You are not connected. Please login or register

Fresh Produce-tivity[Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fresh Produce-tivity[Job/Solo] Empty Fresh Produce-tivity[Job/Solo] 06/10/14, 08:52 pm

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

Job Name: Mhmmm, Fruits!
Job Rank: D
Job Location: Reim
Job Rewards: 3,000 Huang + 50 Exp
Job Overview: Everyone loves fruits! They are healthy, delicious and...hard to get? You will start out your day normally and maybe enter the market place where you meet a merchant. This merchant will ask you for help. He has a big food plantation not far away from here but he has no one to gather all the fruits from there! Could you do that for him? Of course he will reward you generously! And you can have some fruits for free as well. (Make sure you get at least 4 different kinds of fruits for him!)

In the few days since Liber's return to Reim he'd found himself fortunate enough to find lodging and food through the hospitality of kind souls. But the young man's pride would not stand for living off the good will of others indefinitely, so he decided to spend today searching both for a place to sleep as well as a way to earn his next meal. This search would take Liber to the marketplace thinking that of all the merchants and busy customers there must be at least one or two who needed an extra strong pair of arms to get through their daily work.

Morning dew was still sweet on the cool autumn air as Liber began his search. Unfortunately he didn't have any luck during the first few hours of sunlight. Fishmongers, tailors, and roadside chefs alike saw no need to hire a fanalis. Some seemed fearful of Liber's blazing red hair, others by the way his maroon eyes seemed to glow in the right light, but then again perhaps some simply turned him down because there was a lack of work to be done. But due diligence paid off and at last Liber spotted a man who looked like he could use a hand....

~206/500 Word Count~

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

An elderly farmer wiped sweat from his brow before struggling to lift a basket of fresh produce from his cart onto his roadside stand. The old codger looked like he was about to break his back from the strain until Liber's hands swiftly moved to lift the basket for him. "Here, let me help you with that." the fanalis said in a kind voice as he slowly took the basket from a reluctant to accept pair of withered hands and hefted it onto the market stand. "Sorry for the trouble kid, my old bones aren't what they used to be. Took me all day ta' pick these fruits and I've still got half a harvest to gather tomorrow. Shame I won't be able to sell it all today when most folk get paid." The old man rubbed the back of his neck and cracked it a couple times before readying himself to grab another basket.

Liber grinned as he saw an opportunity and he moved to take the next basket before the man could even lay hands on it. "It's no trouble, sir. I'm happy to help." One by one, Liber moved the baskets from the cart and set them down on the market stand allowing the old man time to rest. When the job was done, Liber nodded and smiled at the man. "There, that should do it! My name is Liber, I'm looking for work so if you or anyone you know needs help let me know."

The farmer smiled back and shot Liber a glance with knowing eyes, "That explains why you'd help a poor old man like myself, eh? Well, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same when I was your age. Alright kid, if you can go bring me another four baskets full of different fruits from my plantation before the day is out, I'll give you some honest pay." Liber's eyes lit up and he took the man's hands, "It'd be my pleasure! Thank you for the chance!" The famer chuckled and replied, "Don't thank me yet! It's hard work ya' know. Feel free to take some for yourself if you get hungry. I doubt you'll be back before lunch time.

~500+/500 Word Count~

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

After getting some basic directions from the man, Liber led the man driven cart himself to the plantation which wasn't too far from the city gates. There he found an impressive field that the old man couldn't possibly work on his own but apparently had done so with efficiency over the years. The first basket Liber filled with Grapes fresh from the vines. Rather than pull each individual grape from its stalk, Liber simply took whole bundles of them and pulled them from the vines. The next basket was to be filled with Apples from a single mighty tree that had a bountiful number of the crisp fruits. Having not had breakfast at all, Liber bit into one of the apples and took a short five minute break to enjoy the wind and sun on his skin.

The fanalis filled his second basket with the apples and grabbed the third before moving towards the Figs for harvest. By the time noon had arrived, Liber was already on his fourth and final basket and took to climbing palm-like trees to collect Dates as the final fruit he needed before completing the old farmer's request. Using his fanalis feet to carry him swiftly, Liber arrived back at the market place just in time to catch the old man sitting down for a lunch break. The farmer looked at Liber in disbelief as the fanalis grinned with a cart full of fruit behind him. "Well I'll be, you made it by lunch after all." Impressed with Liber's fine work, the farmer gave him a fair wage for the work and threw in a sack full of fruit to sweeten the deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum