5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Tepe:

With the sea in between The Dark Continent and Parthevian peninsula being as small as it was there was no surprise that the boats, navigation, and seafarers of the lands around the coast were sufficiently developed for traveling. This had long been true, especially for the people of Tepe, The Island city stuck in the middle. Once a simple place used as an outpost for traders and sailors it soon became their home as they looked to escape the slavery or persecution of the mainland. In a way, this city has always been the haven that some people have looked for, but at the cost of becoming something different than they all were before.

They have developed something that could only be described as a pirate culture, as their ports and privateers would steal from everyone but themselves as they soon enough became a place for refuges, a place for themselves.

Now with the war increasing more refugees have made their way there, however, they weren't the only ones to find the path and come for the hidden city. There are multiple people who come to the island for its strategic position, and its resources, but the islanders have their own goals. How will things go, and how will they be swayed?

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

Power it was something to be behold. It is not just a word to most people. It is just a word most people will never have. But to gain power one must first struggle in weakness. This is becomes once a weakling tastes power and what it truly feels like. It is like a addiction taking effect. Ghost is one such person. He is now sitting upon a stone Throne. But how long would this throne be made of stone? When will it be made of Gold? Or will it even be here tomorrow? These are the questions that have been asked of him from himself thus far. As he took over this small area. People was flying to come here left and right. But for what. This area was prone to be under attack sooner or later. But so long as he was here he planned on stopping just that. But now what was on his mind was to expand his small village to a force of might. As he looked on he would be reading a letter from a strange person. Ghost truly was in awe at the moment. What does all this mean for his nation yet to grow?

Ghost's land:

Ghost's boat:

NPC LIST
C Tier
Spoiler:

B Tier
Spoiler:

The Lone Center City [Arc/Plot/FOT] Which-rpg-inventory-system-icon-preliminary-steps
Name: Large Backpack
Tier: A
Description A backpack to hold your valuables in. Only one per character.
Effect: Allows the user to bring 4 extra items into a thread.

Weapons
The Lone Center City [Arc/Plot/FOT] Antonina-presniakova-fin-finssssss

Spoiler:

Items

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ghost on 27/05/21, 02:38 pm; edited 4 times in total

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The people who governed this island were thieves, and there was no honor among them. In a sense, all of this sea-by-sea combat was quite unfortunate for Longzufu, Lagi was unable to bring his trusty dragon with him whenever he went on excursions like this. But if there was one thing that Lagi knew, it was that he could use this territory a lot more than the other combatants that were trying to gain ground in helio as it continued to make these new changes. Or better yet, It was Lagi who thought of himself as more deserving. He wanted more power, but much less personal power and more territorial power for Tartarus. At the moment, he believed himself to be as strong as possible.

That remains to be seen, but in any case, the overlord was finally satisfied with his current accomplishments.

"Once we take this island, there will be no one left to oppose me.  Better yet, it would be even more difficult to do so afterward."

npc
Spoiler:

My possessions
Spoiler:

15/15 Stealth ammo
Spiteblade has 2 viper's fangs, 1 widows bite and 1  scorpions sting Cool

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

People could be persuaded to join a side, especially if their freedoms were being threatened. Tepe's position held an indispensable level of desirability on practically all sides of the current conflict. Despite the fact the island city remained free from any outside control or influence, that little detail could easily change in the coming days should any one of the sides push forth its interests in capturing the island. Al-Shamshura would likely hold the highest regard with the people here since Humayra and everyone else were fighting in order to secure and maintain their freedoms.

Tepe's freedoms would most assuredly fall disastrously should any of the other factions gain control over it. Humayra chose to visit the island with a singular goal in mind. To convince Tepe's people (and whatever leadership it might possess) to join Al-Shamshura, that it would be the best chance they had for maintaining the freedoms they currently enjoyed.

Even if they were all just thieves and pirates, Al-Shamshura could use all the allies they could find...

Humayra's list of bringing withs:

Gero Gu

Gero Gu
C-Tier
C-Tier

~Red Dragon~

"There is no individual sense of justice that can overrule the justice of the world".

General Info
   Character Name: Gero, Gu
               Link to Approved Character: Gero
               Affiliation: Kou Army

Equipment: Cane
            Technique: Skill

"Nooo!" said the little girl that been walking with the old geezer. He had sighed in reply as he rubs his chin hair. In the coming of the past few weeks, he had eliminated several bandits within the village. Along with a properly set up structure within the village, he was elected the chief of this particular stretch of land.  As the village chief, he had organized his people and resources very effectively. He had also gained a single boat. This accomplishment was attained through the sheer power of Gero's skills to defeat and command those for the better good.

Gero believes that since his appointment as the Village Chief also unofficial the 1st Elder of Chronus, and its founder. The recent betrayal of his organization had left an unpleasant taste within his mouth. One of the top tiers recently lost his mind and started to purge within the organization.

This causes a coup to started, and we lost a lot of power, and members due to that bastard's traitor ways. Now due to being one of the Elders of Chronus Gero had taken it to heart, and felt responsible for mishappen, and personally decide to recruit new members for the purpose. He had felt if he had a more hands-on approach than just sitting in the shadows he could groom, and control the piece on the board.

A born tactician in heart, mind, and soul believing he will lead these people to safety or governor them for the purpose of Chronus, and their goals. He had earned the respect and loyalty of the people of this village.

According to the recent information, and logs this building was the former village chief home, and where most of the village affairs are held. The village was called Wolf's Den Oasis it was kinda funny because the ship he ceases was called Sea's Wolf's Song. He guesses the village follows the theme of wolves or something along the lines.

It didn't matter as Gero made preparation prior to his arrival here just recently he recruit two new members to Chronus, and officially appoint their duo to the rank of Zodiac. He wasn't sure if he made the right choice however he will soon find out if he did. Officially he had sent a small unit of 6 people to transport a single item to his subordinates.

The item in question was a single journey book the group should be arriving in their encampment too Gero had stayed in contact with the lad and split their separate ways. Hopefully once Ghost would get the book he would write to Gero.

I sure you are safe, and sound. There have been some recent developments so I required your status."

Nothing much the letter was pretty simple straight to the point.

As of right now, Gero sat across from the little girl who been assistance him as his sectary of the village chief handling daily tasks that Gero himself couldn't do.

Dress in his traditional attire with his wooden cane sitting on his lap. Across from him was the girl, and sat along the wooden table was the open journey book he waited for earlier for his subordinates' words.

545 |545 Total Word Count

Info:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The city of Tepe sat in a very curious position, on its outskirts were ships that attempted to conquer the city, but it was a large island and its city controlled all of it with towers every 1km around the outskirts of the island, and another inner circle around the cities main borders. Although there was farmland and villages in between. Though the most notable places on the island were the massive shrine built into the mountain on the northwest side and the skull lagoon in the west. The main metropolis seemed to be busy today as people were moving around

Around the harbor, there were a few fishing ships, but there was also a warship and two other large ships used for ship warfare. It seemed these were military vessels that were made and used by the militia of the island. They were part of the defense of the island, manned the towers, and patrolled the streets as police especially since the war had started. It seemed like it would be hard to attack, or come in with an aggressive presence

Where ever they would find themselves on the island or around it they would be unprepared to learn the secrets of the land or to meet some of the people of this land. They might've come here hoping for a day, but they would all soon find that they would be here with more to keep them here for a variety of reasons. With the day just beginning they were left with the freedom to choose what they would do and what would set the tone for their time here.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

While in the city of Tepe, Lagi decided to fly on over to the warship boats instead of going to the main city. With this being the main defense, there was a good chance that the governance of the city took a militaristic approach and the military was the ones governing the island. If not, it was still one of the best and most efficient ways in order to gain an audience with the ruler of this land. Once Lagi landed, he began to look around. With danger sense and his powers, Lagi wasn't too concerned with resistance, he didn't come looking for a fight.

"I'd like to speak to your superior officer. I'm Requiem Jynx, the representative of the dungeon beast city. "

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

"Humayra...?" Abir Al-Sadek looked on towards his companion with concern glinting across his expression.

"Hrm...?" Humayra uttered, turning to Al-Sadek with a mouthful of island delicacies.

"This isn't what we came here for... You are aware of that yes?" He sighed. Besides her Fanalis origins, it seemed the girl's history as a slave and newfound freedom wasn't lost on her endeavors either... She wanted to experience things she'd never been allowed as a slave and right now this fact appeared to be distracting her very heavily from the mission at hand.

Humayra gulped down the savory morsels before speaking. "I know that, but we've been traveling for a while and it made me hungry..." Fingers were licked and Al-Sadek found the girl running off to another vendor before tossing a few coins at him in exchange for a taste of some sort of sweet scented pastry.

"We're probably going to be here a little while anyway right? Wouldn't it be better to enjoy the time and get to know the people a little better before trying to recruit them?" Humayra offered Al-Sadek a leg of meat from some animal that was likely local to the island. "We want to fight to keep our freedom. I'm sure these people want to keep their freedom too. If the other factions are seeking to control this island it probably won't be too hard for us to gain their allegiance since we want the same thing, right?"

Al-Sadek couldn't argue with such a valid point. The only problem with the girl's statement though happened to be Humayra's dangerous lack of diplomatic skills... She really didn't have any so he really couldn't understand why she'd been chosen for this mission...

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he sat upon the stone made throne of his. Ghost was all to well into this new role of his. Ghost would look on as he stare down at Moka. As Mya was on her way to his good friend location and hopefully she made it there in one piece. But something still was off to him. As he looked on he would see that his small humble land. Was still at large of getting attacked. Just what could he do to stop this? He would look to Moka as he would say to her. "You know what this is right here? This is a throne yet it is a weak one. I am far from being what I need to be. But this war will do us justice. You see I will take this chance upon this war front. To see what it is truly being hidden from us. The city of beast. Just might be one of the most powerful to ever exist. That is why the world is in danger now and that is because. There could only be one king can gou guess who that one king is Moka?"

As he said that she would look on and start to laugh a bit. "Trick question your majesty. But why would I answer that. Just what would be the fun in doing so. We all know that before change happens very bad things take place. It only depends on what we do to gain from such things." Ghost would look on with a smile. Meanwhile Mya was now at the old man location. As she was drain from her trip. What is in store for Ghost Team.

Gero Gu

Gero Gu
C-Tier
C-Tier

~Red Dragon~

"There is no individual sense of justice that can overrule the justice of the world".

General Info
   Character Name: Gero, Gu
               Link to Approved Character: Gero
               Affiliation: Kou Army

Equipment: Cane
            Technique: Skill

"Captain!" the yelling of that single word snap Gero back to reality daydreaming along the deck of the ship. What a luxury he has before the battle had begun as the island grew closer the water swept against the hull of the ship. More stuff along the coast was being made out thank god for that 20/20 vision that the old geezer has. Letting out a grunt he studies the deck of his ship several people moves along the deck carrying out their orders, and duties.

There was one particular note due to being on the ship of the  Sea Wolf's Song he had a visitor who seems to board his vessel due to the close proximity of the other war vessel. After a few seconds, he had rubbed his bald head the dream he had just a few minutes ago was one he wishes. He had wished to be back on land, and not at sea but his duties required that of him.

What is to be expected here today is probably many death, destruction, and untold riches. Replying back to the female voice of Mya. Gero grunted and said "Goat what bring you over to my vessel?"  Within his right hand he held his wooden cane with his left he holds the book that he was going to give to The Rat. Dress in his traditional attire Gero waited for the woman to reply.

Info:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

In the sea there were two boats at the center of the attention right now, as Gero's boat was being approached by a ship similar to the one Jynx had landed on. An obvious command ship, they were waving flags and if any of their crew knew how to read it they would know that it meant they were coming to stop them and see why there were here before they would be allowed into the city as many others had been.

However, on its twin boat another odd thing of its own had begun as the Dracul himself had forced himself upon the ship was immediately he was met with surprise as soldier and sailors jumped back with their weapons brandished before suddenly there was a call from the back of the ship as the soldier who had been surprised would suddenly step back in fear as a young man would suddenly come from behind him with all the others around them bowing to their commander.

A young man, not even in his thirties with tan skin and features hinting at Reiman and Heliohaptian heritage as he looked upon the intruder with nothing but interest on his face. "A many a fool has charged into battle seeking death, and many a wise man has found death where it was not expected, and yet I see neither in you and neither do I see a wish for death upon us."

"You introduced yourself, proper as it should be, yet you still have the gall to land upon a warship." It was then that the seriousness had completely dropped from his voice as he gave a soft chuckle to Jynx. "I wasn't sure what I expected to come from the fallen capital, but it wasn't you. Well met Requiem Jynx, I am Calisto Angliká, Prince Admiral of Tepe and heir to the city, what brings you to our waters?"

While in the city where those who already found themselves would soon hear trumpets, there had been an unusual amount of vendors and food out, and soon it would be revealed why. A festival of sorts seemed to be happening in town as Humayra and Al-Sadek would soon find that nearby there was a large stage that seemed to be gathering people around it. There also seemed to be a few important-looking stalls where it seemed important people would end up sitting at some point.

It seemed like they would have some time, but it seemed like there was going to be an opportunity for them to run into people of all kinds as more people started to funnel into the area from all corners and alleys, soon making the roads more crowded then they had just been.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Offering a handshake, Lagi would express his thanks for the prince calming things down when Lagi clearly didn't want a violent altercation. "Your highness, you took very care of your land and I do appreciate you allowing me to speak with you on such short notice. As confident as I am with my strength, killing, I tire of it.  It doesn't solve every single problem that a person may come across, the mightiest sword cannot solve famine and diseases. "

Regardless of whether the prince shook Lagi's hand or not, the overlord didn't take it personally.

"As you may have heard, there is a power struggle between Tartarus, the original heliohapt regime of royalty and the wealthy, the former slaves who wish for independence, and the bandits who seem to be rising in power even more than ever. I am on the side of Tartarus, a rare community of dungeon beasts that are ever-growing, I have no desire of seeing my people wiped out. Even if your humble abode is seen as a safe zone for the many who arrive, it's in the middle of a neverending conflict and I fear that you may be dragged into it.  Based on positioning alone, Tartarus is located on the waterfront. Trade, expansion, and war efforts done by the sea are something that we take immediate claim upon to protect ourselves and foster our growth. "

Looking around, Lagi wondered if anyone can help him a bit.

"Can someone bring me a map? Something current?"

If that could be supplied, Lagi would point out the Tartarus position and Tepe. "Safer trade and travel through these routes, new trade partners. Our marine branch or mermaids with more permanent adjustments would be of great value. I'm not asking for an answer now in regards to an alliance, because I'm sure you have a lot to think about and more than one offer."

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

Having finished off the leg of meat she’d been eating Humayra discarded the bone before raising a finger to point. ”What do you think that is for?” She inquired of Al-Sadek. The Fanalis girl’s attention had been drawn by a large stage set up in the middle of a crowd of people. At present the stage lay bare but as she watched, Humayra could see others gathering, joining the growing mass of people. They all seemed to be anticipating something to happen on the stage but even so, it looked like they were all a bit early to the show…

“I think it would be safe to assume they’re having a festival of some kind.” Al-Sadek noted to Humayra, taking in the vast number of stalls, some of which appeared they might belong to rather prominent people.

”Are they going to perform a play?” Humayra’s interest peaked. Always hearing about them, she never once had been permitted to actually observe a play in real action before. Without waiting for Al-Sadek’s reply, the Fanalis girl left his side, dipping into the crowd to obtain a better view of the stage. Al-Sadek sighed before proceeding into the amassing swarm of people himself. His progress in catching up to Humayra among the crowd proved difficult though due to his larger stature…

Some people were disgruntled, others surprised, a few were even mad at Humayra’s hustle through the crowd but they were incapable of pursuit to scold or stop her because the void the girl left behind in passing filled far too quickly. Humayra made her way through the crowd until her vision of the stage grew clear enough that she didn’t need to sneak any peeks through people’s shoulders. If anyone happened to be angry at her for cutting to the front then they didn’t show it, or were not brave enough to confront the girl upon noticing that their opponent happened to be a Fanalis…

A stage! Humayra smiled. She didn’t know how long a wait it would be before anything started but the Fanalis girl didn’t mind it. This would be her first time watching a play on stage, and she was in the front row to boot!

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he sat upon a throne made if stone. He would be getting ready for what could be his last day. Or better yet his last event and what not. He was nearly able too gather this land and the few people who. Truly sees him as head of the table. He would he at a stand still as his boat was ready to depart from the docks. But truth be told he did not wanna go out to fight in war.
Back on Gero boat Mya. Would be there. As she looked at the old man with a frown on her face. "I just can't believe you got me mixed up with that garden drome just now. I am not Moka I am Mya ya old fart. My king would like to make contact with you prior to the fight. Hoping something could be done before hand." As she said that she would look on. Meanwhile Moka would be nearly at the other land of Humayra as she had a robe on. Seeking to the do the same thing with her.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

On the great warship of the Prince Admiral a conversation involving alliances was soon beginning, seemingly each knowing a fair amount of each other's situation and a chance for them each to glean more quickly becoming aware. "I see, a powerful ally that controls the waters at the end of the strait, and an alliance with Tepe would give you further influence into the sea for trade and military purposes?"

Calisto giving his best guesses as to why he had chosen to come to him for an alliance, couldn't lie and say it wasn't tempting but he was a bit curious as to why someone who sought to liberate the land from humans had come to him with peace. However, he wasn't one to judge based on appearances and knew that he should take this opportunity to learn about them and determine if they were a true ally to their cause. At this moment he thought about the offer for a few quick seconds before he would turn to face Jynx one more his mind more firm than before.

"Tepe can handle itself well, we have plenty of experienced sailors who have worked as privateers for centuries and have tried to master hit and run warfare, however, the backing of another nation would allow us an air of legitimacy to separate from either group that would seek to assimilate my people." He spoke knowingly of the fact that his people could ultimately benefit from establishing themselves rather than relying on others. "Although this is not my decision to make alone, no decision on Tepe is made without the support of the Council of Royals, if it's alright with you I would like to bring you back for a formal meeting with my parents and siblings."

On the stage that was made in the middle of the town, the curtain started to rise, the backdrop was of a beach at the moment with fake boulders on each side of the stage with some seashells tossed there and about with an occasional starfish. Out of nowhere a man with a face as lean and mournful as a corpse, dark hair slicked back and glistening with some kind of oil, and as he spoke a husky, grating voice followed. "Good evening ladies, gentlemen, and everything in-between I would like to thank all of you first and foremost for coming to our show of all the others in the festival."

"Second, I would like to give a warning first and foremost to all of you, this play is an accurate recount of the settling of our island and is not a tale for the faint of heart." His words would drag on as his sunken eyes dragged around the crowd before settling back into an uneasy, unblinking stare in the horizon beyond them as he spoke. "If you are faint of heart, stomach, mind, or spirit I would advise you look for a more family-friendly performance, however for those who do stay I can promise a show that many would die for."

As he finished his little statement he took a step back and to the side disappearing behind the right stage boulder before soon enough a drum roll began. It would go on for a few moments, seemingly leaving some space so that way people who wished to leave would have time to do so, and those who were staying could get into their new spots.

This thread is now on a timer of 72 hours, extensions will only be given over the most strenuous circumstances and must be requested in advance as much as plausible. If you are not in combat and are skipped it will be taken as silence or continuation of action, if in combat this could result in autohits. Do not worry about others posting, just post as soon as plausible for your own sake.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"You shouldn't have to worry about us doing anything of the sort. Your way of life and how you function are different from ours. Assimilation of one culture to another in terms of Tartarus is the uprooting of one's way of life due to the natural transformations of becoming a dungeon beast. The main idea is having people of that species being able to have a place they can call home, as well as those who recently transformed find their way back to civility while coming to terms with their new way of life due to such transformation. That is as noble as my cause can be for my people, and I understand very well the importance of allies for a new city."

If anything, Lagi was honest in that regard with his intent with his own people, as well as the likelihood of upsurging the people Tepe. It was low, Lagi had his hands full enough trying to secure his own legacy.

"I'd appreciate the chance of an audience with your family. An honest discussion of how both of our areas can gain from our union is a benefit that I'd like to bring across the rest of your folks. "

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

With faces leaving the gathered crowd Al-Sadek managed to find his way into a spot next to Humayra. "It feels strange to admit but if this turns out to be an accurate account of events leading up to the settlement of this place, it could serve as a big boon in aiding our objective here." He'd spoken in whispers to Humayra, uncertain whether secrecy on the note was necessary or not.

The Fanalis girl hadn't been considering the possibility for learning about the island nation so much as she'd succumbed to the excitement of being able to witness a real live play. "R-right, that is why we came here, isn't it." She responded in a mock serious tone that was easily overshadowed by her physical demeanor. Clearly all she cared for and focused on right now was the fact she could bear witness to a real play, and have an unobstructed front row view of the event to boot.

Al-Sadek shrugged. If she could enjoy the play then perhaps she'd also be able to recall important details from it later as a result. Either way he was prepared to set his focus onto the telling as well.

Humayra and Al-Sadek stayed to watch, even as many others of the crowd were given time during the drum-roll to decide they didn't want to be needlessly traumatized...

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

On the ship, Jynx found himself on he would see Calisto walking towards a smaller boat that was fastened to the side of their ship. It was slightly bigger than a rowboat, but what made it notable was the color and elaborate designs on the boat. It was nearly pure white with golden decoration and even a figurehead of a swordfish at the front of it. It seemed this is where he was leading him to at the moment.

"Well if we can respect each other's differences, aid each other, and let each other's people walk in the other's land without bias I am sure we can find our two nations in a firm brotherhood." The Prince spoke eloquently as he put his foot into the other boat and soon jumped all the way in before finishing speaking. "Hop aboard, this will get us there faster than the other boats."

He looked like he was planning on going with him alone, none of the other guards weren't on the smaller boat with him and seemed to be going about their own work on the ship. While some were obviously keeping watch on the seas around them the others were maintaining the ship or its weaponry. Although some of them would stop to look at Jynx for a second-most of them would look away after a moment and would begin their work once again. It didn't seem like fear or malice, but instead genuine curiosity from the people around him.

As the drums began to quiet down slowly until they were just a rhythm that could be felt and heard in the background as the play began to unfold before them. There was suddenly a loud boom as a large drum behind the stage was hit and sheets of copper were shaken to imitate the sound of thunder as it went with the drums. Then they were followed with looked like chopped-up ice thrown onto the stage to imitate hail. It was from there that the narration would begin as some ominous chorus began to join in with the background music.

"Our story, the birth of our people, our culture, and our ethos could be said to begin with a tragedy that took place on a stormy night in a city that belonged to a kingdom long past. The city was ruled by a mayor who had married his one and only child, his daughter off to the seventh prince of a rival kingdom."

From behind the stage, the crew grabbed their pulleys and tugged on them until there was a fortress, and then eventually a backdrop of an office with a window showing the previous stage behind it. It was there that someone would come from off stage, an older man with long white hair and a matching beard. He would sit down at the desk as he looked out to the storm and the actor began to recite his own lines for the scene.

"Of course, the night of my daughter's visit is one of the storms, as if these years away haven't been long enough." He pulled out a quill and began to write on a document as the scene would go about its way. "Soon enough all my plans shall come to fruition."

This thread is now on a timer of 72 hours, extensions will only be given over the most strenuous circumstances and must be requested in advance as much as plausible. If you are not in combat and are skipped it will be taken as silence or continuation of action, if in combat this could result in autohits. Do not worry about others posting, just post as soon as plausible for your own sake.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Jumping in the boat and following after him, Lagi would take a seat.  As he looked over to the others who stared at him for a little more than a minute, he gauged their facial expressions and their killing instinct. From What Lagi could figure, they had no intention of doing him any harm and Lagi carried himself as an envoy pretty well. He wasn't here to cause any sort of trouble, he was only here to give his people the best possible chance of living a normal life. It was his responsibility as the ruler of that nation, no matter how small in comparison to others.  Regardless of how he managed to get such a responsibility, it was Lagi's chance to make the most of it.

"Lead the way. I should be taking notes as to how I should treat guests if the ruler of the country comes in personally. "

Lagi said this in a rather jokingly way.

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

”It’s starting!” Humayra’s hushed excitement disturbed the few in close proximity who yet remained to watch the theatrical moment. Al-Sadek only nodded, removing the girl’s gripped hand from his sleeve while whispering back; “Even if this is your first time, you should keep it down so you don’t end up disturbing the actors.”

Humayra settling down when it felt like there were ants in her pants just from the excitement she felt would be difficult. She contented with briefly covering her own mouth in response to the complaints as a reminder to contain any further verbal outbursts.

Being right up front where the actors were really was a different sort of experience from what Humayra was used to. The few moments when she’d been able to glimpse an act like this had been from the cover of oppressive shadows, and even then the experience had been limited to a theatre-of-the-mind as her owners never allowed the Fanalis to physically see the plays they themselves had enjoyed.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

For Jynx the trip to the city would feel quick for the most part, Calisto sang a sea-shanty or two for them, but what really made the travel quick was the boat they were upon. As when Calisto sat at the helm of the smaller boat bubbles rose around the bottom of the boat. It would take some time to observe but this boat was obviously magical as they jet across the water at an incredible speed, almost skipping across the top of the water.

"So have you ever road on a boat like this?" He asked laughter following after his voice as he turned to give the man the respect to look at him when he spoke. "It was my grandfather's, he was Prince Admiral in his day and taught me everything about sailing I know."

It was a bit of quiet after that, it seemed like there was something on his mind, something he would talk about before they made landfall which would be soon enough as it was, the shore in the visible distance as they moved.

"I have to ask, what kind of family does a man like you have, by blood or by bond any form of family is precious and shows what a person is willing to stand for if they're not willing to die for anything." His question seemed casual, like something two sailors might talk bout rather than two people in the positions of power that they were in. "So I just wanted to know, what's your family like?"

The elderly man looked upon his documents as if he was pondering something he had spent his life after and was finally on the verge of achieving, and it wasn't until there was a knock at the doors of his study when his concentration was broken and he turned to see what was there before him.

"Come in, I'm free to talk at the moment." He spoke as he put some of the papers aside before he would fold his hands over his desk before turning to the actress who came into the room.

"Hello father, it's good to see you after 14 long years." The actress spoke her lines clearly and loud seemingly caring a lot about her role as she stepped forward to keep going on with their little play.

"Layla, my dear Layla, it is good to see you once again, I have some things that I wanted to share with you." He stood up, picking up some stuff from his desk as he would put it behind his back and stand up to walk closely to his daughter before he was soon enough stopped by her own hand. "Oh, what is it my flower?"

"I have something that I would like to share with you my father, please let me go first." She spoke in a hurrying way as she stepped forward and placed a hand on her father's cheek. "In the time since I've been married, I have given my family three children, and to thank you for the things I have gained I wanted to give you something."

As the actress stepped forward she pulled what looked like a fake dagger from behind her cloak and suddenly stuck it into the man playing her father where he suddenly gave out a loud gasp that was exaggerated. This would suddenly be joined by the sound of a sudden drum and some flutes to emphasize the surprise as some people in the audience who had never heard the story before suddenly jumped up in surprise.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi didn't mind the singing, he tried to sing along maybe once, even though he didn't know the words that well and was only repeating the chorus."No, never. I can tell that the technology that it's made of is quite revolutionary when it comes to speed, this is something that not a lot of countries have to their advantage. In the case of intellectual property, you guys may have to be careful when it comes to your vehicles being taken. It doesn't have to be a perfect copy, but mimicking the strong traits of your area should always be something to keep a note about."

As for family, Lagi felt rather silent. It seems that there was a bit of a resignation of the topic when his family was mentioned. He didn't want to say, it wasn't something he wanted to talk about. "I'm quite the unorthodox ruler, the past isn't something I could bring with me. The family from before, I made sure that they are well taken care of and my absence doesn't bring danger or financial ruin to them. My family of now is my kin, my fellow dungeon beasts. Just because they speak the same language as you, doesn't mean that they would be guaranteed respect. Civilization is what separates us from the perception of being called monsters, I fight to secure their futures."

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

Humayra couldn’t help but jump up in surprise herself. The scene seemed to have been portraying a desirable situation in which the father’s daughter returned to him after fourteen long years. She even wanted to thank him after mentioning three offspring added to the family line. But the dagger? The scene turned surreal for the Fanalis. Though the context was clearly different, maybe the daughter felt trapped by her father and wanted to escape him? Had fourteen years away not given her the freedom she’d desired? It felt ironic that the weapon of choice for this act was of the same family, a dagger. The same thing Humayra had ended her former owners lives with…

This play was beginning to captivate the Fanalis in ways which likely differed from what the acting intended. A normal person might perceive the scene as an act of betrayal, but Humayra couldn’t help but think perhaps this was the daughter’s way of finding release. Maybe she was seeking to save herself from a future shackled by the man who’d formerly raised her. A man whom she’d left behind for fourteen years and yet couldn’t apparently ignore any longer.

Calming herself down from the surprise, Humayra continued to watch the play with renewed interest. She’d expected to learn something about this island’s history. Oddly enough she only wanted to see what would happen next now that the woman had murdered her own father!

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As they started to close in on an inlet they would slow down as he gave a slow nod as an affirmed to what he said about his family. It seemed he was respecting his choice to only reveal some small important things, but it also made him happy to hear what he said. "Well, it's good that you see your people around you and your country as a family, that's good for a leader to make sure they always take care of their people's needs, and I hope that we can become siblings or cousins to your family."

It was quiet for a moment after he said that as he was waiting for Jynx to say something. Whether it was out of politeness or curiosity he would give him some time to speak as he steered their boat making sure they went where he wanted them to go as the water would narrow, before soon enough a dock hidden behind some trees could be seen from where they drove in.

"It looks like my father and siblings have come to the dock to greet us." The Prince Admiral said as he pointed off to the dock in the distance where there were five figures that could be seen but not discerned. "It will be good to introduce you."

There was a sudden panic as the woman saw her father's life drain away and he pointed over at his stuff, too shocked to give any last words before he would fade away from the world with a sharp gasp as he went limp with his bent wrist pointing over at his desk. She would quickly calm before standing up and pushing him over to the floor before walking over to the desk to see what could be on there and why it was more important than last words.

"Oh dearly departed father what could be so important for me to read rather than for you to speak." The actress spoke loudly as she picked up the papers and made it look like she was reading them. "Oh, Father! and here I thought you wanted me out of your way to use as a tool, so I thought to use you for my own plans but to plan to use me to secure a new crown for our blood and make me your heir!"

It was heavy on exposition but it wasn't necessarily a high-end production, this was after all a stage play in the middle of the festival to celebrate the heritage of their people. There was a sudden explosion of sound as another round of fake thunder was added. There was a second before suddenly the fake thunder evolved into what was the sound of steps. It was cleverly set up so that it would transition into the next sound of guards walking up from the storm. The actress looked like she was panicking as the play went on and on.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"I will fight viciously for my people. Considered as my ally would also consider you as one of my people, I have faith in my power if nothing else. However, that's not all I have to offer. " Lagi wanted to be seen as reliable, or he wanted other people to see that he can be. There were plenty of challenges and this was his second go as a ruler, but he was going to make it work. However, he was surprised that there were people there to see him already. " Your father? I didn't think this was happening so soon, perhaps word got around in such a short amount of time. " Loose lips, Lagi didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing yet.

However, as he approached, he still maintained a friendly smile on his face and greeted the following rulers with a respectful bow.

"I am Requiem Jynx, the Overlord Of Tartarus. I requested to meet with you all, your son has been very open-minded and accommodating to the idea itself of us having a conversation. Please, be proud of the young man you raised."

The Lone Center City [Arc/Plot/FOT] GLyfJND

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum