Wordcounter Idea

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wordcounter Idea Empty Wordcounter Idea 07/01/16, 06:23 am

Ku

Ku
C-Tier
C-Tier

Hey, I got a suggestion to maby make the site a little better.
Its a little thing but might is usefull. We all know about the wordcuont we need to have to post. In a diffrent rp site i just joined i noticed something. Below my post write box howereve you want to call it. Was a wordcounter. It is quiete usefull maby.

We all know about site's with wordcounters . To get our total wordcount. Its not much of a job. Still this is maby usefull. Often for example in the train. I do have bad internet. Other peopele might have sometimes bad internet too. Then you are not really willing to load a wordcounter site. SInce it takes lie forever to load.

Not only that. I think i am not the only one. WHen i say. That i write my posts in the box. SO maby a wordcounter is a little handy tool to help us and maby post faster. I dont knwo how you all think about this but it might is usefull.

Here is a screenshot with a example :
http://prntscr.com/9n3y42

2Wordcounter Idea Empty Re: Wordcounter Idea 07/01/16, 08:19 am

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

[*Disclaimer: This is my personal suggestion, not from staff's side :3 ]

Thats kinda useful imo o.o

3Wordcounter Idea Empty Re: Wordcounter Idea 07/01/16, 08:43 am

Hohotaro

Hohotaro
A-Tier
A-Tier

http://help.forumotion.com/t131191-add-a-word-counter-to-the-editor

found the code for it XD can remove the word requirement and the "you can send the message" message so it's purely just for word count.

actually just needed this code v XD
Code:
"You've written <span style='color:green'>" + str_len + "</span> word(s)."

along with the code to put it in the proper place lol

4Wordcounter Idea Empty Re: Wordcounter Idea 01/03/16, 01:39 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Testing to see how well this works... Alright! It is added. Keep in mind, the OFFICIAL Word Counter of the forum (which staff will use to check work counts) will be wordcounter.net

This is mostly because the word counter hear counts coding as words, which would not be allowed in normal posting, where we simply copy/paste the TEXT (not the code) to determine word count. So while this may add a little bit of guidance, please do not try to use it as the official word count~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum