Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Silva Kaida
@Silva Kaida

While Silva was quick to leave, Seimei lingered behind for a short moment before he followed behind.

The path led them both to the grand bridge. A destination that neither of them would be prepared for. Not even Seimei, who had lived for years with one of the most powerful beings to exist in their world, had experienced anything like the monster looming over them. What he had seen as he reached the top was not something the samurai spoke aloud. It screamed out in his demeanor. A tall, stout man; now appeared to be so much smaller as he fell to his knees. His gilded eyes pinned themselves to the ground, palms laid flat upon its surface.

Even if Silva had made the attempt to go back for him, to lift him across the expanse, he would find it hopeless. With each step, the bridge seemed to become longer. When he would think himself closer to his golden-haired comrade or the glistening magic of the castle gates, he could not get closer.

Intense heat billowed around him as the dragon breathed his flames. His knuckles and lips dried and split, blood beading from raw cuts. It seemed the gruesome visions of his brother, Manami, and the others were the only thing he couldn’t run from. Seconds passed and those horrors seemed to appear nearer. From the corpse of his beloved Manami does her hand raise up, clutching at his leg with a weak grasp. She looks up at him, once beautiful eyes burnt clean from their sockets.

“Silva…” Her voice rasped, quiet as a whisper yet audible to him as though she spoke into his mind. “Stay with me..?”

Another hand reached up, pulling on his wrist.

“... Don’t leave us…”

More fingers caught onto his clothes, around his flesh. Faces of those he knew, strangers of young and old surrounded him. All burnt and robbed of sight. Their skin coarse like tree bark, stinking of corpses.

At the edge of the summit road, Seimei had just sunk further down to the earth. Smaller and smaller as he wept in silent anguish.

Menat
@Menat

The vines reach his maw but are futile in their attempt to snap his jaw closed. All it had done was narrow the scorching flames until the plant matter disintegrated into a crisp of ashes.

As his mouth opened wide once more, Menat would find it licking at her heels as she made the valiant attempt to move from it. The unbearable heat seemed to sap at the moisture in the air and even her flora. Her bark began to splinter and whatever green plant matter she had began to shrivel and brown.

But before the flames could reach her, his jaw snapped shut and it seemed as though he was even smiling. The ethanol pouring over his head from the Khiimori burst before it even made contact with his impervious veil. Then, Oragann possessed a booming laughter that thundered out into the scalding air. A terrible vibrato that caused even the mountain to tremble.

“A beitas parumdh obradolis bè ormmihi?”

His massive hand reaches up, closing into a fist over the Khiimori. It bursts into cosmic flames that burst out of the seams of his digits. Oragann then slinked down to get his face closer to the Meridian princess, blackened teeth bared in malicious content. Star filled fire puffed out from between the rows of them.

“Spes est dòcha ahn.”

Combat Notes:

Enemy:

Zana & Zion
@Zana @Zion

The woman cocked a brow at the sudden transformation that overtook Zion but said nothing. If at all, her lip curled with the slightest tinge of disgust. Some of the others in their group took it upon themselves to inch closer. Some in awe, others in confusion. Most of them had never seen a dungeon beast before. Let alone a creature with that amount of tails.

“If you want to fight that… thing — do it far from us. I’ve seen what it can do,” she tells Zion, further disdain leaking out into the nastiness of her tone. “Hitting it with weapons is no use and spells are useless against it. You can disable parts of its shroud with pure magoi but that just pisses it off.”

She shakes her head and sighs, looking up towards the summit where the darkness loomed. Her voice softer, carried in a murmur on the stale wind that blew through the trees.

“I don’t plan on losing more men. We get up there and we get across that bridge at all costs.”

As she began to lead the expedition up the mountain, she said  something that only the keenest of ears would catch:

“I’m going to find that Magi and I’m going to kill her for what she’s done.”

Saint Germain
@Saint Germain

It was not long until Kaguya found the game suited to begin. Toward the end, she rushed through the rest of the numbers in her impatience. Her thirst for blood grew into a visceral excitement that seeped into her bones — their bones. Something drastic changed about her and from the eagerness her thoughts broadcasted to the hivemind:

They knew the hunt had begun and with her connection to them, it did not take her long to find their location.

Through their noses, the Saint Germain began to smell the boiling earth. As Kaguya neared, she began slamming her claws into the molten liquid in feeble attempts. Their hands began to blister with agonizing pain as though the flesh were being peeled off their bones as she did so.

Come out, come out wherever you are…

Her song seemed to boom out from behind them, muffled by the dirt, yet still rung clear in their minds, creating a cascade of chaotic vocalizations.

... Come out!

The pain would travel up their left arm as Kaguya reached deeper into the liquid, attempting to grasp onto their tail end with a hand much larger than she should have had.

It was clearest then that the Draglann had transformed. A draconic creature; massive in length alone and covered in stark white fur scorched black from the flames that ignited it with a long fox-like snout. Large, red orbs opened from the sides of her head, peering through the opening of dripping magma and earth that she created.

Ghost
@Ghost

With the boulder lifted in place, the flames seared into the other side of its surface until the stone began to melt. It remained intact until the creature latched onto it, assaulting it with futile gnaws and slashes with its talons. Soon after, the rock had taken enough beating to fracture apart. However, this bought Ghost enough time to create distance before charging in once more on his horse.

The metal steed then kicked at the dragon, sending it into a crater formed from the impact it created as it hit the earth. With a direct blow like that, the she-dragon then dissipated into a plume of screaming rukh.

Alongside her, the valuable stash once belonging to it that he had stuffed his pockets with would too disappear save for the most precious one of all. Still nestled in his arms, the scarlet egg grew warmer to the touch. As though it had acknowledged his triumph against its kin.

In light of it all, the witch king was clear to continue his journey toward the summit where the Gate awaited him.

Combat Notes:

Emperor Jaja
@Emperor Jaja

The djinn remained silent at his king’s inquiries, stoic to the swiftness of his decision.

Venus held the foal in her lap, face buried in its auburn mane with tear-filled eyes as she stared back at her second-mother. Watching as the woman gathered her strength. Rhea smiled down at her. A reassurance that, if at all anything, it would be okay. Even so, the young fanalis looked to her father for something more. If she had ever doubted any of his decisions, it was now.

The Corvus woman bit the nail of her thumb, focused hard upon the visage of Venus. The woman had been every bit as much of a mother to the girl than Diana did. Her hands delivered her into this world and every waking hour since then did she avow herself to her protection.

“There is nothing you ask of me that I have not already sworn myself to.”

The princess shook her head in further defiance and wiped her dampened eyes on her sleeves. Her little fingers balled so tight until her bronzed knuckles turned pale. “Mister? Please don't hurt Rhea,” she spoke up, voice wavering as she frowned. Wise words not of her own repeat from her mouth without understanding:

”Mama said... if we forget who we are, we cease to be.”

She leaned down to give the foal one last embrace. The beast relaxes into her, innocent in its acceptance of her affections. Her intentions pure until her arms tighten around its neck.

Crunch.

Something changed in her expression. An emptiness blacked out all the innocence in her eyes and her trembling lip stilled. It was a unnatural detachment raised in Corvus children. Jahangir would have seen it in the others. But not yet his own child. Thin white legs kick, labored breaths lulling softer in weak-willed whinnies. Blood dribbles out its mouth. It gurgles, choking on its own ichor. Rhea steps forward, hand reaching out to stop her, but Venus tried again.

Crack.

Its limbs twitch, then stop. Gremory kneels beside the child, placing his hand on the back of her neck. Tighter, she held onto the creature until all she could do was embrace herself as it separated into not viscera — but a light that enveloped the princess with a soft glow. “You are strong, Venus, but this was not your decision to make,” he tells her, and something within the girl snaps back when Rhea falls to her knees before her.

"Rhea!"

The fanalis woman clasps at her neck, a sharp gasp ripping from her lungs as rukh of strength magic began to swarm. It consumed her. Larger that shadow grew until it was a mass of pure strength. The deafening hum of magic stifled the agonized bellows she cried out and rebreaking of bone as her form shifted.

"What did you do?! You hurt her! I said don't hurt Rhea!"

In her rage, Venus turns to hit Gremory, screaming in a tantrum of frustration. Angrier than she had ever been before. Such unbridled rage had been one of the worst traits she had inherited from her grandfather, as did her mother before her. What the young Corvus had done was in vain and as her blows slipped through his corporeal form, she pounded her fists into the ground. Wild with streams of tears, she glared at the djinn and at her father as she spat words she did not mean.

"I hate you, mister! And I hate you, papa! This is your fault!"

When it was all over, Rhea laid weary in the dirt — changed forevermore from the proud fanalis she once was into a beast not unlike Pluto. And in the climax of all the chaos, Venus had decided to run; leaving but remnants of footprints in her wake as she escaped into the forest. Rhea tried to claw herself after the child but couldn't muster the strength.

Gremory, fading, stood once more, brushed off his robes and faced his king once more. The metal vessel upon Jahangir’s head begun to feel lighter as the rukh of his djinn began to return to it.

“Know what lies before you is but a mere test. There are no ends to the trials he will force you to endure before this is over. I will not be able to help you overcome them with the power I have granted you. As much as I wish not to admit it, he might not be strong in the flesh, but Malphas is a much more powerful magician than I.”

Into the rukh and forth toward the crown he passed on. Just like it had been all those years ago. Unto his king’s ears only did the last of his voice carry:

“Seek the little one at the summit to which she has fled before her childish tantrum leads her to a place of no return.”

NPC Obtained: Rhea Corvus:

Scene Notes:

NOTE:

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

It seemed that the elderly teacher had just injured himself for nothing as the visions did not even weaken a bit. Normally an extreme stimulus like stabbing yourself would clear the mind a bit and help fight the Illusions that one saw. This proved not to be the case. This was apparently not a type of illusion one could overcome with a clear mind and determination. Perhaps he should just give in?

The visions of his manami was soon joined by visions of others, strangers. At lease they were strangers of the face, but he knew their bodies all too well. One missing there legs, the next with a slit throat, another with a deep hole in their chest. These were all people that he had murdered in his previous profession as an assassin. Hundreds that would drag him down into hell. Such as he deserved.

He has tried to forget his past and become a tool for good but it would not erase the stains on his soul. He would sigh as he picks up the talking corpse of manami, kissing her forehead. "If you all want me i shall join your company." He spoke before letting the hands grab and pull him down.

This was an illusion he was sure but there was a chance, a small chance he was already dead and that this was in fact happening. He was not a hero that was capable of amazing feats or saving kingdoms or even those he loves. He was just a coward trying to run from a past he wished to forget. This was his atonement, serving those that he killed in the next life. He was submitting to them.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Dammit, she’s way too fast…" Muttering curses under her breath, Teresa could hear Kaguya closing in but felt safe knowing that they were underground. Well, she had felt safe until a giant hand broke through the magma-filled hole where the Dracolisk had burrowed, draconic and larger than the Dormshan had previously shown, "The chances of our survival have decreased to around 32%, ourself…" "Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Delta! Shit, how the hell do we get out of this one. Ah, how much longer until the assimilation would usually work?" "It would normally be five minutes - but ten or even fifteen if the subject does not fully accept us." "Then we’ve gotta to stall for five, ten, fifteen minutes…" "If it would increase our chances of success by 10-20%, I could offer myself and fulfil the condition for our victory?" Hearing him speak with such a lack of concern for his own survival broke something within Teresa’s heart, her head whipping back so that Delta could see the anger behind her eyes, reddened with the Dracolisk’s magic, "Don’t you dare talk like that in front of me! I swear that I’m not gonna let you die, okay? Never gonna have that happen on my watch again..." As he looked back in shock and confusion, Delta watched as Teresa released the current Dracolisk, turning back to release a crossbow bolt at Kaguya’s arm, before activating the Dracolisk again and burrowing straight downwards away from the transformed Dormshan.

140/160 magoi

Dracolisk Bolter:

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Stupid. It was the only word echoing around in Menat's mind as she watched her vines wither and crumble away from the heat of the dragon's maw before ever getting the chance to wrap around his mouth. She managed to skid out of the way enough to avoid becoming completely torched but her luck wasn't that amazing. Her left arm, the one she had been using the produce her vines that she had tried to snap the dragon's jaw shut with, had ignited in a violent blaze at this point. The Meridian Princess actually froze up as she watched the growing blaze that was her limb thanks to the overwhelming influence on the fear and hopelessness she had believed to have swallowed down deep before charging at the creature.

She had never feared fire and changing into a plant based being hadn't changed her mind that fire wasn't something she ever needed to fear. Now she was on the other side of that mentality. With a panicked scream that echoed down into the yawning chasm the smoke that had produced the dragon before her Menat made a drastic, and somewhat overdramatic, motion of removing her Mother Thorn from her back and taking the blade to slice off her arm at the shoulder. She had sacrificed many limbs prior to this incident, a number of them lost in the attempts to subdue Aadav in fact, and the return to familiarity seemed to help her get a grip back on her out of control fears as she turned her attention back to her Khiimori and it's attempts to leap into action and explode into a rain of corrosive alcohol in the dragon's face.

The greater beast didn't grant it the chance as a massive draconic hand swallowed the Khiimori in its fist, crushing the mystical beast like a piece of fruit that streamed the fermented juices from between its fingers. Menat felt that pit of hopelessness opening up below her once more as she realized she was anything but equipped for dealing with this obstruction. Her fears returned as the sense and realization that she would die here on this island overflowed from within and swallowed all her other fears that now felt so pointless and irrational. That was, however, until the creature had begun to speak to her.

Menat had to blink and focus, forcibly pulling herself out of that sea of fear and despair as she focused on the dragon's face. Once more words came from it but, like the first statement it had made, she hadn't understood its words. She blinked again, looking dead-on at the smirking behemoth as wisps of cosmos puffed from between the blackened teeth now at level with her body.

"Y-You can talk?!?!?"

Her reaction was loud and immediate as the obviousness slapped her in the face harder than the beast's physical hand could. That word bubbled back from the sea of darkness within her. 'Stupid'. "Of course you can talk! I'm so stupid! I always do this! Every time there's something that looks super strong and challenging in my path I jump right at it with everything I've got!" She berated herself as she began pacing, wallowing in her own stupidity as her eyes began to fill with tears. "I'm such a horrible excuse for a Princess." With her Mother Thorn still in her hand she took the backside of her fist and smacked it repeatedly against the center of her forehead, muttering the word stupid over and over as she berated herself for her rash actions. For anyone else this wouldn't have mattered but to her it was a reminder of her encounter with Aadav and how she had chosen to move for eliminating his threat immediately rather than attempting to talk things out diplomatically. That reminder brought back the haunting visage of Aadav's head in her hands once she separated it from his shoulders.

"You can understand me right? Can you speak this language? Cause I don't understand what you're saying." She turned her attention back towards the dragon, wanting to turn away from those haunting memories and put them at her back. Even if she knew it would only last for a short while before those ghosts reappeared to haunt her once more. "I'm sorry I tried to explode my Khiimori in your face like that." She really hoped this could be settled with communication rather than having to face such an obsticle that she knew she would never be able to overcome otherwise.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The fox chuckled as he watched Zana's cowardice shine through even as magic bolstered his confidence. Only the confidence in being able to sneak by the great dragon seemed to be enhanced. Shaking his head, the Storm Kitsune activated a tempest of winds around him and extended one of his fluffy tails out only for his flowing locks to grow rapidly. The tail hair became 30m long and presented itself for the others to hop on for a ride. "If getting past hastily is the goal, then I think I can be of service. Anyone unafraid of flying at high speeds, hop on and I'll ferry us across!" Zion declared proudly as he floated off the ground and waited for anyone else to take him up on his offer.

Zion would then fly forwards with a loud burst of winds carrying him past the running Zana trying to pick the fellow magician up by the back of his collar. "Hahaha! Flying is the only way to travel! Hold on tight!" The word of warning would come before the Kitsune kicked off the winds and exploded forwards at top speed attempting to fly past the great beast and speed towards the gate. As they neared the gloomy behemoth its domineering aura clashed with the encouraging magic that surged through Zion's spirit. Visions of his nemesis, Klien assaulted his mind's eye. The sinister magician stood over Zion's home where the bodies of his mentor and companions were strewn about. But the hands of his father and Casvallion were felt upon his shoulder. Visions too, illusions all the same. Yet somehow it brought him comfort and focus. Focus on the gate ahead so he could deliver this group of explorers and would be conqueror's to the dungeon.

Magoi: 420/420
Stamina: 260/280

Trait & Ability:

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ghost was now in a prayer stance as he offered his condolences to the now beyond

The Faye was over well so it seems.
Ghost was now walking away as it was all over to him.
As he held the dragon egg on his right shoulder. As he walked away he would simply say. " You baka you could have been great if only you let yourself be. I truly do hope you find your peace in the flow of the great Rukh.
Ghost was sad about this outcome but it was what it was.  
As he left off he would now be heading toward the gate or at least he hoped he was. But little did he know he would still be needed. But he wasn't feeling much like a hero today he felt like a person who just took a life.
That now was a sad case for him.

But every time he looked up he did in fact take a life albeit by defence but still. Could it be they were just protecting their homes and he was the invader? Could it be he was the slayer of heroes? These thoughts enter his head so much that he did not even realize that he made it to the bridge. But what did he see yet another monster of sorts? But did Ghost truly feel like fighting? Did he really feel like.....well a hero.

Notes
Ghost has made it to the bridge with the dragon egg in hand.

The monster ability is starting to take effect
It has made Ghost question his heart as a hero.

Name: The Nisean Horse
Tier: A-tier
Type: Magic Artifact, Metal Horse
Magic Type: Metal
Appearance: This is a 3 meter height and 5 meters long made out of what appears to be a various assortment of metal that was twisted and melded to form a beautiful sculpture of a noble steed.
Function:
Shah’s steed: For 20 magoi to activate | 10 to sustain, the steed comes to life moving at A-tier speeds and able to deal A-tier damage with its hooves.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Unicorns, spectral and en masse sped across the bridge. Only an unriddled mind could see a child was among them. Tanned skin and long, silver hair paired with an indigo gaze set with intent upon the gate. Those that had been there and recent arrivals would see them, feeling a faint sense of peace as their spectral forms passed through.

Yet even that, in the presence of such a godly tyrant, was fleeting.

Hopelessness was a terrible affliction, growing ever stronger the longer one loitered in this place. Even unbridled fear seemed to pale in comparison. After all, what is there to be frightened of if all was lost?

Seimei had risen, gilded eyes once full of life now emptied and vacant. What he had seen, what he had experienced — it had taken a toll on him. Yet it seemed what sins that haunted him were buried back behind a wall of steel. Oragann let him pass to his companion but no further. A thick tail now rested against the large doors, barring the entrance. He lifted Silva upright, bearing the weight of the man on his broad shoulders. "C'mon, old man… I got you." While the shades continued to beg with the man to remain with them, Silva would notice that their pull was not so strong and so long as he held onto Seimei, they could not get him so easily.

With all their words spoken, the group had taken up the kitsune’s offer to ride with speed up the mountain path. Even the woman found herself impressed. White rukh, tinted in pink hues fluttered around her. The others began to point them out, teasing her. She cursed them as she buried her blushing face into the soft, silver fur as Zion took them up the path at amazing speeds.

Zana had run off before Zion and his companions could join him. The man would notice his former group rush past him as he climbed the mountain path. When he reached the top, it seemed as though more than just them had already been there.

The scar faced woman, her group of thuggish magicians, and Zion would find themselves near the pair of blonde-haired men. All of them faced the impasse that barred their way into the castle.

She stared at the tail, biting into her thumb until the skin broke. Her full brows scrunched up in frustration. "Shit, shit, shit," she spat. Impatient, paced back and forth. The others couldn't help but stare up at the dragon, whispering amongst themselves about what they could do and rather thankful that the spriggan kept its attention for now.

Oragann lifted himself so that he was staring straight  down at Menat. No longer was the magic much of a threat but it still continued to cause the air to fluctuate around them.

“Such a wretched little twig,” the dragon snarled. Cosmic visions licked around his maw turning the air around the bridge hot, then cold in rapid instances. Back and forth as though the strange magic could not decide what it wanted to be. “Not only are you an abomination in this world,” he growled, scaled lips curling into a wider black-toothed grin, “You are not even worth my breath nor the death it will bring you.”

Another man approached, donned in the full might of his metal vessel. Mixed with the hot-cold of the air was an immense pressure that grew with each second. Little by little, those within its radius without the strength to hold themselves upright would be brought further down to the ground.

That draconic gaze that had been on Menat was no longer. Now, he stared at the winged figure. There was a hum that resonated in his chest, causing the air to tremble. He was amused by his rage, that much was clear.

“Ah… but you, little king, you are in hell. If you sought to be anywhere else, you would not be here.”

He opened his mouth, letting a shining golden dagger fall off his tongue. It hissed as it cooled on the warm stone below. The sound of it hitting the bridge rang out for all to hear. There was no mistaking the object. For not once Jahangir had given it to her had it left his beloved’s side.

“You would forfeit life so soon and forget those who still might live? How selfish.”

Oragann held his scaled palm out, opening his claws one after the other. Black and white rukh alike swirled around each sharpened tip then shot out towards each contender.

“If you desire the power to reverse even death, offer to me that which you hold most dear and I shall let you through. Refuse and live in eternal torment, never for your soul to rejoin those of the dead.”

The rukh that swarmed about each person shifted into their desires for all to see. Tangible objects or even people who seemed just as alive as they would in person. Perhaps relics that were long lost to them or those who had died. Even the futures one dreams of might dance about them within ice crystal shards.

All things too sacred to offer, yet untold power lies before each of them if one would so choose to take it.

“You’ll not say my terms are less than generous.”

Saint Germain
@Saint Germain

In efforts paid off, the bolt enters the arm of the draconic native. It buries itself deep in between the outlines of her scales. Kaguya shrieks in pain and withdraws her arm. Blood, thin and bright red dribbles from the wound. Even the pair would find themselves having paid the price for their actions against a being linked to their own.

But at least the two were now safe from death’s grasp.

Kaguya hadn’t rushed to follow them for reasons not even revealed to Saint Germain. While her thoughts and senses still penetrated through their own, all she had done was wallow in the prospect of a fun game ruined.

While the Draglann did not wander far behind, she did not remain within a range the two could see for long. Even so, she did not hide her presence — continuing  to stalk them like a predator, waiting for the right time to strike. But even when such a time would come, Kaguya would do nothing.

The clock was ticking down. Ten minutes turned to five, then to two. A normal outcome of the pill made for a new Saint Germain to take root in a new vessel, adding to the mass collective of hosts. Though, the essence of the creature found itself unable to find a hold on her mind.

When the clock clicked down to zero, something unexpected would happen.

NOTE:

Enemy:
NOTE:

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

An immense weight appeared almost instantly, forcing Menat to a single knee. She had no idea where it had come from since she was now unable to move beyond what her upper body was able to twist and turn. Once upon a time this sort of pressure wouldn't have been anything she couldn't have simply laughed off but now, especially with the flowing aura of hopelessness the gargantuan dragon was emitting, it was a different story. It made her further realize how the creature's words rang true to the Spriggan Queen. She wasn't supposed to exist. She was an abomination. The days where she had been a normal, typical Fanalis girl had all come to a crashing halt after that damned Magi had given her the fruit that made her into what she now was.

If she had still been her old Fanalis self she would have been able to pick herself right back up from her kneeling position and possibly even slug this overgrown lizard with a clean uppercut while she was at it. Instead she was on her knee, stuck in place with a missing arm that bled no blood. She felt as if she had forced herself to become an outsider to her own family in order to protect their individual images as well as that of the nation her mother spent so many years building. Maybe she should have simply allowed the monster before her to turn her to smoldering cinders like her discarded arm. Maybe she'd have been better off that way. She could reunite with her father the easy way, join Aadav and Jahanvi and become a true part of their family. Her mother and siblings would be able to enjoy their lives as royalty and leaders without her as their dark little secret holding them down.

That was until the rage returned. The dragon went on to monologue about how they would all be allowed to live and gain entrance to the dungeon should they simply offer up to him that which they held most dear as a sacrifice. Images appeared before her in the Rukh that became more and more real as seconds passed. If she hadn't known for certain that her mother and siblings were still back in Meridia she could have sworn it was the lot of them standing directly before her. It had been more than simply her family as well. Gozen, the sell-sword she had hired back in Kina, had appeared as well with a sizable fox sporting yellow and white fur bristling with blue jolts of electricity that came up to the Fanalis woman's waist. One individual stood out above her friends and family however despite the fact she had never seen his face.

Messy crimson hair cut short and left untamed, not unlike how she had kept hers when she was young and had real hair, and a smirking face that just radiated youthful energy. The young man stood beside a wolf of his own with blue-ish grey fur that also seemed to come alive with minor bolts of electricity. The phantom sensation of her stomach dropping confirmed what Menat had known already. This was her father. Clearly he had kept a partner animal of his own that held similar lightning based abilities to those Akane had obtained with her transformation. Just how much were the two of them alike?

Even more so this appearance of her gathered loved ones, as well as the father she so desperately wanted to revive and include in her life, struck a more stunning note for the Meridian Princess. These were the people she held most dear to her. Her friends and family. Her loved ones that she sacrificed even her own happiness for. The dragon before her was requiring that she offer them to him as tribute in order to get through the gate. Her entire body surged and radiated her instant rage towards the beast for even suggesting such a thing. Apparently she wasn't the only one who felt the same as the dragon had turned his attention to whoever had arrived and brought with them the increased weight pressing down on her.

Some seconds passed as she found herself able to stand once more. The field of enhanced gravity seemingly having moved away from her. She wanted to stay here and put the dragon in his place, to end him for his insulting suggestions. But the words spoken above her made that phantom stomach abandon her altogether. Just the mention of the name "Gremory" was more than enough to make her realize someone had arrived in full Djinn equip and was ready to completely obliterate the dragon themselves. The best she could do right now was run. Breaking out into a dash towards the other end of the bridge, aiming to get as close to the gate as she could, the fabric of Jahanvi's Legacy began to glow once more as the magic within the sash came to life. Forming right below her in full gallop was yet another Khiimori that settled her perfectly for the ride. With it's full A-tier speed it raced across the bridge with the aim to outrun whatever extreme magic was about to befall them all, leaping over the dragon's tail and moving out of the way of anything in its path as needed.

Magoi: 260/360
Stamina: 175/175

Notes:

Jahanvi's Legacy:

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he was upon his Steed. He would be at the beginning of the bridge side.
He could see all with his eyes being blessed by the Rukh.
He could hear it as well. But what he could not do and that is feel it's warmth. He missed that so much. Nowadays he felt like a loser who was given a winning hand. He felt as if he had nowhere to go to call home. The voices in his head were something to be alert. They...no it always helped him out.
Right now right here it was no different. As the monster asked everyone what was their desire and are they winning to give it up. That was the only way to pass the gate.
Or at least that is what he thought it meant. A simple smile came upon Ghost as he watched the trio take action.

A weird-looking tree person made haste and got away. They looked pretty banged up as if they were in a life-or-death battle. He even notices that its arm was missing.  But it's a tree it can grow its back.
Then he saw the man with the plan. The only person the Djinn did right to choose, Jaja was his name or something along the line of that. He had fought with him together a few times. But never really introduced himself nor did Jaja do the same. But what was understood did not need to be explained.  But even more so he was able to see this power that Jaja had in full force.
But that left a question of what did he want the most? As he took a deep breath Ghost would give a smile. As nothing appeared before him as the rukh went crazy around him.

Ghost would then state, "What I want is simple and that is a better tomorrow. No fancy palaces no royal house members. Just a place where all can live their lives and not be shame of themselves. But overall a world where the Witches are no more would work perfectly fine. A world where there will be no need for wars anymore-" As he was talking he would look around and then right on top of the steed's head. It was him it was the Imp demon. He tends to ONLY come around. When Ghost enters a Dungeon. As he looked on he would then point to Ghost. As he would then say to him, "So do it....do....it end it all where it began. You are stuck in-between life and death.
Doesn't that just make you happy you know you can't die or even get sick." Ghost would look on as he started to make the steed walk. "No once the point of living if you can't die. I mean who wants to live forever and forever? I got other plans to end things. Well if the great rukh allows me that is."

Soon he would start to walk toward the duo as he would start to think.
"You know at first I wanted to change the world for the better. I always wonder why no one ever tried it. Are they weak or are they not strong enough? Then it hit me, these people are not heroes. They may think they are but no. They are just people who do a good deed here or there but take credit as if they made a great change." As he looked to the Imp he would then say to him. "If you are the dealer then I am out of the game."

As the imp demon looked to Ghost he would say to him.
"That's right keep on waiting for the help that will never come Dolemite..keep.on waiting."  Soon he would start to walk by the duo who is engaged in what he believes to be a dual between hero and villain. As he gave a smile he would say out loud to Jaja...." May the great rukh be ever so kind to you on this day."

Soon Ghost if able would continue on his way. But where even he did not know. Holding on to the egg tightly. But as he looked up he felt a familiar sense in the Rukh

Note
My Magic tool is still in effect.

Name: The Nisean Horse
Tier: A-tier
Type: Magic Artifact, Metal Horse
Magic Type: Metal
Appearance: This is a 3 meter height and 5 meters long made out of what appears to be a various assortment of metal that was twisted and melded to form a beautiful sculpture of a noble steed.
Function:
Shah’s steed: For 20 magoi to activate | 10 to sustain, the steed comes to life moving at A-tier speeds and able to deal A-tier damage with its hooves.

I am under the effect of the monster.
My Artificial tool allows me to bypass The EM

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

As the Kitsune's flight carried him across the bridge he took notice of the various other actors who had arrived there. Each of them seemed to be consumed by their own visions from the imposing aura the great dragon produced. The very rukh here was suffused with the stifling demand that one lose themselves to a primal fear. Even know, Zion could feel that oppressive force gripping at his heart. It would have halted him were he not supported by the warm memory and assurance of those who had shaped him. These warring forces made it hard for him to spare thought to much other than reaching his goal until arriving there only to find the way forward blocked by the beast.

Absentmindedly dropping Zana, Zion was surprised to find there were others here having likewise been stopped in their tracks. To have gotten this far down the bridge, they either had iron wills or likewise had been magically inoculated against the great monster's overbearing presence.  He wondered which was the case as he turned his attention back the way they came in time to see the impassioned warrior shoot upwards towards the heavens. A curious gaze followed the figure up through the clouds and a moment later the golden glow of a gigantic magic circle cut through cracks in the clouds. The fox's smooth features scrunched into a frown as he watched the firmament roil and creak.

The inner battle began to favor the side of fear and despair as its forces rallied around the powerful magic gathering above them. The young magician's eyes were wide and his jaw agape slightly as his instincts ordered his body into a retreat. But not a half step into the act did a voice break into his mind. "Come on Aleppo, don't tell me you wont even try it?" His memory of Caelus said in a mocking tone. "That's right, Swordking! Don't you go tarnishing my reputation as a teacher by turning coward on me." The gruff voice of Breaker chimed in. The memory of his mentor joined Caelus, Casvallion, and Mikael in supporting Zion from behind. Those strong firm hands on his back would not allow him to turn away from this!

Determination settled over Zion's expression and a fire lit up inside him which carried on his voice as he shouted, "Everyone! Gather up!" The command was confident and firm without a trace of that fear from before. Its grip around him was not as strong as the hands of those great men pushing Zion forward as he dove towards the center most point of the crowd where his tails would spread outwards attempting to wrap everyone together. flowing locks would even try to pull the nearby blonde men in closer as the heavens rumbled and the air screeched. The sky began to fall.

The kitsune's tails coiled around whoever he had been able to rope in and wrapped together forming an interwoven 15m diameter dome above them to protect the group from all sides. Magoi surged and a thick golden light began to cover the tails enshrouding those inside with a borg that was unique to Zion. Magoi continued to flow into the tails even as the golden aura fully spread allowing the golden light of magoi to glow brighter. The torrent crashed into them and the borg of golden tails strained under the pressure, cracking from the massive impact. But the cracks were on the outer portion and the thick shell remained intact. Even with the enhanced strength this borg spell granted, Zion still strained against the burden of the rushing waters.

Though it was a short time being drowned, it felt much longer to the kitsune but in time the flood passed. His tails would then bloom open like a lotus flower so he could observe the situation. Would the result be devastation? Or would the efforts made by others carry them to this side? "If the gate is open, run for it! Otherwise, stay close!" Zion shouted as he took in the situation. His golden tails staying nearby and spread out ready to protect the people around him at a moments notice. He only hoped the waters had managed to dislodge the great dragon's tail.

Magoi: 340/420
Stamina: 250/280

Notes:
Trait & Ability:

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

Silva had managed to get up from the mire of bodies that beckoned him. He did not do this of his own will though and would find that Seimi was the one who managed to break though the despair when he could not. He would smile at the Kina man, I see that the power of love for this Princess Ren compels your past the despair while my love pushes me to it. You truly are a stronger man than i am my new friend"

He would listen to the creature before them and would sigh. He did not desire to give up what was most important to him but he must help this man and his quest to assist the mysterious Ren.. He was not even sure what he held most dear, surely it would be Manami or the people of Kina. How could he give up something he did not own. No, what was most important and dear to his heart was not something so physical.

As he saw a vision of those he cared about and desired to protect he realized that the thing he held most dear was something he did not have in his life as an assassin. Something that allowed him to care about all of these people and even find love. He would turn his head looking at the corpses reaching for him and remembered his guilt.

The thing he treasured most was his humanity and his compassion for others. This is something that he never had before and only gained when he had lost his memories and had to create new ones. His humanity had proved to be a great strength in forming bonds with so many people. But, it also put those people in danger. He refused to take lives now in this new life and he knew that could put those he cares about in danger. He needed the ability to protect Kina and others and to do that he would need to discard the thing he loved most. His new self.

"alright my lord of despair and dissent. If you want that i most treasure than you can take it. I am sure you are already aware of what that is because i would not care much to speak it out loud. I do not care to raise the dead but if this gives me a chance to assist those already inside as well as a chance to gain some power to protect then i will give it all away.

Suddenly he would find himself and seimi being protected by by some fox. He would chuckle seeing this was some kind of coincidence with his new found fox blessing. He was not sure what this fox was protecting them from but would accept it. He was currently focused on what he just offered to give to the dragon.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The dream was ever malleable to the strength of emotion, of conviction. Once thin, white clouds began to grow dense and darken in response to Jahangir’s will as though a part of his being. Even the setting sun sunk below the horizon, its warm light fading into darkness. Thunder rumbled and lightning danced across the skies, striking down into the mountainous terrain below.

What depriving, black rukh he possessed shifted into that of pure strength as he declared his extreme magic into existence. A specter of a woman appeared beside him. Long, white hair cascading behind her. Scales of iridescent white latticed up her limbs. Eyes of pale scarlet wide with focus. Her hand slips around the hand that held the ornamental dagger, gripping it tight in  her own. A command from her stern rings out just before his own:

“Strike fast and true, my love. For our family.

Plunging this sword into the cloud, the gravitational force spread across its packed molecules as it drew the vapor in until a gigantic sphere of water hung in the air. Then, in an instance, it dropped with impossible speed — unnatural and lethal. As the water comet clashed with the bridge, it burst outforth in tall waves down the length of the bridge and spilled violently  over the edges. The knockback collided into Oragann, causing him to fall back into the chasm. He melded with the darkness. A pair of glowing, violet eyes peered up from down below.

No one was safe.

For Ghost, still walking down the length, had not moved fast enough to spare him the brunt force of the water coming down upon the genesis of the bridge. The stone construct around him shatters into rubble, pelting through his borg and beating into his form. Before he knew it, the witch king was falling.

Menat, on her mount raced down the length of the bridge toward the gate, water splashing at the hooves of her Khiimori causing it to slip and stumble. The kitsune’s tails close as she gets into range, barring her from a much needed haven.

Water crashes into her back, throwing her off the Khiimori as she is consumed beneath the wave. The violent whirl sends her construct off the edge and threatens to do the same for her. It tumbles her around, making it difficult to secure a hold on anything solid.

Then, she finds alongside Ghost in the distance — falling… and falling… never landing; until all but darkness surrounds.

The others near the gate had been enveloped within the fortress of furs put together by the kitsune, Zion. Each person found themselves cramped, pressed up against each other. However, no one could be less than thankful for the act as the muffled sounds of raging rapids echo into the chamber.

The incoming rush of water carries them to the doors of the gate. It crashes into the metal there and unbeknownst to them in the moment, the gate begins to creak open.

Against his chest clung the scarred-face woman. Widened red eyes stared up at him. Her heart pounded wild in her chest, thumping against his own. “T-Thanks,” she said. Even Seimei, who had his arm draped around Silva, muttered his gratitude — still under the sudden shock of the events.

Silva would feel something cold form within his chest. The flesh over his heart began to concave into a hollow hole. Any emotions he might make the attempt to muster would fizzle out. A voice resonated in his mind of a soft-spoken man. It would state:

“Thou hath made an honorable sacrifice. To be human is to be flawed. Yet is such newfound perfection worth the cost, dearest muse?”

Thunderous roars shook the air, cold flames bursting as the cosmos from his gullet. Massive claws take hold of the stone as Oragann bursts from the void. His obsidian scales shining beneath the moonlight as the clouds below Jahangir dissipated into clear skies.

The blackened shroud that enveloped him seemed to be no more as he dashed upwards, maw agape. Rows of spear-like teeth snapped around Jahangir’s side as the monster reclaimed his prize. Bright crimson burst out from the wound, staining Jahangir’s face with hot ichor. Pain flared through him unlike he had ever experienced before as though molten steel was being pumped into his veins.

“You dare to strike against me with that power?”

Oragann’s resonating voice rattled his bones, causing them to fracture. Flames, colder than ice, seared crystals of frost into his tanned skin.

“I am God!” He roared, opening his jaw wide once more. The flames grew colder, threatening to freeze the world king solid. “You are nothing!”

Black rukh screeched out like nails scraping down a sheet of metal. So piercing that it would rupture the ears of an ordinary man. From her form, a swarm poured out.

Kaguya screeched, loud in their minds. The sounds of something so tortured and terrible. Her coming death was apparent. Delta and Teresa feel her throes in turn. Something seemed to be crawling within them, eating their viscera from the inside and clawing outward.

The voice of a man, or perhaps a beast soon replaced her own. Anger filled them. Then, a wash of justification. As though her final shriek of death was one just deserved. They could taste and relish her blood in their mouths. Licking at the strips of her sinew stuck between their teeth. It left them feeling unsatisfied, wanting for more yet their bellies oh so full.

They found themselves staring down at the forest floor. No blood stained their mouths nor flesh caught between teeth. But that wretched feeling remained. As though neither of them had any interest or love for the woman outside her demise.

Inside the fibers of its being, something did not meld. Something seemed to hold control over the Saint Germain, whether to its elation or dismay. But it was clear, somehow, whatever parasite that had been borne from its pill could be subverted.

Trait Obtained:
Host Obtained:

Enemy:
NOTE:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The waters were kept at bay but the space inside the golden shield of tails was still humid from the hot breath of others. So tightly packed they all were for the kitsune to manage sheltering them all that everyone was pressed up against each other. Somehow the leader of the group had found herself against his chest and the beating of her heart could clearly be felt. But Zion hardly noticed it. Her word of thanks and the gesture from Seimei were like distant echoes as Zion strained against the flooding waters. For a moment he was a rock standing firm against the stream. But only for a moment.

Surging forces pushed Zion and everyone back washing them into the gates of the dungeon with a crash. Zion whipped his head as the tall metal doors cracked open. This was the opportunity for everyone to enter! His golden tails moved to push those who had taken shelter with him into the opening gate. His hands pushing the scar faced women into that entrance to the unknown. It was only then he noticed that there was something strange about the way she was looking at him. The young man felt an urge to chase after her into the maw of Malphas, to find out the meaning behind those eyes she used to look upon him. But the ghosts of his memories were still present. Their heavy hands reminding him that his duty was elsewhere.

Entering a dungeon sometimes meant months of time passing in the outside world. Could Kornel Klien be neglected for that long now that Zion had made his name known in Reim? His friends at the Koval estate were in danger with every passing day. Shooting Zana, Silva, Seimei, the scarred woman, and everyone else a kind smile, Zion turned around and summoned the wind to shoot off towards the sky. He would do his best to deliver everyone else into the dungeon without discrimination and he would start by dealing with the dragon! Or so he thought.

As Zion soared into the sky he realized the dragon was gone, as was the man it had been fighting. The kitsune looked down and found that the dungeon itself and its many white spires had also vanished. Like waking from a dream, he found himself floating over a Dormsha Island that was slightly different from the one he had arrived at. There was no longer any sign of another person there at all. The young magician stood agape for a moment before starting to laugh.

"Hahahaha! Sure enough, the dungeons sure are interesting!"

He laughed away any regrets his curiosity held onto and accepted that this was fate. When he opened his eyes and turned them to the north east he said warmly, "I know...No running away anymore." Zion's gaze soft as he stared at new memories that had made themselves manifest due to the magic in him expending the last of its might. The oppressive aura of Oragann was no longer there to fight against the feeling of confidence. The armies of resolve raised their banner in victory over Zion's heart.

"About time, I was beginning to wander if you were ever going to come back. Hurry home, young master! There are many matters that require your attention."

"Don't forget to call me when things start to heat up! I still owe you for giving me a place to stay."

Jericho's phantom reminded Zion of the many responsibilities he had waiting for him while the specter of Zafar chimed in to let him know he still had even more powerful helpers waiting for him. Zion had honestly not been very confident of his chances taking on an established professor like Klien. But he didn't have to do it alone. Brimming with a new found sense that his goals were just within reach, Zion flew off towards the horizon in the direction of him. In the direction of Magnostadt.

-Exit-

Magoi: 340/420
Stamina: 250/280

Notes:
Trait & Ability:

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

He feels the warmth of humanity leave him as he loses his emotions. Normally he would worry about if he would get them back, but he feels nothing now. All he felt now was a cold, metallic sense of determination to enter the dungeon and find Ren. He would ignore the fox man feeling no need to thank him for protecting him, something he would have done seconds ago.

He looks down at the corpses crawling and grasping at him and would just stare blankly before grabbing Seimi again and walking to the gate of the dungeon. They did not have time to dawdle with illusions meant to drag you into sorrow or despair for he felt nothing now. He would look at seimi before putting the palm of his hand on the door.

Klara

Klara
C-Tier
C-Tier

Adventure awaits those who are bold enough to take her hand. Excitement and thrills of the unknown filled the girls head. She heard talks of a dungeon and that some people might try to take it on but to think it was all real. To think that the rumors might be more than stories. To think that she would have a chance to tell her own story. It was a grand adventure but there was one problem... she could not really afford to get there on her own. So she did what every other poor wanderer did. She snuck on board.

If there was anything, besides lying, that the wanderer was good at, it was getting to other places for free. So with his lessons, the girl found her way onto one of the ships heading to the island. Her first step was to get aboard without being noticed. Then, once the ship was underway, she would pretend to be a cabin girl or whatever you called it. It could not be that hard. She was strong and so who would complain about the work. Plus this was not the interesting part of the story. No, the best part would come when they set foot onto the island.

Upon arriving, the girl quickly disappeared. Sneaking off the ship, she changed into her own attire. A black leotard combined with a red strap and black belt like band formed her dress while a black hooded cloak kept her identity a secret... not that she was famous or anything. She just didn't need her new "friends" from the ship recognizing her. With that said, she had to figure out what to do... though another thought entered her mind. 'What did she want from this.'

See, Klara respected power and understood its uses. However, she could not say that was her goal... not completely. No, the girl wanted to become more valuable. She wanted strength in the ability to make worth. She wanted fame, so that people would listen and want to be around her. She wanted money and treasure so that she could create the tools to empower those she took under her own care. Klara wanted to be the person who could save her mom. She wanted the worth that would have kept her sister from leaving. She wanted to be somebody those around her could rely on. Also, she wanted a tale so good that it would make the wanderer stop lying! If only he were more honest!

So with that settled, the girl had to figure out what to do. Lucky for her, a new treasure would have made itself known. They called it the Black Pearl and it was a wrecked ship that was repurposed. The girl went into glee and rushed to the location with her staff and belongings tied into a bag. Who knew what kind of stories lied inside of the dead body of a ship. Who knew what secrets she could collect to make the wanderer jealous. Oh and she supposed she could ask about the dungeon too... Yeah, that was probably more important.

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

THE CHOICE
[ Explore the Black Pearl and gather supplies and intel on the island. ]

Humayra took in a deep breath of island air for the umpteenth time. She just couldn’t get used to it. There was just something in the air that felt different than anywhere else she’d ever been before. This fact, coupled with the knowledge that this would be her first time venturing into a dungeon, had the Fanalis girl feeling jittery. She hadn’t been able to sleep but that seemed to be fine as neither her eyes nor her body could make heads or tails of the time of day anyway.

”I’ve got to prepare myself properly for this…” Rumors were dungeons held a lot of danger and many people who went into dungeons ended up never returning. Whether there were any basis of truth to the rumors or not, Humayra couldn’t be certain but she wouldn’t allow herself the chance to be caught unprepared. For that reason she would hang around the shipwreck a moment longer in order to gather supplies before heading off and into the dungeon.

Among the things Humayra picked up were several lengths of rope. She worked beforehand in order to fasten a few of the spare metal hooks she found to the ends of these ropes. She took a supply of dry food and water, who knew how long it would take to get through the dungeon, or if the dungeon even had a supply of water or food of its own. If it didn’t have a reliable source of food or water then the last thing Humayra wanted was to die of dehydration or starvation… Contrary to her often straightforward approach to conflict, if the Fanalis girl found herself in an unfair situation then she wanted to be as prepared for it as possible. For this reason she also searched the old shipwreck to see if she could locate any sort of bottled poisons, something that, at the very least, she could pour into her Snake-Fang Necklace for later use.

Bringing with:

Weapons

Noble's Crest Dagger:

Gift Of Freedom:

Items

Al-Shamsura Snake Necklace:

The Emira's Robes:

Shard of Illah:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: