You are not connected. Please login or register

Damage with Coordinated attacks...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Alright, so... I thought of something a few minutes ago. I know there was a thing about "unison/combo attacks" before, but I took it a step further. How would the damage be calculated for some of these attack coordinations? Will both ranks just combine? (D+D=C) or something else?

I figure they'd combine when either both of the attacks hit at the same time or they were combined before impact. Ex1: Magician A uses hydro pump into the opponents back while Magician B uses flamethrower into the opponents front. (B+B=A Damage); and Ex2 Magician A uses hydro pump, while Magician B uses a heat spell to turn the stream from standard pressurized water to scalding pressurized water.

But say if Magician B fired a fireball at Magician A who lost his wand and his buddy, let's call him Magician C, uses another heat spell to cause the fireball to expand and combust right as it nears Magician B. Would he only be dealt the damage from Magician C?

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

If 2 magicians work together willingly mixing their spells for new effects/higher damage (which may be under the scrutiny of staff if a player doesn't think it's right) then it would work as you've said. Now, for your logic example at the end, this is what I have:

Magician B sends fireball at Magician A.
Magician C expands fireball as it nears Magician B.
Would he only be dealt damage from Magician C.

Now, I don't know why Magician B is sending the fireball back at himself, so I'll assume you meant it's going close to Magician A. When 2 magicians clash spells against one another, the stronger spell wins. So in this case, either his spell would over power yours and hit Magician A by clashing rules, your spells cancel each other out, or your spell overpowers theirs and deals damage based on what it does as per the clashing rules.

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Garret would this also work with what we sometimes spoke about on skype say a melee tech that had 5 strikes and then say a tool provided a coating around me that has fine spikes that deal B tier damage ?

Would deal B tier + D tier ?

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The damage listed on the tool would be the damage dealt.

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ariella Negri wrote:The damage listed on the tool would be the damage dealt.

if it was a layered tool however wouldn't that massively boost the damage of a d tier attack though ?

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

see above answer... at that point, the tool would be a weapon, of sorts, so you are not doing a basic punch, you are using a weapon or tool to enhance the punch... therefor, it would do the damage listed on the weapon/tool, it would not stack with the damage from your fist as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum