2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Raym [Main] Empty Raym [Main] 21/07/22, 03:54 pm

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

“Erm, mister, can you hear me?”

After a lifetime and one moment, Angelus would awaken into blinding white. For white were the clouds drifting above and the beach around him, as if the world was bleached of all colour. It seemed even the ocean rolling towards the horizon was more white than blue, foam masking the salt-scented waves underneath. The sea-creatures were bleached white as well, with the whales and sharks swimming around ten times larger than normal and covered in bone-white feathers. If he looked past the ocean, however, a tower of green and brown foliage stood in stark contrast to the white world around itself. No, it was not a tower, was it? It could not be anything else but a tree. It was a massive tree in the middle of the ocean that seemed a hundred times taller than any building Angelus might have seen around Reim or Heliohapt.

“Ah, are you surprised?" A voice came from Angelus' hand, static distorting Jiryu's words somewhat. “I can’t quite tell from here but, since this is your first time in a dungeon, I imagine you would be." Even as he spoke, Jiryu’s voice faded in and out of hearing, as though someone else was turning the volume down. “Hmm, I am afraid that Raym has not allowed me inside, so I can’t help you as much as I would like, but it seems that your light allows us to communicate even whilst separated. I think that I’ll stop talking for now, however, since I’ve been rambling for some time, and I assume that you have other things to worry about than me.

As his voice faded away, Jiryu would leave Angelus alone - and stranded. He was stranded on this desert island, white sand and foam his only companions, but his destination was clear. As the ocean was moving towards the verdant middle, and the islands upon its surface were white and empty, that massive tree seemed the only place to which he could travel. But how could he get there?

You have now entered the interior of Raym, where most of the Dungeon will take place. You are situated on a circular island around twenty metres in diameter filled with nothing but white sand. There are other islands of similar or larger sizes scattered around the ocean around fifty metres from one another, while sea-creatures and broken rafts float between them. Your objective seems to be making your way towards the tree around one kilometre and a half away. You may ask Jiryu for help one per post by touching the brand on your hand, opening communications and potential help between the two.

Sea-Creatures:

2Raym [Main] Empty Re: Raym [Main] 26/11/22, 10:36 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was an eerie pitch black. It lasted what felt like an eternity, though at the same time, a mere moment. How could that be? It perhaps was not wise to dawdle on the peculiarity of that, but rather, open one's eyes, to the great expanse that they were now placed within. Ah, yes, that is right, this was a dungeon? An old world he had never been capable of lying his eyes on until now.

Angelus' stoic mind began to piece together once more now whilst his senses returned to his body, bringing him to a familiar scene of where he had been born and raised. Ah, so here was finally where his treacherous journey was to commence, on the shores of this deserted isle. Upon this lonely isle, he was to wake, his white eyes meeting the blinding white of this new world. How beautiful, but, what was as pure as white, never failed to be but a mere farce. It was never so pure as picturesque.

In his ear, the voice of Jiryu rang. Ah, that Magi who kept the secret of this dungeon from him, yeah? Welp, ought to hear what this dope may have to say. However, the soldier was rather poised, firm that he will not require the help of that oriental traveler. Yet, the man knew to try not to just dismiss him either.

In the end, Angelus could very well be false within his judgment and ego. It could happen, but here, the noble soldier would embrace the light and what fate has waiting for him. It is part of fate's plan, no? If he was truly destined, then he ought to merely do his very best. It also meant though not disregarding this man who hid this world from him.

Angelus: "Ah.. I hear you, Jiryu. I have to tell you though, of course, this view does surprise me. I mean, do you know one person that would not be? It stuns me, this tree that stands before me. It must reach past the clouds. It will be quite a long trek. I hope you break out your biscuits and tea, oh Magi. If you can, tell Nerilla I will be gone for some time. Understood mister 'I forgot to mention this to you' ?"

A foaming white wash of water came up to his boots, whilst the pure white clouds rolled over the skies. Angelus' eyes were to fixate unto the tall tree before him, his dark gaze full of will. How else could this candidate of light progress other than by air? It was crystal clear to the man that he must fly, but by what means? Hm, Angelus pondered upon this for but a moment, before the obvious donned on him.

In front of him, on this white shore, the man was to open his palm, before then feeding his gauntlet magoi. In but a flash of an eye, the wind began to swirl, forming clouds of white from the air. Its shape was to be that of a snow white eagle. It floated before Angelus now, prepared to be ridden by his majesty.

Its milky snow color blended with the white sand and white clouds. However, Angelus' geared self was more than colorful enough to see whilst the eagle started to flap their wings, bursting forth towards the tree that waited to meet the candidate. Angelus' eyes would be keen on both the sea and wind, ensuring that nobody or nothing could halt his ascent.

Under the flying eagle laid ruined rafts, sea monsters, and other minor isles. Any person who could not fly was likely devoured whole by the beasts that ravaged these waters, what a tragic fate, truly. Angelus could not help but stare solemnly down below him.

Magoi: 330

Function Used:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Food:

Shards of Solomon:

3Raym [Main] Empty Re: Raym [Main] 08/12/22, 01:02 pm

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Angelus had dismissed both land and sea routes, turning towards the skies instead. It seemed much safer in the low-hanging clouds than the waters down below, but Angelus had underestimated Raym. As he looked towards the bone-white creatures, he might notice that their feathers were filled with bright circles, like eyes staring back. If he looked even closer, however, he would notice that these feathers were glowing brighter and brighter until…

BOOM!

In one short moment, all the clouds around him had burst like bubbles, water droplets falling onto his snow-white hair. His vision dulled, Angelus would realise soon enough that something dangerous had erupted from those feathers, dangerous enough to vaporise clouds. With the feathers glowing brighter once more, it was evident that another eruption was being prepared - and he had little time to prepare himself. As he considered his actions, however, Angelus would be interrupted by another transmission from Jiryu:

“I know that you are rather busy and all, mister, but I have urgent news. Raym has begun closing all the entrances into the central structure. I have found three entrances which have remained open, but these will likely close without delay. I am unsure what lies beyond each entrance but, if we are being honest, anything would be better than your current predicament, would it not? I will say that myself and miss Nerilla are having a much better time here. Ah, she asked me to pass on that ‘she hopes she can drink tea with you when you get back’! Now then, good luck!”

You are being targeted by both Behemoth Wozona and Behemoth Poron! Each are preparing an A Tier pierce magic laser that will launch towards you in a straight vertical line next post. If you survive that, you will notice that three entrances into the tree-like central structure have become circled with a bluish beacon.

The entrance on your right seems to be wet and dimly-lit, the central one is illuminated with direct sunlight, and the left entrance has sharp thorns jutting outwards. You must make your choice for which one you will head towards this post, otherwise the entrances might close before you arrive!

4Raym [Main] Empty Re: Raym [Main] 19/02/23, 06:54 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

In this azure sky, he floated by, his ascent easy, until below him, a beast from under his eagle was to erupt with light potent enough to vaporize his being. Oh-!? how foolish could he be not to foresee this? Hm, wait, no, how could anyone even predict this obscure explosion of light when one was so far from those beasts?

It was folly though for him to even feel an ounce of peace whilst he felt the wind blow upon his person. Angelus clenched his teeth before then promptly reacting to this explosion, but could he be even quick enough? It was hard to tell, though he was to surely give this his very best try. It was do or die here.

BOOM!

Ah- he tried, but, he could only react so fast. In the moment that followed the burst, droplets of rain was to entirely dampen his hair, close to wet, though not quite. Hmm, the man pondered; It was now more than clear he could not exactly match the pace of light, of course, but what now? In the time he took to ponder upon his next actions, the actions that could mean life or death, the chiming voice of that two faced oriental was to bug Angelus once more.

Eh- perhaps payback for before, huh? Either way, the soldier was to keenly listen to Jiryu, placing his trust unto the man. If he tuned him out, he may very well lose out on the valuable knowledge to overcome this dungeon. Yet, though he was to listen to Jiryu, what the man was to say was to irk him, for the very fact that this damned Magi was very likely having tea with Nerilla. Yup, whilst he was here risking his own life, they were having chats and tea, perfect.

Angelus: "Pf- tea, huh? I hope you burn your lips, Jiryu."

Alas now, the voice of the Magi was out of his ears. It is time to make his choice. Hmph, well now, clearly the best optimal path was that one, the one lit up by the sun. In spite of that though, what was this eerie, even ominous feeling that came over the man? Oh- yeah, there were beams of light coming right for him, that must be why. In time for the laser that burst right for him, the soldier was to grapple his mirror shield, so he may protect his person from this ray of death.

In part cause of the necessity to defend his body from harm, the man could not exactly choose where to land thereafter once the laser hit, so that entrance perfectly lit by the sun was to not be part of the cards of fate for him. In a tumble, and a roll, the soldier was to find himself now wedged within the thick of thorns and bristle. Oh, just great. It was the least favorable of the entrances for him to have landed within, but death by lasers was even less favorable. A long sigh escaped his black painted lips. It was rather painful, you know? having sharp spines lunged within your back.

Angelus: "Tsk.. Agh, what a pain.."

In response to his fall he said, standing up.

Magoi: 325

Function Used:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Food:

Shards of Solomon:

5Raym [Main] Empty Re: Raym [Main] 05/03/23, 07:32 pm

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Burnt from Behemoths Wozona and Poron, Angelus crash-landed into the thorny undergrowth of Raym’s necropolis. When he removed himself from the bramble-like thorns, he would find himself bleeding and bloodied. If he started to walk onwards, however, Angelus’s body would begin pulsating in pain as if someone had held a white-hot torch onto his wounds. Examining himself, he might notice that purple bruises were spreading from where the thorns had cut into his skin:

“I hope that you are alright, mister? After our conversation ended, my hand started to feel like it was burning! Make sure that you - Ah, miss Nerilla informed me that she will ‘kick your arse’ if you do not come back in one piece… Well, it seems I might need to stop her from doing anything rash, so farewell for now!”

If he looked around himself, Angelus would realise that he was surrounded with dense and bristled forest. On both sides were wooden walls made from intertwined branches, thorns jutting outwards in all directions. Every lichened bough and branch and twig was lined with sharp thorns, pushing Angelus further upwards along Raym’s necropolis. If he dared to glance backwards, however, Angelus would realise that the entrance had sealed itself closed with tendrils of rose-covered vines, forcing him to progress onwards.

“Hello there?” As he continued forwards, Angelus would hear a soft but sure voice sounding from behind the wooden wall on his right side. “Are you another challenger?” Whether he chose to answer or not, Angelus could tell that the feminine voice was growing louder as he progressed upwards, coinciding with the appearance of a thorn-lined exit at the very top of his path.

You have suffered two instances of B Tier burns on your right arm and left shoulder, since the Standing Mirror reduced the damage from the Behemoths’ lasers by one B Tier each. You have also received D Tier damage on your back from the thorny undergrowth and the thorn’s poison has entered your system. You will now receive D Tier internal damage each post! Remember that you can contact Jiryu for help once per post through the star-shaped brand!

It is your choice whether you answer the voice from the other side, but you can see an exit at the very end of the path. Nothing can be seen beyond this point, since a mysterious green-lit fog sprawls behind it, seperated from your path like snow behind a glass window. Choose your actions wisely!

6Raym [Main] Empty Re: Raym [Main] 30/05/23, 01:03 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It left him rather bruised. It stung his tan skin, badly. In no time, his sandy brown color came to be a dark purple where those damned thorns bit him.

In a fresh puddle of his own blood, he could not help but groan, but he was to try to shut his mouth. If the soldier could not keep quiet, then certainly, he were to end up chow for the beasts that guarded this world tree.

Angelus: "Tsk- Jiryu wait.. tell me what you know.. It was a close call- I rather not risk Nerilla beating on me- have you been hit by fanalis' fists before, Jiryu? I doubt you have."

In haste the soldier was to say. Angelus fed his necklace magoi, his beat body being healed by the grace of magic. Yet, though he was to heal his person, and promptly then ask for help from Jiryu, the man had to be weary of what came next.

In his thorn-lined path toward the very end of this bristled forested undergrowth, a feminine voice was to detect his presence. Angelus could not help but fret, but the man was not to meet this voice without proper precaution first.

In wherever he could best veil a hand made of pure white cloud, the man was to prepare, either to be deceived or enter a risqué fight.

Angelus: "..."

It was clear he did not want to be detected.

Magoi: 305

Functions Used & Sustained:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Food:

Shards of Solomon:

7Raym [Main] Empty Re: Raym [Main] 17/06/23, 06:53 pm

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

“Ah, sorry, did I forget to sever the spell’s connection?” Surprise evident in his voice, as if he was unsure how Angelus had continued talking, Jiryu responded with slight hesitation, “Oh, so you wished to learn more about Raym! I’m afraid that I know little about the interior. You see, Raym has prevented me from entering with any other candidates. All of my information thus far has required me to remote-cast spells from your location, allowing me to perform reconnaissance on your behalf.”

“I understand that you seem to be keeping your voice down, but I do not sense any dungeon creatures nearby. Have you perchance encountered - Ah, you have.” If hesitation had coloured his voice before, Jiryu now spoke with caution and seeming hostility, “Do not allow that woman to find you.” Static began to break his voice into muffled sound, “That woman..” crssh “a mistake…” crssh “mole for…” crssh “planted by…” crssh “the Senate…” crssh “and the Council…” crssh “Raym…” crssh “Damn, I’m losing the connection!”

“Avoid her at all costs!

With his connection to Jiryu now severed, Angelus found himself stranded within Raym. Even if he wished to avoid this woman, there was but one exit available, hence he could only choose one course of action - namely pass through the fog barrier. If he did indeed pass through the green-lit fog, Angelus would watch it fade away into the alien-like world of Raym’s necropolis. His surroundings would become coloured with a dusky monochrome, as if saturated with ash and smoke, colouring the entire necropolis all the way into the distance. As he looked closer, grey volcanic rocks came into view, piled high on every side and decorated with dull-toned moss. If he looked towards the peak of each pile, however, Angelus would find something truly alien. A sphere of green light was nestled atop each pile like the egg of some luminescent bird, pulsating with unsteady rhythm. Rock and debris fell from the piles with every pulse, rocking the ground beneath his feet.

As he looked around this alien-like world, however, Angelus would notice that he was alone within Raym’s necropolis. He could find no trace of dungeon creatures nor the woman who had spoken earlier, but the exit out of this area was clear as daylight. Around one hundred metres above him was a massive tear in the artificial ceilingt, shining as bright as the morning sun. But how could he reach it?

Your right arm and left shoulder are still aching from their burns, but you quickly realise that there seems to be no permanent damage here. You feel your stomach churning from the thorn’s poison, however, and have received D Tier internal damage. You cannot contact Jiryu for help through the star-shaped brand this post!

It is your choice how you reach the tear into Raym’s chamber, but you are quick to realise that there must be many secrets within this unusual necropolis. When you post, however, please use the coin flip function!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum