You are not connected. Please login or register

Arsham Zubayr - Hey! Something Touched My Foot! [Job;Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arsham Zubayr

Arsham Zubayr
C-Tier
C-Tier

After a good night of sleep from all the work and training, I'm like a fresh new man! Today is going to be a good day! I walk to the job board and look for something nice to do. Something calm with be nice!

~ Hmm... Catch of the day? ~

This poster doesn't say much in it, only "Catch of the Day! Talk to the Dockmaster for more info". It looks like a fishing job, so I think it might be nice. I walk to the Docks and start looking for Mr. Medina.

100/500 Words

Arsham Zubayr

Arsham Zubayr
C-Tier
C-Tier

I find Mr. Medina and ask him about the job:

Arsham:
Mr. Medina! Looks like I'm taking another job here! So, can you tell me more about this job? What am I supposed to catch?

Mr. Medina looks at the paper, looks at me and bursts out in laughter!

Mr. Medina:
AHAHAH! Only you for that job, Arsham! Do you want to know what you're supposed to catch in that one? SHARKS! AHAHAH! SHARKS ARSHAM! GO PUT IT BACK WHERE YOU FOUND IT AHAHAH!

Sh-sharks! My me... But... But a true man never backs down from a challenge!

Arsham:
Mr. Medina... Lend me a boat... Where do these sharks hang out?

274/500 Words

Arsham Zubayr

Arsham Zubayr
C-Tier
C-Tier

Mr. Medina was quite reluctant in borrowing me the ship, but I ended up having my way. I kinda regret now, but here I am, riding a boat in the middle of Balbadd's natural Bay, rowing towards the reef barrier, which is on its own dangerous, with the objective of fishing sharks. SHARKS. Reef sharks, to be exact!

~ What the hell am I thinking! This is going to be the end of me, there is no way I can kill THREE REEF SHARKS ON MY OWN! I'm sorry father, I have failed you... ~

I arrived at the place of my final doom, ready to face my destiny.

389/500 Words

Arsham Zubayr

Arsham Zubayr
C-Tier
C-Tier

I''ve finally arrived at the reef where the sharks usually lurk. To be frank, I'm scared out of my mind! A lion or a bear I can deal, they are both on land, but sharks are in the water and swim very fast. They aren't something easy to deal with! To hit them with my weapon, I'll have to go underwater! But, even though I'm a fairly good swimmer, I can't compete with SHARKS!

~ Where the hell are they? They should be somewhere around here... ~

I looked in all directions for a while but I couldn't see any sharks in the vicinity.

~ It's strange, they usually hang around here. Perhaps I should draw there attention? ~

I take some meat Mr. Medina gave me and throw it to the water. Almost immediately, two sharks lunge themselves against it and start competing for it. They where under the ship the whole time! Probably waiting for me to jump into the water... This is bad, it looks like they have some degree of intelligence. And besides that, they were some biiiig fellows... There body had a pinkish color and there skin looked like it had merged with the reef, making it sharp and dangerous. Not a lot of weak points, which means I'll have to hit them pretty hard if I want to kill them... I decide to take one of the boats oars and hit them with it, but it had little effect. They only seemed mad about it! Then, without notice, the third shark jumped out of the water and tried to bite the oar! If I jumped to the boat, the boat would capsize and I would be dead... I'm a goner, how the hell can this beast jump like that? Now, they were starting to circle around the boat and then one of the sharks at each time would pass reeeealy close to the boat, touching it with his skin. The boat started to move a lot and things were looking pretty bad. But, at a time like this, when everything was looking bad and I should be scared, I was extremely focused. But not on the sharks. On my memories! Why did the shark jump? And, if they can jump, why haven't they done it again already? This factor was confusing me... What changed? Why did he do it? Was it because I was attacking the other sharks? Or was it the oar? Maybe... Maybe because I also hit he water? Yes... Maybe that's it! I mean... Sharks have a good underwater ear, they can find other fish using it. Maybe hitting the water caused them pain and they jumped has an instinct to get away from the water? If I can make them jump on purpose... Maybe I can hit them when they're in the air! I wait for one of them to do a pass close to my boat and, when one of them actually does it, I'll hit the water with the wooden oar with my off-hand, while using my main hand to wield my sword. Since it was quite difficult holding and wielding the oar like that, I was only holding it vertically, tilting to make the heavier portion fall and it the water. When one of them passes, I do this and he immediately jumps out of the water, but still following the same trajectory. So, I use Lunge on him, hitting him right on the gills, his weakest spot. The fell down to the water again and started floating. Looks like that was enough. The other ones, reacted also instantly, lunging themselves towards there fallen comrade. I repeated the process and, when they both jumped, I choose one of them and used and cut him twice and the gills. Unfortunately, he fell down but remained pretty alive. Now they where getting aggresive, they started to hit the boat with their head and the boat was rocking a lot! The one I hit looked pretty down, not moving very well and slowly. So, to take him out of his misery, I repeated the same tactic once again and, when he jumped, I stabbed him in the wounded gills a little more deeply. This time, he stopped swimming. But, something bad happened. Has I killed my second shark, the third one jumped and fell in the boat! I almost fell to the water, but I some how managed to hold on. The shark squirmed a lot, trying to get away, but he was stuck. He was biting everything even remotely near him and broke one of the oars. Since I couldn't let him do that, I used Feinte Remise on him. It's funny how easily animals fall to feints like that. I hit him hard in the gill's, there only weakness, but he still wouldn't stop. So, I cut him in the face, to make his move turn direction, and used Doublé on him, cutting his gill wide open. This time, he didn't survive. He pushed his corpse out of the boat and rowed with the remaining oar back to land, where I would stay for quite sometime...

(40 Magoi/Stamina Consumed)

Techniques:

1291/500 Words

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum