You are not connected. Please login or register

A special audience with the king. [Lagi/Invite]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lance Knighthunter

Lance Knighthunter
β-Tier
β-Tier

Lance walked into the castle in Reim and was immediately stopped by guard who looked a bit nervous. Maybe they were new to the job, he didn't know and he didn't care. His eyes gleamed a bit as he wore a dark smirk "Let me through..." he muttered in a low tone as the guards sensed something about him and slowly back away before he caused any trouble.

When inside he advanced to the throne room were he casually walked into the doors and spoke to anyone who would hear him "Your guards at the front... They need to be trained better." He said with a chuckle "All I did was ask them to let me in and they simply moved." he said scratching the back of his head. He would play the nice guy act for now until it was time to turn.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi had three beautiful woman beside his throne, each of them had a specific task. One of them was pouring him wine, another was reading a script of the important duties that he had to fulfill today. The last girl was giving him a small neck massage, though it was starting to annoy Orie, so he had to tell her to stop for a moment. However, all of the good and tedious times of the kin had to be put on hold; there was someone that’s seemed to have the audacity to simply walk inside the palace of kings at his own leisure. “That’s a bit disappointing; the security around here should have more backbone. “Lagi would finish the last of his wine with one gulp as he gestures the female secretary to stop talking for a brief moment. “Brave traveler, it's with the utmost respect to retain courtesy when meeting with royalty. Bowing, greeting me by name and acknowledging my title, or simply not saying things that could irk my nerves. “ Lagi looks over to the wine pourer and she proceeds to pour a bit of wine in Lagi’s goblet. “Thank you my dear…” Lagi then turns over to the man who seemingly walked inside with such confidence. “Did you think that I would be defenseless? OR even better yet, spineless to hide behind my guards all the time? Traveler, state your business….”

Lance Knighthunter

Lance Knighthunter
β-Tier
β-Tier

Lance smiled at the king "He's not half bad..." Lance thought to himself as he played along and bowed to the king "I am sorry for my rudeness your majesty." he said in a quiet tone as he stood up "As you said I am a traveler so I can really call you by your name as this whole place is new to me." he lied through his pretty smile. He hoped he was being convincing enough to fool him.

He smirked "My business... I want to build something on this land and I can here to ask your permission your magnificence." he said in a warm and respectful tone. He kept a close eye on the king and focused hard trying to see what color those bird things were around him. He had been seeing a lot of them and after studying them he learned that it told a person about how they felt about certain things. The kings birds? Black. This color made Lance smile "Perfect..." he thought to himself.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“It’s just a formality…” A few of the guard would come in as they surround Lance, but Lagi would raise his hand for them to stop. “It’s ok, this man has spunk if he thinks he could simply walk in without any repercussions. At the very least, travelers from another land should be shown a specific level of respect. Guards, dismissed…….” Lagi was somewhat calm; maybe it was because of the wine that he was drinking. However, he didn’t know what to expect from the mysterious traveler that stood before him. “Everything goes through the united council that greatly influences reim decisions if this is something that could change the outlook of my country. Speaking to me personally was not the right course of action, you would have to put the patent in writing, and it would have to be sent to the lower bottom as it makes its way up. However, i can probably allow a fruit stall or something that reflects upon your personal skills that you decide to capitalize on as a business. Unless…. This is something that needs to be said to me directly…” Lagi took a sip of his wine and looked at his secretary. She switched to another paper pad, prepared to write. “Where do you hail from, what is your name…and what do you want to build in my country?”

Lance Knighthunter

Lance Knighthunter
β-Tier
β-Tier

Lance gripped his staff when the guards surrounded him and slowly took it off and rested when the king told them to back off. He stared at the guards with an eye twitch as they were dismissed. He couldn't let himself get to out of hand here.

Lance listened to the stuff about the United Council but in the end he shook his head "I want to build a building... a tower of some sort... It doesn't have to be a large building.." he said as he pulled a paper out of his pocket and handed it to the king. The paper had a picture of a small square building with a tower on the roof.

Lance backed away and returned to the floor were he was standing before. He decided to ignore the kings other questions until now "My name is Lance Knighthunter and I was born in-" he cut off for a second and shook while his eyes twitched a bit "B-Balbadd..." he muttered quietly as the memories of his childhood of slavery came back to him. He pulled gripped his left arm to avoid his sleeve from coming up and reviling the cuff marks left on them.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The secretary met Lance half way to retrieve the paper; she didn’t want him going any closer to the king. After retrieving the paper, she brought it back to lagi for her to red. “Well, this is definitely a structure to behold. IT looks kind of like a cathedral. “Lagi took notice to the man when he mentioned where he was, it almost looked as if the individual started to cringe after simply mentioning his hometown. However, bad memories tend to plague the best of us. “Let’s try this again, what is this building? What are you trying to achieve here?

Lance Knighthunter

Lance Knighthunter
β-Tier
β-Tier

Lance nodded "The building... is a church type thing..." he said with a bit of a sigh "You see I have these Orphans back in Reim and I take care of them." He said with a warm smile at the ground "They think of me as a god..." he said as he clenched his fist "I just want to build one single church... a place were I can live while I am in Reim as well. Please, I am just a lone traveler." he said with a fake scared tone. Part of this statement was true as he did come alone but the lie was his tone.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi raised an eyebrow, and there was plenty of things that he wanted to say about this. He didn’t know what it was, but something wasn’t clicking with Lagi when he continued his interaction with this man. “Lance Knighthunter…..” Lagi would say after giving Lance his undivided attention, even though his eyes were somewhat lowered as Lagi sat in his chair. “I don’t think that you are telling me anything viable, which is why this conversation is going on loner than you would have hoped without the results that you want. Even if your intentions aren’t exactly looked upon in a positive light among other people, the point is that your emotions about it are genuine.  Not to say that they aren’t, I’m not psychic, I’m just not sold. “Lagi took a sip of his wine and continued. “ The word orphan does not sit too well with me, because orphans shouldn’t exist in Reim. It describes one that lacks support, supervision, and care. Reim is full of strong and proud people,  and I’m practically pushing the budget along with other capable and intelligent comrades to create programs and free benefits so that they could succeed. Orphans are also used to describe people that lack a family. Those were your choice of words, but the word orphan is an illusion in my kingdom,  because the people of Reim treat each other as family. “

Those were strong words from the king; one would think that the wine was getting to him. However, he believed this to an extent. “Tread carefully; you wanted to build a church for the orphans because they see you as a god. I see your staff, are you a magician perhaps? Did you sway them with your parlor tricks? Why a church of all things? Why not an orphanage? Are you here to start a religion with you at the pinnacle as a new god in this world? Something so played out and contemporary, don’t you know that even gods can die? If you wanted a place to stay, you could have stayed in an inn. “Lagi was going to make Lance work for this; he doesn’t bend so easily as stupidly as some would think.

“Religion is a powerful tool that can be used to sway people, to sway nations. The citizens of Reim have the freedom to express whatever religion they practice at their own discretion. Even public demonstrations are allowed as long as it lacks all violent activity and the content doesn’t provide any incentives of betraying me and the kingdom. Making a church is a big step, because as king, I’m putting special attention into your religion over everyone else’s. It creates publicity, and it might not be the good king.  Lance Knighthunter, native of my country, what are your intentions? What are you trying to achieve here? This is your last chance to convince me, so don’t hold back. But don’t take me for a fool either. Explain to me why this church, your apparent attempts of starting something, why should this stand above all other religions? Is is because you truly believe that you are  god? An icon to the people, my people….more than me? Convince me to build this church with your conviction and will, or get out. That is your only option.”

Lance Knighthunter

Lance Knighthunter
β-Tier
β-Tier

Lance listened to the kings words with his eye twitching a little at the talk about Orphans. Once the king was done talking to him "The Orphans HAD no family." he said with a bit a anger in his voice "They were left alone in an abandoned warehouse with no one to take care of them until I came along and fixed that. They are like family to me..." he said with clenched fists. Something had overcame him just them but he decided to shake it off "My point is: Orphans may not exist in Reim but they do in Heliohapt. As do slaves." he said quietly.

Now that the Orphan subject was cleared out he examined his staff that was given to him by his friend. He nodded "I also noted that you noticed that I am a mage and indeed I am." he said as he held his staff to his side "However, no magic was needed to sway the kids. They think of me as a god because in their time of need I was the only one who would come to their protection." The words he spoke were true but he was still acting nice for the sake of getting what he wanted. "I do not see myself as a god but more of a helper of the people."

He moved onto the subject about his intentions smoothly "My Intentions are simple and that is to make a religion were all races and all people can live in peace. They would worship me as god, but I cant really do anything about that." He was getting tired of playing the nice guy but if he could just hold up a little longer he would either walk out with the rights to a church or walk out empty handed. "I do not see myself as a more powerful Icon than you though my king." he finished with the same thing he said before "Again, I do not see myself as a god."

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“Ahh….. well….. Here is what I’m going to do. You have two choices right now. Even though Reim citizens aren’t all that upbeat about religion here, I do promote free practice of anyone’s individual religion. I could create a monastery of free practice, which could be a building that the people of Reim could go to and practice whatever they want. Travelers can go and spend the night , etc…” Lagi then takes a small sip of his wine and continued. “Two, you could buy property. If you would like to have this built with your own expenses you would have to detail the intentions of the complex and its intended use in writing. That building will be subjected to basic tax and the like, but whatever goes on there is none of my concern as long as you aren’t breaking any laws or promoting mutiny. There is a third option, it corresponds with my desires.”

Lagi would pause for a moment before continuing. “All this talk of fate and the reason why things happen because it’s your destiny, I despise it. I believe in fair opportunities, I believe in creating your own destiny. Promotions towards the practice of believing in your own abilities, your own capabilities of creating a future for yourself is a proactive movement that I would allow in my kingdom. However, there will be no god to worship in this, nor the people promoting this will allow themselves to be seen as such. A religion without the religion, a way of life that thrives on merit instead of divine favor. “ Lagi would then cross his legs and make a simple gesture. “But I digress, the choice is yours. Your fake demeanor doesn’t sit too well with me, I would rather a person be more real and upfront, while holding their respect intact. I can’t stand to surround myself with pretenders, but I admire your passion when you spoke so strongly about the orphans. Perhaps that’s the real you? I want to see more of that…”

Lance Knighthunter

Lance Knighthunter
β-Tier
β-Tier

Lances eyes narrowed "Alright then, I see you have seen through my fake attitude..." he muttered as he closed his eyes "There are reasons I spoke like that about the Orphans..." he muttered as he turned and looked up "Reim, this country. Slave free, free to practice religion.." he muttered as he shook his head "What you dream of doing here... that's all it is a dream..." he muttered with a new found bitter tone "There will never be a world without slaves..." he said lowly as he shook his head "I of all other people should know that... trust me I have tired to make that world a reality and it wont work..." he said as he turned to face the king again "I dont doubt your ability as king but I am saying that no matter how hard you try the people will revolt one day..." he muttered as he shook his head trying to hold back tears.

He took a deep breath to gain back his composure then got back on topic "On the topic of the church... Please allow me to build it and if you have to, talk to the counsel about it." he said "My religion does not support Slavery or Orphans, in fact we dont like them and we will try to find them a home or try to free them." he said boldly.

He felt like how he snapped on the king that that ruined his chances of making the church. He really hoped not.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

There it is, there is the true side I hoping to see. “Lagi would say as he clapped his hands, definitely amused towards the comments that was made by Lance. He was impressed; Lagi longed to meet a man that had a fire in his heart like he did. “You misunderstand me, my dreams might extend in length but Reim is my top priority. For fate to have its way, a dream will always remain a dream. But a chance to make that dream a reality, that is the true world that I hope for. Nothing preordained or predetermined, I seek to grasp the true concept of free will, my own ideal on what free will is. It will happen for Reim, but the rest of the world is a big job. However, I respect your ambition, so I will speak to the council in order see if such a church shod be allowed to be buit. IT supports the functions of wanting slavery to end, along with the fact that I outlawed it. Such believer that would visit your church would be the likes of former slaves that were freed by the bill or that I had to single-handedly released, much in your favor if you truly believe in such a noble cause. Denounce your godly outlook among the children, represent yourself as an icon geared towards his never ending missionary advances against slavery and orphans, and I will speak to the council on your behalf. “ Lagi would say as he took a deep breath. “As fate would have it, would such a king even allow you to talk to them in such a way. Another person would have booted you from the room, but I’m different. I’m giving you a chance in order to see what you could do with it. You claimed that what I am trying to do will always remain as a dream, I want you to prove your statements wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum