You are not connected. Please login or register

Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0

+2
Menat
Noir Ecryola
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 Empty Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 11/06/16, 11:05 pm

Jacklyn Seras

Jacklyn Seras
D-Tier
D-Tier

A berserker's weirdness
Tier: C
Class: Manipulation
Type: Supplementary
Range: Self
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must be in a situation of being chained/tied up to use this ability; due to the fact it harms the user it is a last resort.
Scaling: At the cost of 10 stamina instead of bending bending the joints of other limbs is possible.
Sustain: For each post sustained after initial post activated 10 stamina is paid each turn sustaining the ability.
Cool Down: 2 post
Cost: 20 stamina
Description: The left hand can bend small joints out of place one at a time however mechanically one per post; this comes at the cost of slight self injury. This ability causes D rank damage for ever joint popped out of place. The damage self-inflicted is unavoidable by any means but can be healed easily.

A berserker’s speed
Tier:  D
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must be ready for combat or in combat to use this ability. Due to the fact without adrenaline the energy need would be to great.
Scaling: At a cost of 10 stamina the overall speed of the hand is increased similar to the speed of a sprinting turtle.
Sustain: For each post sustained after initial post activated 5 stamina is paid each turn sustaining the ability.
Cool Down: 1 post
Cost: 10 stamina
Description: There is no damage caused directly from this technique however it can be used to complement other techniques using the left hand. Focusing energy into the hand increasing the overall speed of the users hand. The increase is similar to the speed of a non-sprinting/running turtle.

A berserker’s will
Requirements/Drawbacks: D rank damage most already have been done to the left hand. Also sustaining any attack ends the effect of the ability.
Scaling: At the cost of 10 stamina more of the left can be covered by the ability. Up to the elbow.
Sustain: For each post sustained after initial post activated 5 stamina is paid each turn sustaining the ability.
Description: No damage is done to any opponents but some slight cuts and bruising are ignored for the ability duration. Partly shutting down for a brief moment the nervous system pain in the hand is temporarily ignored. Damage done to the left hand up to a total of D rank can be ignored for the duration of the ability. A total D rank damage done before not after the technique started is ignored. Time is limited for the use of this ability allow the use of it for only a single one post duration.

A berserker’s hide
Requirements/Drawbacks: Has to know and see the blocked attack coming before hand; in order this ability be used at all.
Scaling: At a cost of 10 stamina more of the left hand can be covered by the ability up to the left elbow.
Description: No damage is done to any opponent but physical melee damage can be blocked using this technique. D tier rank of damage can be blocked. The left skin on the left hand is made leather like blocking D rank damage. The defensive properties of this technique last for a very short time. About 3-5 seconds window of time 1 post is the only possible duration.

A berserker’s madness
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must be in combat and going berserk otherwise this ability can't be used.
Scaling: At the cost of 10 stamina up to the elbow can be covered by the ability.
Description: The left hand is mutated and deformed by the use of this technique. As claws are forged from what used to be Jacklyn's hands but now claws. If mauled by Jacklyn while he temporally mutates his hands into ferociously dangerous D rank damage will be done. Small cut that barely dig into the skin are made on impact. The claws look as if belonging to a three talon dragon whose third talon is smaller than the other two. This ability is a requirement for future abilities.

Last edited by vampire4ever25 on 04/06/17, 09:43 pm; edited 22 times in total

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

A berserker’s might: Based from the racial strength scaling for Fanalis, C-tier skill will allow them to be capable of dealing C-Tier damage with bare hands allowing them to fracture bones with a single blow,so you will just fracture the bones in single blow not break it.
Also, from what I understand, this skill will be something like a strength buff that allows you to deal C-tier ability damage for your basic attack in one post if you use this skill, is that correct?
Then you need to state the speed for this ability, which will be 15m/s for C-tier body manipulation skill. Dont forget to give the sustained amount for the cost, it will be "20 | 10". Then for your cooldown it is "3 posts + 1 if sustained".

A berserker’s speed: You dont need to state the common side effect of the technique, actually, but if you want, feel free to state it. Also, please state the sustained amount for the cooldown as well, "2 posts + 1 if sustained"

A berserker’s will: Add the sustained amount for both Cost and Cooldown. The range will be self since it will only be used to heal self, and you dont need to state the scale. Please state the amount of the damage that can be healed for D-tier healing skill though, "Can heal D-Tier damage over 2 posts.". About the purple faint glow, I am not sure about it since the healing is not a type of magic and therefore no purple glow can be seen in this technique.

A berserker’s hide.: Add the sustained amount for both Cost and Cooldown. It is stated that the technique will cover the left arm, so it will make it changed into a hardened arm or what? Please explain it in the description. The defensive technique is more like to block/parry/deflect attacks, please state which one that you intend to have. Also, defensive skill is capable to protect up to one tier higher damage from the skill tier, in this case you can defend yourself from ability up to C-tier damage.

A berserker’s madness: Poison is restricted to Stealth user or Poison mage, so you cant create a poison-based skill as your specialization is body manipulation. However, instead of using poison, you can form the claw and deal D-tier ability damage to anyone you want to attack.
I tried to edit it by using my suggestion, feel free to use it if you want to.
Spoiler:

Please bump the post by saying that you've edited what needed to be edited after you done with the editing. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any question~

Jacklyn Seras

Jacklyn Seras
D-Tier
D-Tier

I think everything has been covered but I completely rewritten berserker's might into something knew that I think would be of more use. Seeing how fanalis are naturally strong I see no point trying to be any stronger.

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Hey there, I'll be taking over for Noir.

First thing I feel I need to stress is please make sure you read and familiarize yourself with our site's rules and systems. This includes the Fanalis race information.

Here's a link to the racial system which covers the Fanalis race and their perks and disadvantages. https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t2456-race-system

And here is the link to the ability guidelines for reference. https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t2486-ability-guidelines-important

Secondly I've read through both your abilities and the suggestions given by Noir to help correct your problems. It doesn't seem to me as if you really read her suggestions. Please re-read through her previous post and edit your abilities accordingly to her suggestions.

Bump when the appropriate changes have been made.

Jacklyn Seras

Jacklyn Seras
D-Tier
D-Tier

This has been edit to fit my current desire for Jacklyn and my knowledge of site rules. If mistakes where made or if something I have isn't allowed please tell me. After knowing what needs fixing I'll edit accord also added stamina and magoi. Instead of leaving what it cost up in the air until first post

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

There is a good amount we're going to need to fix, but first the is first. Would you mind redoing the abilities in our new ability template? I put it below for ya.

Code:
[center][b]Insert Ability Name Here[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] What tier is the ability?
[b]Class:[/b] What class is this ability for? If it is for a Magic Tool, delete this section.
[b]Type:[/b] Is it offensive, defensive, or supplementary?
[b]Range:[/b] Close, Short, Medium, or Long?
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] What are the requirements, drawbacks, or limitations of the ability?
[b]Scaling:[/b] When you add more than the minimum magoi cost, what changes about the ability? More hits/projectiles? A larger area of effect? More damage?
[b]Sustain:[/b] How many sustainments have you done so far? Starts at 0 and goes up with each additional use of the ability.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] How many turns must pass after sustains end until you can use this ability again?
[b]Cost:[/b] The amount of magoi or stamina you are spending. This value can change based on how much you are investing and how many times you sustained it in a post, but must always be at least the minimum required for its tier.
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
Give a visual description of the ability and include any effects, how large its area of effect is, the duration or how long it lingers, and any other important information. If it is a spell, mention what magic type/s are used![/list]

Jacklyn Seras

Jacklyn Seras
D-Tier
D-Tier

I believe the format to be correct now sorry for not knowing it had changed. Also from what was under the definition on scaling I don't understand what was meant to be there. Need clarification on the matter before I can put anything under that category at the time being.

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

We've got an Ability System page right here https://magiworld.forumotion.com/f8-abilities. You'll need to look and read through it if you haven't already. If you have, refreshers are obviously in need.

Jacklyn Seras

Jacklyn Seras
D-Tier
D-Tier

Sorry this editing for the scaling took so long I had a hard time thinking what to put. Also slight changes to all abilities have been made after read the ability system. The size is now hand not arm on all also I tried to add how each happens biologically but for my 1st couldn't think of how. Also the trait system wasn't on site before I left should I assume to post under the same category for making abilities just for traits instead; correct me if am wrong.

10Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 Empty Re: Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 29/05/17, 08:44 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

I seem to recall it was but I don't have the best memory, so maybe it wasn't.
You need to make a new thread for your traits. Tip: You don't need to submit racial traits~

I'll start with general things, then I'll go into the details ^^.

Firstly, cooldowns have changed.
D-Tier: 1 post
C-Tier: 2 posts

Magicians and warriors (with magoi manipulation) are the only classes that use magoi (unless you're using a magic tool). So it should be stamina you're using for the scaling. It is 10 stamina per 1 scale regardless of the tier.

Just so you're aware, if you have A-Tier damage and you make it 50%, it is B-Tier damage. It is a bit confusing when you say "50%". I'd suggest you'd use tiers instead of percentage and I suspect everyone else would thank you for it.

Defensive abilities can only defend against attacks causing damage their tier or lower.

The whole m/s thing is non-existent in the new system. Instead, most members use the tiers of a fanalis or the speed traits to measure speed. For example, someone says 'd-tier fanalis speed' and they're referring to how fast a fanalis can go at D-Tier. (As fast as a horse.)

11Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 Empty Re: Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 29/05/17, 09:12 pm

Jacklyn Seras

Jacklyn Seras
D-Tier
D-Tier

I believe everything asked as been done. If am wrong correct me.

12Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 Empty Re: Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 29/05/17, 09:52 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Remove the whole +1 per post sustained from the cost.

It seems I forgot to mention that for the sustain, it is a count of how many times you've sustained. It should start at 0.

Requirements are actions that need to be performed in order to do the ability. In my opinion, Manipulation is the trickiest class to fill out abilities for. Good luck!

A berserker's weirdness

- Your scaling sounds somewhat like you're scaling the hits. Hits allow you to double the hits you do. So with one scaling, you can bend two limbs. With two scalings you can bend four limbs and so on.

A berserker’s speed

- You need to specify how fast the hand goes.

- The most difficult part about speed is when you're trying to scale it. Since you can scale more than once, doing it by tiers is rather useful. Your scaling only accounts for one scaling. In that case, I would recommend you stack the speed equivalent to the speed of a sprinting turtle to the current speed.

Overall speed of the hand is increased with a speed similar to the speed of a sprinting turtle per scaling.

Something like this?

A berserker’s will

- I guess this ability is fine but it's honestly useless at D-Tier. I'd hold off on it and wait until you can make B-Tier abilities.

A berserker’s hide

- It should last for one post.

13Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 Empty Re: Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 30/05/17, 03:42 pm

Jacklyn Seras

Jacklyn Seras
D-Tier
D-Tier

I think everything you asked has been done. However I will keep the 'Will of a berserker' ability as I was planing for that instead of making brand new ability at each rank. That I would just train using my old ones and then make new upgraded version of what was trained. If that is acceptable.

14Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 Empty Re: Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 04/06/17, 06:33 pm

Jacklyn Seras

Jacklyn Seras
D-Tier
D-Tier

Almost a week has past since my last reply. Also I if non-combative abilities can be made maybe some social abilities will be made at a later date. Since how by using logic and site rules only KC,DKC or a magi (if following cannon) can use extreme magic. Sorry for the bump but being pacient ain't my best skill by far nor is spelling or grammar. Please I know everone is only human and have other things to do however please don't keep others waiting more than afew days without warnin or reason.

15Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 Empty Re: Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 04/06/17, 08:49 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

A berserkers weirdness: The scaling for this ability is really odd, as it allows you to use your other hands. But what about when you scale it more, like what would be able to do after that with more scaling? Maybe change it to say something like per 10 magoi in scaling allows you to apply it to another limb.

A berserkers hide: You still need to add in the description that it lasts for one post.

16Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 Empty Re: Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 04/06/17, 09:51 pm

Jacklyn Seras

Jacklyn Seras
D-Tier
D-Tier

If my work has been fixed properly and this is the last I have to fix on this app hopefully.

17Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 Empty Re: Jacklyn's prowess revamp 1.0 07/06/17, 06:34 am

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved

Code:
[center][b]A berserker's weirdness[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Class:[/b] Manipulation
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Self
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must be in a situation of being chained/tied up to use this ability; due to the fact it harms the user it is a last resort.
[b]Scaling:[/b] At the cost of 10 stamina bending the joints of other limbs is possible.
[b]Sustain:[/b] For each post sustained after initial post activated 10 stamina is paid each turn sustaining the ability.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2 post
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 stamina
[b]Description:[/b] The left hand can bend small joints out of place one at a time however mechanically one per post; this comes at the cost of slight self-injury. This ability causes D rank damage for ever joint popped out of place. The damage self-inflicted is unavoidable by any means but can be healed easily.

[center][b]A berserker’s speed[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b]  D
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must be ready for combat or in combat to use this ability. Due to the fact without adrenaline, the energy need would be too great.
[b]Scaling:[/b] At a cost of 10 stamina the overall speed of the hand is increased similar to the speed of a sprinting turtle.
[b]Sustain:[/b] For each post sustained after initial post activated 5 stamina is paid each turn sustaining the ability.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1 post
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 stamina
[b]Description:[/b] There is no damage caused directly from this technique however it can be used to complement other techniques using the left hand. Focusing energy into the hand increasing the overall speed of the user's hand. The increase is similar to the speed of a non-sprinting/running turtle.

[center][b]A berserker’s will[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] D rank damage most already have been done to the left hand. Also sustaining any attack ends the effect of the ability.
[b]Scaling:[/b] At the cost of 10 stamina more of the left can be covered by the ability. Up to the elbow.
[b]Sustain:[/b] For each post sustained after initial post activated 5 stamina is paid each turn sustaining the ability.
[b]Description:[/b] No damage is done to any opponents but some slight cuts and bruising are ignored for the ability duration. Partly shutting down for a brief moment the nervous system pain in the hand is temporarily ignored. Damage done to the left hand up to a total of D rank can be ignored for the duration of the ability. A total D rank damage done before not after the technique started is ignored. Time is limited for the use of this ability allow the use of it for only a single one post duration.

[center][b]A berserker’s hide[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Has to know and see the blocked attack coming beforehand; in order, this ability to be used at all.
[b]Scaling:[/b] At a cost of 10 stamina more of the left hand can be covered by the ability up to the left elbow.
[b]Description:[/b] No damage is done to any opponent but physical melee damage can be blocked using this technique. D tier rank of damage can be blocked. The left skin on the left hand is made leather like blocking D rank damage. The defensive properties of this technique last for a very short time. About 3-5 seconds window of time 1 post is the only possible duration.

[center][b]A berserker’s madness[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Must be in combat and going berserk otherwise this ability can't be used.
[b]Scaling:[/b] At the cost of 10 stamina up to the elbow can be covered by the ability.
[b]Description:[/b] The left hand is mutated and deformed by the use of this technique. As claws are forged from what used to be Jacklyn's hands but now claws. If mauled by Jacklyn while he temporally mutates his hands into ferociously dangerous D rank damage will be done. A small cut that barely digs into the skin is made on impact. The claws look as if belonging to a three talon dragon whose third talon is smaller than the other two. This ability is a requirement for future abilities.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum