Borg Reconsiderations

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Borg Reconsiderations Empty Borg Reconsiderations 20/01/16, 10:36 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

At the current time, many people feel the information on the borg is confusing or not evenly applied. In an effort to make it as clear as possible, as well as clarifying things not currently covered in the systems page, Staff is proposing to change the wording to:

A Magician's Borg is an automatic defense which activates in response to any force with ill intent which moves towards the Magician and any held belongings of that magician. The Borg is capable of defending against damage as well as supplementary abilities, with its defensive capabilities being reduced based on the tier of the ability blocked. Example: A magically created wall would not be destroyed by a Borg. However, if the wall was attempting to crush the magician, then it would clash against the Borg. If a magician has time to make a conscious decision, they may choose to not activate their Borg.

Please comment below if you feel this is clear enough, what parts you find confusing (if any), or if you disagree with the ruling (including reasons why)

2Borg Reconsiderations Empty Re: Borg Reconsiderations 20/01/16, 10:46 pm

Attila

Attila
D-Tier
D-Tier

So what happens if a Magician is pushed or thrown into an environment trap, like spikes that deal B-tier damage. Would their borg block that? The spikes don't have "ill-intent".

3Borg Reconsiderations Empty Re: Borg Reconsiderations 21/01/16, 01:03 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

that is a tough situational call. If the spikes were created with the intent to harm someone (either from magic or from an event where the staff has said these spikes will hurt you) then they were created with the intent to harm. While it was not intended to harm any specific person, the intent to harm is still there. Environment does not ever naturally deal damage unless specifically stated either by staff or because an ability says something like "throws a rock to deal damage". So just stating that environment WOULD deal damage means the intent to harm is there.

4Borg Reconsiderations Empty Re: Borg Reconsiderations 21/01/16, 01:21 pm

Attila

Attila
D-Tier
D-Tier

Thanks! This really clears up my understanding of what can and cannot affect the borg. I feel there shouldn't be any confusion regarding this ability anymore. ^_^

5Borg Reconsiderations Empty Re: Borg Reconsiderations 21/01/16, 01:22 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

if a full A tier supplementry hit a borg but it didn't deal damage would it degrade the borg.

6Borg Reconsiderations Empty Re: Borg Reconsiderations 21/01/16, 01:36 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I know that full supplementary abilities deal damage to borgs, but what about half supplementary such as offensive/supplementary or even defense/supplementary?

In the case of both, would damage be dealt to the borg equal to the ability's tier or damage/power output?

7Borg Reconsiderations Empty Re: Borg Reconsiderations 21/01/16, 03:08 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Voda:

The Borg is capable of defending against damage as well as supplementary abilities, with its defensive capabilities being reduced based on the tier of the ability blocked.

So an A-tier supplementary ability being blocked would degrade it as an A-tier ability

Zadi:

If offensive degrades the borg and supp degrades the borg, then off/supp would also degrade based on the overall tier of the abliity. In regards to a def/supp, the defensive portion should have 0 effect on the person, so only the supp portion would affect the borg.

8Borg Reconsiderations Empty Re: Borg Reconsiderations 21/01/16, 04:41 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Alright, I've got the info I need. I'm fine with this rewording~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum