Looking for a New Admin

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for a New Admin Empty Looking for a New Admin 24/08/14, 06:29 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm looking for people interested in taking over as admin on the forum because quite frankly, I'm tired of the job and never wanted the responsibility that comes with it in the first place. One of the first things I told Jael when I joined the forum was that I had no interest in being staff let alone admin. But one thing led to another and before I knew it I was the only staff member left on the forum so the task fell to me by default.

I've been admin of several forums in the past and the same pattern always happens. I burn myself out and the forum becomes a JOB instead of a place where I relax and have fun.

I would much rather stay on as a member offering help here and there where I can as opposed to being an actual staff member with duties and responsibilities weighing my experience here down.

My deepest apologies go out to those waiting for posts in the Dawn of Magic event. Trying to write has been like banging my head against a wall as of late and I no longer feel confident that I can get the job done.

Requirements For a New Admin

Time: In order to be admin, you absolutely must have the time to dedicate at least an hour a day to the forum. Ideally you should be able to spend much more time than that.

Experience: I won't accept my replacement being someone who has not had at least some experience being an staff member in the past. You need to know your way around the admin control panel and you need to understand how to use basic coding used across the forum.

Passion & Devotion: You've got to want to do everything you can to improve the forum as well as the dedication to treat everyone on the forum fairly. I don't want anyone giving me special treatment because I was admin at some point, nor do I want to see someone getting a Djinn just because they are buddy buddy with an admin.

Open Ears: I know I've shot down ideas and plans in the past but usually it's because I already had ideas that were already going to be somewhat similar. Yet this does us no good when I'm unable to sit down and work on making those ideas a reality. That being said, my replacement would need to be open to taking suggestions and ideas from the forum members in order to improve the overall experience for everyone.

---------------------

I don't expect there to be many looking to take up the mantle of adminship. Not with all the burdens it carries. But I don't want to see this site wither away simply because I am suffering from writers block and an excess of stress. So here's to hoping at least one among you can raise up to the challenge. If you're interested in being admin, post here letting everyone know. I'll prepare some trials and tests of sorts, starting with wrapping up the event threads and/or starting new ones. I'll do my best to help guide things as far as plot direction goes.

When this is all said and done if we have multiple people then perhaps a poll can be posted up to determine who the new head honcho should be.

As a final note, if I don't think you should be admin I'll post here with a reason why. But my personal opinion wont sway the final outcome so please don't let that discourage you if you truly wish to help improve the forum and take charge as a leader of staff.

2Looking for a New Admin Empty Re: Looking for a New Admin 24/08/14, 08:33 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yakuroro, you've been a great asset to the site, and while i understand your complaints i just don't know if there is anyone on the site with your experience.  So, to that end, i would offer a different suggestion.  you once said to me that it was difficult being admin because although you'd like to participate in plots or dungeons, you can't because you would have to be the one to run them.  So, to ease your suffering, i would suggest that instead of stepping down completely, why don't we give you a Co-Admin to help alleviate the stress?  That way you can still have fun as a player while helping the site run as an admin.

As for myself, i don't know if i'd be a good pick for an admin.  i do know the forumotion controls as i've created my own site before (don't ask) but i'm not a good coder.  well, not yet anyways.  the only language i currently know is Python, and only simple stuff at that.  in a more positive light, i do have the time to commit.  i'm on everyday almost without fail, and i have plenty of time to devote to creating story arcs or devising interesting plots and dungeons.  I am an accomplished Dungeon Master, so my passion for role-playing and story telling is unquestionable.  I have been a moderator on two other sites, on of which you know, so i know what kind of responsibilities this will hold.  Also, while i might not have had a chance to show it yet, i am a very cooperative person.   I have my own ideas, but i am always open to suggestions and critique.

So to sum up, i don't think i'm ready to take over as an admin, but i think that if i were to support you, that we would make a good team.

3Looking for a New Admin Empty Re: Looking for a New Admin 25/08/14, 08:00 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I would not mind taking over as Admin, though I am relatively new to the site. I know a lot of people would rather simply RP and I cannot blame you, especially after having been Admin for awhile without ever having wanted to be one, for wanting to step down and simply enjoy writing again. As for the requirements, I have outlined them below:

Time: I work three days a week and have school, but still have plenty of time left over to dedicate to writing/admin duties.

Experience: I ran my own forum for over two years, including customizing the graphics and doing some simple coding. Though I am not entirely familiar with every aspect of the coding on this particular page, I learn quickly. My main issue is I have no clue how the experience counter is coded in. I am more familiar with Proboards, but have been looking at the Jcink system in case we still want to switch. Otherwise, the Forumotion control seems fairly similar to Proboards, so it would be an easy transition.

Passion & Devotion: I love to write and organize and I am not likely to simply give up on something just due to slumping activity. I would do everything I could to ensure everything runs smoothly and to come up with exciting, engaging events. I would also relish the chance to update information on the page to ensure everything is current.

Open Ears: I am extremely open to new ideas and suggestions and would love the chance to receive and implement input from everyone. Forums tend to be more successful when players feel their input has meaning. I can't guarantee I would implement everything everyone wants, but I would be willing to have discussions regarding what exactly people are wanting.

All of that said, I would feel more comfortable at this point helping to clean up the current Plot Events, to show that I have what it takes, time and talent wise, to handle the job. This would help to show not just you, but also the members, whether I would even be someone they would want as an admin. I know I would have a lot to learn but I feel I am up to the challenge.

4Looking for a New Admin Empty Re: Looking for a New Admin 26/08/14, 03:04 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Tonight I'll be working on a plot overview of everything that still needs to happen in Dawn of Magic events. It will be posted in the staff section and both of you will temporarily be given staff powers.

Basically, as a test to see if you guys can handle the weight, you'll both be in trial mod status. I'll give assistance where needed and direct you both to what plot events need runnings. Depending on how you guys do, both might end up as staff but only one will inherit the title of "Head Admin"

ALSO! It has come to my attention that Fu has had her laptop restored. So expect the tea lady to be a strong ally and possibly even be in the running for top dog staffer. Although her intentions and future activity have yet to be made clear.

5Looking for a New Admin Empty Re: Looking for a New Admin 01/09/14, 08:12 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Since Altair dropped out of the running and Ariella has been doing a fantastic job, I've promoted her to full admin.

I'll remove my own powers in the coming weeks as she settles into the role and my assistance is no longer required.

6Looking for a New Admin Empty Re: Looking for a New Admin 01/09/14, 08:27 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I shall do my best by you all!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum