You are not connected. Please login or register

17 thoughts about Magi World the RP: #7 will have you laughing!

+3
Lagi
Vardreth
Caelus Valeria
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

1. Countries on the right side bar aren't quite updated.
    Self explanatory.

2. Dungeons on the right side bar aren't quite updated.
    Self explanatory

3. We could use more examples and pregenerated stuff.
    There is only the Serpent Slash example and I feel it isn't enough. Plus some precreated skills could help some people. Or even use some examples from some players.

4. How do we handle owning mundane items and property?
    Can I just own a grappling hook? a lock pick? A store? A small fort?

5. Can we get more description of each country?
    Such as population, business, leadership, laws, opinions? What is the trade between nations like? What are the diplomatic relationships like? Does x have the death penalty or not? Which countries allow slaves? How do countries feel about manipulators?

6. Can we create or talk about factions a bit more?
    All these evil factions, we need other factions like the unity corps too. Groups to join and add life to the site.

7. Saw someone mention this and I know it will be denied, but a fanalis or imuchakk slave as a beast tamer pet?
    Hahah. Too curious.

8. Players should use this board more.
    We have to be the change we would like.

9. A detailed post on how technology works.
    Where does regular tech end and magic tech begin? Where are the medical advancements? Etc.

10. What will happen with Altair's djinn?
    Doesn't seem like he wants it.

11. A better world and mini plot summaries.
    Honestly, even I feel a little lost.

12. The omega scaling for the flight spell only has a requirement, no drawback. I also don't know what this scale is.
    Seems OP and not within the intentions of how extreme magic should be.

13. Can we make the Open seas a bit more viable and useful?
    Open seas are a good idea... But not so good on paper. Any ideas anyone?

14. Riku has been single-handedly doing most of the admin work. (Ariel has also, but she is also going on break now.)
    They need to be commended for going above and beyond the call of duty. Maybe they deserve some extra rewards, such as Huang.Also if we need more Mods, consider this my to-do list.

15. Manipulators feel underpowered.
    Always felt manipulators were underpowered.

16. Wanderers feel underpowered.
    Always felt wanderers were underpowered.

17. Balance.
    Yay.

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

Everyone's asking about Caim like you can just raise your hand and grab him. I'm sure the mods have something in mind, but give it time. I've only been back for a few days, so the conversation is probably only starting.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

1) Not too sure what you mean by this. What about them are not updated?

2) Correct. For the mod/admin's convenience, I'll post the links to the two boards that correspond with that information so that they can actually do something about it:
needs new topics for the dungeons
archived dungeon forums here

3) I don't see much of a need for this, but I suppose others may.

4) Here is the post to the item systems:
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t6466-item-equipment-systems#35320
Here is the post to the template:
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t6546-mundane-item-template
and after you buy it, here is the post to your vault:
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t6726-the-vault#36342
Voila. If you meant 'what kind of items am I required to purchase as mundane items', then I would imagine that they are what the item system states; that is to say items that you could use to effect the outcome of combat, but aren't actual weapons.

5) This would be pretty nice to have. (Btw, do you mean Manipulators as in the Class or as in a political maneuver-er?)

6) Groups like the Unity Corps are player created, as are the 'evil factions'. A lot of the board's storyline is player generated.

7) Lol. (It wouldn't be approved for long enough to use it viably. I can guarantee this.)

Cool Pretty much. The larger footprint of your use, the more weight your words will have when trying to influence a decision because you've shown you actually are interested in RPing on the site.

9) Yea, a lot of vets have a decent idea of the general time period of technology (like no guns/canons(this has changed a few times in the past)/actual steampunk machinery etc.). If I recall, it was technology prior to the 12th century... The Plot Summary Overview states the Classical Era for technology.

10) Djinns work in 1 of 3 ways; either the next character owned by the player who had it originally can inherit the Djinn, the Djinn goes back to be raised from a Dungeon or an NPC inherits the Djinn. The Djinn will only be taken from a player if they approve of this; even if a player has become inactive, the Djinn will not be taken from them to be recirculated.

11) The Plot Summary is in need of a bit of an update.

12) It is the equivalent of the Fanalis' speed capability of being able to pay 10 stamina to instantly cross gaps, but instead the user has to pay 50 magoi though the gap is longer. It doesn't show what the max distance is, however if you consider how Vodarara's abilities have been graded recently I can't imagine the flight moving you further than 40-ish meters. It would be nice to see that added in. I don't see the need for a drawback to be added to a flight spell.

13) Viable and useful? Define what these mean to you, and it may be easier to determine how to do so.

14) Creation Mods handle the approval for items and abilities. Riku has been posting because Yaku's hand is smashed from work. With the new systems being put in place, many are still wrapping themselves around the way it works. That being said, Yaku does seem to be looking for new staff members. The application process is open:
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t6274-staff-applicationsopen-to-all
FYI, looking through that page you will see that staff members do get reimbursed, and it does depend on performance. Yaku is, I am sure, quite aware of how much each staff member has done for the site.

15) Manipulators are so-so. They had a lot of potential before the changes due to the 1 tier upgrade of defensive techniques, but that isn't much of a thing anymore. Can't really imagine a change that can be made for them that will increase their power much.

16) What do you mean by 'wanderers are underpowered'? Country affiliation doesn't provide your character a quantitative or qualitative strength. If you mean it is difficult to get A-Tier or higher jobs for those types of players, then yea, I would like to see them capable of taking on a high tier job from any country.

17) If you have legitimate balance suggestions I am sure the staff would appreciate your suggestions ^_^. That's why the changes are in beta. They want to see if anyone can find real balance problems with the systems, and not just theoretical ones that can't be confirmed to be in an imbalance.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

^ Who are you and why are you so powerful? Must be a virus... "dusts off the old vault"

nvm its garret.. yeesh.. was you always this strong and rich?

Enough off topic..

5. I think it's as updated as it'll ever be, i can only account for my country and any personal questions, you can ask me. Lagi is a manipulator as well so come one, come all, you are welcome. I don't necessarily think that people are racist against specializations/class types...except magicians... and those who reside at the college maybe. But it's a personal opinion

9. Medical advancements honestly range from magic healing, special abilities for healing, or the potions. I have a herbalism skill that was singlehandedly regulated because potions don't exist anymore, just food and.... water... >.> , so on a chemistry level, i feel like we gone a little backwards.

11. As a plot mod, there are a number of things going on that we can't necessarily tell you as of yet. But once everything has been solidified, it'll be updated immediately. There are a few things going on that you can see for yourself, like the fake dungeon that would cause serious problems if not stopped.

12. i don't know anything about it, but the idea of giving up my omegas in exchange for A tiers, and magicians getting an omega flight spell.. is unfair... in my opinion.

14. for me to be a stand-in for another jurisdiction, i have to ask. I' only in charge of so many things as a plot and community mod, but i mostly hang out as my alt and use him to interact with others plots to keep it moving. At the very least, i see him as a tool for work, and each mod approaches their job in a different respect. I'm sorry if it seems like im not reliable, i have graded an application before, abilities are still beyond me *miss the good old days of how we could make them *, and we don't step on toes. If needed be, i will step in and fulfill the needed of a specific area that needs attending.

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

1) Not too sure what you mean by this. What about them are not updated?
I suppose I meant to combine this with 5. Not as self-explanatory as I thought.

2) Correct. For the mod/admin's convenience, I'll post the links to the two boards that correspond with that information so that they can actually do something about it:
needs new topics for the dungeons
archived dungeon forums here
Thank you for doing your part, comrade.

3) I don't see much of a need for this, but I suppose others may.
Just a suggestion as I see many people have not converted to the new system.

4) Here is the post to the item systems:
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t6466-item-equipment-systems#35320
Here is the post to the template:
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t6546-mundane-item-template
and after you buy it, here is the post to your vault:
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t6726-the-vault#36342
Voila. If you meant 'what kind of items am I required to purchase as mundane items', then I would imagine that they are what the item system states; that is to say items that you could use to effect the outcome of combat, but aren't actual weapons.
Wow, I can't believe I missed that. But how does this work for property?

5) This would be pretty nice to have. (Btw, do you mean Manipulators as in the Class or as in a political maneuver-er?)
I mean the class. Typically, they were considered as monsters. Is this still the case.

6) Groups like the Unity Corps are player created, as are the 'evil factions'. A lot of the board's storyline is player generated.
Ah. I knew the Unity Corps was. But also regarding the Alchemist, the Organization, the Contractor, the Brotherhood of Ash and the Black Spiders. But I understand your point. I will work on this immediately. Thank you!

7) Lol. (It wouldn't be approved for long enough to use it viably. I can guarantee this.)
Heh. I mean, it would make sense in a way, but I completely agree.

Cool Pretty much. The larger footprint of your use, the more weight your words will have when trying to influence a decision because you've shown you actually are interested in RPing on the site.
SEE THIS GUYS?

9) Yea, a lot of vets have a decent idea of the general time period of technology (like no guns/canons(this has changed a few times in the past)/actual steampunk machinery etc.). If I recall, it was technology prior to the 12th century... The Plot Summary Overview states the Classical Era for technology.
"Technology ~ The rp world is currently at a level of technology roughly equivalent to the Classical Era. Metal working and other crafts are almost to the height of mastery however things like guns, steam engines, and electronics do not exist. Even the magician's city of Magnostatd does not have technology exceeding these limitations even if their magic tools makes it seem like they do."

However, what's to stop a player from actually developing the technology? Besides saying "we're not allowing it because muh balance"?

10) Djinns work in 1 of 3 ways; either the next character owned by the player who had it originally can inherit the Djinn, the Djinn goes back to be raised from a Dungeon or an NPC inherits the Djinn. The Djinn will only be taken from a player if they approve of this; even if a player has become inactive, the Djinn will not be taken from them to be recirculated.

11)  The Plot Summary is in need of a bit of an update.
Yeah...

12) It is the equivalent of the Fanalis' speed capability of being able to pay 10 stamina to instantly cross gaps, but instead the user has to pay 50 magoi though the gap is longer. It doesn't show what the max distance is, however if you consider how Vodarara's abilities have been graded recently I can't imagine the flight moving you further than 40-ish meters. It would be nice to see that added in. I don't see the need for a drawback to be added to a flight spell.
Reminds me of that DBZ stuff. Well, I guess the scaling cost is just the cost of a spell that tier? And I believe, we shouldn't assume that.

13) Viable and useful? Define what these mean to you, and it may be easier to determine how to do so.
I guess simply what I mean, a reason for people to RP there? But did I tell you I was psychic? I can predict your suggestion will be something along the lines of "player-driven plot", heh.

14) Creation Mods handle the approval for items and abilities. Riku has been posting because Yaku's hand is smashed from work. With the new systems being put in place, many are still wrapping themselves around the way it works. That being said, Yaku does seem to be looking for new staff members. The application process is open:
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t6274-staff-applicationsopen-to-all
FYI, looking through that page you will see that staff members do get reimbursed, and it does depend on performance. Yaku is, I am sure, quite aware of how much each staff member has done for the site.
Ah, thanks for that. I can't believe I missed this either.

15) Manipulators are so-so. They had a lot of potential before the changes due to the 1 tier upgrade of defensive techniques, but that isn't much of a thing anymore. Can't really imagine a change that can be made for them that will increase their power much.
I remember also they had finally earned

16) What do you mean by 'wanderers are underpowered'? Country affiliation doesn't provide your character a quantitative or qualitative strength. If you mean it is difficult to get A-Tier or higher jobs for those types of players, then yea, I would like to see them capable of taking on a high tier job from any country.
Yes, this + they have the hardest time getting to omega tier.

17) If you have legitimate balance suggestions I am sure the staff would appreciate your suggestions ^_^. That's why the changes are in beta. They want to see if anyone can find real balance problems with the systems, and not just theoretical ones that can't be confirmed to be in an imbalance.
Awesome. I will have to review this and see if I see any issues with the balance. Vodarara's post just got me thinking about it.

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

5. I think it's as updated as it'll ever be, i can only account for my country  and any personal questions, you can ask me. Lagi is a manipulator as well so come one, come all, you are welcome. I don't necessarily think that people are racist against specializations/class types...except magicians... and those who reside at the college maybe. But it's a personal opinion
You might be write, but I think adding a bit more lore would be nice. Also, I'm pretty sure manipulators were seen as monsters, also as you said magicians are hated. Are slaves hated? What do people think of stealth fighters, aren't they kind of like sneaky assassin types? I can see Kou finding these type of people as prestigious, but the people of Reim who are used to gladiators might feel particularly weary of them.

9. Medical advancements honestly range from magic healing, special abilities for healing, or the potions. I have a herbalism skill that was singlehandedly regulated because potions don't exist anymore, just food and.... water... >.> , so on a chemistry level, i feel like we gone a little backwards.
Hahaha. I mean potions can be treated like food, I guess? But yeah I see your point.

11. As a plot mod, there are a number of things going on that we can't necessarily tell you as of yet. But once everything has been solidified, it'll be updated immediately. There are a few things going on that you can see for yourself, like the fake dungeon that would cause serious problems if not stopped.
That's good to hear but when everything is behind closed curtains, we don't really appreciate the work going on. Transparency on some parts is nice.

12. i don't know anything about it, but the idea of giving up my omegas in exchange for A tiers, and magicians getting an omega flight spell.. is unfair... in my opinion.
Maybe it's a balance issue, maybe it's not. We'll have to see it go on in practice.

14. for me to be a stand-in for another jurisdiction, i have to ask.  I' only in charge of so many things as a plot and community mod, but i mostly hang out as my alt  and use him to interact with others plots to keep it moving. At the very least, i see him as a tool for work, and each mod approaches their job in a different respect. I'm sorry if it seems like im not reliable, i have graded an application before, abilities are still beyond me *miss the good old days of how we could make them *, and we don't step on toes. If needed be, i will step in and fulfill the needed of a specific area that needs attending.
Thank you for your service. *Salutes to you like a veteran.*

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

2. We will update this part soon, thank you for reminding us! Sad

5. I personally think that this is a good idea, so I will try to discuss it with another staffs to see what we can do for the suggestion

8. I agree with this, most of the people is more interested to ask in the cbox and I will be honest, there's some question that I couldnt even answer because Im not sure about it. So it will be better to ask/suggest it here so another staff could help and to avoid same question to be asked.

10. Yaku probably already made a plan for his Djinn, perhaps a new Caim dungeon will be up, perhaps it will be given and perhaps there will be more surprise for the Djinn, just stay tune ^^

11. We apologize for this XD

14. Not really, Im just literally Yaku's fingers for most approvals for now until his finger is healed so dont mind me x.x
I need to do more approvals though so Yaku wouldn't be burdened

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Numbers 1 and 5 go hand-in-hand. Yaku was supposed to update the country pages with population limits for Magicians, Fanalis, and Imuchakk as he said he would (though, staff is probably the only one who knew of this). As Yaku already said, those currently present on the site (and active) will be unaffected by the population limits.

Number 6 isn't necessary. If the current groups aren't being worked with then why add more? Replacing the groups would make less sense, too, because at one point they were established and active within some plot somewhere. Adding more would add to the confusing plot lines.

Number 9 - I can attest to what Garret has stated from experience (and trial-and-error); Rangers can have guns, but they must be magic tools. Rangers cannot make abilities around their guns either. Guns also take up a "weapons" slot, just like the useless hunting knife. As a side note, the hunting knife is as useless as I thought it would be (because it takes up a slot).

Every number regarding Magicians and Balance - Yaku wants the site to be as canon as possible. Therefore, Magicians are to be the clearly superior class/race. I'm 100% against this, but Yaku has made up his mind (even though the reason why he created the imbalance hasn't arrived yet). Fret not! Remember that Warriors, Assassins, and Rangers are able to have Omega-tier weapons (apologies to everyone else for being out of luck).

Before this turns into a rant, I'll just say this;

Stop complaining and start posting IC. The IC:OOC activity ratio is ridiculously out of wack. Pretty much 1:100 at this point. POST IC OR THE SITE WILL LOOK DEAD!

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

HEYHEYHEY.

I am posting. ^^

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

[*]We could use more examples and pregenerated stuff.
There is only the Serpent Slash example and I feel it isn't enough. Plus some precreated skills could help some people. Or even use some examples from some players.

[*]

I've never seen an rp site need example abilities until this one. You guys make me cry, THINK FOR YOURSELVES! That said, if some one makes a list of examples, we will use it.

[*]How do we handle owning mundane items and property?
Can I just own a grappling hook? a lock pick? A store? A small fort?

[*]

Mundane items go in your vault.

Owning land doesnt have a system. You earn it IC through jobs and such. Just include it in the rewards section of a custom job. The more effort put into said job(or job chain) the more you can ask for.

[*]Can we get more description of each country?
Such as population, business, leadership, laws, opinions? What is the trade between nations like? What are the diplomatic relationships like? Does x have the death penalty or not? Which countries allow slaves? How do countries feel about manipulators?

[*]

This was a staff goal with the reboot that got lost under the mountain of other stuff. Remind me when my hand has healed and we can tackle it.

[*]Can we create or talk about factions a bit more?
All these evil factions, we need other factions like the unity corps too. Groups to join and add life to the site.

[*]

No one is stopping you.

[*]Saw someone mention this and I know it will be denied, but a fanalis or imuchakk slave as a beast tamer pet?
Hahah. Too curious.

[*]

No. Go home, you're drunk.

Although, nothing can stop you from convincing a player Fanalis/Imuchakk to be your slave IC.

[*]Players should use this board more.
We have to be the change we would like.

[*]

Preaching to the choir here. I've been saying this for years.

[*]A detailed post on how technology works.
Where does regular tech end and magic tech begin? Where are the medical advancements? Etc.

[*]

I won't let anyone develope that tech. Not for balance reasons but for theming reasons. This will no longer be a Magi forum if we allow fire arms and steam engines.

[*]What will happen with Altair's djinn?
Doesn't seem like he wants it.

[*]

New Dungeon.

[*]A better world and mini plot summaries.
Honestly, even I feel a little lost.

[*]

Same as country info.

[*]The omega scaling for the flight spell only has a requirement, no drawback. I also don't know what this scale is.
Seems OP and not within the intentions of how extreme magic should be.

[*]

Having an Omega version was actually a mistake. It should not have an omega version and I will remove it now.

[*]Can we make the Open seas a bit more viable and useful?
Open seas are a good idea... But not so good on paper. Any ideas anyone?

[*]

You can. Hop to it...no, seriously. That's up to players to do.

[*]Riku has been single-handedly doing most of the admin work. (Ariel has also, but she is also going on break now.)
They need to be commended for going above and beyond the call of duty. Maybe they deserve some extra rewards, such as Huang.Also if we need more Mods, consider this my to-do list.

[*]

I'm two months behind in paying my staffers in huang. It's been a hell of a past two months though. I'll do something special for them when my hand heals.

[*]Manipulators feel underpowered.
Always felt manipulators were underpowered.

[*]

You are using them wrong. They were never meant to be power houses. It is and always was, a support class. It is more useful augmenting other classes than it is at being powerful on its own. That said, it's strength lies in being unpredictable. Leverage that and you'll find it can stand toe to toe with any other class. Especially once a manipulator gets some magic tools.

[*]Wanderers feel underpowered.
Always felt wanderers were underpowered.

[*]

I'd like the omega requirements for them to change, but it's low priority right now.

[*]Balance.
Yay.

I have an odd policy of balance being very important for approved abilities, but being intentionally thrown out the window for the classes and some other aspects.

The finer details can be tweaked shifting the balance, but that overall philosophy isn't gonna change any time soon. Magicians are OP because they are supposed to be OP. Djinn are even more OP because they are supposed to be.

This took me like an hour to type this and now my hand his throbbing. Apologies if any of it came off as rude. I'm in pain and irritable(Also upset at Lagi for leaking that there will be a fake dungeon. Way to give away the surprise. Now no one will be fooled by the fake dungeon.)  Having to type makes my mood worse.

I really do appreciate your time and consideration in asking these questions and encourage more if it in every one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum