You are not connected. Please login or register

A Mothers Sweets [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Mothers Sweets [Job/Solo] Empty A Mothers Sweets [Job/Solo] 19/02/21, 04:38 am

Broodboy

Broodboy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Solomon's Proxy wrote:Job Name: A Peasant's Medicine
Job Rank: D
Job Location: The Mainland / The Plains
Job Rewards: 50 Exp. and 3 000 Huang
Job Prerequisites: none
Job Overview: A small family made of two kids and their mother work in one of the smaller farms on the east coast of Magnostadt. One day however the mother of the two young children falls ill and the only one who can save her is you. One of the children appears to have basic knowledge of herbs but is afraid of leaving her mother alone. Can you save the peasant family?

W/C:965/500

Malachi wiped the sweat that beaded down his forehead. The sun was not out to make any friends today as her rays made the forest floor warm and uncomfortable. His ears heard no leaves rustling nor could his nose smell the ocean that usually drifted from the sea. Boy oh boy today is a rough one.” He said feeling the dried soil between his toes. It has not rained in at least a week. You poor things Mother nature can be cruel. A solemn look grew on his face. His commune with the forest flora was interrupted by the heavy breathing of someone in hiding.

He turned his head to the side for a closer listen. A young heart that was anxious and shy. No, it was fear ringing in his ears. He continued his work feeling the textures of leaves and in some cases lifting them to his nose to smell them while humming a herb picking song.

”The roots of the plant grow underground. Underground. Underground. The stems on a plant hold up the leaves. Hold up the leaves. Hold up the leaves. The flowers on a plant or growing seeds. Growing seeds. Growin….” He smiled softly through his song. Got yah.

The little boy cautiously walked up to Malachi from behind earnestly. Erhm…. Excuse me mister. Are you a magician? Please be one. My mother needs help and I’ve been running all over the forest.” Malachi turned around and towered over the small boy before squatting down to his level and ruffling the child's hair. He could feel twigs and leaves stuck inside it and dirt as he moved his hand down to the boy’s shoulder.

”Today is your lucky day little one. Look no further.” He could feel the excitement in his shock and the sniffles from his nose as the boy began to cry. ”Please help me. My sister didn’t want to leave my momma’s side and I am the fastest one so they sent me for help. Our home is just over the hill there. Is my momma gonna die!” It was hard to discern through the boy's cries but, Malachi got the jist.

The magician grabbed the satchel filled with herbs he gathered already and handed it to the small boy. ”I do not know if I can help but I will let you pay for it with your labor. Carry my bag for me and let's go check on your mother.”

The boy was so relieved that he did not care to notice Malchi’s blindness. Truth be told most people don’t because he acts as if it didn’t exist. Within an hour they pair arrived at the home and the door flung open eagerly.

”Big sister I brought someone who can help! He said he would make momma feel better! He’s a Magician!” She twirled with excitement and  spoke with great gestures. ”Isaeh, thank the magi! Please my mother is in the back room and is very weak.”

Malachi playfully patted Isaeh’s head while raising a finger to make a point. ”Hai, I am indeed a magician but, I made no promises to your little brother, Chibi-chan. I will look at your mother but you must make me the sweetest treat you can think of!” With a child delight on his face he made way to the back room.

As he pulled the curtain back the stench of sickness assaulted his nose. He could hear the shallow breathing of the woman as he placed a hand on her forehead and two fingers on her wrist. Her pulse is weak and her temperature is easily thirty seven centigrade. Judging by the smell she has been bed ridden for at least four days. Maybe fate put me here so I can make a choice, lady luck is fickle isn’t she. He ruminated in thought for a moment more until he heard the whispering of the children our the room.

He gestured for the young boy to come to him.”Isaeh-chan… bring me my bag and grab the pretty purple flower with a red center.” The little boy rummaged in the satchel like a bull in a china shop until he found what Malachi described. The older sister’s heartbeat raced. ”Is that!” Hai, two points to you! If you know what this is then I assumed you know what to do with it. Grind it up into a paste and boil it in some water with some honey and peppermint. Feed this to your mother three times a day until she is feeling better.”

Tears began to flood both children's faces with relief and gratitude as they approached to hug their savior. He knelt down and used his two arms to stop them from their heads. ”Now now, don’t you owe me something like payment? Isaiah already carried my bag for me. I was promised a sweet Chibi-chan”

”Yes Mr. Magican. They are a few days old but momma made them for us before she got sick. You take a biscuit and you put this lavender and lemon honey all over it.”

His mouth began to salivate at the thought of honey and lavender together. He plucked the jar from the little girl and put it away for later as he bid them farewell. Walking outside he could smell a field of lavender being blown in by the wind as the clouds slowly began to cover the sky. Rain was on its way and much needed from the week of brutal heat.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum