You are not connected. Please login or register

Crystal Training [Private/Training]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Another day, another headache. That's just the way Zadi's head thinks. Too many plans he wishes to complete. Too many goals he wishes to reach. Just too many things to worry about at the same time. Fortunately, Zadi did have an outlet, though this outlet sometimes just made Zadi's head hurt more later due to the opening of more possible plans and goals; the outlet being training in the arcane arts. The more spells Zadi learned to cast combined with the variety of magics that he is capable of using after said training, the more openings he finds within the world around him. Just one spell, such as an illusion related spell, opens up greater chances of slipping out of dangerous situations while also gaining greater skill in the arts of stealth and trickery. Point is, more training equals more headaches.

A new day and Zadi wanted to use his outlet in order to study his wand which he obtained from Bifrons, the dungeon that seemed to be related to crystal formations. Not ice crystals, otherwise those serpents wouldn't have scorched Zadi the way they did. No, the crystal formations seemed to be some form of compressed earth. How it worked was a mystery to Zadi, but he did know the wand had something to do with what little he knew. You see, the wand that Zadi obtained is special, even for a medium for magic. In and of itself, without the help of another magician, the wand has an embedded magic type associated with it which allows Zadi to cast spells which he would normally be unable to cast by himself. One such example is the creation of crystal formations within a certain distance from Zadi. Neat stuff, but they don't seem to have a distinct purpose aside from bouncing light every which way.

Anyway, Zadi studied the crystals in order to unlock the potential to use more spells or at least manipulate these existing formations. All that Zadi needed to figure out was the magic type, or in this case "types", associated with the wand. So far he knew of Strength magic. In order to use the earth, Strength magic was used. Life magic could also be used in an indirect manner, but it wasn't likely. Zadi tried to mimic using only Strength magic in order to create crystal formations without the help of the wand, aside from being a medium, but the crystals didn't condense properly. They looked like crystals but were unable to bend light. Just goes to show that Strength magic isn't as versatile as Zadi once thought. However, Zadi did learn that Strength magic was definitely used. All that was left was to figure out what other element was used in order to cause the dirt and earth to form a proper crystalline structure. Zadi being as "clever" as he eventually figured out that heat was used in order to compressed and rearrange the earth's structure into that of a crystal structure. Zadi remembered the great heat he felt while in Bifrons and made the connection.

512/1,500 - S.S.C.C.N. Spell Training

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Having made the connection between Crystal Magic, Strength Magic, and Heat Magic, Zadi was finally able to grasp his wand's natural element and therefore properly practice using its ability. However, that was easier said than done. Crystal Magic is a combination magic that Zadi is unable to cast on his own making actual practice with the magic that much more difficult. Fortunately, Zadi could naturally use Strength Magic already making the feel of the rukh that much more familiar. Still difficult yet less difficult.

Anyway, Zadi attempted to practice using his wand's ability of creating crystal formations that bent light. The crystal formations were weak and rather useless on their own but good for understanding the process of Crystal Magic in terms of "rukh flow". Zadi feeds his rukh into the wand and the wand spits out the Crystal Magic for Zadi, adding what is necessary to complete whatever Cyrstal spell he so desires...or is at least capable of casting. Not much to do but keep casting the crystal formations and see if he is able to alter them in some way. Sharper? Faster? Tougher? Generally more destructive? Decorative? Perhaps Zadi wasn't thinking about this all too clearly. He needed to mix his goals into the combination, change, and see if he could find a way to "change" the crystal formations in such a way that they...exploded? Simply the first thought that came to mind for little old Zadi. Rather twisted mind these days, but it wasn't all that terrible of an idea for the crystals to explode. The only question left in Zadi's mind was how to pull it off? Heat Magic can naturally explode, but with the added pressure of Strength Magic, Zadi was at a loss. However, Zadi then thought of an oven. If not built properly, they have a tendency to build up pressure due to the heat within them. However, Zadi didn't know if ovens eve exploded. The stone used was never perfectly airtight, not to mention the opening at the top to let out smoke. However, Zadi felt he was on the right track.

Having thought of a spell to cast on the crystal formations, Zadi now just needed to think of a way to explode the crystals into a cloud of debris and shrapnel. That's right, Zadi was able to further his idea into something dangerous AND destructive. Again though, Zadi had no idea how to pull it off. Pressure was something that Zadi thought would help, but altering the individuals types of magic within Crystal Magic seemed rather impossible, to be blunt. Crystal Magic, after all, wasn't something that Zadi was able to cast by himself. However, Zadi would keep trying until he finally got it, but it would take time. More than just a day of meditation underneath the hot sun. No, he needed a few weeks to pull off a magic type that he was unfamiliar with.

1,001/1,500

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

After a few weeks of eating, breathing, some sleeping, and basically anything else that constitutes basic living, Zadi has finally awakened the power of the Pointed Prism! Another spell to use! Now all he had to do was put it to relatively good use. Whether that was for destruction or creation - well, the spell involved blowing up a structure of magoi-constructed crystals therefore only destruction, but the point stands; with imagination and ingenuity, anything is possible with an explosion of shards and burning debris! At least to Zadi, the possibly and more than likely, mentally ill, overly simple, maniacal "genius", so to speak.

"I wonder what my parents would think of me if I succumb to insanity? Wait, I don't wonder. I know that would love me all the same. That is why they died saving me..."

Zadi's dry eyes seemingly shed a tear in thought of his deceased parents. However, that supposed tear wasn't of remorse or regret over having "gone off the deep end" simply to figure out how a simple little wand worked. No, it was a possible tear related to being utterly tired. You know, like when you yawn and your eyes start to water-up a little. Zadi's eyes being dry and all from the lack of sleep and overexpose to the small, shard, dust, and debris filled explosions generated through use of his new spell, the tiny amount of water that did gather from a single yawn erupting from Zadi's drooping mouth only survived a second before being absorbed by Zadi's eyes, or at least the eyes that almost shed the tear.

"Damn I'm tired. Better get some sleep if I want to change this world and sty sane doing so. Though, I don't think I've ever read anything in the Magnostadt library that involved a world-changing event caused by a person that kept said person sane towards the end of their life. Oh well, I need to stop talking to myself all the same."

Zadi's ironically tireless rambling did nothing to stave of his sleep deprivation. Upon finishing his sentence, Zadi cast his S.S.C.C.R.N. (Some Sort of Crystal Related Name) one last time on the remaining crystalline structure left within his little room, making sure to decrease the overall power of the spell to that of a little puff of smoke. However, the puff of smoke did not show weakness within his spell. Rather, it showed a grand mastery of his Pointed Prism, the magic wand obtained from Bifrons' dungeon! Zadi's efforts to create at least one Crystal Magic spell genuinely paid off. The risk of going insane from the overuse of magic and super tedious repetition of said use of magic gave back an overwhelming amount of knowledge about how magic within over objects works, much like with Zadi's sword and it's embedded gem. However, the single magic type within the Ruby proved to be simpler to learn and take an enormously shorter amount of time to master than did the Crystal Magic combination of Strength and Heat.

1,500+/1,500 words - Training Complete

Tech(s) Trained:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum