Name: Corrosive Lances
Tier: D
Cost: 10l5 magoi
Element: Poison
Class: Offensive
Range: Long
Duration: Sustained
Cool-Down: 2 posts or sustained + 1
Description:  Morrigan creates five spears made out of dark red poison. The spears are 2.5 meters in length and have a diameter of 2 cm. She can launch each of them individually or all at the same time at a speed of 10 m/s. The spears have a maximum range of 10 meters and do D tier damage by piercing and melting skin. This may be sustained in order to fire out another set of spears in a subsequent post.

Name: Snake Tears
Cost: 10 magoi
Class: Supplementary
Duration: Instant
Cool-Down: 2 posts
Description: Morrigan conjures up a blob of poison, with a diameter of 2 meters. The poison is translucent with a green tint to it and it takes the shape of a tear. She can the launch the tear at any target, it travels at a speed of 10 m/s and has a range of 10 meters. It splashes against its target and poisons it, causing stinging pain in the body, doubled reaction time and halved ability speed for two posts.

Name: Scale Armor
Cost: 10l5 magoi
Range: Self
Cool-Down: 2 posts or sustained + 1
Description: Morrigan covers her body in a special poison, both yellow and green in color. The yellow poison is only toxic if it is digested and it serves as a base, a defensive crust that protects Morrigan's skin from the green poison and rests on top and can be absorbed through the skin. The poison takes the shape of scales and protects Morrigan from damage as well as damaging enemies who directly touch the scales. The scales cause D tier damage on contact.

Name: Black Feather Poison
Description: Morrigan creates black poison that takes the shape of a feather, about 2 meters in size and then launches it at her enemy. It travels at 10 m/s and can cover a distance of 10 meters.The poison is not meant to damage but rather paralyze one limb for two post, reducing the target's speed by 5 m/s.

Name: Venom Whip
Tier: C
Cost: 20 magoi
Range: Medium
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: Morrigan creates a whip of dark red venom on the tip of her staff. Using it she can swing at anything within a 10 meter radius of her staff. The whip has a length of 10 meters, a thickness of 2 cm and travels at 15 m/s and inflicts C tier damage, cutting and melting flesh.

Last edited by WitchAssassin on 01/01/15, 04:41 pm; edited 8 times in total

2Morrigan's Starter Spells Empty Re: Morrigan's Starter Spells 01/01/15, 01:38 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

General edits:

All spells require a size/scale specified on it. For example, your spears must explain how long they are and how large in diameter they are. This can be a range, such as: .1-1 meter long and .1-.3 meters in diameter.

Snake Tears:
Only plague magic can deal damage and have the supplementary poison effect at the same time, as that is the passive effect of Plague magic. Poison magic would have to follow the Offensive/Supplementary guidelines, which would mean a D-Tier spell would not be able to have both in it.

Scale Armor:
Spells cannot be defensive, only supplementary or offensive. If the poison touches her, she would be effected by it as well (friendly fire is set to ON, my friend), so I would need you to describe how the poison enters the body: through skin contact? Through digestion, or through contact with an open wound?

Witch Step:
Int users are not allowed to have dashes and the like. Those belong to the other classes. Int users can register flight spells, if you would like some sort of speed boost. Those are found Here.

Venom Whip:
This is an offensive/supplementary, and would as such suffer the 1-tier debuff penalty. That means it would deal D-Tier damage, and the supplementary effect would last for 2 posts. I assume that the whip begins at the end of her wand, which would make it possible to hold it without suffering the effects yourself. Maximum scale of a C-Tier ability is 10 meters, so you would not be able to hit anything within a 20 meter radius of you. Range determines how far a projectile attack travels. You are whipping things with a magic-created weapon, so scale determines how far it can go. You would add the 10 meters to the length of your magic conductor (Staff/Stave/Wand) in order to determine this, but the spell itself would be a maximum of 10 meters in length.

3Morrigan's Starter Spells Empty Re: Morrigan's Starter Spells 01/01/15, 02:10 pm

WitchAssassin

WitchAssassin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Edited in sizes.
Changed whip and tears accordingly.
Added more detailed explanation on the scales.

I actually feared the radius problem on the whip but didn't know how to word it better and I wasn't sure about the poison/damage thing but went with it anyway since there was no mod to ask at the time. Think everything is fixed now though so bump for edits.

4Morrigan's Starter Spells Empty Re: Morrigan's Starter Spells 01/01/15, 03:04 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It's cool, that's why there is this process here. To make sure you get a grasp on the rules for your abilities, and how they can work.

Scale armor:
If this does damage, it is offensive. If it is offensive, it only lasts for how long the duration is. Please read the sustain rules for guidelines on making it last longer.

Black Feather Poison:
Please re-read the description on D-Tier paralysis and update your ability accordingly: https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t2486-ability-guidelines-important#11811

Venom Whip:
How thick is the whip?

5Morrigan's Starter Spells Empty Re: Morrigan's Starter Spells 01/01/15, 03:31 pm

WitchAssassin

WitchAssassin
D-Tier
D-Tier

I actually thought that it would fall under the immobilization category, but fixed that now. Added whip thickness.

Made the scale duration 2 post and extended cooldown to 3 posts accordingly. Or would i actually have to make it sustained at the pay for each new post it is active?

6Morrigan's Starter Spells Empty Re: Morrigan's Starter Spells 01/01/15, 03:47 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

:D You would have to make it sustained and pay for it each post, exactly as you said ^_^.

7Morrigan's Starter Spells Empty Re: Morrigan's Starter Spells 01/01/15, 03:54 pm

WitchAssassin

WitchAssassin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Changed duration to sustained and added the sustain cost next to he base one.

8Morrigan's Starter Spells Empty Re: Morrigan's Starter Spells 01/01/15, 04:05 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Alright, this should be enough back and forthing to get you more familiar with the rules for now. I'm making the rest of the required changes for you, and I'll be explaining them as well ^_^:

Sustaining:
When you sustain a spell, the duration should say "Sustained" and you should show the magoi consumption of it in the 'cost'. Your first ability had a 2 post duration. So durations can be either "Instant", "1 Post" or "Sustained". Since it was more than 1 post, I changed it to sustained. Also, for cooldowns, you will have your normal cooldown listed: for D-Tier it is '2 posts'. If you only use it in 1 post and don't sustain it, then its cooldown is simply 2 posts. Then you also add in a 'or sustain+1'. If you use it for more than 1 post, once you stop using it it goes off of that 'or sustain+1' cooldown.

Ranges:
As opposed to Melee users, Magicians must list the range of most of their spells because, most of the time, they are projectiles. Things like hand-held whips or scales on the body would not have a range.

If you are okay with these edits, post as much and they should be approvable unless Ari catches something I missed:

Code:
Cost: 10|5 magoi
Cool-Down: 2 posts or sustained+1
Description: Morrigan creates five spears made out of dark red poison. The spears are 2.5 meters in length and have a diameter of 2 cm. She can launch each of them individually or all at the same time at a speed of 10 m/s. The spears have a maximum range of 10 meters and do D tier damage by piercing and melting skin. This may be sustained in order to fire out another set of spears in a subsequent post.

Range: 10 meters
Description: Morrigan conjures up a blob of poison, with a diameter of 2 meters. The poison is translucent with a green tint to it and it takes the shape of a tear. She can the launch the tear at any target, it travels at a speed of 10 m/s and has a range of 10 meters. It splashes against its target and poisons it, causing stinging pain in the body, doubled reaction time and halved ability speed for two posts.

Cost: 10/5 magoi
Description: Morrigan covers her body in a special poison, both yellow and green in color. The yellow poison is only toxic if it is digested and it serves as a base, a defensive crust that protects Morrigan's skin from the green poison and rests on top and can be absorbed through the skin. The poison takes the shape of scales and protects Morrigan from damage as well as damaging enemies who directly touch the scales. The scales cause D tier damage on contact.

Description: Morrigan creates black poison that takes the shape of a feather, about 2 meters in size and then launches it at her enemy. It travels at 10 m/s and can cover a distance of 10 meters. The poison numbs one limb for two posts, reducing the target's speed by 5 m/s.

Range: Close
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: Morrigan creates a whip of dark red venom on the tip of her staff that is 10 meters long and 2 cm thick. It travels at 15 m/s and inflicts C tier damage, cutting and melting flesh.

9Morrigan's Starter Spells Empty Re: Morrigan's Starter Spells 01/01/15, 04:34 pm

WitchAssassin

WitchAssassin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Wait.... why is the first spell sustained?

Oh... i put it like that. That was a mistake, no it's supposed to be one post, not 2.

Ugh. Sorry, will edit that to look as it's supposed to.

10Morrigan's Starter Spells Empty Re: Morrigan's Starter Spells 01/01/15, 04:43 pm

WitchAssassin

WitchAssassin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Ok i think i edited now as it should be. This just became a big mess cause i didn't pay attention to what i was editing.

One more question though, what symbol do you use to separate base and sustain cost? I use lower case "L" but i don't think it looks the same. And oh, could i make the whip sustained too? To continue attacking with it the next post?

And if yes what would the cooldown be, sustained + 2?

11Morrigan's Starter Spells Empty Re: Morrigan's Starter Spells 01/01/15, 05:43 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I use the 'shift'+'\' button, which gives you this: |

I have made the requested edits. As an fyi, at D-Tier you will only be able to use your C-Tier ability 1 time in a post. You must wait until C-Tier to be able to sustain it.

Code:
Cost: 10|5 magoi
Duration: 1 post
Description: Morrigan creates five spears made out of dark red poison. The spears are 2.5 meters in length and have a diameter of 2 cm. She can launch each of them individually or all at the same time at a speed of 10 m/s. The spears have a maximum range of 10 meters and do D tier damage by piercing and melting skin.

Cost: 10/5 magoi

Description: Morrigan creates black poison that takes the shape of a feather, about 2 meters in size and then launches it at her enemy. It travels at 10 m/s and can cover a distance of 10 meters. The poison numbs one limb for two posts, reducing the target's speed by 5 m/s.

Range: Close
Cool-Down: 3 posts or Sustained+1
Description: Morrigan creates a whip of dark red venom on the tip of her staff that is 10 meters long and 2 cm thick. It travels at 15 m/s and inflicts C tier damage, cutting and melting flesh.

12Morrigan's Starter Spells Empty Re: Morrigan's Starter Spells 01/01/15, 05:50 pm

WitchAssassin

WitchAssassin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Thaaaaaaaaaaaanks.

And oh right, D ranks can only sustain D level stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum