person and makes them fall. If somebody rps it, I would allow them to not halt if they choose not to, but they would still fall. Just want to make you aware of what kind of ruling I would do in such a situation since it kind of has 2 supplementary abilities on it.

Just spoke with Ari in regards to Stubborn Current. We're each planted in a different camp, but Ari meets us halfway. She says that if the damage dealt to a person results in a knockback, then it's fine keeping it as only offensive. She mentioned, however, that if the knockback results in damage it is supplementary/offensive. Personally, I'm of the belief that if you want multiple things to happen in a spell you either split it in an offensive/supple or def/supple or have multiple spells/abilities for different situations, but I can meet halfway here if you think that's reasonable. Just a slight wording change where the blast of water causes damage to the person and causes them to get knocked back or something, and it can remain purely offensive as per Ari. I realize this makes the spell powerful, and that you dislike that, but that is the current way Ari wants it, and you and I are on opposite sides of this so none of us are really agreeing here XD. Just let me know what you think/want to do with this spell.

Flood Fill: I verified with Ari. The only time Duration should be filled out is if you are sustaining the spell. If the effect of the spell lasts longer than the cast time of the spell, then you may write that in the Description (such as the water lasting 3 posts). The Cooldown of the spell does mention that all abilities must have a cooldown of one post longer than the duration of abilities, but does not mention anything about effects resulting from those abilities. If this is fine, I made the changes and added it to the approved list. If you believe this should be changed, please make either a suggestions thread or bring it up in the Staff forum.

Merc them NPCs. Merc them good.

Frozen Horn: Sounds good, but please also refer to Flood Fill. I question using it as an ability in subsequent posts when you don't have to pay any magoi/stamina for it, but insofar as it being used as an ability in the first post that's perfectly fine, and as a normal attack that takes B-Tier damage to destroy in subsequent posts, I'm fine with that as well. I'm approving of this spell and making the necessary edits if you don't mind. If you do, and want to get the rule for changing how Duration works in the ability template before you have this approved, that's fine as well. Wow, didn't notice this before, but since it's B-Tier I changed the cost to 30 magoi.

Bubble Burst: My apologies, I didn't realize that was a part of the combination magic. Honestly, I have nothing against it if that's part of the utility of the combination magic. I will point Ari to this post and have her provide her input on the matter as well if she feels it necessary. Otherwise, approved.

My bad on Groping Feelers. For some reason, I didn't realize it was following the amount rules. Your choice on how to handle the creature and making a semi-nerf to it makes sense, though I wouldn't require you to make such a nerf. It confused me into thinking it was 1 solid creature XD. No worries, it's fine as it is.

Approved spells prior:

Marx Vanish, Marx Canvas, Marx Replication, Wet Ball, Ring, Frozen Mold, Mist, Crackle, Icicle Rain, Slippery Step, Equilibrium (Tentatively, up to you), Gravity Lift (Stage 1), Slipping Sleet, Flood Domain, Deep Freeze, Glacial Arc, Carnival of Bubbles, Gravity Lift (Stage 2), School of Animosity, Deep Blue

Newly approved spells:

Marx Shadow, Marx Divide, Calling Waters, Whip, Frost Bite, Cold Shock, Equilibrium, Flood Fill, Frozen Horn, Bubble Burst, Groping Feelers

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Marx Shadow
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 magoi | 20 sustained
[b]Description:[/b] This spell creates a perfect copy of the user or another target they have seen before. If the user has heard the targets voice the copy will replicate it perfectly as well. This clone has the durability of an A-tier ability and can move at 25m/s dealing A-tier damage once per post to any enemies it attacks.

[b]Name:[/b] Marx Divide
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 magoi | 20 Sustained
[b]Range:[/b] 25m
[b]Description:[/b] When cast, the blade of Marax's weapon equip grows in length to be a massive 20 to 25m long sword. This blade takes on the appearance of a brilliant shining great sword of light wrapped in a glowing aura. This massive blade can then be swung for a single attack. This sword deals A-tier cutting and burning damage. The wounds left behind by this attack are cauterized from the intense heat of the false light leaving behind 3rd degree burns.

[b]Name:[/b] Calling Waters
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 Turns
[b]Description:[/b] The magician orders the rukh to gather water from the atmosphere. A 5m sphere of water then manifests in the air in front of the user. Once the sphere forms in the shape of a large blob of water, the user may choose any spot within 10 meters of themselves to drop it. The blob moves at 10m/s and when dropped it  results in a splash of water enough to soak a small group of people or knock over small children and animals weighing less than 60lbs.

[b]Name:[/b] Whip
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi | 5 sustained
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts; Sustained +1
[b]Description:[/b] The user swipes their staff through the air and commands the rukh to form a 1 to 5 meter long whip from the tip of their staff/wand. The whip can wrap around a target upon hitting it or bat away a D-tier ability before being broken. If the user sustains their magoi for the technique, the water whip will reform using water from the atmosphere at the beginning of their next post if the duration has not yet run out. When the whip reforms, it will do so in a neutral position as opposed to reforming in the exact place it was before being destroyed. The whip can move at 5m/s. If the whip catches a target it will deal minor D-tier cuts from tiny water blades.

[b]Name:[/b] Buzz
[b]Cost:[/b] 10
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Description:[/b] The caster creates a low tone buzzing sound from their staff moving away at 10m/s. The immediate area around the caster(.5m radius) is silent, however those within the ten meters will suddenly become very dizzy for a short instant halting their movements for a brief moment. To take a step in this condition will cause the target to trip and fall making it ideal for use on charging opponents. D-tier attacks and higher that are capable of producing sound or shockwaves can nullify this spell's effect.

[b]Name:[/b] Frost Bite
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi |10 sustained
[b]Description:[/b] This spell include 8 different commands to form an elegant spell with a simple effect. First the Rukh gather water from the atmosphere in the form of two water balls which spin around the staff of the caster. When he/she has decided on a target, the water balls are 1 to 5m in size and are released at a speed of 15m/s toward two limbs. If the water balls connect, they will spread across the entire limb and then freeze solid into casts of ice which grows thicker by freezing more water from the atmosphere. It requires C rank impact or a heat magic spell to free the limbs without simply waiting for them to thaw in 3 turns. The two frozen limbs suffer from C-tier immobilization and during sustained turns another pair of water orbs appear.

[b]Name:[/b] Cold Shock
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi | 10 sustained
[b]Element:[/b] Concussive Magic | Sound + Ice
[b]Description:[/b] The user manifests a spike ball of finely sharpened icicles and can control its movements within a 20m radius around themselves. The ball moves at 15m/s and when it gets within 5m of a target it will create a 10m explosion sending a sonic boom and ice shrapnel in every direction. The shrapnel deals C-tier damage in the form of cuts half way into the muscle. The spell will fade away within three turns of its creation assuming it fails to find or reach a target. If sustained, a new ball of ice is made near the caster.

[b]Name:[/b] Flood Fill
[b]Description:[/b] The user points their staff at a hollow object or construct and sends their magoi towards it at a speed of 15m/s. Upon reaching the target, the magoi enters the hollowed space and begins generating water. The water can fill up to 10m of space and lasts 3 posts. This does not work on humans or beasts but can work on life forms created by the caster through life magic.

Name: Frozen Horn
Cost: 30 Magoi
Element: Ice
Range: Self
Duration: 1 Post
Cool-Down: 5 Posts
Description: The caster manifests ice from water in the atmosphere around their staff in the shape of a sharpened Rampaging Unicorn Horn that is 3m long. This ice coating will deal B rank cutting damage on a clean hit but will shatter in contact with an equal ability or two C-tiers. The ice forms at a rate of 20m/s. The ice lasts as a B-Tier weapon for 4 posts total.

Name: Bubble Burst
Cost: 30
Element: Cavitation Magic | Water + Sound
Range: 15m
Duration: Instant
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description: The user commands sound rukh to create a sudden increase in force and pressure by creating a powerful sonic boom. This forces the phenomenon of cavitation bubbles to occur on a large scale. The result is an under water bubble that produces an incredible amount of heat and force upon bursting. Anything caught in the range of the bubble will suffer B-tier second degree burns; however lingering burning does not occur as with normal fire damage of the same tier. In addition to the burns, the shockwave produced can break bones and cause deafness to those in its effective range which is 15m moving at a speed of 20m/s. Being hit with this shockwave can send a full grown human back 3 to 5 meters.

[b]Name:[/b] Groping Feelers
[b]Description:[/b] The user generates purple rukh with their magoi and commands it to use nearby microscopic life as base components in creating a new life form. The beast created is a mass of plant-like flesh that has 5 smooth tentacles each 3m in length. ([url=http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/252/4/e/baby_tentacle_monster_by_frostyx999-d49dery.jpg][b]Reference Image[/b][/url]) Each tentacle has the girth of a grown man's arm and can move freely in all directions. Each tentacle is hollow and can move around at 20m/s to both move this beast around as well as to lash out at enemy targets. The tentacles can squeeze a target to crush it, the force of this squeezing deals damage based on how many of the tentacles are actively grasping a target. Individually they can cause D-tier bruising, three together can crack bones with C-tier damage, and all five working together can deal B-tier damage breaking bones. It only takes D-tier damage to destroy a tentacle or B-tier damage to kill the beast if striking it's bulbous head where the tentacles meet, however so long as magoi is sustained the creature will reform at the start of the next turn.

5Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp Empty Re: Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp 26/10/14, 07:45 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Bubble burst is fine~

6Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp Empty Re: Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp 26/10/14, 12:59 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Stubborn Current:
-*Grumbles* Either way I can't really get the effect I wanted...I guess I'll just be changing it into the following since I already have plenty of supplementary spells.
Code:
[b]Description:[/b] This spell uses a few simple commands to make water condense at the tip of the users staff before being released in a high pressure stream moving 15m/s. This stream of water twists and churns as it crashes forwards with enough force to crack and fracture bone on impact. The stream can be guided to turn and change direction so long as it hasn't left 10 meters of the user. The stream itself is 2m in diameter and will cease if something cuts off the flow from the users staff. Knocking the staff from the users hand is another method of stopping this spell.

Frozen Horn:
-After speaking with Ari, I've made the following revisions to Frozen Horn.
-Since I'm not doing anything magical to it in subsequent turns it would still clash like an ability and not a normal weapon. But since it isn't sustained any damage it took would accumulate without being restored.
-The duration of how long this ability can last is determined by the duration of a B-tier Freezing Effect
-Adding that the type of damage dealt will be blunt if the flat faces of the blade are used.
-Herpderp on that cost. It's an error left over from when this used to be a C-tier spell before I got it re-trained. xD
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Frozen Horn
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 Post
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 5 Posts
[b]Description:[/b] The caster manifests ice from water in the atmosphere around their staff in the shape of a sharpened Rampaging Unicorn Horn that is 3m long. This ice coating will deal B rank cutting damage on a clean hit or blunt damage when using the flat faces of the weapon. The horn will shatter in contact with an equal ability or two C-tiers. The ice forms at a rate of 20m/s. The ice lasts for 4 posts total.

I think those were the last two needing final approval. Let me know if I missed anything.

7Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp Empty Re: Yaku's Painful Spell Revamp 26/10/14, 01:56 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Alrighty, sounds good. I believe that's the last of the abilities that needed to go through.

Approved:

Code:
[b]Description:[/b] This spell uses a few simple commands to make water condense at the tip of the users staff before being released in a high pressure stream moving 15m/s. This stream of water twists and churns as it crashes forwards with enough force to crack and fracture bone on impact. The stream can be guided to turn and change direction so long as it hasn't left 10 meters of the user. The stream itself is 2m in diameter and will cease if something cuts off the flow from the users staff. Knocking the staff from the users hand is another method of stopping this spell.

[b]Name:[/b] Frozen Horn
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 Post
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 5 Posts
[b]Description:[/b] The caster manifests ice from water in the atmosphere around their staff in the shape of a sharpened Rampaging Unicorn Horn that is 3m long. This ice coating will deal B rank cutting damage on a clean hit or blunt damage when using the flat faces of the weapon. The horn will shatter in contact with an equal ability or two C-tiers. The ice forms at a rate of 20m/s. The ice lasts for 4 posts total.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum