You are not connected. Please login or register

The old man and his ways

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The old man and his ways Empty The old man and his ways 12/07/15, 07:33 pm

Hiro

Hiro
β-Tier
β-Tier

Hiro drank down another glass of ale in the Hel's pharaoh tavern. This tavern was now one of his favorite in this city, so what better way to start it off other than a drink huh? Hiro could easiy drink twenty glasses of their largest, hardest ale and not get drunk, which was very good for him right now cause there was a slight uproar from one of the patrons. Hiro looked towards the door as a loud, obnoxious older man came through the door. He smelled like he fell into a barrel of ale, the smell from him was even stronger than the tavern itself and of all it's other patrons. The drunkard was trying to disguise his smell by dosing himself with water from outside but obviously, it didn't work.

He overheard the bartender speak of the old man, that he always comes here merely to cause a commotion from his times in battle. At first he would merely speak of them and then try to fight some of the other patrons. Hiro grinned this was another chance to make himself some extra money. He moved to the owner of the tavern and spoke to him for a moment. After he was able to cut a deal to get rid of the man one way or another. And he was going to milk this the best way he could. He finished off another drink and made his marry way.

He looked to the roof with a feign drunk look of whimsical happiness, his mouth wide open. He looked to the older man and took a seat waving him over. He said to the man, "Would you like to sit here sir? I can buy you a drink." To make it even more convincing he forced some drool to drip from the side of his mouth then wipes it off in a weird mannerism. shook his head as if he just now took a hold of reality once more. He stared at his drink and took a long chug from the cup. "I hear you are a travelling warrior of sorts? Oh my that is quite the life you have. I am a mere farm boy." He said with a smirk as he spoke to the older man.

"No, just an old warrior as strong as an ox! I do some farming as well now but I snuck out to look for women in the city." The old man happily replied. After a moment of laughing and some more drinking, the old man spoke. "You look quite sturdy! What is your name, my old." He asked with a drunken hiccup at the end. Hiro rubbed the back of his neck and smiled. "My name? It is....I dunno...Wait! No.....Yes! I remember now! IT'S RAI!" He lied to the man. "Well, mr. Rai how about a bout? You v.s me!" The old man challenged.

"No, no! I couldn't! I am a mere farmer!" Hiro said trying to talk the man down. The old man raise his fists readily with a smirk. "A young man can take on a little old man as myself right?" The old man said insisting on the fight. Hiro raised his free hand continued to drink, doing so the old man lowered his hand questionably and confused; letting his guard down. Then swiftly Hiro chopped the man on the neck instantly knocking the man out and making him fall over on the table passed out. People who noticed stared wide eyed at the action. Hiro lowered his glass and grin. "I need 'nother!" He shouted placing his glass back on the table.

[605/500]

2The old man and his ways Empty Strength training C-B 07/09/15, 07:28 pm

Hiro

Hiro
β-Tier
β-Tier

For the last month since the warrior has been here under the hot sun in the great city of Heliohapt. He has pushed his limits fighting bandits, trying to take down the kind pharaoh and his hated animal the giant lizards both fire breathing and with ice abilities. He looked down at his hand and clenched it tight. "I've almost back to my original strength and skills...But I need more..." He thought to himself. He needed to stay alive to figure out just who he was and he needed to be become stronger to do so.

"Heliohapt..."

Some parts of great Heliohapt was basically ruled by the merchants and it's traders. They could charge any outlandish price that they wanted and they could get away with it. There was no regulation on the trade. However, people existed here fine. Today was like any other day busy market side of the city under the hot great sun. Hiro thought it was funny when he learned that Heliohapt meant Touching the Sun and for good reason. The heat left the dark skinned people relaxed and their women very revealing and paying now mind to it. Life resumed as usual.

Hiro was walking along the road to down the market and to the nearest tavern. The city was known for its harsh ruler and even harsher merchants. However it was not because of that he was here and yet things were calm for a place known for it's harshness. He had been searching all over to see if he could find more of his memories and in his time here he has been having them flowing similar to that of a river. From the vivid darkness of battle and the blurred warmth of possible loved ones.

Walking up to the south gate, a guard stopped him yelling, "Who are you and what is your business here? We don't take kindly to strangers around here." Hiro nodded and said, "My name is Hiro and I wish to come and stay at the Inn or Tavern before I carry on with my travels. I have recently been working with the mercenary guild here for the last month. I am in need of a rest." After stating such he showed his proof of work with the bills and reicepts mandate but the local guild.

The guards however scoffed at Hiro's politeness and shoved him, " You got any money? You know there is a toll to get into this city?" All four guards laughed. Hiro rolled over and stood up, his black robe now caked in mud. He could kill these men with the greatest of ease and could use his spear that was hidden within his cloak. His anger boiled but he held it in check. "No...Not like the bandits..." The warrior thought to himself. He rummaged inside his robe and pulled out a small bag of coin. The moment it was out the guards snatched it and laughed, "This is enough. Get inside." All four of them put their hands on their swords almost daring Hiro to cause trouble. Hiro merely bowed his large frame, "Of course. I am sorry." and Hiro was allowed inside.

Once inside the city; Hiro moved and entered the Inn. Once inside everyone turned to look at him with curious eyes. However, as soon as he sat down at a table they resumed what they were doing. As a inn waitress walked over she asked, "Welcome back Hiro, would you like something to eat or drink? Maybe a room to stay in? The usual?" Hiro smiled at her and replied, "Yes ma'am, I would like all of them. The strongest ale you have. I would love some roasted duck and I would love a room. The cheapest you have." He said smilingly softly. She blushed a little and said, "Okay sir, I will get your food and drink ready as soon as possible." And she walked off. Hiro sat back and relaxed, hoping that no trouble would befall him while here. However, that wasn't going to happen...

[585/1000]

Last edited by Hiro on 08/09/15, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

3The old man and his ways Empty Strength C-B 2 07/09/15, 08:07 pm

Hiro

Hiro
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Here...." A low tone voice called out, the voice boomed into Hiro's finely tuned ears. Hiro slightly turned his head to see the voice came out from outside the tavern. The man with the low voice jumped down from his horse. The sound of a heavy drop and of earth flying as he hit. Hiro could heat the sound of sheathing of some sort of blade followed by wicked laughter, "This will be fun." The voice called out as he walked into the tavern. The man easily stood over six feet tall and was of muscular build much similar to that of Hiro and had a large powerful twin sided axe blade. His aura was dark that could be easily seen with his wicked smile and the smiles of his companions. The patrons of the tavern all knew what might be happening soon.

However, this was nothing to Hiro as he only shook his head and gripped his spear and placing his shield on the bar's table. The large man cracked his knuckles and smirked. "Now I want some drink and women!" He called out. The inn owner stepped foreword. The inn owner a foot shorted also old and frail in comparison to the large man but he spoke out to him none the less. "We are an inn, we only serve food and drink." The owner said. The large mane laughed in response. "Well...You have a great many maidens here, I am sure there is a price." The inn owner shook his head weakly. "No there isn't. I don't want any trouble please leave or I will call the guard." The large man let out a loud laugh. "Funny, it is the guard the led me here for the right price. Now if you do not want gold I will just have to take what I want!" The man said with another loud laugh.

The inn owner took a step back into Hiro, fear covered his face. "Hire me." Hire said quietly to the inn owner. The own looked over confused as did the large man. "What?" The inn owner said looking the fanalis over. "I'm a mercenary for hire. Hire me to get rid of them." Hiro repeated to the inn owner. "But I cannot afford a mercenary!" The inn owner said. "Your strongest ale, some roasted duck and your cheapest room will do." Hiro said soundly. The inn owner blinked questionably again but nodded. "You're hired." The old man said to the fanalis. With that, Hiro stood up quietly and looked over the almost equally large man a smug look on the other man's face.

"The name's Hiro." Hiro started off.

"Jin." The large man retorted.

With that Hiro charged, running forward at his opponent. Jin was surprised that the big man could move so fast, however he recovered quickly to dodge Hiro's overhead attack. He then countered with a vicious slice to the ribcage which was then deflected by the handle of the axe. Jin then sliced at Hiro's ribs and connected but was deflected by Hiro's armor. This he knew. That is why he decided not to dodge or block, but to sacrifice a hit so he could get a strike in on Jin. However, he wasn't expecting Jin to block the blow with his hand. On his hand was a metal gauntlent. Then Jin attacked back with a vicious headbutt.

This caught Hiro completely off guard and he stumbled backwards disoriented. Jin capitalized on this. He rushed forward kicking Hiro onto the ground. Jin's companions and the tavern patrons were watching the duel unfold. As Hiro fell to the ground, the patrons gasped and the companions laughed. However, Hiro rolled over as the axe came down and shot a foot out that hit Jin's leg. He stumbled but right over himself, however this was all Hiro needed to get back up. With this he renewed his attack with three vicious attacks and only one was blocked. Blood drew from Jin's left arm and upper chest but this seemed to have no effect Jin.

Jin was getting angry and angry. Eventually he snapped putting so much power into his slash. The shock was too much for Hiro and he fell to the ground. The battlefield was silent as Hiro crawled to his knees only to find the axe at his neck. Jin laughed and said, "With you out of the way and the guards paid off. I can do what ever I want here. Now, how do you want to die, Mercenary? Slow or Fast?" Jin raised the axe up and started to come down. However, the axe fell from his hand as a spear was planted into his stomach. In a split second Hiro had impaled Jin and he laughed, "Thanks for the warm up. Know that I held back." Jin dropped dead. The companions jaws all dropped as hard as Jin did. The patrons stared at Hiro as he stood up and walked back to the bar with no sweat what so ever.

After this and the clean up Hiro had his drink, his meal, and his room and his day continued on like normal. This was just like another regular day of training for him.

[1479/1000]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum