You are not connected. Please login or register

Just Another Day~ [Training;Private/Yakuroro]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was just another day as Zadi Medmar lay in a conveniently shaped palm tree. And by conveniently shaped, I mean the tree was curved like a hammock which Zadi could properly rest on like a bed or, well, hammock. Anyway, it as a nice day out. The Siren's Beach was the most peaceful place in all of Balbadd, the BEST place to relax and sometimes even meet interesting people who are interested in the so called "sirens" that don't actually exist, hahaha! The leader of Balbadd was such a card. But it was and still is a smart way of keeping people out.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~h. SOOOOOOO peaceful...and quiet...and...yaaaaaaawn! Yeah, nice~"

Nothing could bother Zadi right now, not even another person who wanted to see if there were actually sirens here. That would be funny to see. HOWEVER! Sirens are dangerous...as the myths go, so Zadi doubted that anyone would try and how up, ha! Well, more like...ah man...nobody is going to show up...yeah, like that. Zadi did want someone to show up. It was getting pretty boring being by himself like this...

"Friggin...bored..."

Last edited by Zadi on 02/03/14, 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Among all the tourists and travelers whom made their way through Balbadd, there were a few whom took the Siren's tale a bit too seriously. One such foreign visitor was the northern Imuchakk, Yakuroro. Despite his frigid origin, Yakuroro had arrived from Zou to the east and was on his way north to Magnostadt. Fate saw to throw the Imuchakk's plans into a blender by keeping him stuck in Balbadd until he had enough money to pay for the trip north to the famed Magician's City. Until then, the wandering blue mage was doing odd jobs here and there to save money while investigating any signs of strange magic.

While drinking in a bar, Yakuroro overheard some sailors teasing each other about how the Sirens would get them if they didn't stay away from Siren's Beach. Yakuroro had never heard of this sea creature before and his curiosity thought their "ability to lure men to their deaths with songs" was surely some kind of magic! Interested in the prospects of a new magical discovery, Yakuroro made his way to the beach with his staff in hand. There wasn't much there upon arrival other than the sound of the waves and the resting Zadi, but Yakuroro had yet to notice the latter. Thinking himself alone on the shore, Yakuroro walked up the the edge of the tide and shouted at the top of his lungs, "Ooooooooooooooi! Sirens!" Yaku held his hands to his mouth as he yelled and scanned the horizon with his eyes looking for any sign of mysterious signing women.

It had appeared...As if summoned by Zadi's thoughts, Yakuroro was now walking the shoreline calling out for water sea monsters as if the Sirens were a lost pet. What a comically oblivious fool!

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was a peaceful day and Zadi was just about to fall asleep to the melody of the breeze, honking of the gulls, and slight washing of the waves across the beach named after myth...perhaps a myth. Nobody really knows. Must have started somewhere, right? Anyway, Zadi was lulling to sleep, calm and relaxed as he always was, not bothered by the echoing of the seagulls in his ears of the washing of the waves as they hit a few rocks here and there. The conveniently curved palm tree was just right for a comfortable nap in the middle of the day, sun high in the sky, sparkling through Zadi's shutting eyelids. Everything was so quie-"Ooooooooooooooi! Sirens!"

"WAAAAAAAAAAH! ARM YOURSELVES! THE FORT IS UNDER ATTACK!!!"

Zadi was suddenly jolted to the ground by a surprisingly loud yelling. Was it an actual siren that had made Zadi fall out of the palm tree's arms and crashed onto the sandy beach with a loud thud behind some bushes? Nope...just some loud Imuchakk Magician. But Zadi didn't know that. He legitimately thought he was attack by a siren rather than just being shocked and stupidly falling out of the palm tree to the ground only a few feet below him.

"Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! Sirens are attacking me! Stay back, stay back! Back, back I say! YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!"

Zadi was tossing and turning within the bushes that he accidentally fell into on his way down from the palm tree. After eventually getting out of the entanglement, Zadi stood up with his hair all over the place with leave and twigs sticking out every which way and gathered Rukh into pure force, launching it into the direction of the sound! Since the beach wasn't very large and the water ws close, it must have been something like...I don't know, maybe 5-10 meters away? If not, then Zadi was in trouble...IF there were actual sirens attacking him...

Tech(s):

(OOC: Because this is a training thread, it has been mutually agreed that Zadi and Yaku both have an unlimited amount of magoi/stamina in this topic. Just a heads up for anyone reading)

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Indeed, at a glance, Yakuroro's beautiful long locks, flowing elegant robes, and androgynous facial structure could all combine to form the appearance of a Siren on the coast. Yaku heard the panicked shouts behind hims and paused his search for Sirens, "Hmm? What's this all abo-" The Imuchakk turned slowly just in time to see a flash of black rukh energy speed towards him. It all happened so fast, Yakuroro hardly even realized that his attacker had used magic. Because he turned his face right into the spell, all of its force impacted right on the Imuchakk's left cheek. It was like getting punched in the face by a rock and sent the giant into a sway that would have lead to a fall had he not taken a step to catch himself. Yakuroro held a hand up to his throbbing cheek is it began to swell and the taste of blood flowed into his mouth from cuts the magical blow had caused on the inside of his cheek.

When Yakuroro's vision stopped shaking a few seconds later, he focused his blue eyes on the direction the attack had come from. When he saw a human with staff in hand, Yakuroro realized that whatever had struck him before must have been some new type of magic! Yakuroro began to get excited as this was his first time meeting a magician who used anything other than water magic. For all Yakuroro knew, he would only ever be able to learn Water and Ice magic, albeit he personally hoped otherwise. This excitement was suppressed with cool logical reasoning as Yakuroro considered the situation. His "attacker" looked to be just as confused and distressed as Yakuroro felt. Seeing this, he realized that this was a perfect opportunity to turn the situation in his favor. Yakuroro wanted to learn more about that strange black magic, so he was play the part of a villain for the sake of drawing out more.

"BEHOLD! I am the Siren's Champion! A King of the sea to vanquish those who would trespass on their beach!" Yakuroro shouted as he spread his hands and rose his staff in the air casting a clairvoyance spell. It was going to storm a few days from now so the result of the spell would be a swirling vortex of water surrounding the head of Yakuroro's staff. While this had no effect aside from a visual appearance, it would look intimidating enough that it should encourage more magic to fly from the stranger's staff.

Spoiler:

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Stuff was getting real with sirens attacking, Zadi getting scared and shocked in to attacking back...and the siren's champion making a personal appearance on behalf of the sirens! This was getting too real to be a myth! I'm freakin out!!! It was getting dark in the skies. Maybe it was the Champion's powers!? This was getting too dangerous for Zadi to be scared. He needed to get serious if he wanted to stay living in this grand world...with sirens that would come after him no matter how well he did her...at least that's what he was thinking.

"You...have...got...to...be...kidding...me...I'm screwed..."

Zadi was in so much shock at the recent events going on at this point in time on the Siren's Beach. The rain also seemed very thick and full of charisma as it didn't even seem to show a sign of stopping anytime soon. This has to have been the magic of the Champion that stood epically in front of Zadi...oh yeah, he was pretty friggin huge for what Zadi imagined to be a siren...but he was their champion after all.

"Alright then...um...darn it...HAVE AT THEE SEA SCUM!"

With that brutish phrase, Zadi was ready to take charge. He did slightly hit the Champion on the cheek, so maybe he wasn't that great after all? Yeah, it was much worse. But Zadi didn't know any better. Zadi started to concentrate Rukh underneath his feet and then converted them into pure force! He then started using his Rush spell, in turn jumping 10 meters diagonally into the air, the halfway point being 5 meters between him and the Champion. Zadi, while airborne, gathered Rukh and converted them into pure force around his Gawking Heron staff, which is his Blunt spell to be precise! If things went alright, then he would end up right in front of the Champion, slaming down with his Blunt spell!

Tech(s):

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yakuroro couldn't contain his smile as his eyes watched the black magician and waited for him to work his magic. For now, it would seem that Zadi was buying Yaku's act to one degree or another. At one point he looked to be dreading the notion of combat, but in time Zadi appeared to have found his resolve. The Imuchakk's blue eyes watched in wonder as black rukh gathered at the human's feet allowing Zadi to leap into the air with incredible force! Yakuroro's smile turned to a grin as his eyes remained wide open lest he blink and miss a single second of the stranger's magic.

Unable to forget his survival instincts, Yakuroro performed a spell in attempt to counter the air born target. As Zadi reached the halfway point of his jump Yaku's own spell was let loose, "Calling Waters!" At the sound of the Siren Champion's words, water would gather from the atmosphere forming a ball of water around the airborne black magician in attempt to stop his attack. But as the blue water formed around Zadi, more black rukh covered the head of his staff and amplified its strength allowing him to blast the water away sending it raining down onto the beach. The blunt attack would follow though obliterating Yakuroro's own magic and continue down towards him. The blue mage would bare get his staff up in time to block the impact of the strength empowered blow using his Wisdom Horn staff. The force would almost knock Yakuroro back, but he took a rearward step and lowered his center of gravity to support himself.

The blocking the attack had made the Imuchakk grit his teeth, but once it was neutralized his expression softened into a rather friendly smile. Earnest blue eyes that lacked any malice or killing intent would meet Zadi's own purple orbs after their staffs clashed. White rukh would flutter briefly from both magicians during this exchange as if to mark the fated nature of their meeting. "Hey, that was a pretty strong attack for a human. It wouldn't have anything to do with all that black magic, would it?" The Imuchakk asked with a sly grin before jumping backwards away from Zadi for one meter before pointing Wisdom Horn towards the black mage's chest. "Stubborn Current!" Water formed from the atmosphere and the rain to surround the head of Yaku's staff before erupting forth as a powerful high pressure stream. The blasting stream of water would blow turn to follow Zadi if he dodged so long as he was within 10m of Yakuroro. If it hit him it would be able to push him back at least 5 meters, however there was no hard surface for him to be thrown against so aside from getting soaked, the attack wouldn't really deal any damage to the black mage.

Yakuroro chuckled a hearty laugh after casting his spell and ending it prematurely rather than continuing the spray. He was rather enjoying himself as this was his first magic battle ever and it was turning out to be rather fun!

Spoiler:

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Things are getting exciting in this battle of Siren Champion and Black Magician! There's a swing to the left. A swing to the right! Oh and he's knocked out! Just kidding! Anyway, seriously, the fight was getting exciting. Zadi had almost gotten a hit on the Champion, but was block by a tough staff that the Champion was holding. After landing and things settled for a couple of seconds, Zadi noticed a slight shimmer in the air. It was fight. Kind of looked like small birds...Rukh!? Na! Zadi Medmar, though a Magician, had never actually physically seen a Rukh. Though it was a nice sight for a second there. However, the Rukh are known for keeping destiny in check. Perhaps this encounter between the two magic users was fate? Then again, everything is meant to happen the way it is. Can't actually go off course now can you? Then the Champion commented and asked a question. It was probably rhetorical though, but Zadi didn't know, again, 'any better'.

"Wait, what!?"

Then there was a burst of concentrated water being shot at Zadi. It was, unfortunately for Zadi, VERY close. However, like all Magicians, there was the passive defense called Borg. Yet again unfortunately...it shattered, only halving the impact of the stream of water. Zadi didn't have time to react, so he was hit straight on with bruising and cutting damage to his whole body...like one large fist to every square inch of his body. It was painful to say the least, but slightly bearable...sort of. The hit knocked Zadi back 5 meters before it stopped and gave Zadi some breathing room...after he stopped wheezing and coughing. Due to the impact, his staff was sent flying out of Zadi's grip about a meter next to him. It seemed undamaged, probably due to the Blunt spell, however, that spell seemed to have faded after Zadi let go of the staff. Same with the Rush spell. Zadi got up as best he could while trying to keep an eye out for the Champion.

"Man...that friggin hurt. So what now? You going to finish me off?"

Zadi paused a little...but then dove for his staff in an adrenaline induced state, lessening the pain from all the bruises he sustained. He got his staff, gather Rukh, converted to pure force, and shot a stream of energy towards the Champion standing a little over eight feet tall! It was a desperate attempt to say the least, but it could help even the odds...but then again, with the size and power this Champion of the Sirens was radiating form his physical appearance, it was hard to say if this would do any damage if it even hit.

Techs:

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yakuroro smiled at the downed Magician as he dove for his staff. Yakuroro wasn't very fast, but even he could tell those movements meant an attack was coming. Yaku rose his own borg and a sturdy shell of magoi formed in time to block the  blast of strength magic. Black energy smashed against golden light only to dissipate leaving only a few cracks. As Zadi's desperate attack failed the "Siren's Champion" stepped forward ominously, his large Imuchakk frame standing like and imposing mountain on the beach. The giant walked right up to Zadi and then sat down in front of him while setting his staff on sand beside himself. "You serious? That was a lie. I've never seen a Siren in my life before. I'm Yakuroro from the Imuchakk to the north. You're a magician right? The shield of light proves it!" Yakuroro's excited smile and friendly tone would make it hard to see him as an enemy or anyone with ill intent. He just really wanted to learn more about this new kind of magic.

"I am sorry for tricking you, but you did attack me first. How about we exchange a bit of knowledge on magic so there can be no hard feelings between us!" Yakuroro thought for a moment and thought that he recognized some of the commands Zadi had been using in his spells to resemble that of his own flight spell. "As a show of good faith, I'll share first! Gravity Lift!" Yaku grinned as he began to float off the ground and flew upwards at a speed of 5m/s. While in the air Yakuroro began doing circles in the air to show that he had full control of his movement. "So how about it, want to learn?"

Spoiler:

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi missed his attack, blinked, rubbed his eyes from being sore, and then crawled backwards when seeing his opponent, the Siren's Champion...blocking the sun! Well, actually, Zadi looked around and saw that it was only due to the large "thing's" size. He then sat down and told Zadi that he wasn't a siren nor their Champion. Zadi felt so ashamed after the Imuchakk Yakuroro explained the situation.

"Oh man. Hey sorry about attacking you. I was half asleep when I felt out of that palm tree other there. I fell out and was shocked, so I, upon instinct, attacked. Sorry about your cheek...but hey, my name is Zadi Medmar, and I am a human, hahaha!"

Zadi was glad to hear that Yakuroro was only a fellow magician, however, what was an Imuchakk? Maybe that explained his height, so Zadi didn't worry too much about WHAT he was, but more WHO he was. Is he a magician as well? Probably is, Zadi did think 'fellow magician' when he felt revealed. Maybe Zadi had his head on straight for once, ha! After getting up, Zadi started to explain more about himself.

"Why yes! I am a magician! Though my light shield isn't anything near yours it seems. And what do you mean by Grav- Wait what!? How are you doing that!?!?"

With more shock coming his way, Zadi noticed that Yakuroro was legitimately flying around! No wires, no tricks...though magic is sort of a trick...and no invisible structure to keep him in so high in the air! Zadi sat back and watched as the blue haired Imuchakk flew around with ease, not showing any signs of letting up.

"Incredible...and your willing to teach me!? Thanks! However...I'm not sure what I could teach you..."

291/500 - Gravity Lift, Stage 1

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yakuroro laughed at how simple of a matter Zadi seemed to think learning flight magic was! After all it had taken him months to finally figure it out. But Yakuroro did not know that gravity magic was a sub-magic of strength magic. Unaware that the spell would actually be something Zadi could learn quite easily, the Imuchakk landed and posed whilst boasting, "I'm sure that you could think of something in the time it'll take you to learn gravity magic. After all, I learned it on my own without a teacher and it only took me two weeks to master!" He lied of course, but it was a harmless lie right? Yakuroro went on to begin explaining the basics behind the spell.

"You need to send your magoi to the rukh that control gravity and then order them to lift you up by changing the direction of your personal gravity. It's like...falling through the sky in the direction you want to go." The giant of a man nodded to himself thinking his explanation good enough. From there he turned around and gazed out to the sea whilst the black magician behind him quickly mastered a spell of his own type with ease.

Oblivious to how fast Zadi would be able to complete the beginnings of a flight spell, Yakuroro began to talk about how he thought it was a tough magic to master and went on and on about how hard he had to train before he could use it. Over the course of the training, Yaku would speak of many odd challenges he had set for himself such as floating over flocks of penguins and racing random sea birds. By the time Yakuroro finally turned around, Zadi would likely be floating of the ground already. If this were the case, the Imuchakk would simply stare in shock. So much for being a "difficult spell" let alone one that would take a black magician over a month to master.

((Don't worry about teaching Yaku anything. I'll have him change your end of the bargain to "fund" their trip to Magnostadt. You wont have to actually pay any huang though. It'll just be fore plot reasons.))

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Gravity uh? Zadi thought it would be tough to learn how to fly, but it seemed just like how his Push and Burst spells worked. Also how jumping worked. Well...sort of how jumping worked. All Zadi would need to do is tel the Rukh to shift the gravity towards whatever he favored. However, feeling the Rukh of Gravity would be tough, so before he did anything, Zadi picked up a handful of sand and watched it drop. While Yakuroro started to explain how he had many difficulties in learning how to master manipulating gravity, Zadi was slowly repeating the task of dropping sand.

Eventually, Zadi could literally feel the Rukh that controlled the gravity. They felt very familiar to the Rukh of Strength! This would be easy! Yakuroro may have had a hard time because he didn't spend three years learning how Strength Magic worked, hahaha! Technically it took Zadi a longer time to think of how this spell even worked than did for Yakuroro. Zadi ordered the Rukh around him to manipulate the gravity to his favor. In turn, Zadi lifted himself from the ground at 5 m/s and ended up 10 meters above the sand below his feet. It felt so liberating!

"Hey Yakuroro! Thanks for the advice! I think I got the hang of it, hahaha!"

Zadi then circled in a small 1 meter diameter circle just behind Yakuroro, getting the hang of feeling the Rukh do their magic! Zadi Medmar the Black Magician had finally gotten a new spell to call...well, slight his own. It felt nice to fly. Much like a bird probably, but rather using the wings of the Rukh than one's own wings.

more than 500/500 words! - Gravity Lift, Stage 1 Trained~

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Eeeeeeeeeeh!? How did you master it so quickly!?" Ignorant of the way magic type affinities worked, Yakuroro looked at Zadi in a new light. "This human must be a genius at magic!" Yaku thought to himself as he smiled and nodded as he came to a decision. "Instead of teaching me a spell, I have a better idea. For teaching you how to fly, you must accompany me to Magnostadt and pay the fee for our ship. When we arrive I plan on joining the magic academy to learn more about these powers we were born with. If you want to learn more about magic too, then you should join as well! What do you say?" The Imuchakk held out his hand to the black mage hoping he would accept and seal the deal.

If Zadi accepted Yaku's offer then the training would end there and together the would be able to begin planning the trip to the magician's city.

~Exit~

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Awe man, seriously? At least I got something out of something like...500 Huang? Hahaha! Well, this also gives me a reason to stop clinging to my old home here in Balbadd. I could also get out and do some real adventuring in this grand world! Yeah! I'll do it! I just...I just gotta figure out how to land without hrting myself...hold on...I thi- WAAAH!!!"

After hearing Yakuroro's proposal, Zadi quickly agreed and tried to figure out how to land properly. It would be tough, but he would...never mind. Zadi just face-planted into the sand about 1 meter short of the ground. At least it was soft sand rather than hard dirt. Zadi got up, wiped his face clean including his hair, and grasped a hold of Yakuroro's HUGE hand in acceptance of his offer to go on an adventure to a place called Magnostadt...a place said to be filled with magic~

"Let's get going friend!"

[EXIT]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum