You are not connected. Please login or register

Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] Empty Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] 14/11/14, 01:47 am

Zachariah

Zachariah
C-Tier
C-Tier

It would be a few days after the little underground competition that he'd had in a fighting ring. Unfortunately, Zachariah hadn't managed to catch wind of old man Obediah since that run-in with him back whenever thugs were chasing the delivery girl. However, the word in the underground had gotten around, that there was a new face in the fighting rings. What gets around comes around, and eventually even the guards had brought Zachariah in for questioning. He was from the slums, but he wasn't dressed like it, and once they'd gotten that much out of him, they started accusing him of cleaning merchants out.

When he'd started defending himself, the guards, high up as they are, would disbelieve him and think it was the lies of a slumdog like the rest of the thieves. Propaganda from the upper class to push hate onto the lower class. However, Zachariah was a man full of life, and he managed to diplomatically reduce the hostility, and instead of being given jail time for false charges, he was charged with figuring out who was cleaning out the merchants in the market district. If he could do that, they would pay him the current bounty, and some extra for putting him through so much trouble.

211/1000

2Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] Empty Re: Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] 14/11/14, 12:17 pm

Zachariah

Zachariah
C-Tier
C-Tier

As he would be sent out to search for the thieves, Zachariah felt quite a deal of anger due to his utter mistreatment, simply for having a name in the slums. He would huff a bit, but his task was simple. All he needed to do was find some thieves who have been cleaning out vendors. Thusly he would reach the slums once more. It was a bit of a stretch, and even made him feel like a hypocrite, but Zachariah felt like they'd be hiding in the slums. Definitely not out in the open though, but people in the slums knew things about people in the slums.

319/1000

3Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] Empty Re: Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] 14/11/14, 12:30 pm

Zachariah

Zachariah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Zachariah would simply find a man who sat in the corner of the slum with a coin cup out for begging. Dropping a small jewel into the cup, he would sit down in front of the man with a smile. "Hello there, I think you might know something I need to know," he would say. The homeless beggar would lift his cup gently, and peer inside before his eyes widened. "What is it you need to know?" the beggar would ask with a hush-hush tone of voice. Zachariah would attain a smirk upon his face, "Oh nothing much. I was just wondering if you had any ideas where the thief responsible for the vendor robberies are located."

The beggar would get this look on his face that spoke his words before even he did, "Is that all?" Then the beggar would sit back and pat gently on the wall of brick behind him. "They're hiding out here. They've been bribing me to keep my mouth shut when guards came questioning. It was tough but I did it. Though they didn't pay me the promised sum afterwards," the beggar spoke. Zachariah would smile and nod kurtly. "Alright then, so you won't mind if I take them for their bounty?" he would ask aloud. "Have at them. They're loud and annoying anyways. Oh, but a word of warning. It ain't one. It's five." Zachariah would nod again, a more serious look on his face as he would start to walk around to the front door.

572/1000

4Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] Empty Re: Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] 14/11/14, 12:44 pm

Zachariah

Zachariah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Upon reaching the door, Zachariah would unsheathe he sword and simply knock on the door. The person opening the door was shocked, clad in all black clothing, with a dagger and a short sword on his left and right hip respectively. Peering back, his partners in crime all followed suit, and with the massive mountains of loot just hanging around... Well... Zachariah knew he'd found the right place. "Why so shocked? It's just your reckoning," he would say. "B-but! You're supposed to take the fall for us and we could finally pay for the transport over and the Eye of Ra would finally start up in Heliohapt!" Zachariah would furrow his eyebrows, saying "Oh? Is that all?" before stabbing the man in the chest with his blade.

699/1000

5Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] Empty Re: Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] 14/11/14, 12:52 pm

Zachariah

Zachariah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Zachariah would notice the man took the blow from his blade, and proceeded to roundhouse kick him aside, finishing the job. "He was pretty durable. Maybe if you guys follow suit, I'll break a sweat," he would say, taunting them. As a pair of them charged him at once, he would begin to pirouette with violent speeds. They would stop with a questioning look in their eyes as to what he was doing before realizing that he was approaching them just a bit too late as he would crash his blade down upon one of them with a mighty, "Swallowtail!" The man would flop backwards and hit the ground. The rest of them would surround him.

815/1000

6Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] Empty Re: Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] 14/11/14, 01:00 pm

Zachariah

Zachariah
C-Tier
C-Tier

There he was, surrounded. Zachariah had seen this before, though all of the gang members were a bit more durable than previous generations of thieves, and their knives were probably more dangerous. "Man, nobody messes with the Black Fingers Gang!" one would shout. All three of them would attack him at one time, striking in with their knives. Zachariah would suddenly be up and above their heads. He had little room to work with. As they would all over extend themselves, Zachariah seized advantage and fell down to kick yet another in the head, using the man as a cushion while he fell down low and sliced at the other two with one long sweep.

930/1000

7Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] Empty Re: Of Rats and Men [Job/Solo] 14/11/14, 01:08 pm

Zachariah

Zachariah
C-Tier
C-Tier

The one beneath him groans with discomfort as Zachariah would stand back up. The memoriless man would quickly finish the job, slicing the man who was on the ground while he simultaneously whipped his foot around to hit both of the other two thieves in the face. They were all downed and on the ground now not moving anywhere. "Alright, I've had my fill for being framed," he would say, "I'm getting the guards." A few minutes after he would leave the small building, he would return with guards. The lot of them were taken away to the jail house to be sentenced, and Zachariah would receive his pay from the guard. It was a nice sum, and he would be leaving the guard tower when all he could think was, "The Eye of Ra... huh?"

1066/1000
Complete

End...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum