You are not connected. Please login or register

[Suggestion] XP Claims on Posts

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[Suggestion] XP Claims on Posts Empty [Suggestion] XP Claims on Posts 22/02/16, 11:00 am

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

So i just felt like suggesting it too see peoples thoughts i think its been mentioned in the past, obviously we have the current bit where each rp post gains us 10xp and the minimum post size is 100 words.

Id suggest adding say for every say 200 words extra they could claim for 2 xp extra, I believe this would help stimulate people making more rp background topics that aren't worked into jobs etc.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Unfortunately, editing exp is something that requires admin permissions and requires the use of the ACP(Admin Control Panel). This makes it a tedious process limited to those with access to the ACP.

I think bonus huang for something like this would be more practical/easier to execute. But to be honest, I feel like exp gains and huang gains are pretty fair and balanced where they are right now without any more extra means of gaining them.

The core goal is to incentivise people to post more non-job plot threads, right? If we had more active staff members right now, I'd suggest allowing players to submit their non-job threads for review and based on the quality they would be approved to go post in an Xp Reward claim thread for a rank/tier appropriate to the effort put in as an alternative. But that burden is a bit too heavy to place on the current staff team.

In short, I think there are better ways to encourage more plotting outside of jobs from people. But the only ideas I have on how to do so aren't really in the cards right now. I hope my feedback helps better ideas than my own flourish.

P.S. Personally, I wish people did MORE plot development through jobs. Custom jobs based around your plot are how staff can see what parts of the world are growing and being influenced by player actions. But that's just my opinion.

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

I can't say im not bias as the whole of Vodarara personal story for the next arc after icy disturbance which includes all my stealth training and initial dominance training is all going to be written with no job links too it, the Stealth being the initial part of the arc and the Dominance towards the end. with a bit in the middle regarding lots of plot.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

For the record, while I do wish more plot development was done through jobs, that doesn't mean I'm opposed to players being rewarded for doing large relevant non-job plot threads. Lets try to focus this discussion in the positive direction of how such actions could be rewarded without burdening staff or making the acquisition of resources too easy.

Very Happy

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

we could take on additional staff to aid with it or something ? or maybe just like a smaller XP claim thing like we currently have ? because the XP thing currently is automatic on post by a bot ?

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

currently, certain areas are given a certain XP value that are granted automatically. In order to offer additional XP, like Yaku said, we would either need to evaluate threads on a case-by-case basis (leaving a lot of subjectivity in the hands of staff that players may or may not agree with) or simply go by word-count. Honestly, if you are looking for more posting XP, you could simply break a larger post down into smaller posts and gain more XP that way than the system you initially suggested.

I agree with Yaku's suggestion... if you can come up with something relatively simple, it will be considered. But granting XP purely on the basis of word-count, personally, seems... cheap. I would much rather grant XP on the basis of effort, content, and quality than simple word count. But that is very much subjective to the person reading it and what I consider to be bad quality others might feel is good quality and vice versa.

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

the issue is i don't agree with the idea of post splitting it ruins the tempo and pace of a story as it feels like false blocks or just done to "farm" xp.

But yes as you said the issue is grading by quality becomes subjective and thus you get into the issues of preference and peoples favorites etc which then leads you down a whole different track of things as well.

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As this adds a level of complexity we are just not comfortable with adding at this time, I am moving this to suggestions in progress so that we can revisit it at another time, perhaps when we have more available staff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum