You are not connected. Please login or register

Let the Test Begin! [Job chain-Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

The day had finally come. Bahir stood on the top level of a tavern in the heart of Remano, looking down at the lobby below him. There was a rowdy crowd of men and women that filled the place. The fanalis couldn't help but grin as he recognized this rowdy group as his potential agents. All of the men and women from Remano naturally gravitated towards themselves, while the group from Portsmouth did the same. The only thing Bahir didn't like about the situation, was that they had yet to notice him. The tavern was cleared out by a "royal edict." Bahir would have to explain to Lagi the situation later as to why he may receive some complaint, but he figured he would deal with that later. This was of the utmost importance right now.

The assassin sighed and finally decided to walk down the steps to welcome the men and women who actually showed up. Bahir was a little impressed with the number. Twenty, huh? The whole group from Portsmouth is here... so that means five people from Remano changed their minds. Good. Less work for me. Bahir mused as he made his way to the bar of the tavern. Once he was there, he turned to face the audience before him. The rogues of Reim were in front of him... and he couldn't be happier. The very thought of these people being trained by him was surprisingly thrilling.

Bahir smiled at the people and cleared his throat, "So you've decided to show. I see there are some from Remano that backed out, huh? No matter. I don't want anyone who doesn't want to fully commit themselves. Over the next few days, I'll have you running tasks for me: scouting the borders of the city, finding counter-agents, and delivering covert messages. This will be your test. If you can fulfill all of my requirements for you, I will begin training you in the skills of the assassin and improving your ability to spy on others. If you fail... I will toss you out back on the streets, and if you breathe a word of this to anyone, I will end your life personally." Bahir looked out at the prospective spies and could see a bit of fearing creeping into their eyes... except for one. It was the same fanalis from Portsmouth. This time, the fanalis wasn't cloaked and her face could be seen. It was a young woman, around Bahir's age it seemed. ...Interesting. Is she calling my bluff? He thought to himself as she narrowed her eyes at him. Bahir, like a true master, decided to play it cool and continue with the explanation.

"This is how its going to work. You will be split into five groups of four. Whichever group is the most successful will all earn their way. The remaining groups, if you succeed, will have to battle each other. I will only be taking ten of you. So drink and enjoy yourselves tonight. In the morning, I will place you into the groups. Get to know each other now, while you have the chance." With that, Bahir turned and proceeded to return to his room upstairs. Time to see what you all are made of...
Word Count: 548/1000

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

The next day came quickly. Bahir was outside of the rooms of the team leaders before the sun was able to peek into the new day. He used the disguise, an ability he picked up in his exploits, to have himself look completely different. For the first three teams, he was a Reimian soldier. He knocked on the doors and handed them letters from "The Shadow." He would leave each of the rooms with a comment about Bahir turning them in to the Palace Guards, using this as an intricate cover. He grinned as he could hear the murmurs of the men and women speculating if it was true or not from their rooms.

The last two groups, however, received a special disguise. He waited an hour or two from delivering the messages to the first three groups, knowing that they would spread the word to the others out of fear or disbelief. When he finally decided to deliver their assignment, he went dressed as a high ranked guard of the Remano palace. He adjusted his helmet and decorative pins before he knocked on the door of the rooms. When the leaders of the group finally answered, they froze and turned a pale blue. Bahir's now brown eyes stared down into the very souls of the men and narrowed. "Are you all here accompanied by a fanalis that goes by the name 'The Shadow'?" Thankfully the last two rooms were asked at different times.

One of the room leaders quickly shook their head no. Bahir tilted his head and pressed on: "Are you sure? He sent me to come here and deliver an assignment for you." The leader and the others in the room acted as though they had no idea what the man was talking about. When Bahir refused to leave and stared them down, they rushed out of the room, sprinting and running off in different directions. The fanalis never saw those five people again. The other room, however, even when put under the same pressure, remained in their room. Bahir grinned and handed the group their assignment. "I hope you all succeed."

The night was quickly coming and it was time for the groups to report back. The fanalis sat with his back against the bar and his eyes closed, waiting patiently. The bartender was behind him, cleaning his glasses and mugs and preparing for the rowdy group that was there earlier in the day. Bahir, unlike the bartender, knew that there wouldn't be nearly as many people as there were before. How many less? He wasn't too sure. He did know that there would be at least five of them that would not be showing up, though. He watched them bail with his own eyes.

It wasn't long before the first group came back. The leader of the group was the young fanalis woman that had seemed to call Bahir's bluff before. This girl... she may be worth her metal afterall. He thought to himself. One more group came through the door ten minutes later. Well.. they'll be competing against whoever else comes through the door. He thought as he welcomed them in. He waited a few more minutes, but no more people came. I guess this was it. He thought as he got up to go and secure the doors of the tavern. Once the door was locked and secure, he would return to the bar so that he could address his new pupils.

"Well. It looks like the eight of you are the only ones who made it. So we get it out of the way, I was the man who delivered your assignments this morning. My disguised appearance was to put you through your actual test. I didn't care about your tasks... just that you were loyal to me and trusted my word. You eight are the only ones who put your faith in me... and in return: I shall put mine in you. Starting tomorrow I will train you. You will become stronger, faster, and with time more cunning than you are now. We will work together to ensure no treacheries are becoming the streets and town of Reim. You eight, will by my shadows."

The look of relief washed over all of the people that were in front of him. They were instantly celebrating and Bahir could only smile. The night continued with Bahir and the eight shadows drinking, singing, conversing, and celebrating. They were beginning their process by bonding with the head fanalis. The next day, their training would begin and they would be the new age of Reimian spies.
Word Count: 1327/1000

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum