You are not connected. Please login or register

A city full of schemes [Private/plot]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Leila Rosenberg

Leila Rosenberg
C-Tier
C-Tier
To say that this was a chaotic period in Balbadd's history would have been the understatement of the year. In the end, the nocturnal massacre of Yahya Zakaria was a subject that lingered in people's minds, and Leila was no exception.

Seated in a chair at the lone window of her room, the young woman's eyes gazed upon the distant docks of the city, and after a moment she brought a finger to her lips, a light mumble escaping from under her breath.

"This turmoil is troublesome..." Indeed it was, in the end, how could she possibly prepare her campaign to extract revenge against Magnostadt if the people were occupied with the gloomy thoughts of the recent horrors?

"You seem to be thinking deeply about something Leila." A soft voice came from beside her, causing Leila to lower her gaze to the end of the table, and as she had expected the crimson-hued bird was perched upon the chair beside her, looking at her with a hint of fascination. "You could say that I'm slightly curious about something~"

The bird tilted his head to the side in confusion while Leila leaned backward into the chair, musing softly so that only her pet would hear what was about to be said next. "That Yahya Zakaria matter..." The bird inquired with a hint of curiosity about the statement "What about it?" There was just something odd about the entire matter. Corruption within the cabinet wasn't anything strange, her master was the perfect example of this. However, what didn't make sense was that a man could be driven to downright genocide upon his people.

"Master Abbass would surely have commented about Yahya's insanity, or the man was a splendid actor. But for what reason to commit such an act? If I heard the rumors right, they found evidence that he was accepting briberies from the Kou empire, but what reason do they have to commit such actions. Bribing a Cabinet member, and then have them slay their own people... Either the empire has accidently replaced their tacticians with a child or..."

The eyes of the young woman widened slightly as she mused softly "Could it be..." A sudden knock on the door made her sit upright again and quickly address the sound with a soft "please enter", allowing the door to open and a young maid to step inside the room.

"Master Abbass has requested your presence miss Leila"

Nodding her head curtly in response she rose from her seat, the bird hopping onto her shoulder as she approached the doorway, addressing the maid briefly. "I guess we should see what the master wants if we are fortunate he might want us to look into his ex-colleague."

In the end, Abbass was quite displeased with his demotion from the cabinet, and he'd likely do anything to get appointed once more, what meant he would likely be scheming something new already... And fortunately, his room was right opposite of her own, so with a polite knock she heralded her arrival.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Leila's vault

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
The black haired man tapped the table he was sitting at, signaling the servant behind him to refill his wine glass while he continued to continued to read his book. A soft, yet familiar knock reached his ears. "Yes, my dear Leila, come in darling!" he said in his normal, relaxed tone of voice. "Would you also like a glass of wine?" he said, plucking one of the many wine glasses from under his desk and putting it on the desk next to his own. "It's quite delicious if I say so myself." The female servant behind Abass would fill the wine glass, depending on Leila's answer.

"Anyways, let's get to why I called for you, my dear. As you already know, I've been demoted and removed from the cabinet all together." Abass said, moving his finger in circles around the glass's rim. He closed his book, and got up from his seat, simply to begin pacing back and fourth near his desk.

"Don't you find it quite odd, about what happened Yahya, that is. I never saw him as man that would do such a thing, or hell between just you and me, I didn't think he had the balls to do something like that." Abass let out a controlled laugh, followed by him grabbing his wine glass and pressing it up to his lips, taking in a large gulp of the sweet alcohol. He then sat the glass back down and made his way over towards a bookshelf, he then began skimming through all of the novels before eventually picking one out and laying it on his desk.

"What I'm trying to get at Leila, is what is YOUR personal opinion on the whole matter? Do you think my demotion was justified? How about Yahya's descent into madness? I'm sorry to burden you with so many questions, but I must know what my most prized pupil must think on the matter."

Leila Rosenberg

Leila Rosenberg
C-Tier
C-Tier
When she was given clearance to enter the room Leila proceeded with the usual deceptive smile upon her lips, a clever mask that concealed her true emotions or thoughts. A little bow followed out of respect before she was offered the opportunity to partake in one of Master Abass his priced wines. "I'll appreciate the offer Master, but drinking wine this early in the day would end up dulling the mind you taught me to sharpen so carefully~"

A soft chuckle followed after her polite declination but as their conversation proceeded to the subject of Yahya's activities she frowned slightly, a fingertip raised to her chin as she answered the inquiry of her master in a soft and gentle tone. "I don't believe it is justified, Master, there are simply way too many points that raise suspicions."

Indeed, while Master Abass was a corrupt politician, he was able to deceive everyone with an unnatural amount of acting skills. There was no reason or cause to demote him from the cabinet, unless... "It's been a thought drifting on my mind for a while already, but doesn't it strike you as odd that everyone was demoted, and replaced with people who are, in essence, foreign in the political world? I don't recall the newly appointed cabinet having been a part, or involved with the cabinet in any way till the elections..."

Then there was also the issue of Yahya's descend into madness. He simply seemed not like the type of person to become obsessed with the thought of genocide, so in the end, she replied with a brief smile. "I remember Yahya from when I accompanied you to the cabinet, unlike you Master, he was quite a docile man lacking that ambitious fire inside him. He simply doesn't seem like the type of person who would have the willpower or motivation to commit something as insane as the tragic slaughter..."

Despite her choice of words, she felt not a single shred of pity or sorrow at the events that had transpired, and yet her acting still continued, a perfect deception as she was taught by her master. "If a man like Yahya would descend into madness, do you not think that he would have committed suicide rather than the actions he made that night? He looked more like the type who would run away... Those insights, alongside the rumors that been spreading about the motive behind Yahya's actions, make me firmly believe an external influence is responsible for both your demotion and Yahya's actions."

And yet there was one thing that lingered, an ominous thought that she voiced with just a little sliver of fascination in her voice. "But that raises the question: Who in the world would have so much influence that they can manipulate a politician that much, and even more: cause an entire reformation of the cabinet? I just can't help but feel someone is playing a puppetmaster in the shadows..."

Leila's vault

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
A devious grin stretched across Abass' face momentarily, showing his true nature. "I knew you would get it, the others think I'm crazy and just making up some kind of conspiracy. It just doesn't add up though, right? Yahya was not that kind of man, he wasn't a saint by any means, but he just wasn't like that. It must have been some kind of set-up, but who would do something like that? Was it the Kou empire? If so, then why would they intentionally frame themselves, unless it's some sort of trick conjured by Gao Yuan Zu to trick the masses of another country into fighting against Yoshiro."

Abass let out a sigh and reclined his legs on a wooden stool under his desk, resting his hands on top of his stomach. "How would we go about finding something like that out though. I know a LOT of people, but I've made contact with most of them already, but they don't know anything on the matter either. Who in the world could have gotten away with something like this, so masterfully at that."

Abass' fox-like eyes focused on his pupil in front of him, he could tell that she was holding back her true feelings from him. 'Tch, that's what I get for training her in my own image.' he thought to himself, feeling slightly agitated. "What do you think we should do? I'm quite stumped myself, to be honest with you. I still have some others I could try contacting, but I highly doubt they would know anything. Perhaps, we could try our hand at asking some of the people that stormed his house? Maybe, just maybe, they were informed of Yahya's deeds before-hand by someone."

The last drop of wine touched Abass' lips, causing him to tap on the table next to his glass, signaling the servant behind him to refill it. "Anyways, Leila my dear, you may leave my office as you wish. I think I'm going to go out for a walk, you may act on your own accord. If you wish to go prying around, just ask for my help. I've got plenty of powerful men at my disposal, as you never know these days if someone is after you or not."

Leila Rosenberg

Leila Rosenberg
C-Tier
C-Tier
The mentioning of the Kou Empire made Leila ponder for a moment about her earlier thoughts, raising a hand to the side of her face, and while allowing her cheek to rest against it for a moment as if she was thinking about something serious for a moment.

"That is a course of thought that has occurred to me before Master, but something doesn't make sense: Yahya didn't seem that dimwitted to let himself be discovered of treason that easily, what does make me consider the idea that he was indeed used as a scapegoat for the true culprit."

She paused for a moment as she was given permission to leave, and an offer for aid was being provided, to be expected since her master was likely getting rather restless about the fact some powerful figure was manipulating his playground from the shadows, and everyone knew the cabinet of Balbadd was Master Abass' sandcastle.

"As you wish~ If I hear anything interesting I'll inform you as soon as possible."

She made a little bow in respect for the man before rising back to her full length and making her way toward the doorway. She was going to need to figure something out, some sort of clue was needed if she wanted to figure out a course of action. In the end, whoever had been responsible for this, had made sure that his or her's trail was as covered as possible. Whoever they were, they were pretty good at covering their tracks, so her master's initial assumption of it being the Kou Empire made sense.

Then again, at the same time, she couldn't help but feel there was something off about this whole event. The unusual behavior of the culprit, the rather easily uncovered evidence... No, it was clear that something or someone was trying to fool the people of Balbadd, and to be entirely honest she was a bit excited to participate in this cat and mouse game.

Yet while she made her way along the corridor she also kept her master's earlier words in mind: he was an influential man with powerful allies. Her personal objective would be quite a difficult task to overcome, but that only made it an even more exciting goal to pursue. It was akin to the chess games her master was fond of playing, albeit curiously enough since the last count of their game both had exactly the same amount of wins and losses, making one idly wonder the thought who the most clever strategist was.

Perhaps I should check out Yahya's residence and poke around for some clues from those who were present during the raid.

It certainly was one way to pursue her investigation, in the end there was a saying that a culprit always returned to the scene of their crime, so perhaps she would be able to find out something worthwhile at Yahya's place, or at the very least she would be able to keep herself busy~

Leila's vault

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
“No doubt, Yahya was not dimwitted, just a coward. You’ve got a point though, that right there is one of the reasons I took you in Leila, dear.” Abass gave his pupil a warm smile before she proceeded to leave the room. “Hiba, keep an eye out on the girl, won’t you?” Abass spoke to the servant behind him that had been serving him wine during the conversation. “Keep yourself hidden from her, she’s got an incredibly keen eye. I’ve got a few things I need to check out myself, so I’ll be taking one of your comrades along for the ride.” The raven haired man stood up from his desk and grabbed his coat and hat, taking a leave from the room as well.

Hiba, originally a fragile servant girl from the far west, was now a powerful pawn in Abass’ game. Leila would have no idea that she was being watched by Hiba specifically, but it’s possible she could sense someone was tracking her. Abass had sent Hiba to watch over Leila to make sure she wasn’t going to withhold information from him, that and to ensure her safety in case of an enemy ambush.

“Hasam, you’ll be coming with me today.” Abass directed the swordsman guarding his inner most chambers. Hasam, a former bodyguard that swore his loyalty to a very wealthy and noble family in the Kou Empire. Abass had bought him from that family a few years back, and ever since he has been Abass’ most loyal follower. “Of course, Master Abass.” The lanky brown-haired guard gave his master a bow, just before grabbing the large scabbard next to him before they took off.

Once Leila reaches Yahya’s residence, she will be given the choice to either sneak around or come into contact with a group of hooded figures.

Leila Rosenberg

Leila Rosenberg
C-Tier
C-Tier
If there was one thing Leila learned when she was in the service of Master Abass, then it was without a doubt that she should always be prepared for the worst. Her master was a clever and calculating man, and surely he wouldn't let her investigate without keeping an eye on her endeavors. He was just as wary of others as she herself was, and perhaps it was that mental game of chess that had honed her mind so carefully.

Certainly, she might have had Trapper with her, and unknowingly to most she also had already her symbiote, but the latter was still raw and untested, so she was uncertain whether she'd be able to use it properly or not. Still, the fact she was being observed by someone was a detail she was more than aware of, it was just the matter of being unable to sniff out the shadowy mouse without being noticed.

It wasn't that long that she reached Yahya's residence, and a frontal intrusion seemed out of question due to the fact that whoever had been responsible for the deception, had likely ensured nobody would be able to sniff along the trail that easily. No, it was time for some sneaking around.

Yet it appeared her decision to investigate would not be without merits, for while she was quietly observing the residence from the corner of a nearby alleyway, she felt Trapper nudge slightly against the side of her head, revealing there was a small passage to get closer to Yahya's residence without being noticed that quickly, and so she started sneaked... It was at that point, right when she neared the side of the building and was about to look for a way inside, that she could have sworn she saw something from the corner of her eyes, a swift turn of her head revealing she had found a potential clue, but a dangerous clue at that also! For there was a group of hooded figures nearby, and who knew what type of surprise this encounter would have in store for her.

To be entirely honest, she was just a tad-bit nervous, perhaps because she was dealing with a lot of uncertain factors in her plan, and everyone knew a wild card was the most dangerous play in a game! So what would this wild card end up being? A play that would allow her to place her master checkmate, or a bust that would lead to some serious complications?

Leila's vault

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Another silent face in the crowd, that’s what Hiba trained for so long to become. Whether Leila knew someone was following her or not, there was not a chance in hell that she would have been able to guess who it was. Hiba was not only a skilled assassin, but her ability to stealth and disguise was on an entirely different level from others like her. 'Make sure she does not leave your sight, also, if she happens to get into ANY trouble at all, do not hesitate to reveal yourself and help her out.' The words of what Master Abass had told her just before she left rang throughout her mind, reminding her where exactly her priorities should lie. It was strange to see Master act like that towards anyone, making it clear as day that he had some form emotional bond towards her. Perhaps, it was because she simply reminded him of himself, or for another reason. Whatever the case may have been, Hiba couldn’t bring herself to actually care much about it, all she cared about at the time was to follow the orders her Master had given her.

The Heliohaptin assassin continued to keep her mind busy with various thoughts and memories, while keeping her keen eyes focused on Leila whom at the time was swiftly closing in on Yahya’s mansion. The crowd of people from earlier had finally started to thin out, forcing Hiba to keep more and more distance from the girl over time. To simply put it, Hiba was taken by immense surprise when her shoulder was suddenly tapped by a hooded figure, a faint porcelain mask emanating from underneath it.

As Leila arrived at Yahya’s manor, the sun had completely set and darkness creeped up on the unsuspected. “So, what do you guys think? Should we try to find another way inside?” A raspy voice asked, coming from the leftmost hooded figure. “I swear I had it a few minutes ago...I must have dropped it!” A few of the figures suddenly began to shuffle around in the dark, as if they were looking for something on the ground. From a distance they might have gave off a dangerous impression, however, if one were to watch their cluelessness for less than a minute, they’d realize that the group was nothing more than a pack of idiots. This would leave Leila in a strange position, would she pursue these hooded figures? Or would she ignore them completely and find a way inside of the manor without them.

Leila Rosenberg

Leila Rosenberg
C-Tier
C-Tier
Perhaps it was fortunate that Leila had been observing the small group of hooded figurines so carefully because when they started speaking among themselves she could easily overhear the fact they had lost something. It was most likely something of value, and considering the location she judged it was their means of getting inside the mansion, a loss for them and an opportunity for her.

She had some choices really, one in particular could have been to search for the item the group lost, but at the same time it was also growing quite dark, so scavenging the ground in search for a key, without using her means of creating a light meant that she'd be stuck there for hours! That is unless she's search away from the crowd? It seemed like a logical decision to find a different means of entering the mansion!

Then again, who knew how long it would take for her to find another way in? The hooded figures seemed a bit on the dumb side and few in number. Even better was the fact they had yet to notice her, so perhaps if she took the initiative and ambushed them, then maybe... just maybe she would be able to take them down and search for what they had lost. It wasn't a bad idea, especially since she had Trapper, and in a worst case scenario she could try out the capacities of her symbiote at the same time also!

Then again, it wasn't like her to take such a big risk without a calculated strategy, so slowly stashing the Hot Amber Egg back into her pocket she started to back away from the group, searching for a different way inside. Surely the other side of the mansion could also work, perhaps there was a weathered window or some overlooked passage that could lead her inside, but for now she decided to play it a bit more careful.

"Trapper, look for a high vantage point and warn me if anyone approaches or is at risk of seeing me."

The bird nodded his head lightly as he took flight in the darkness, and once she confirmed he had gained a good spot she pulled the Red Hot Amber egg out of her pocket, and pointing it sideways along the wall, about a bit more than a meter away from the wall poured her Magoi into it, allowing a magic circle to manifest around the egg, and soon a small bird-shaped fire projectile soared through the air, illuminating both the area, and more importantly the ground so she could see if those bandits might have lost their item around here. Sure, the flame could only travel for seven meters, but it was more than plenty for her to get a look of the area.

"I got the feeling this might become a long night..."

And little did she knew, how ominously right she had been with that prediction, for she had been unaware of the events unfolding in the shadows.

---
Is used:
Code:
Name: Hot Amber Egg
Tier: D
Type: Magic Tool
Magic Type: Heat
Appearance: An odd, egg shaped gemstone that is warm to the touch. It is 15cm; small enough to hold in the palm of a hand. A bird shaped silhouette can be seen within the amber.
Function:

Phoenix Fire - Feeding magoi into the stone will cause the magical circle to glow; casting a bird shaped flame in a straight line that will collide into a target dealing D Tier fire damage. It is 1m wide and can travel up to 7m away from the user before dispersing. 10 magoi to cast | 5 to sustain

Leila's vault

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum