+5
Rima Fahim
Diana Corvus
Zadi
Ariel
Azix Niraj
9 posters

Should Unlocked Potential...

[Poll] Unlocked Potential Votepi1053%[Poll] Unlocked Potential Votepi10 53% [ 9 ]
[Poll] Unlocked Potential Votepi1047%[Poll] Unlocked Potential Votepi10 47% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty [Poll] Unlocked Potential 02/06/17, 10:47 pm

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

One last suggestion for now. How many of you would like Unlocked Potential to be available for purchase twice? What I mean by this, is the ability to make your secondary class trainable up to omega-tier, as well as the ability to purchase a tertiary class. This means a fully maxed character would have their primary and secondary classes at Omega-tier and the tertiary at B-tier. I'm not sure how popular this idea will be, but I think it'd help end game content.

2[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 02/06/17, 10:52 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Although wouldn't it the tertiary be at A-Tier? If I recall correctly, the rules only state that it can't be the same or above your secondary class's tier.

3[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 02/06/17, 10:54 pm

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Da Rules wrote:Primary Classes can be equal to a character's rank. Secondary Classes can only be a rank below at the most, and Tertiary Classes must be two ranks below that of a Character's.

4[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 02/06/17, 10:57 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Oh... I'm stupid >.<

5[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 02/06/17, 11:00 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I feel as though being able to purchase Unlocked Potential a second time would give less variety and uniqueness to characters. I chose Ranger to be equal to my primary because that's just how I wanted Zadi to develop as a character. Granted, I didn't take into account that Ranger A-tier and Omega-tier aren't very different...but hey, I'll stick to my guns!

Seriously though, if everyone has the same potential, this site's characters would lose a little uniqueness.

6[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 03/06/17, 05:06 am

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I will have to disagree with Zadi on this one and here is why:

While I'm not sure I favor what is being proposed. I don't agree with your statement. We only have six classes and are allowed either two or three depending on what we choose. While there are a lot of possible combinations. In specific:

Magicians - 20. (if taking two classes only - 15.)
Non-Magicians - 10.

Those calculations are whether they take two or three classes. It remains the same. While Magicians may get a larger pool of classes to choose from, it's such a small number. Especially compared to other races. So, really, how much uniqueness could there possibly be? Now, if we had put this in place, the possible combinations would be the same. The only thing that would differ is the tiers. Again, the numbers remain the same whether they take a third or second class.

This would not effect individuality of characters. You are not taking into consideration weapon choices and the like. It would only give a significant power spike to those who can afford it. Which is the only thing concerning me at the moment. Since this could end up to be catastrophic in terms of a buff.

7[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 03/06/17, 12:09 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

lol, that's not quite what I mean by "uniqueness". I did mention only a tiny bit of uniqueness would be lost, but I consider that tiny bit important for individual character development. Less about statistics and more about choice;

Being able to purchase only 1 Unlocked Potential means choosing carefully about which of two paths your character will take; Versatility (three classes) or Mastery (two classes). Again, I'm not talking about statistics, I'm talking about plot.

However, with the option to purchase 2 Unlocked Potentials, characters have only one choice; Versatile Master (or whatever you want to call the odd combination of Primary, Primary, Tertiary). Therefore, everyone will end up choosing the same path for their character's class potential, know what I mean?

8[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 03/06/17, 02:50 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Couldn't that second Unlocked Potential be applied to tertiary? I mean, I know it states that it only applies to the secondary class but we can always change that. Besides, just because there is the option to Unlock Potential twice doesn't mean everyone will take. For one, it is expensive and there are more costs and stuff people want to buy than the Unlocked Potential thingy.

9[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 03/06/17, 04:05 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

I think I get what you mean, Zadi. Though, I don't think that "tiny bit of uniqueness" is going to impact character development as much as your fearing. Bringing up what Ariel said, if we did happen to go through with this change, we could allow for a purchase of a 4th class as well. Though, I suppose at that point things would start getting kind of weird. While I'm not against the matter, it doesn't exactly seem like something the site NEEDS. However, I will not deny that having it would help me build Rima the way I originally wanted. It's not about what I want, though. I'd prefer we go into how it might effect the entire "end-game" of things. Since, like Diana previously said.
this could end up to be catastrophic in terms of a buff.

10[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 07/06/17, 04:55 pm

Dylan Peak

Dylan Peak
C-Tier
C-Tier

I disagree.
Better off with one Unlock.

If every gets two, more people will have classes overlapping. Example. Only four classes.
And you can be
1-2
1-3
1-4
2-3
2-4
3-4

versus
1-2-3
1-2-4
1-3-4
2-3-4

There are in fact less choices.

This isnt a direct example of what would happen but it does help explain what the loss would be. If everyome has 3 classes or two omegas there are gonna be more people sharing omega classes and classes in general.

11[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 07/06/17, 05:54 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

There would be the same amount of choices whether we had one unlock or two as I've shown in my post.

Right now, you could either have two classes or three. If we did this change, it would be the maximum amount of classes everyone can have is three and you are allowed to have two omega tier classes.

There wouldn't be less choices unless you account for tier. But even so, there are six total classes, not four. For humans, there are five. Which gives a lot more choice than you listed. By the way, don't be already share a lot of combinations? Why would it matter if we had more similarities in tier?

While I'm not saying I support the idea even now due to balance purposes, I'm still confused as to how this would affect anything except for power issues. Y'all don't factor in the popularity of classes either which actually cuts down on the numbers if you think about it.

This is how I look at it:

Warrior & Magician are the most popular classes.

Assassin & Beast Tamer are the middle ground.

Body Manipulator & Ranger are the least popular classes.

While it can be argued that Assassin and Body Manipulator could be moved up, my point still stands. No matter how your popularity list looks, that factor limits the choices as well. But placing them all on an equal stand will give you the same arrangement possibilities every time which, again, I had calculated in my post. While I am no mathematician, I know my permutations.

There will be no loss in arrangement possibilities.

12[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 07/06/17, 10:00 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

So we have six classes. Five classes can have an option to four classes for their secondary. One class has five options. (5 x 4) + (5 x 5) = 21 options if we go the Secondary class route. (5 x 4 x 3) + (5 x 5 x 4) = tertiary route choices (160 choices)

Actually, the number of choices you have with the tertiary route is really just the same as the number of choices you have if we allowed two unlocks. That's if we're not counting tiers. Which you seemed to have forgotten about in your calculations as well. You also seem to be separating one unlock and two unlocks. You're forgetting that these aren't two separate objects as a whole. They're steps. Two unlocks is saying, "lets go the secondary route then we'll go the tertiary route" (or vise versa). Basically, it means you get 181 choices as a whole.

13[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 09/06/17, 05:47 am

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Those huge numbers are because you're still factoring in duplicates like...

Magician Beast Tamer Warrior
Magician Warrior Beast Tamer
Warrior Beast Tamer Magician

etc.

14[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 13/06/17, 08:44 am

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

I prefer the current system it makes the player choose their line, either you have three classes or two.

15[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 13/06/17, 03:43 pm

Azmot

Azmot
D-Tier
D-Tier

While Diana is right in the fact that no combinations will be lost (any desired combination you have is possible, and if you only wanted two you can go beyond what your original desires were), I think that keeping Unlocked Potential as-is would be conducive to the Roleplay environment. The more decisions and choices you have to make, the more your character must reflect these choices and grow in response to them. If Unlocked Potential was changed, there would be no advantage to having only two classes - and as such, characters that only WANT two classes will be at a creative disadvantage; do they compromise their character's integrity and just throw on a powerful class, or do you stick to your guns and lose a competitive edge?

I think it would be better if we did not introduce this dilemma to characters.

16[Poll] Unlocked Potential Empty Re: [Poll] Unlocked Potential 14/06/17, 08:01 pm

Jacklyn Seras

Jacklyn Seras
D-Tier
D-Tier

I was going to stay out of this argument or debate if you desire to calling it that. However Azmot made a very good point as I never wanted 3 classes for my Jacklyn just 2. The trait system allowing those having 3 classes getting more traits then those having 2 changes how powerfull you are. Given those with 3 classes even 2 are weaker then the first allows equal footing due to there versatile nature. Now if one could buy this mechanism twice that leaves us buy it twice as the only path to true power. However if am mistaken on this matter please forgive me my ignorance but wasn't versatilely and traits the reason why choosing 3 vs 2 didn't matter in the end. For while those with 2 had more power they lacked variety and utility. Making them at the end of the day while very different in terms of power still equals none the less.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum