You are not connected. Please login or register

Rock the Casbah I[Job Chain/D]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rock the Casbah I[Job Chain/D] Empty Rock the Casbah I[Job Chain/D] 10/07/15, 08:29 pm

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

job deets:

….?!?! Ayero awoke suddenly as she felt the bed beneath her move, sitting up and gripping the sheets tightly as she tried to discern what was going on. The furniture around her trembled and shuttered, though most of it was too sturdy to fall. Once she finally got a handle on what was happening, the shaking subsided. The inn seemed silent for a few moments, and Ayero remained still while listening to the pounding of her own heart. Lights began to flicker past her door, people shouting and calling out for eachother as they carried oil lamps to help light their way in the darkened halls. Ayero turned her head toward the window, noting how the sun was not yet up.

Many of the travelers staying at the inn had gathered downstairs at dawn, eager to get an early start on their day. There was an air of anxiousness about them, some wanting to leave the area in fear of any aftershocks that may follow the early morning earthquake. Ayero ate her breakfast in silence, paying special attention to the conversations going on around her. She learned that while the damage was being surveyed, a strange discovery was made several hours north of the town she was in. The earthquake had uncovered a mine. Interesting news, but Ayero had no intentions of heading back into the mountains to check it out.

Several days later, Ayero noticed an unusual amount of people clambering around the town’s job board. Curious to see what all the fuss was about, Ayero wove her way to the front and squinted at the job posting that seemed to be gathering all of the attention. So someone is interested in exploring that old mine? Arching a brow, Ayero reached out to snatch the flyer from the board, ignoring the glares from those around her. Hm. Pay’s well. Couldn’t hurt, I am running a bit low on coin…

Ayero had practically retraced her steps back up the mountain, noting how she had passed the area the mine had been discovered in only a few days before. Even though it was the same place, the earthquake had taken its toll on the area and it looked very different in some parts. She worked quickly, wary of aftershocks when in such a sensitive area, knowing that a mine probably wasn’t the best place to be in this situation. It had taken a bit of effort to get inside such a small opening, but the mine itself widened out after several hundred feet.

The Fanalis woman held up a torch to the wall, noting the rich deposits of different types of ore as she walked along. Kabu slithered a few feet in front of her, the black snake on the lookout for anything unfriendly that they might come across. This place is lousy with rocks. Ayero turned and held up her torch to the other side of the cave, sweeping the fire’s light along the wall and humming in approval. While she had passable knowledge on common weapon materials, she didn’t know much about the where those materials came from. Luckily the man who had explained the job to her explained to her what kind of minerals she would see, if any, based on the geology of the area.

Satisfied that she had gleaned enough information from her little excursion, Ayero clicked her tongue for Kabu and turned to head out of the mine.

[575/500]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum