Raym [Gate]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Raym [Gate] Empty Raym [Gate] 12/05/22, 08:50 pm

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Red filled the Portsmouth dockyards. At the sailor’s fight-rings, it was the red of blood that paid for games and gambling. Red were the street-markets coloured with merchants’ spices, fiery and expensive to import from foreign lands. For the senators, they covered themselves in red-coloured togas with great pride, even as the summer sun made them sweat and mutter in discomfort. Red was truly the colour of Portsmouth.

But they say as above, so below, do they not?

“I can’t believe this…” Red was also the colour of the waters in Portsmouth’s underground cistern. “I raised this but a week ago...” He had come here thinking that Raym must have been claimed, but Jiryu was left speechless when he returned to Portsmouth. Where he had raised his dungeon, there were bodies bleeding red into the waters. He was seized with shivers, despite the heatwave outside, and his legs collapsed from beneath him. As words failed him, all he could think was that he had never seen so much red.

Wherever he was currently, be it road or garrison, Angelus would hear a familiar voice within his head. I can’t believe this. For someone as astute as himself, it would not take long for him to realise that the voice was Jiryu’s own. At the same time, however, his body would be racked with shivers and a cold sweat despite the summer heat. As the shivers intensified, Angelus would feel a burning sensation on his hand and see the scar from his first encounter with Jiryu was widening further. Where it had been a small mark on his palm, it was now reaching the wrist as well.

But as the scar widened, Angelus could visualise light emerging from within his hand. Soon the scar ceased widening, and the light had solidified into some sort of golden string extending into the distance. Hey, you alright there? If he asked someone else about the light, however, it became clear that this golden string was visible to Angelus alone. Don’t mind him, he’s just daydreaming as always! But it did not seem like a dream at all. It felt real and tangible, drawing him towards somewhere else. Indeed, had he not felt this before?

If he decided to follow the light, Angelus would be guided towards bustling Portsmouth. Where taverns and dock-yards did not engross the shore, rich vineyards extended the Reiman harbour-town into green and verdant countryside. Here were the markets with sun-soaked goods, and merchants selling them for cut-throat prices, but Angelus would not remain here for long. Nay, he was not meant to remain where the sun could caress his face, for the golden string pointed below the ground.

Into the veins of Portsmouth’s waterways.

And so, descending into Reim's subterranean aqueducts, Angelus would find himself guided towards Portsmouth's main cistern. Whether he had infiltrated the aqueducts, or asked permission from Portsmouth's governor, it would not take long for him to reach this place, for all routes below ground led there. As he arrived, however, he would be met with a sorry sight.

“Ah, mister, what might you be doing here?” As he approached the bottom level of the cistern, Angelus would be met with jokes from a tired-looking Jiryu. His hair was matted, his face wet with sweat, and he crouched down on a broken pillar. He looked an absolute mess.

Underground Cistern:

2Raym [Gate] Empty Re: Raym [Gate] 17/05/22, 01:56 am

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Upon the road leading to Portsmouth, the soldier was to lay atop the carriage that toted him and his entourage. It was a city that the man was more accustomed to, compared to the drag of a capital that Reim had. It was to be a lie though to say that the soldier had not cozied up to that dreary city where blood drawn from the gladiators was celebrated. However, the man had come a far way since then. Angelus never did enjoy that fanfare of a literal blood sport, but that was just merely Angelus' opinion, his sole opinion, nobody else but his.

A rather pleasant day this was, so the soldier decided to bask within the bright morning sunshine, enjoying himself. Under the roof of the carriage where the stoic chairman laid, receiving a tan, his dear fanalis friend was to call out from the window of the carriage that the lovely city of Portsmouth was just up ahead now! Nerilla was to jolt her head out from the carriage window, eager to see the view of the red colored sunnyside city. Angelus' hair wove beautifully within the summer wind. Unto the roads of Portsmouth his carriage went, garnering the hoots and hollers of citizens.

At that moment, the ranger friend of Angelus was to call for the halt of the carriage, but why? Ah, well, Angelus did not try to think much of her request, so he was to have the chauffeur come to a halt. It was to be then that Angelus was to realize what Nerilla had wished to stop then for. In a tight ginnel passage running through the red decorated storefronts was to lie three kittens, without their mother. Angelus was to lightly roll his eyes, before placing his cheek unto his enclosed right fist. Nerilla was to spend her sweet time with the kittens, proceeding to go to the market while she begged Angelus to wait for her meanwhile she went to grab the kittens food and milk. A kind person she was, but Angelus had other things to do, but he supposed he had time to spare.. Until..

Jiryu: "I can’t believe this."

It was then that, Angelus was to be overcome with shivers, a cold sweat, despite the summer heat that radiated down unto Portsmouth violently that morning. A familiar voice rung within his ears.

Angelus: "Huh.. !? Jiryu? Ah, the mark.. !"

It was to burn, the mark he had received from his first fated encounter with that man, Jiryu. It had only been a small mark on his palm, but now, the mark had begun to creep up as far as his wrist. Yet, how could this be? Angelus did know that the mark was some sort of reaction to the seal that he and Jiryu made, but what did this mean now? It must mean something. Others that were near him, his entourage, were to comment regarding his sudden behavior but nobody could quite see what he saw, so.. Anyhow, what his entourage had to say did not matter. It seemed that the mark etched deep unto his hand and now wrist was to now halt, alas, but now.. the mark had begun to emanate a light, a string of gold!

Angelus: "Am I the only person who can see this.. ? I must be. It is clear now. Jiryu, you must be near. I shall find you."

Angelus' fame had soared to unprecedented heights. However, this, nor being chairman, felt like enough. An unsatiated craving to fly over the heavens existed deep within the man, and that desire could not be satiated until he could realize his dream. An unmatched Emperor of the light of fate who guides his destined people to prosperity; Angelus fervently yearned for that, what he believed to be his promised destiny. It is now that Angelus must pierce the clouds of fate, stand mighty over his subjects, reign over his foes, and lead with divine right. It was time. Angelus was to break open his path towards the underground cistern, being guided by the string of light that led him to the depths of this city.

Upon coming to the underground cistern, his elegant person was to step lightly, not to startle the distressed figure. However, the wiseman was not to get off scotfree from this ordeal. In the pool of crimson blood was to draw near the red coated soldier, his arm equipt with a gift of the heavens, and his lips painted a dark charcoal black. As he was to near the oriental traveler, his beautiful earrings were to jingle, echoing throughout the red cistern. Angelus' baleful gaze was to fixate unto the Magi, Jiryu. It could be felt from an absurd distance, Angelus' stare which pierced the hearts of man. In jest, the man was to soften his face, before retorting to the Magi with:

Angelus: "Hm, just was on a stroll. Pardon me Jiryu, I had got lost. I reckon you do not mind coming on a walk with me, my friend?"

Upon coming to the end of his remark, he was to begin whispering gently, but up to the right ear of Jiryu, meanwhile, his hand was to press unto his shoulder. If the Magi who behind his wise facade were to lay his sight unto the soldier, he was to see the seriousness within Angelus' stoically cold face. It was obvious that Angelus was upset that he had not been told of this dungeon, but rather, the oriental wiseman seemingly had begun to dismiss the notion of the undeniable rising star being given the opportunity to challenge a dungeon. Ah, what a shame. Angelus was to put an end to this brutal torture though for Jiryu, cause now he, the man who knew himself King of light, was to enter this perilous dungeon.

Angelus: "Jiryu, I hope I am not mistaken to think you had wished to hide this dungeon from I, Angelus? Hm?"

Inquired the menacing chairman, his right hand touching and rising the chin of Jiryu who was clearly quite distressed. It was only at the behest of a minister of Portsmouth that the soldier had been called unto the city, but for matters that were military related. If not for that, he could have very well never found out of this dungeon, and yes, he knew this to be that of a dungeon. Angelus was no fool, but why would he, Jiryu, be here, distressed over a mere pool of red. Hm, Angelus could only believe this to be a strange series of murders, or, that of a dungeon. Inclined to believe the latter, the chairman was to say this:

Angelus: "Hm.. Jiryu, lead me on this walk, I will take care of whatever may come our way. I cannot let the waters of beautiful Portsmouth be drenched red, can I now, my friend?"

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Food:

Shards of Solomon:

3Raym [Gate] Empty Re: Raym [Gate] 22/05/22, 08:40 pm

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Ambient Music:

He might have spoken in sweet whispers, but Angelus’ voice echoed all around the red-stained cistern. After all, there was no-one else with him but Jiryu, so his words could bounce from wall to wall without end. As his voice stirred the stagnant waters, however, Jiryu became more and more tense. It was hard enough that he had seen the reserves filled with these reddened bodies, but Angelus was making him wonder whether he would join them soon.

“No, no, I wouldn't hide anything from you, mister!” He might have been rather shaken, even more so from Angelus’ caress, but Jiryu was skilled enough that he did not show his true hand in spite of that. “I raised this one some time ago, and I must admit that it slipped my mind.” He had been in situations worse than this one, faced with threats and violence, and ensured his trump stayed hidden up his sleeves. “But I’m more surprised about this light here.” He could not allow Angelus to see this one card at all, lest their relations soured further.

Uncertain about Angelus’ intentions, however, Jiryu ensured that he followed his orders and began leading him further into Portsmouth’s underground. His legs were shaking, from nerves and exhaustion, but he continued walking down the water-soaked pathways. At least, he had assumed as such until Jiryu saw how the stone was discoloured with foul-smelling patches. “It would be best that we avoid those puddles, wouldn’t you agree, mister…” His shoes now fouled, he continued to lead Angelus down the urine-soaked tunnels, following the red bleeding into Portsmouth’s waters.

In time, the tunnels opened into a vast underground space. As he was familiar with Reiman shrines, Angelus could recognise this space as an ancient Reiman temple-complex. On every side were columns adorned with unlit braziers, ash and dust where fires for the dead had once blazed. As they walked inside, he would catch sight of statues hiding within darkened alcoves, fashioned after past Reiman emperors. Indeed, he might be familiar with the faces of Scipio and Milian Augustus leering down from on high.

When he looked past them, Angelus would notice that the blood-red trail was flowing outwards from a reflection pool at the centre. It was dark within this underground space, even with the golden string, but both of them could tell that the waters should not have been so pitch-black. If they moved closer, however, something brighter than Angelus’ hand would begin shining beneath the waters. As it glowed brighter and brighter still, Angelus would soon realise what had made the reflection pool seem so dark and black:

Body upon body were piled on top of one another, like wet hair clogging a drain.

Shrine Layout:

4Raym [Gate] Empty Re: Raym [Gate] 22/06/22, 07:28 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

In this underground cistern, where none other than Jiryu and him existed, standing here with beating hearts, the tense Magi were to come up with blatant and obvious excuses. However, alas, that was okay. Angelus, despite hoping this man could lend his loyalty, was believing that there existed a path other than what Jiryu presented him. It was by his own fate that he, the rising star of Reim, had been led here, to this utter crime scene. Yet, regardless of the tense situation between Jiryu and him, the man wished to foster greater ties nonetheless with this Magi, for he was one of the guides of fate.

Angelus did still have a shred of hope within him though that Jiryu could truly prove his support for him. Angelus' dream relied on the support of this Magi. Even with how merciless his schemes may be, his dream required the support of the man, by choice, or by force. Angelus recognized that this bond that had been made was sealed, with perhaps nothing Jiryu could do to rid of this tie. It was yet to be seen whether that was for the better or for the worse, but Angelus regardless was to carve open his destined path unto fate.

Angelus: "Hmph, well, this is the waterways, so,"

Mumbled lightly the decorously poised soldier, ensuring he did not step within those piss colored puddles. Angelus was to descend further down with Jiryu, following the menacing tail of blood that painted the waters of the cistern depths. If the tunnels led this far, then just how bad must the death count of people be? Huh, could this truly be?

A dungeon that was this treacherous, to bleed out endless rivers of crimson red? How could this be, Angelus pondered. It was one to think that a few died, but by how extensive the tunnels of the waterways were, this must truly be a dire situation. Angelus' concerns were to be only soon be elevated upon reaching the ends of the tunnels.

It led him and the dear Magi to that of an ancient Reiman temple complex, where the statues of Emperors from ages past stood, witnessing the horror of what lay at the bottom of the reflective pool. Angelus, upon coming closer to the pool, was to be perhaps, well, stunned, to say the least. It had been worse than what he had first thought.

It was then that, Angelus was to glance towards the stressed Jiryu, with bewildered eyes. It was to be obvious to the Magi that this far exceeded what Angelus had expected. However, within a heartbeat, he was to then see the utter resolve from the man wash over him, when he was to clench his fist, and begin to dive.

Angelus: "Oi, lest us not sit here idle, Jiryu. It is clear what must be done. It is now a clear threat to my nation. I wish to see no other brave men die by the clutches of this dungeon, my friend. Yknow, do not think of me as totally selfish now, cause first and foremost, this must be cleared. I believe me conquering this comes second. Anyhow, clear the path for me, I hate seeing unnecessary death. I know you have seen my scheming, but do know, I do that for the health of my nation- with that being said, let us begin.."

Angelus' earrings jingled per step he made closer to the dark red painted pool. If the Magi was to clear the path, then the soldier was to begin to venture forth, to clear this dungeon for Reim, his beloved nation. In his top of the line gear, and his red woven coat, the man was to dive! It began with him, drenching and soaking his muscled body within the red blood of his people, the path to his kingship.

How may he fair within the depths of the dungeon, the one responsible for countless deaths, the one that has made the very Magi who rose said dungeon quake with fear? It was yet to be known, but Angelus' resolve was unlike no other. Angelus' ego carried him, but his radical dream propelled him. It was time for Angelus to join the ranks of kings.

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Food:

Shards of Solomon:

5Raym [Gate] Empty Re: Raym [Gate] 04/07/22, 10:50 am

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Thematic Music:

As soon as Angelus dove into the blood-soaked waters, Jiryu was taken aback that he would dirty himself in such polluted waters. As he looked towards the Augustan statues, it seemed as though the Reiman emperors were nodding in approval. It was a soldier’s duty to put the lives of others above their own, was it not? With that thought, however, Jiryu wondered whether he was acting upon his duty as a Magi. After all, he had tried to prevent others from entering this dungeon, but he had failed to prevent his own candidate from entering. Left deep in thought, Jiryu could only watch whilst Angelus dove into the blood-soaked waters, his mind decided about this matter.

Blood seeping into his hair and skin, painting them Reiman red, Angelus would find his path blocked with bodies scattered about the passage. As he continued downwards, and the light beneath became brighter, Angelus would realise just how many bodies were floating around there. They had been piled atop one another at the surface like some sacrificial meal, but here the bodies were scattered about just as dregs at the bottom of a wine-bottle. As he continued downwards, pushing past the bodies of failed candidates, the waters became thicker and harder to move through, coagulated with reddish colours. If he stared long and hard, however, Angelus would notice golden light had saturated the blood-red with directions to his objective. As he continued downwards, struggling against the heavy waters, Angelus would soon realise that this light was coming from Raym’s gate, half-buried at the bottom of this passage.

“Another fancies himself a king?”

A man’s voice boomed throughout the blood-soaked waters, echoing from the gate itself. “Know well that these men have all failed thus far, Magi.” The bodies around the passage curled and shuddered with each word from this voice. “I doubt this candidate of yours will succeed either, but why not humour me?” As the voice continued, the waters began twisting and turning in response. “Let us see if Raym considers him worthy of Solomon’s power.”

As if they recognised his name, the gate opened wide and began drawing the waters inside, dragging Angelus alongside them. It did not matter whether he struggled or not, for the gate was much stronger, and soon he was being swallowed as well. Just before he entered the gate, however, Angelus would feel a heavy thud across his head. If he tried to look behind himself, he would notice a body floating past with a grin eerily similar to his old enemy Cornelius’...

…before it all faded to black.

6Raym [Gate] Empty Re: Raym [Gate] 04/07/22, 04:30 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

In this crimson water painted with the blood of his people, the horror of what he had just done washed over his person. Yet, regardless of how far he must sink beneath the reflection of the red drenched pool, he was to persevere, for he could not allow any more lives to be lost for naught. It must be done. Angelus had to conquer the dungeon, for this is where fate had led him to.

Upon halving delved within those sickening waters, he were to realize that the Magi, Jiryu, was not clearing the submerged path to the gate. Hm, well, Angelus must rely on his oneself now then, for the Magi refused to cast a spell to open the waters.

Under the corpses of brave men who came before him, the light to the gate began to shine forth from behind the dead that buried the path to kingship. It was heavy, the waters, but he had to reach further past the corpses, so he could grasp the light that called out to him. It was then that, a voice of a man echoed out from the buried gate, reverberating the pool of the dead. Angelus' eyes widened.

Is that coming from the dungeon? Angelus was to clench his fist tight, and swim farther. However, before soon, the pool of blood began to twist violently, and turn, grasping Angelus whom was to begin to be swallowed by the gate that radiated bright behind the bodies of the dead.

Yet, before his person was devoured whole by the gate, there was to be a particular corpse with an eerie grin that was to float past him. Angelus knew that face. It must have been none other than the grin of Cornelius, the father of Angelus' wife, and the dreadful man that he, the soldier, had slain.

However, why did he see that grin here? It puzzled the soldier but he was to try not to be fazed. It must be his mind playing tricks on him. Angelus cared not for the man, nor the grin that had just floated past him. It did not matter to him Angelus convinced himself, refocusing on the bright light that had begun to consume him, before then, pitch black.

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Food:

Shards of Solomon:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum