You are not connected. Please login or register

Blue Haired Lover [Social/Yakuroro]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rurukoha

Rurukoha
D-Tier
D-Tier

Finally, after a long flight from an island off the Imuchakk mainland, a tall Imuchakk woman wandered wearily into the country of Heliohapt. Tired and nearly out of magoi, she stumbled blearily into a the shining capital city, which to a wanderer, would be paradise.. She needed a place to relax in the hot desert area so unlike her own home, which was full of wonderful ice, snow, and... ahhhh... blizzards. Incredible, thunderous, icy blizzards. She was going miss them.
She didn't have to search for long to find a tavern to regain some of her strength. Crouching to fit through the doorway, she failed to notice the threshold in her weariness. She tripped over it and nearly fell. Her eyes flew open in utter surprise as she was jolted awake. Her long arms flailed as she regained her balance, her rich velvet blue hair falling in her face. As she stood up, she tossed her head and squared her broad shoulders. She was an Imuchakk, and a magician. No matter what, she would have her dignity. Everyone in the tavern stopped to look at the incredibly tall, terrifyingly beautiful woman staring all of them down, daring them to say something about what just happened.
They continued to look as she somehow managed to fit in one of their stools that no one believed was meant to hold even a small Imuchakk and managed to still be taller than some of the men standing up. As she began contemplating where to look for other mages, she noticed a barmaid patiently waiting for the intimidating woman with eyes the color of pure blue icy glaciers to acknowledge her presence. She raised an eyebrow at the tiny barmaid.
"Uhm..." the barmaid stuttered a bit. "Ah, can... can I get you something? A drink? Food?"
"Some water, please," the Imuchakk woman smiled cordially at her. Her voice was low and melodic. "And... possibly a few cushions? I don't believe you made these stools to hold someone quite a bit smaller than me. Please, don't stutter. I'm nothing to be afraid of when I'm not angry."
"Yes, ma'am... May I ask what name to put your tab under?"
"Ruru the Black."

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

It had only been a few hours since Yakuroro parted ways with the wandering beast tamer, Free. The Blue magician flew into Heliohapt's capital on his magic carpet with all the magical tool's he'd come to possess throughout his own travels now reclaimed. The Staff of Storms was held firmly in his right hand, the Flying Carpet was beneath him carrying the Imuchakk through the air, the Amethyst of Laura The Wise was embedded into the staff, the Bottomless Gourd was strapped securely to Yakuroro's back, and finally the Metal Vessel of Marax was worn on the magician's left hand. But all these trinkets were nothing without his son Akatetsu by his side. With Free's help, Yakuroro was able to learn two important things about Akatetsu's disappearance. The first was that the baby chimera was likely still alive, the second was that whatever happened to him likely had something to do with magic.

Yakuroro descended from the air to land gently in a fairly empty street amidst the capital and willed his magic carpet to wrap around his waist acting as a belt to tie his robes closed. With that done, he fastened the straps of his gourd and began strolling using his staff as a walking stick. With the new information, he would begin his search for word of Akatetsu anew and this time we would look for any and all magician's in the city. If Akatetsu was taken through magical means then there could be no other culprit save for a magician or a magic tool user but the former was more likely.

With that in mind, Yakuroro made his way to the nearest tavern where he planned to sit and eavesdrop on various conversations listening carefully for any sign of a magician's presence within the city. Ducking into the door of the closest establishment that would suit his information gathering needs, Yakuroro scanned the interior and found a familiar but out-of-place sight. There was a female Imuchakk seated, albeit a bit uncomfortably, at one of the tables speaking to one of the servers. It was novel to find another Imuchakk so far from their homeland but it was even more are to see another Imuchakk magician and the staff this one carried labeled her to potentially be as such. It was regrettable that the first magician Yakuroro found was one of his own kin, but that didn't make her any less of a suspect.

Putting on a friendly smile to mask his suspicion, Yakuroro moved over to the table and placed a hand on the human bar maid's shoulder, "Actually, I'll cover the cost." The poor girl jumped from the massive hand and screamed before realizing there was no danger. "Y-Yes sir...anything for you?" She asked as Yakuroro took an equally uncomfortable seat across the table from the northern woman. "Ah yes, I'll have what she's having." He said with a smile as he leaned his staff against the table and removed the bottomless gourd from his back stretching sore shoulders that screamed in joy at the relief. Having settled in as comfortable as he was going to get, Yaku's eyes settled on his target as he gave a polite introduction, "My apologies for joining you without permission. My name is Yakuroro of an eastern Imuchakk tribe." The man's smile widened slightly and he leaned forwards resting his chin on a bridge of his own inter clasped hands. "What, may I ask, brings a fellow Imuchakk to Heliohapt? Been here long?" The question would seem innocent enough, but the magician was actually probing for information to see if this woman could possible be the magic user who stole his son away.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you all, for everything.

Rurukoha

Rurukoha
D-Tier
D-Tier

The icy woman jumped up a bit in surprise, making the stool creak and groan beneath weight it wasn't meant to hold. She didn't expect a fellow Imuchakk to be found in this desert, let alone one quite so generous to someone he just met. She raised an eyebrow as the rather interesting blue-haired giant managed to barely fit on a similar stool. Slightly taller than herself, he certainly made an impressive sight. What she found more impressive, however, was the staff he carried. She didn't remember seeing another Imuchakk in Magnostadt. Maybe he left before she entered.

She studied him through the rich blue of her hair, some of which had fallen in her face, allowing a slight smile to grace her features, just enough to turn up the corners of her mouth and put a slight bit of color in her pale cheeks. Although her mouth smiled, her eyes fixed on him with a scathing, icy glare. She took stock of his clothes and tattoo as she fixated on his face. Her gaze softened a bit as she became intrigued by him. Finally, the barmaid brought them cushions to replace the sorry stools, now cracked to the point of being unusable. Ruru fixed herself on the cushions as the barmaid plunked down the waters and scurried off.

He rested his chin on interlaced fingers, plastering a smile on his own face. She found the gesture rather intriguing, as if his gesture signalled some sort of intelligence lying behind those blue eyes. 'Yakuroro...' she mused to herself. Hmmmmm... cute name.'

Finally, she deigned to speak. "I'm Rurukoha of the Northern Imuchakk tribe, guided by Patriarch Itamumu. I am his daughter." Her soft, melodic voice carried over the buzz that had restarted since Yakuroro had sat down. "May I ask why you thought to sit and chat with me?" She was outwardly calm and collected while she awaited his reply. Truthfully, she was eager to know. She thought she was the only Imuchakk crazy enough to come to this desert wasteland for any length of time.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yakuroro hadn't overheard what the female Imuchakk had ordered, so he was a bit surprised when the barmaid approached with cushions. He accepted them graciously and turned the poor stool over to her before it could shatter beneath his weight. With comfort now increased, all of his attention fell on the woman who introduced herself as Rurukoha and as a member of the northern tribes. An internal sensation of relief fell of Yakuroro as he scratched off the worry that she might see through his tattoos to the demon branding they covered. To his knowledge that was a practice unique to his specific village in the eastern part of the Imuchakk continent. Looking her over, Yakuroro acknowledged that Rurukoha was a beauty by most standards but his notice looked past outward appearances and tried to peer into her character.

The fact that she had not answered his question and replied with one of her own made the magician even more suspicious of her. His question as to why she was in Heliohapt was simple enough, but then again it was jumping to conclusions to scorn her for wanting to know why he had joined her at the table. It was a fair inquiry and Yakuroro had no choice but to answer, although nothing bound him to do so truthfully. "I've been in Heliohapt for a couple months now and I've been away from Imuchakk for years. It is rare that I get to enjoy the pleasure of meeting a fellow "Ice Giant" as some of the humans like to call us, hahahaha." Yakuroro let out a well practiced laughter that was deep and from the heart, rich with a sound of innocence. Alas, it was as false as his words had been. Yakuroro didn't particularly care for his own kind as most valued strength above all and had no appreciation for his magic.

"Now that I've answered your question that makes us even. Answer my second as to what brings you to these lands and I'll answer another in kind. Fair?"

Rurukoha

Rurukoha
D-Tier
D-Tier

The ice giantess allowed herself a slightly broader smile at his deep, hearty laugh that seemed truly genuine. However, her smile faded as his tone gave way to seriousness. She carefully considered his question as she hid her face behind her glass of water. Her brow furrowed in thought, making creases form between her immaculately groomed eyebrows. Once she formed an answer, she set the water down and looked him squarely in the eyes. "Of course. My apologies. It was rude of me not to answer the question you first posed to me. I'm here simply for knowledge and the gain of power via that knowledge," Rurukoha replied softly, but with all the force and surety of a glacier carving a new valley in the frozen earth. "However, that doesn't mean I'm not here for other things. I need a... guide of sorts, as I've not been here more than a few hours." Her voice grew warm and gained a sultry tone. She hoped this Imuchakk would be the person to help her grow magically. She could practically feel the power emenating from him. That power was enticing. "Tell me, my new acquaintance. Would there be such a person around here?"

Last edited by Rurukoha on 10/10/14, 06:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

At first the woman's words seemed to make her fall very in line with the type of culprit Yakuroro would expect to kidnap a baby chimera. The search for knowledge and power was one he was very familiar with. Yaku honestly couldn't say that if he saw a random beast born of magic riding a flying carpet that he would not have taken it for research. But as Rurukoha continued it eventually became clear that se was not the one he was looking for. Yaku closed his eyes after she mentioned having not been in Heliohapt long at all and weighed the chances of it being truth or lies. At the moment, she probably had no reason to lie to him unless she already knew he was the guardian of Akatetsu. But the chances of that were unlikely as it would not be easy for an Imuchakk to go unnoticed, he knew from experience.

Following Ruru's question, Yaku leaned back and brought a hand to his chin in a pondering pose. "Hmm..." In truth, his answer to her question was already in mind. What Yakuroro was actually thinking about had more to do with where he would search next as this conversation brought to mind the possibility that whoever had taken Akatetsu might know of Yakuroro himself. That would complicate the search because it would mean that whoever stole the chimera knew full well that they would need to hide from a magician. No...it would mean they would need to hide from Yakuroro, but what about other magicians? Yaku opened his eyes and looked Rurukoha over. Some might think he were checking out her body and in a way, he was, but his eyes were searching for signs of training and fitness more than seductive curves.

He could tell from his observations that Rurukoha was probably not the strongest magician in the world. It was impossible to tell how skilled or experienced she was, but her physique told him that her body probably didn't let her use as much magoi as it could in order to protect her from the consequences of doing so without flesh strong enough to accommodate the use of such power. At last, Yakuroro spoke, a plan of sorts developing in his mind, "...perhaps I could show you around. But I am not sure if I know where to find what you are looking for without more specific details. Knowledge is bountiful in Heliohapt and to try and absorb it all is a lifetime consuming task." Removing his hand from his chin, Yakuroro moved it to gesture with an empty palm showing that to receive something one must offer something in return. "But as you can imagine I have my own business in the city. What kind of compensation could I expect from serving as your guide?" With this, Yakuroro hoped simply to get this woman indebted to him. The terms of her payment could be renegotiated later. For now, Yakuroro planned to use her as bait to perhaps draw out or otherwise help find Akatetsu's captors.

Rurukoha

Rurukoha
D-Tier
D-Tier

Rurukoha studied Yakuroro carefully as she posed her question. She was searching for some sign that he was actually interested in her proposal. Although he closed his eyes and appeared to think hard on her offer, she wasn't sure he was focusing on what she wanted him to. She kept her shrewd eye on him as his eyes opened and his gaze slid over her body. The ice giantess turned over his interest in her over and over in her mind, toying with various ideas. It was possible that he was interested in her for her status and title. It was also possible he found her attractive. Then again, it must have been a long time since he saw someone worth looking over who wouldn't break under him. No, that wasn't it. Not really. He must be looking for something specific.
She leaned over the table a bit, her chin resting on her hand, fingers drumming against her cheek. She was interested in his response. When he did answer, she arched an eyebrow as the only indicator that she'd heard him and was thinking on it. She wasn't surprised that he'd asked for compensation for his services. However, she had no idea what he would accept as payment. She had money, yes, but she wasn't sure she had the inclination to pay him a monetary value, or whether he'd accept that. She also had to consider whether he actually wanted to help her or was simply using her as a means to his own ends. This man very obviously had the upper hand in this conversation and he had no intention of giving it up. "What would you consider adequate payment?" she asked in a coy tone. "I have money to pay you, but I'm not sure that's what you're after." Whether or not he gave a straight answer was his business, but she was going to get some idea of what she was getting into out of him.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

The fact that Rurukoha had nothing in mind to offer him only made Yakuroro's position that much sweeter. He wouldn't need to worry about working past a pre-established deal if he could ensnare her into an agreement that was open ended enough to suit any future needs right here and now. "You're right that I don't need nor want monetary compensation. Such things are a trivial matter when one has the power of magic at their fingertips. Finding employment with skills such as ours is an easy task." Yakuroro said as he displayed an open palm with his right hand whilst speaking.  "We could consider the currency of this exchange to be favors if you would like. It is a favor from me to you if I act as a guide. By rights of fairness you would simply owe me a favor in kind, yes?" The Imuchakk magician's hands came to rest clasped together on the table in front of him as his eyes maintained a deadlock on Rurukoha's own.

Rurukoha

Rurukoha
D-Tier
D-Tier

Rurukoha's gaze iced over, losing their warmth as she grew slightly irritated. Skills as ours, she mused, more like skills of his own. He knows nothing of my skills. She wasn't sure if it was meant to flatter her or boast of his own. She relaxed a bit as she chalked it up to one of the two ideas.
Her eyes widened and her eyebrows shot up her forehead as he proposed a favor for a favor. Her shoulders stiffened in shock, her back straightened with a twinge of fear. She hated being indebted to anyone, especially another mage. They always asked for something dangerous, even to the point of fatality. This man seemed powerful enough that none of his favors would require her to risk less than a limb or two. [color#ccffff]"Well. An interesting offer. How about this. Yakuroro, I will agree, but only if it should be a favor equal in danger or time to the favor you are granting me."[/color] The giantess's eyes narrowed once again as she awaited an answer. She wouldn't risk more than necessary for anyone.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Letting out another chuckle, Yakuroro gave a bewildered look in the fact of Rurukoha's caution. "What kind of a fair deal calls for one party to give a drop of water and another to give an ocean? I can't promise that my favor would be equal in time. I don't intend to turn an hour glass on top of being your guide to keep track. But seeing as this favor doesn't put me in any obvious harms way I can guarantee that when I ask my favor of you it will be equally free of danger." He stated the words as though they were obvious and that it was childish of Rurukoha to think otherwise, however behind the mask Yakuroro wore he appreciated her intelligence in negotiating. It was wise to ensure that he wasn't simply taking complete advantage of her. "Is there anything else you'd like to clarify? Or can we call this bartering to a close? There are only so many hours left in the day and Heliohapt's capital is large. Even with my flying carpet it will take a while to hit all the important places."

Rurukoha

Rurukoha
D-Tier
D-Tier

Rurukoha's expression soured slightly at his tone. She didn't appreciate his treatment of her. She was far from a child, and didn't suffer fools who talked to her as such. If he was to work with her, he would treat her as an equal. If they were not equal in power, they were equal in other ways. She gripped her water glass almost until she was white-knuckled and leaned forward. "Yes, actually, there is one thing I would like to clarify," she managed to contain a sneer. "If we are to continue in this venture, you will not speak to me as if I were a child. Regardless of our equality in power, you and I are on equal planes as self-sufficient adult Imuchakk and fellow magicians. I will not suffer you to speak to me as lower than you are. However, I do not expect you to suffer me to speak or treat you likewise. Do we have an understanding?" She had been spoken to as if she was stupid or childish too many times before this. She would no longer stay near people who kept with the trend.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Through the jovial visage Yakuroro was playing out, his eyes took careful note of the way Rurukoha gripped her glass and for the first time moved to touch his own. In a start contrast to her stressed grasp, he ran a gentle finger around its rim and then lifted the drink to his lips slowly savoring a single mouthful of water as he listened to her words. He could tell she was upset over the way she'd been treated from her body language alone but her speech served to cement this observation. The way she brought up being an adult only made her seem all the more childish to Yakuroro, but he held his tongue from saying as much and patiently waited until Ruru had said her peace. When she was done, Yakuroro's expression softened out of its smile into a neutral tone and his eyes sharpened. It would be hard to tell whether he was angry or just being serious, but something about him would appear somewhat regal and kingly in nature. With the social masks gone, Yakuroro sternly revealed his true face to this woman briefly as he spoke in a tone that held the weight of his King Vessel status.

"The longer you travel the world the more you will learn that very few people are truly equal. The fact that we are both Imuchakk old enough to have come of age and that we are both magician's are coincidences. While we may have these things in common, they do more to sow inequality between us than the opposite. The magic I possess is good for some things, but it can likely never do the same things your magic type can accomplish. In a situation where your magic were more vital than mine, it wouldn't matter how strong of a spell I can conjure, your value would exceed mine by leaps and bounds. Even among adult Imuchakk there are hierarchies from chiefs to patrons to the matron of all Imuchakk Asisiak The Destroyer herself."

Following his monologue, Yakuroro stood and began gathering his things taking staff in hand and hoisting the gourd of water onto his back. Reaching into his sleeve the Imuchakk retrieved a few gold coins from a pouch and left them on the table. It was far more than a few glasses of water would be, but it would cover for the scene he was making and the damage potentially done to the seats when they had first arrived. With that taken care of, Yakuroro finished off his words before turning towards the door following the final syllable. "If you do not wish to accept me as your guide on grounds of potential inequality then so be it. I can't compel you, nor would I if possible. But if you'd like to learn why you hold more value than I ever could, then follow me." The rudeness of his actions held a certain grace about them that made it so they almost couldn't be called rude in the first place. His words rung with a certain truth that said not all were equal, but at the same time, no single person was always above others.

Yakuroro would not even look back should Rurukoha try to speak out or call him back. But as he left, a few white rukh would flutter around him reassuring Yakuroro that his actions were in line with fate. The man would exit the establishment and wait outside for no longer than ten minutes. This was the time he would give her to make a decision. Stay in that seat ignorant of more than just the layout of Heliohapt? Or gamble on what she could learn by following Yakuroro when he'd intentionally given her little reason to do so. This would be an excellent chance to see how she handled being flustered and how the resulting emotions guided her fate.

Rurukoha

Rurukoha
D-Tier
D-Tier

Rurukoha watched him leave, allowing herself an exasperated huff. By the Rukh, was that ice giant going to be a pain in her backside. She didn't know whether Yakuroro thought himself suave or gentlemanly enough to get away with such words, intended to teach her about the world, or simply didn't care for anything except what would meet his own ends. No. She had encountered people like him on more than one occasion, and had always handled them with the utmost grace and composure. Why was this insolent Imuchakk magician enough to make Ruru lose her composure? She pursed her lips as she pondered her reactions to his words.

What was it about Yakuroro that cracked the calm, glassy surface of her projected demeanor? He tore down the barrier she had spent years putting between herself and others in a matter of seconds as a small boulder hitting an ancient glacier in the right spot can cause it to come crashing down. She couldn't really figure out at what point he had found the right spot to fling his boulders. She went over everything in her mind, and it didn't make much sense to her. She had met many a man, some better than he by half and half again. None had been able to do to her all her life what this blue-haired magician had done in less than ten minutes. It made the giantess uneasy. She would have to have caution from here on out. If there even was a here on out with him.

No. She needed to pull herself together. She was the daughter of a chief. A diplomat in her own right, and a magician to boot, she had every reason to be just as calm and collected as him. And like it or not, she needed him. She just had to calm herself, restore the ice that had melted in the fiery heat of her temper, and be reasonable. She would follow him out and they would go on a journey together. Then she would do Yakuroro his favor, and that was the end of it. She closed her eyes. She was a mistress of the ice. She was cold, cunning, coy, and cruel. She could suffer him as long as she needed him. It gave her some small comfort that Yakuroro wasn't an idiot or dull in any way.

Rurukoha followed him out after three minutes had passed, the mask of calm restored. Her steps were graceful yet deliberate, her beautiful face twisted into that of someone with a single-minded purpose with the will to do anything necessary to see her intentions fulfilled. She carried herself like a chief's daughter once more, fierce and proud, yet somehow inviting at the same time. This time, she would make no mistakes with him as great as she already did.

She found Yakuroro just outside the tavern, waiting for her. He did not appear to be waiting patiently or impatiently to her, but in a sort of neutral space in between. Forcing a slight, soft smile onto her features, she approached him. "I believe I owe you an apology," she stated in clear, bell-like tones before he could say anything, meeting his gaze fearlessly. "I allowed my emotions to cloud my words and views of you, instead of keeping them in check. I was raised to think and behave better than I did, and I'm afraid I've shamed my father. I should not allow such a lapse in judgment to befall me again." Her icy blue eyes narrowed as she continued. Her voice suddenly took on a slight gravelly tone, the pitch lowering. "Please do not look on me with such disfavor based on my rudeness during our first meeting. I'm not usually so base as that. I would greatly appreciate it if you chose to continue to be my guide and companion on this journey I've undertaken." She quirked an eyebrow slightly, awaiting his response. She knew he was her greatest and possibly only chance at accomplishing what she was there for. She didn't want to lose him.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Since Yakuroro had been so quick to turn and leave he didn't really get to see the extent to which Ruru had lost her composure, but it was good to see that female ice giant had reclaimed it firmly by the time she went after him. The Blue Magician turned as Rurukoha approached and remained silent as she gave her apologies and extended her request once more. The friendly smile was back on Yakuroro's face, his social masks restored and the kingly demeanor hidden behind an almost goofy exterior. "You don't need to apologize, although humility and tact like that are excellent tools for a traveler. Be sure to keep them sharp." He reached for his waist and pulled at the knot of the jade green obi around his waist and the cloth came to live. The magical tool unraveled into a flying carpet and settled into the air as Yakuroro climbed aboard. The man's robes were open now revealing his torso and the tattoo that covered up a brand marking him as a "demon" in his home tribe fully. It was always embarrassing for Yaku to expose his body but it couldn't be helped when riding his flying carpet. Blushing at his chest touching the open air for all to see, Yakuroro would extend a hand to help Rurukoha onto the carpet, "Now come, there is much to see and learn."

-Exit-

((Exiting the thread so I can start posting in Reim. When you're ready for another thread pm or skype me and we can plan a more proper thread in Reim. Sorry this one was rushed and cut short!))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum