Zion
Lagi
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I wanted to make this up so that a pile of questions can converge for staff can discuss with players when given the chance to see and respond to this thread. There seemed to be a lot of things that were brought up in the questions and suggestions.

Please, if you also had faction shop questions different from mine, feel free to share. If this turns out to be very informative, I'd advise against archiving it if we need a reminder or a reference for things that aren't written so clearly in the shop.

As usual, let's keep things civil and try not to turn this into an argument.

Regarding Social
Spoiler:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread CrChE3t

The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The military perks have an insane progression rate. Paying for a bigger army and paying for a better equipped army are two different expenses, but they are rolled in together. This creates an unreasonable situation where you can explosively increase the sheer might of your forces with a disproportionate investment.

Solution - Lower the overall cost(or keep them as they are, I think they are way too low as is) of each rank, then determine the amount of how many you purchase through some kind of multiplier to the price. So for example, you can buy one B-tier soldier for X huang and then for every 100 of them you want, you need to pay an additional amount which is a fraction of the original purchasing cost.

The costs and expenses of gaining new troops would still be somewhat unrealistic since you are still getting hundreds for a fraction of the price to just get one. But at least this way we will see more forces with larger bulks of low rank soldiers and a handful of elites, which makes more sense as something that could reasonably be sustained.

Omega tier armies don't make a lot of sense unless they are special cases made up of monsters. They should honestly be removed. There is no need or positive benefit to scaling armies past A-tier. All it does is create armies full of super humans who can have their heads blown off with A-tier damage but still keep fighting because they have another A-tiers worth of durability.

Not to mention, Omega-tier existences themselves are supposed to be fairly rare in the world. It's very strange that someone can muster 50,000 of them or even a hundred people at that skill/power level who are willing to serve and fight for another.

Solution: Remove Omega-tier armies from the list OR limit the number of Omega troops you can have to a single squad that caps at 5-10 members. I'd lean towards removing them entirely however.

Limitations on how large an army can get would need to be established if the solutions I put forward are enacted. In the current system the size of your army increases directly proportional to the strength of its soldiers. I feel that such limitations would need to follow the opposite approach. The higher ranked the soldiers are, the less of them you are able to maintain.

This makes much more sense and gives players a reason to actually use the lower ranked soldiers as in the current system there is no reason to actually ever purchase them. Any one rich enough to build a faction is inevitably going to be able to afford 100k/200k after all. The only reason you would ever need to buy an army blow A-tier would be if an army were knocking on your door and you needed to quickly buy the best you could afford at that moment. But how realistic is that situation? If the thread where an army is invading has already taken place, it would be too late to buy a better army anyways since your purchase wouldn't even take effect until your next thread.

Solution: This is under the assumption that the changes I suggested were made, but just take the existing values for how many troops there are and then flip them from ascending order to descending order(omega excluded). So you can have a max of 50,000 low tier troops and an elite group of 100 high tier troops(again, assuming there is no omega rank).

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

And someone, whom I wasn't notified was editing this, didn't even follow the template and added things...

Everything that looks like it's actually following the template, is what I wrote. Whatever looks like it doesn't belong, is someone else's work. Thanks for the great staff dynamics, guys! <3

EDIT: My bad. I didn't realize it was posted. I said I would try to finish any loose ends I left, like the dungeon. But I guess that doesn't matter.

Neutral

The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread 001
The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread 002The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread 003

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Not sure if this is being diplomatically correct, but what did the original system consist of for the three groups? Do you have that around? Military at least so Zion could have some clarity of what it could have been?

Lagi's Vault

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I couldn't even tell you what was originally planned. I'm not sure how much was altered and it wasn't even done.

All I know is that it wasn't even done being balanced but it got released any way. I never told anyone not to contact me about anything but I guess everyone involved with this was too afraid to contact me on it. \ o/ I quit the site but I'm not unable to be contacted.

Regardless of my salt, the military purchase options only allow you to buy each option ONCE only. You can't buy multiple squads of each. They're upgrades.

The progression rate and prices were not done being balanced. I tried to discuss them with other people but I didn't get many suggestions on that front aside from what came out of it.

On top of that, I was going to add separate options for attack power upgrades. The options it had now were only supposed to be for quantity.

But I was never able to finish it nor did anyone really understand my vision akin to many other things like the NPC System. But I hope you all could balance it for me and try to make it a complete shop. I'll take my leave but if you want, anyone could contact me. I'm no stranger. I left my Discord in my departure post if anyone cares.

The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread 002The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread 003

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The main reason I posted the faction shop up was because it had been sitting there for months, with no edits made from any of the discussions from meetings or past suggestions about things. Like the bulk weapons purchase which I added, I also added the district purchase, as we discussed the idea of purchasing land in the faction shop. There had been no head way in the systems progressions for quite some time. When we had seen the perks we had believed the ones listed we're complete, all I did was add some of the ideas we had to the shop.

For district purchase players would receive a small set fixed amount of 25k, this can be lowered if activity is low. Faction activity will be measured by the amount of jobs and faction related threads done. The more it seems your guild is doing to earn money the more funds it will earn at the end of the month. If you want set amounts we can, I was planning to keep it free so as to allow for more fluid fund earning and the chance to earn more if you're incredibly active. Offerings could help to contribute more funds, but it would just be another way of showing activity.

Addressing the military situation as I stated previously we believed it to be done. From as you can see by the military, which I had not edited at all said their power increased with the armies size. And from previous discussions is what thought to be fine, or at least there had been no opposition.

My solution to this is similar to Duquins, we could keep the army sizes the same as they are upgrades and not purchases to be made multiple times, we could tier it to where the army consists of multiple tier of soliders, so there's a portion that's each rank going up to the Rank of the army. For the Omega tier army we can chance it to where it's comparable to A-tier with troops tier, but just has more troops and maybe a special combat NPC, which a player would have to earn. Allowing them to use it in their army.

There's a few errors to work with the faction shop like all systems and ideas, we had no information on the direction planned for it so I finished it up so that players can review it. Just like my NPC system this is something new.  We can use this thread as a chance to iron out some kinks so we can put this shop to use.

The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread OJgAYLo

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Oh, sure. A good way to make yourself look good. Again.

It wasn't months of no changes. Weeks, perhaps. But don't get too ahead of yourself. I've said it wasn't finished, so, I don't get where the whole assumption came from.

But hey, go for the fixes. Good job in making it look bad by not following the template, though. Neutral

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Honestly I didnt care about the template, I wanted to get it out. That way we could work on it, it had been momths, I was told it could be done in a week back in february. We even had discussions but I never saw a single change made. There had no been no sign of a semblance of progress, so sloppy as it maybe atleast we have a shop up qe can work on.

The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread OJgAYLo

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Maybe you never saw any changes because you were never around. But okay, I'll let you live in your fantasy.

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

...But Merrze is right? The Faction System should have been released months ago, but it never was. Progress on it has been very sluggish. The Faction System was an idea you proposed in your Admin Platform I believe. It's been over a year since then. Now, I understand there was just so much going on that it was difficult to make any real progress and I don't blame you for it. But at the same time, you can't really fault Merrze for wanting to finally get something done that could have theoretically been released a long time ago. Now that we do have the time to release it, why delay it?

Last edited by Ariel-chan on 17/04/18, 04:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I never said it shouldn't have been released. If you had eyes and read what I wrote, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I already admitted progress was sluggish but denying the fact that I worked on it at all within those months is a joke. I'm not "yelling" at him because he released it. I'm "yelling" at him because he believes I never worked on it within the past few months which is real funny.

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

This isn't the thread to be throwing accusations around and trying to slander one another. The bottom line is that the faction shop has been long overdue, and though what was put up may not be 100% polished (let's face it, nothing really is), it's better than having nothing at all and hoping it'll come someday. Now we have a rough guideline to look at, tweak, experiment, and grow. That's what this thread is for: to discuss what we believe is best for the faction shop and how to better improve on in going forward.

The format and grammatical errors can always be fixed easily, but they aren't that pressing to address at the moment. So far, I like Yaku's idea concerning military perks. I hope to see more helpful insight from the community so we can better provide for all of us to enjoy the faction system and its shop to it's fullest. Sadly, I have no such ideas at the moment, but I will continue to monitor the thread and offer my opinions when applicable.

Please, keep the ideas rolling, Magi World~!

The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread 3oCk1sb

The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread 7kZv0Du
The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread AmCJaPN The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread Ltg0RVb The Official Faction Shop Discussion Thread VjD0Py3

Trait Points: 4/11 | SoS: 1

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

If I suggested that you thought it shouldn't be released, my apologies. That wasn't what I was aiming for. Rather, I wanted to highlight the fact that progress was so slow that it's understandable Merrze would rush to get it out - which was something you seemed to be criticizing about earlier. Unless I misinterpreted what you were saying. In which case, I'm really sorry.

And yeah, Neo's right - this isn't really a thread to be throwing around accusations. It's a discussion/suggestion thread. So please, let's just go back to suggestions v.v

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Too much of a heavy hand, I still think the members should have access to their own products. There is already a restriction that these items can't be exchanged without a perk. The market should allow some access for all to access it and not lock the faction members out. Either that or allow faction members to equally distribute among their peers. Is that illegal to do in terms of site rules?

Lagi's Vault

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum