Coliseum Debut [Ganbo & Knuckles Vs Rufi]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ganbo Basara

Ganbo Basara
β-Tier
β-Tier

Opponent:

The day had finally come, they had been preparing for quite some time for it. Their coliseum big debut, against Rufi a famous counter fighter in the ring. In his pride he had decided to fight both Knuckles and Ganbo in a 1 v 2. We'd definitely make him regret that, though I guess we should let him live for his kindness. Either way I guess I'll have to talk to Knuckles about that. Ganbo was finishing his morning breakfast, pondering all the possibilities of today's match. He had agreed to meet Knuckles at the coliseum, walking out of the inn the streets were flooded with citizens. Coliseum fight days were always some of the busiest, it was one of the first things he grew accustom to in Reim. Moving through the city he stopped here and there to admire certain citizens, stopping at an apple vendor during one of these pauses. There was something about working citizens that brought out their beauty. Some even would stare back meeting Ganbo's eyes approvingly, Reim was a city of many tastes. It was one of the many reasons he loved the city so, eating his newly purchased apple he'd keep moving through the streets. Here and there he'd hear a child or someone else recognize him from the posters of today's fight. After today, a lot more people will know you. This is the start of either a beautiful career or a training retreat.

Arriving outside the Coliseum, Ganbo was awe struck. He had lived in Reim for some time now but the coliseum will always be the greatest work of art in the city. He considered it the pinnacle of entertainment, and knew that here was a chance to show the world his passion. He'd look around the outside for Knuckles eager to discuss the match looming ahead of them. Once he managed to find him he'd greet him with a slap on the back and loud nervous talking. "Hey bro! What a day what a day, man you must be pumped right. I mean this is it, this right here is what we been working for. Well at least me I'm not sure about you, but man isn't it crazy like feels so soon. But its not right I think its about the right time..." He'd drone on until Knuckles stopped him. Unfortunately for Knuckles and Ganbo's impatience in having to wait for the match had manifested as pre game jitters.

WC: 411

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

They were doing it, going to fight in a well-known battle broadcasted throughout the entire coliseum for the entertainment pleasure of those who were watching. Sitting outside Knuckles was awaiting the arrival of his battling partner and longtime friend Ganbo, he was eager to get thing away with the fight. There was a listing before they were fighting, he had ventured into the halls earlier this morning getting a site of where they would be fighting, getting some intel on things like this would really help plan a fight. He had started off early this morning stopping at the blacksmith doing a bit of shopping before they got things underway. He Purchased the Sheild he had an eye out for as well as upgraded his sword a bit, sharpening the blade and doing some needed adjustments to the hilt.
It was reheated and treated with additional metals to ensure it kept up with his form of fighting. The Blade had even fit perfectly into the shelve in the center of the shield. This allowed him to carry both on one strap worn on his back, or he could carry it on his forearm allowing a quick and easy draw, attack, or defensive use of his shield. Excited to show Ganbo, Knuckles searched through the forming crowds for his buddy. Seeing the male towering over others he ran over to him. Listing to Ganbo go on and on, he could tell by the body language and speech pattern Ganbo wasn't himself.

"Ganbo, take it, easy man, I'm just as excited as you are. After all, all those slave fights I was in are going to make me some serious money!" He'd try to turn his past into something positive but, all it did was fill him with rage, something he seemed okay with. He enjoyed that his talents were with combat styled things, and he'd used these to kill the very men who had enslaved him. Well not directly, but men like them, it was good enough for now. Making their way into the gladiator's entrance, they passed many of warriors who were fighting for the first time today, some veterans who had been around for a while but weren't very well known, and legends of the arena. Knuckles was getting hyped about showing everyone what they could do, still, he wished it was a fair fight two on two, Ganbo had insisted the man agreed to fight the both of them, and he was sure to win. To Knuckles, it seemed like he was thinking a good show to showcase how good of a fighter he was taking on two at once. The poor man, he had no idea that these two men he had to choose to fight against were against bigger odds than this most of their lives, and nothing had stopped them yet.

WC 486

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Coliseum Debut [Ganbo & Knuckles Vs Rufi] YVYVcOy

Ganbo Basara

Ganbo Basara
β-Tier
β-Tier

Knuckles wise words, help assuage Ganbo's doubts as he took a deep breath. The time was rapidly approaching where they would enter the arena. Looking at Knuckles new equipment Ganbo would speak loudly "Now that's what I call battle ready brother, they'll remember our names in no time. Hey, let's try not to kill this guy though it is our debut. I'd rather make the first kill on something a little more even fielded."It was right after he finished talking that the arena announcer would call for them. Moving through the crowd of fighters and fans Ganbo large stature would quickly be an indicator to move to the side. No one gave any trouble though, a couple of the fighters looked like they were ready to brawl with Ganbo right now. Moving up to a desk like station built into the arena, the man's voice called out to Ganbo and Knuckles. "We're here and ready to fight, where we going boss?". The announcer would push a button as a door opened he gave instructions on how to get to their pre fight room. Moving into it Ganbo relaxed for what felt like a couple minutes before another man walked in fully covered in a brown robe. He motioned for them telling them it was time for the battle. His nervousness finally gone with the fight starting Ganbo's heart started to flutter.This is being alive, God I'm going to have such a good night.His heart started to settle as his blood began to rush in anticipation. The bright sunlight ended the dusky darkness of the inside. The gate opening letting both Ganbo and Knuckles in on one side. Opposite to them Rufi walked in making signals and signs to the crowd. Trying to get them more pumped for what he thought was another easy victory. The announcer spoke some more trying to amp the crowd up as well as introduce the competitors. It sounded like buzzing to Ganbo's ears all his attention and focus were on Rufi.

As soon as the announcer said begin Ganbo sprinted at Rufi. He wanted the first strike against this supposed counter fighter, it would also give Knuckles time to observe.  Once he reached the range of Rufi he'd unleash a powerful kick, unfortunately for Ganbo it was blocked. THe sound of his leg connecting with the metal of Rufi's shield. At the same time Rufi pushed Ganbo back two meters from  him by parrying with his shield. Now two meters away from Rufi, imagine his surprise when Rufi closed the gap in less than a second. Swinging his sword in an 180 arc directly in front of him Ganbo would duck while shooting out his left fist in a quick jab. He managed to connect, but once again his fist met with metal instead of flesh. Rufi had managed to block his fist again, this time the sword swing came slower and from above. Ganbo swept at Rufi's legs and in response Rufi jumped backwards. Rufi would use his momentum to continue moving until he was 3 meters away from Ganbo. When he started to backpedal Ganbo knew this would be the perfect time to up the ante. Looking at his right hand he'd watch as his nails grew and as he invested his stamina their sharpness increased. Rufi quickly realized he had made a mistake in giving Ganbo breathing room and sprinted forward while doing another 180 degree swipe. It was quicker than last time and Ganbo miscalculated the swing knowing he wouldn't be able to move. He'd pick up his left foot and change the joint in his right knee bending until his body was parallel with his knee. As Rufi's sword arc passed over head Ganbo would start his offensive. He knew that he wasn't going to end the battle at this second. It was more to see if he could break through the man's defense. It seemed solid so far, but he had started to see chips here and there slower reaction times etc. Using his right arm he'd stab at Rufi's sword arm. His nails wouldn't get to deep before Rufi slapped Ganbo back with his shield. Setting his joint, Ganbo would stare at Rufi. He knew Knuckles would likely be getting bored at this point so he'd let him jump in. Rufi's right arm had blood dripping from the 5 punctures Ganbo nails had left. He looked like he was already starting to regret his decision in fighting two men as he glanced at Knuckles.

Stamina: 100/130(20 Nails, 10 Unnatural bend)
WC: 756 + 411 = 1167
skills used:

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

The gate opened and it had started, Ganbo had quickly left from the starting gate in a burst of speed, Knuckles removed his shield from his back wearing it on his arm, yet his blade still rested within it. In no time at all the two warriors were fighting tooth and nail, he could see how this man was well known, he was quickly at stopping attacks or reacting to them. Once the first two strikes had been made by the two, Knuckles began to start his own run circling around to the side of the two fighters in the center.  Knuckles watched as their foe had moved into further range where Ganbo shined the brightest currently, but being that smart counter fighter he was he'd seemed to pick up on this and moved back to close range, this is when Knuckles began to move at full speed swinging his arms in a furious fashion as he zipped through the arena.   As Rufi's shield had swatted away Ganbo's arm, Knuckles lifted his shield to his shoulder area as he pushed from the ground slamming his shield into the body of Rufi. It was true he had glanced at Knuckles earlier, but he didn't know what speed Knuckles were moving at which allowed him to play this right.  The two sword and shield users were now 2 meters away from Ganbo's body, In a diagonal line with the taller man.  He could likely move to either side but, it would be cut off by Ganbos long arms if he so wished to.

The match was over, and since the man was Thing would come to a close shortly, Knuckles moved in close charging at the man with his shield lifted again, meanwhile Rufi's next move was shocking, not that it was unexpected or something like, but the sheer strength to do something like this. He had leaped from his standing position then the entire 6-meter distance between the two warriors.  It was quick, however, Knuckles quickly dashed to the side 3 meters avoiding the slash that followed suit with the man's leap.  Rufi's faced showed anger as he turned to Face Knuckles again, this time charging at him. Lifting his blade he brought it down towards Knuckle's chest, in return Knuckles rose his shield upwards and slapped the sword strike blocking the attack, as he brought his shield to meet the sword, Knuckles had drawn his short blade from the shield slashing out towards Rufi's torso. Missing as the man had jumped back to dodge, Knuckles grinned. This guy was good and exciting to fight.  

Knuckles quickly too action sending his blade forward, adding some extra stamina into the strike, his frame had gone from a firmly planted stance to a stabbing motion with ease.  They Blade he stabbed into the gut of Rufi dealing C ranked Damage to him.  As Knuckles pulled out his blade he had pushed his shield into Rufi's chin creating distance between the two warriors, about 3 meters to be exact.  Rufi placed his fingers over his wound to see how deep it was. He bent down grabbing a handful of sand and stuffed it into the sab wound stopping the bleeding for now.  Knuckles waited for the man to finish readying himself before he went in for another attack, both warriors lifted their swords as they clashed and sparks flew throughout the air. The Sheilds had slammed into each other again and again as the swords keep dancing with one another. With every attack Knuckles was Trying the injured Rufi was still somehow moving fast enough to counter the attack with his own, however, the attacks took more effort with his wound from Ganbo's attack earlier. Thanks to this on Rufi's next sword swing, Knuckles parried it sending the attack upwards opening Rufi up to an attack. Giving a C ranked slash to the man chest cutting him a bit deep. As his body slammed into the sand Knuckles placed a foot onto his sword as he pointed his own at the foe's neck.

"Do you yield Rufi?"  With great shame in his eyes he nodded as he spoke out. I yield, I yield.. "
As the opponent admitted defeat Knuckles lifted his arms into the air as the crowd began to roar.  Knuckles placed his sword back in the slot in his shield and stored both items on his back before pointing at Ganbo.

WC 770+486= 1256

Stamina 130/170

Spoiler:

Ganbo Basara

Ganbo Basara
β-Tier
β-Tier

Watching the rest of the battle unfold, all in all it was over in about 2 minutes. Rufi was a powerful opponent, Ganbo isn't sure if he could've dodged the same strike as Knuckles. Either way as Knuckles pointed at Ganbo he'd strike a victory pose. He'd raise one fist in the air and bellow out his loudest grunt three times. The sounds shot across the coliseum before being drowned out by the cheers of the crowd. Ganbo felt different walking out of the circle with Knuckles, whether it was the rush of winning or his first step in his ambitions he couldn't tell. One thing for sure was that Ganbo arms and legs were bruised from all of his shield battering. Now that the initial rush from fighting was gone the pain was starting to set in, he wondered how Rufi felt right about now. Hmm maybe we should fight him in a 2v2 next that would definately net some bucks. I wonder if Knuckles would prefer to fight Rufi in that situation or someone new. He was shaken from his thoughts as the same brown robed individual spoke. Telling them to proceed to the same room they were in before the fight, that's where they would receive their prize money. Once they were alone in the room Ganbo would look at Knuckles, "Straight up, this shit was the best day I've had in a while. I think this could be it for me, now I just need to find a way to increase our power. No I don't want some tacky sword like yours, I'm a man of elegance. Might as well call your sword a fish out of water cause that shit be flopping bro." Of course the last part was a joke, he wondered how long the money would take. Apparently not much longer for a couple minutes later they were compensated and complimented on their performance.

Afterwards Ganbo would get ready for a night out on the bar. He was pumped, he'd look over at Knuckles to see if he was coming out. "Hey you busy with your sword tonight or you coming out with your boy!?" Either way Ganbo would be on his way, screaming and shouting on the way there. Anytime someone recognized him from the fight he'd stop and talk to them strike a pose or two. This made for a long walk to the bar but when he or they finally arrived he'd buy everyone in the establishment one round. Before sitting down and unwinding from his new career.

-Exit
WC: 428 + 1167 = 1595
Stamina: 100/130

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Say what you will about my sword, but it gives me a lot of room to work with. Now that I have a shield with it, I can do a lot better combos. I mean, my sword cut deeper than your nails did" Standard back and forth was something they did. After getting the money in their hands they set out. "I'm going to play with my sword, and get someone to play with it for me too, the night is young as are we so let's PARTY!" He'd follow Ganbo to the bar, Ganbo spent more time at them with his dancing and what not, Knuckles drank just as much just not at some many places. It was going to lead to something big. For Ganbo this match seemed to really make him happy, meanwhile, Knuckles was looking for more slavers to take out. He'd liked he could make money for what he was good at, he just rather be killing slavers than earning fame. All in all, though he was happy with the victory, the 2 on one thing had sorta made it feel cheated. To him it wasn't fair but, Rufi likely thought it was a fair fight at the start when he challenged the both of them. He fought with a style near Knuckles, but less aggressive, more counter waiting for a strike, whereas Knuckles was a furry. Both were good styles it was just Ganbo's blow that had tilted the balance. It was a good match though he had been able to get a feel for his new weapon and upgraded sword.

Exit

WC 280+1256=1536

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Coliseum Debut [Ganbo & Knuckles Vs Rufi] YVYVcOy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum