Solomon's Proxy
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Spoiler:
The weather in the northern plains had been rather damp lately, almost every day since the dungeon had been raised had been marked with rainfall. The muddied ground covered in tracks as various tribes of nomads had come to the land around the dungeon. Having heard whispers that a towering structure had popped up in their lands they couldn't help but seek it out and soon enough a few tribes had made it there and made their camps, even if it was out of the normal migration patterns of some of them.

While there had been some people who had already attempted to make it through the dungeon a majority of them had been seen being kicked out, or having been gone so long they were assumed dead. However, most of the tribes had gathered around the dungeon not to conquer it, but instead so they could take advantage of the high traffic so they could trade with incoming travelers. They had learned from the last dungeon that was in the plains that there were usually high profile figures who came through and that after it was over there was usually plenty of gold and loot flowing through the area soon after. Having realized both would be profitable for them they had set up a conjoined camp for all the tribes.

As the rain had started to lessen the people were outside more and more, now it had been a fair day and most of the different plainsfolk were outside. Not only the traders but so were their families and the other various groups. It had become like a full-blown festival as people were out buying items, enjoying food, and enjoying the companies of other plainsfolk and foreigners alike.

Having settled in the grove that was formed from the dungeon raising in the middle of the forest they were lined up along the road up to the staircase of the dungeon. They had made pathways through their tents and wagons creating fake streets for the people traveling through to trade, or look for something to eat. Some were even going to different shows people had started putting on from the odd traveling circus.

"It's a bit odd to be in the forest, but these refugees from Heliohapt sure do bring a lot of gold." A cat-eared tribesman could be overheard at the entrance to the pop-up festival talking to a foreigner he seemingly knew. "I thought someone like you would rather stay at home, or check out those settlements in the south. Their queen is a something of a fire flower from the pictures I've seen."

The man could be heard laughing, he was tanned, tall, dressed ascetically and seemingly from Balbadd based on his accent. "I may not be from here my friend, but I do know these dungeons bring in money. Plus I'd rather see this excitement rather than the unnatural peace back home, though you are right in that a beautiful woman usually wins my heart."

The people seemed excited and unlike some of the other dungeons, it seemed like a rather inviting pathway into the dungeon. However, if one looked closely no one was making their way up the staircase and it seemed like most of the people there were staying away from it in general. If you could see the faces of those who had got close the stairs you could see their faces drop before they hurried along like they were scared. It was obvious if one listened close enough, in the background, and constantly playing was a requiem that emanated from every seeming window and even the door. The song sounded incredibly melancholic and it was only made eerier as it sounded like one wailing woman that was somehow harmonizing with herself.

It seemed that they all knew that the song was there but most of them were distracting themselves with the festivities that were happening around them. They were all eager to have some fun and make some money, but they were all also looking down the path of the dungeon. Their senses all tuned in as they watched and listened waiting for people to come down the path into the forest and hoped for more commerce but each time someone came they all held their breath to see if they would walk up the stairs and past the walls to the entrance of the dungeon.

Noises could be heard down the dark road into the forest and some of the people at the entrance around the dungeon looked down the path. Some of them took a gulp but no one said a thing until suddenly the shortest one spoke out, a girl from Kina she was dressed in light pink and white robes with a black scarf. "How much you bet it's finally another challenger?"

"No way, last guys came out with their pants soaked and one guy missing I bet this one is gonna go unconquered for years.
" Another girl suddenly chimed in, she was a mage seemingly from Magnostadt, she whipped her long golden ponytail at the Kinan girl as she scoffed.

Finally, they were both silenced as a man in a suit green and silver armor lifted them up by their collars. "I didn't let you guy's kidnap me from Xerxes' army just to watch you bicker everywhere we go, let's just wait and see whose coming down the path."

This thread is combat enabled. There will be a posting order that will be determined based on the order that you post in here. There will be a 48-hour timer that starts once the first player has posted. This timer will reset once another player posts. If the 48-hour timer runs out Proxy will post continuing keeping the post order even if you were skipped. You may only edit your post if you are the last post and once someone posts after you then you may no longer edit your post. All items, NPCS, and things of the like that are being brought must be stated in your first post. If you don't put them in every post they must be put in posts relevant to their use.

2Festivities around a dungeon of rumors [Ipos - The Gate] Empty Enter Twilight King Ghost 10/09/20, 01:57 am

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

Festivities around a dungeon of rumors [Ipos - The Gate] D8y4toh-cde88aca-2568-49e9-bedb-3274262eedfa.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvOThhYmNjNTAtYjczZC00M2NjLTkxNzgtZTJkMGRkMjg1ZTQ3XC9kOHk0dG9oLWNkZTg4YWNhLTI1NjgtNDllOS1iZWRiLTMyNzQyNjJlZWRmYS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ

The night was starting to come about and biy was the going to be a long one. Ghost the mighty king to be was sitting down under a tree. He would be eating fruit. Fruit of every kind from apples to pears. Ghost did not know when he will get a chance to eat again. If he would be able to eat again. As he took every fruit he would soon devour. Be would remember him first tasting of it. With tears in his eyes. This just might be the last time tasting them all. His hands would be shaking but as soon as he saw. A single white ruhk flow past his hands. He would lift his head up. To a view so beautifully made it was if time had stopped on him. The cheering people was all it took for him to gain his nerve back. As he knew he was in for a long one.

He would stand up as the fruit seeds fell off of him. Putting a few in his pockets. Ghost would look up as he saw the tower of power. The ruhk around it was like a tornado of all things. So many people blessed with it. So few knew what to do with it. Ghost however was part of the few and good ones that was left. He had to be the one that power that great ole power. Sae that was worthy of owning it. Ghost would smile as he quickly made his way towards the tower. Walking pass the people as they all tried to sell or trade him this or that. But he had other plans to do. He had the will to go within the tower of power to grab hold of that power. Ghost would smile as he started his way pass them all. All of the people began to cheer for him as. Many would watch him go up the stairs.

Slowly but slowly he would walk up the stairs. Soon enough he would hear the cheers of everyone behind him. This put a smile on his face even bigger then the one before that one. Soon enough he would start to hear a noise. Sounded more or so smoothed to him. As he got closer and closer ot became even more louder. Ghost would be at the entrance of the tower by now. As he stopped he would be waiting on the one to help him. Once she arrive he would say to her with a smile on his face let us save the world.

Wc430

Notes: At the tower gate waiting on my help

Items on me

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Solomon shard X1

Last edited by Ghost on 11/09/20, 05:47 pm; edited 4 times in total

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The old man known as Silva Kaida would chuckle as he sees the large gathering of people who were surrounding the towering dungeon. He found it amusing that these people would find a way to take advantage of this event to make a profit and for their entertainment. However, he was not here for them, but the dungeon. He had heard about these popping up the past couple of years and thought it was finally his turn to go into one. He always wondered what it was like to explore them but had no interest currently in the hidden power and riches they talk about that reside in them. He was just curious. He would smile and look at Shou, the sumo, who was nervous to be out of his country for the first time. "Let us have some fun my student." He would say has they begin to stroll to the doors going to touch it unless someone stops him.

Items:

Shou:

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Menat had been told stories from her mother about how these dungeons worked yet she never imagined this would be the scale she'd actually find. She hadn't even entered the looming obsidian construct yet, having only made her way through the forest line of the plains and into the clearing where all the tribesmen and travelers had constructed their own kind of makeshift village. Carts and stalls were effortlessly set up where false streets had been created by effect, providing a sense of order and unity in a setting the girl would otherwise never have expected such a thing from. Yet there was still a good space between the "travelling bazzar" that had come to the area and the dungeon that had drawn it.

The muck under her feet squished as she stepped forward, only to try and seemingly suck the girl's boot deeper as she paused to take a full stock at the outside of the structure she was to enter and explore. From the outside it looked absolutely massive, possibly even rivaling that of the palace her mother had been building back home in Meridia if not bigger. The walls seemed to glint and gleam obsidian as the rare light from the passing rain clouds managed to break through and catch the dungeon's outer walls. With a sloshing "slorrrp" of the mud and muck around her foot coming away as she pulled the limb free the young redhead began to approach the entrance. She had heard word that the rain had come consistently since the rumors of the dungeon's appearance but she hadn't expected the ground to be so pliable as each step she took proved it to be.

All around her murmurs and whispers seemed to exchange between the tribesmen and travelers as the caught sight of the young girl with dual spears mounted to her back in a cross shaped manner. She did her best to try and ignore their voices yet there were the occasional passing of words that forced her attention. Most of them were comments about how she was another challenger and how she appeared too young for it. Or how it was a shame such a young girl with potential to be a real beauty would be lost to the dungeon. The ones she did focus on were the comments about her being the third to arrive in such quick succession. "So I'm not the first one to arrive then?" Was the conclusion she came to.

Her entire approach to the dungeon was spent focusing on one specific story her mother had told her once upon a time. Of how she and her father had both participated in a dungeon together far prior to her birth. The duo had entered with her mother offering her support to her father yet they had been unable to claim the prizes from the dungeon's deepest depths. "I'll clear this one for you then Papa." She said, mostly to herself, as her foot landed on the first of the many steps leading up to the dungeon's entrance.

WC: 511

Piercer:

Nature's Scorn:

Shard of Solomon:

Flying Carpet:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Festivities around a dungeon of rumors [Ipos - The Gate] QiwNJGW

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Within the makeshift town and its narrow alleyways lay a wooden carriage. But this common sight had been transformed into a beautiful spectacle; the simple carriage was adorned with colourful art, while its hood extended into wide awnings and its base into a large floor. Quite simply, it appeared to have become a pop-up theatre.

Upon this theatre’s stage sat a purple-haired woman, her hands busy upon lute-strings and her voice ringing clear. As her song drew to its end, she noticed a familiar face amongst the crowds of this makeshift town. A face she thought would never alight her gaze upon. The handsome face of the swordsman Tenma.

With her song ended, she waved towards the charming man and invited him to join her beside this temporary stage. She saw a perfect opportunity in him. Well, she truly saw two; one of them was certainly not going to be said aloud.

Zubaidah’s NPC:

Zubaidah’s Gear:

Last edited by Zuzu Mansur on 13/09/20, 03:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Khalik-I-Sabbah

Khalik-I-Sabbah
C-Tier
C-Tier

He's late~ he's late~ for a very special date. The lucky suitor of the day? Himself, of course. After all, even troublesome troublemakers need to take time to themselves, and there would be no greater time spent then in the locale of some backwater town which struck gold.

He had just been making his way back home when by chance he stumbled upon this busy hive. Festering in his ears was the buzzing of the hardy bees with: "Dungeon this" and "Dungeon that." Privy, but not particularly dead set, he would give the old stone a once over. At the foot of the colossal steeple, the assassins resolve sharpen.

With style and tenacity— and a few hairball schemes— he'd face this ominous challenge for he felt beckoned to do so. Indeed, the dreary melody which toiled in the minds of prospective challengers seemed to goad him in some sort mentally-dissociative way truly fit for this troublemaker.

He arose to the doors of the dungeon upon eerie steps with a lighthearted chuckle before his potential over-sized casket.

WC:176

Weapons:

Shard of Illah:

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It has been a while since the last time Tenma visited The Plains, well, he would be usually staying at Kou and traveling back and forth to Reim or Heliohapt, so the mainland was not always in his travel list. He finally came to visit the area just because of the dungeon's appearance, after several times ignoring the other ones popping out in different areas, Tenma had finally gained more interest and curiosity about how it would look like. He might even try to go inside as well this time… but he would decide later after he can get close to this construct full of wonders.

“Brother!” Rui Li called him, getting used to call Tenma as brother rather than as general because the man had commanded her to do so. Well, the one eyed man still felt that it would be safer if they didn't just reveal that he was a general from Kou, to minimize the unwanted attention. “It is really crowded here, so many people are gathering here…” The silver haired girl said as she looked around, spotting something that caught her eyes, “Whoa… she looks like a goddess with that beauty and that angelic voice.”

Tenma chuckled, amused to see that his companion was being excited, but the moment he set his eyes towards the stage that Rui Li mentioned, his eye widened. “Zubaidah…?” He murmured tha name of the purple haired woman before approaching closer towards the stage as if her beautiful voice had lured him. The moment their eyes met each other, Tenma would beam the woman with his usual bright smile and waited until she finished her song.

“Wait here a moment, Rui Li.” He said towards the younger girl as he joined Zubaidah, “Good day, milady. It has been a long time, hasn't it? It is a pleasure to meet you again.” The man would reach out his hand, asking for the woman’s hand so he could greet her by planting a kiss on her hand.

Weapons & Items:

NPC:

Festivities around a dungeon of rumors [Ipos - The Gate] XNsy1xt

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

No matter how many times Noir saw the dungeon, standing tall right in front of her, there was always a curiosity sparked inside her mind.  There was an adventurous side of her that made her body itch to see what kind of experience that this dungeon would offer to her. She looked down though as her mind suddenly played that incident inside her head, hoping that this time... she wouldn't make the same mistake.

It was amazing though, it was so crowded here. She could see a lot of people, some was setting up some pop up stores, some was just being a spectator, some was just curious about the crowds and about the dungeon. The magician wondered if she could get something unique from the merchants that would aid her while she explored the dungeon. However it was not the time yet, she had to look for her companion.

Shousui and Haku followed her from behind as she looked around, trying to find Eight among the crowds. Well, she didn’t expect it would be very crowded like this. But her liger would help her to find the man quickly by tracing his scent, letting her group to spot Eight not too far from where they were at the moment.

“Greetings, Mr. Eight. Have you waited long?”  The golden eyed girl greeted the man, bowing her head slightly to show respect. “I bring along another companion of mine, Lady Shousui.” She would introduce the former noblewoman to the man and with a graceful movement, Shousui would pull away the pipe from her lips and bow her head slightly as well, “It is a pleasure to meet you,Mr. Eight.” She said with a sultry smile before putting her pipe back to her lips, smoking the tobacco.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Festivities around a dungeon of rumors [Ipos - The Gate] G5OZoqx

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Standing in awe of the structure. There was an eeriness to the entire thing, which made him feel at home. He was still calm, but there was one thing capable of taking his attention off of the dungeon. "Hey Noir!" His body language was very open to her. She had even introduced someone to him. Eight didn't want to crowd the event and took someone he felt would be able to assist him the most in an unexplored area.

Diana, an albino magician with enhanced senses, bowed to Shousui and Noir. She would remain silent and her exotic look left an impression of mystery more than anything else. "She is very keen, and I felt someone like that would be invaluable to bring along for this experience."

Eight bowed to Shousui, examining the type of pipe she was smoking from, trying to see if she had shared in some of her habits, but it seemed at the very least she was a bit more unscrupulous like himself.

"Well, I am not quite sure how long I have been waiting, but it has felt like forever without you. I missed you."
He blinked in disbelief right after the words escaped his mouth, but he would continue on.

Diana passed him the crown as he fasteneded his earrings on. His pet spider, Sling, was resting on the crown. "I thought I would wear this for the occasion. What do you think?" Eight had an axe and a sword at his hips, the carpet and wave roller being carried by his cicada swarm, Constellation. The mass being distributed on the back of several insects. His pair origami caller folded flat into his coat. "This is perfect." Eight handed one of his origami callers to Diana. "If Shousui gets one, we should all be able to stay in touch in the dungeon."

Inventory:

Festivities around a dungeon of rumors [Ipos - The Gate] ZuxZMnk

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The bustling of the makeshift dungeon town had only gotten louder when the challengers had begun to show. It might've seemed like they were cheering on the contestants but in reality, they were already placing bets. For most of the people who have gathered this was either a show or a chance to make money. With this sort of environment, it was even to be expected that some would even attempt to make money off the challengers in any way they could attempt.

Standing at the midway of the stairs where the walls opened up an elderly, slightly obese man. He had somehow fallen asleep having been waiting since the last challenger entered who knows how long ago. When Ghost strode past he started to stir and it took him a moment to realize what was happening. He looked up and suddenly reached out as if to get his attention with his voice and pose as he suddenly cried out. "Wait right there lad, are you sure that you're ready for such treachery!"

Looking down for a moment he saw that another challenger, a red-haired girl was climbing the steps as well. There was also another man who climbed past him who seemed around his age, but he focused on the two youngers he had spotted thinking them better marks for his sale. "What about you young lady, did your mother pack you with everything you'd need?"

He was a small-time merchant from Reim's northern coast and had spent most of his savings commissioning craftsmen to make things to sell and spent the other half to get to this side of the world. "Come check my wares, I've got plenty of tools that would be of help to ya!"

Without a moment's hesitation, he pulled out a large chest that he must've lugged there himself. Opening it up he began to pull out a few items to show to them. "Check these out, I'm sure one of these will be just the thing you need!"

Reiman Merchant:

His wares:

The old man wasn't the first merchant looking for challengers to sell too and he certainly wouldn't be the last either. At the top of the stairs and at the bottom there seemed to be one person in two places at the same time. However, if someone were to see both of them and look closely they would notice that they were dressed differently.  There were also small differences in their appearances, but one could still surmise that they could be twins.

The brother at the bottom of the staircase found himself looking around waiting for a customer that struck his fancy. It was then that he saw Khalik and took a pause before grabbing his bag and making his way over. With a spear on his back and what looked like fanciful armor, it could be easily assumed he was a warrior instead of a merchant, but his bag of wares would give him away.

"You look like you're about to go in there." The Armored Merchant said as he suddenly showed up in front of Khalik opening his bag for him. "I've got some tools that might be of use to you."

At the top of the stairs, the less clothed brother was sipping some tea standing next to the gate of the dungeon. As he saw an old man approaching the gate he quickly grabbed his own bag of supplies and rushed over crying out immediately. "Woah there Grandpa, are you really sure you're ready to go in there?"

As he got close he threw his bag onto the floor before unzipping it for him hoping that he could get Silva's attention before he entered the dungeon. "Check this out, I think you're gonna like this, or maybe your buddy there will" He said knowing that he had the same stuff as his brother and hoped that he nor the sumo had seen any of it yet.

The Twin Merchants:

Their wares:

In the middle of the makeshift market town, there were more than just bystanders and customers watching the show being done on the makeshift stage. A girl seemingly from Magnostadt from her clothing and the staff on her back, she was watching as Tenma and Zub had started talking to one another. Having noticed their chemistry and how good they looked together she couldn't shy away for much longer.

"Usually it's my job to bring people in, but you two are more charming just being by each other."
The woman said with a soft chuckle and slowly motioning to her stand that they were positioned near. "I hope you two don't mind that I'm distracting you two from each other." She said with a wink and another soft giggle as she walked behind her stand.

As she got behind her counter she unrolled a piece of cloth that had her wares showing them off for the pair as she made her pitch. "I don't know if such an adventurous duo is going in the dungeon, but I do have some wares that could prove useful nonetheless."

She smiled a soft tone following her voice as she gave both of them a flirtatious look. It could be assumed she was flirting them as a pair and not attempting to woo one over the other. "I'm sure we could work, something out where I could give you something in return."

Magician Merchant:

Her wares:

While others were relying on chance and opportunity there were also merchants taking a more methodical approach. A merchant who had left Heliohapt just before it collapsed and found himself a fish out of water. Unsure what to do more than his job he had eventually found his way towards this dungeon and its opportunity for business. Having brought the last of his supply to this market he had already sold a bit of goods after watching and finding the right people. On his last sack, he found himself searching for his final customers before he would count his money and figure were to go from there.

His eyes drifted from the alley he was waiting in until he saw a group of what looked like adventurers with one another. He wasn't going to just approach them, but instead waited to and listened to their conversation. It was only after he had heard the words dungeon that he knew that they were a good mark. Holding a chest he pulled out the handle and let it roll on wheels so that way it would be easier to show it off to them.

As he approached them he made a clap with his hand to suddenly gain their attention. His calm demeanor suddenly went to an excited one as he was ready to put on a show. "Good evening travelers, and here I thought I would be the only one away from home."

He knew it would be a bit jarring for them to suddenly be interrupted but he thought that a more entertaining persona would work for them. "Sorry to bother you, I don't mean to be a nuisance but I couldn't help overhear you talking about the dungeon." As casually as he spoke he unclicked the locks on his chest and soon opened a pop-up stand as he spoke. "If you're thinking about entering I have some things that might be of help to your group."

Waving his hands around his jewelry shook around, while he didn't have as much money as before he still had his assets and could use them to make himself seem more prestigious than he was at the moment. "It might be the last of my supply, but please let me know if there's anything I can do for you."

The Refugee Merchant:

His wares:

The turn order is set Ghost, Silva, Menat, Zubadiah, Khalik, Tenma, Noir, and 8. The 48 hour rule is still in effect, if you don't post within 48 hours your turn is subject to be skipped and you will be brought to the bottom of the list. You can only drop down the list once and if it's missed again there will be repercussions.

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ghost was nearly there minding his business. Ready to take on the tower indeed. That was until a old man who he assume was a drunk called out to him. Looking on he would slowly walk over to him. Ghost did not plan on staying long as he had to get going. But to his shock it was a sell person and he had good to dish out. Quickly thinking to himself he really didn't need these things. That was until he gave it a final thought and that was what if. Just what if he did needed these things and if he did not but them he would be in trouble? He would give off a smile as he said to the old guy. " Fine I will buy one of each as I might need them later own." With that being what it was. Ghost would pay for them then be on his merry way. Placing them all in the backpack he got from the old guy as well.

Ghost would look on to see more and more people starting to come. Things were going to get crazy. As he knew he was up for a fight but hopefully none would break out. With that being said. Ghost would make his way inside the Tower Of Power. Just what did he have in store for him.

Wc658

Notes:
brought
Hammer and spikes: 2,000 Huang
Sledgehammer: 3,000 Huang
Crowbar: 2,500 Huang
Pitons: 1,000 Huang

Enter the Dungeon as the first to do it as well

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The elderly man would look intrigued as the merchant walks up to offer him some wares. It did not look like anything special but he though that he might as well take them just in case. Who knew when you would need a pick axe or a shovel. "Sure young man we will take it all, give it to my companion here."  He would say as shou would hand the man some money.

Silva would than notice a similar merchant downstairs but he was more interested in the man next to the merchant. He would grin and look at shou, "Okay student, Sumo is not all about strength, it is also about trying to make them think what you want to think. Follow my lead." He would say as he takes his can and hunches his back a bit to make himself look more like a normal, frail old man. He would walk down to Khalik, shaking with each slow step. Once he got to Khalik his eyes would widen, "Z..zeno, is that you? My boy i cant believe you are here!" he would say as he would hug Khalik smiling like a senile old man. SHou would sigh as he plays along "Sorry about that, he believes you are his long lost son" Silva would look up at khalik, "Be a good son and carry your father would you Zeno? My legs arent what they used to be and I want to see a dungeon before i pass away, which is not long. THis could be my last day so carry me would you my son?" He would finish before coughing quite a bit.

bought all the items

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t9186-memiors-of-an-old-assassin

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Another step met the young Fanalis's foot as she continued her climb up the stairs to the obsidian fortress, it was starting to feel like there was actually more of them than she had taken notice of on her approach. It felt even more so when she reached a landing that seemed to act as a sort of halfway point. The feeling of it being a waypoint of sorts was only amplified by the fact she had stumbled upon an older, more portly, man passed out on his back as he began to stir. He seemed to have fully woken up when he called out to the young man ahead of Menat before turning to the girl herself. The closer she drew to him the more of his attire she was able to discern, her young years in Reim helping her to tell he had relocated from the very nation. He set down a large chest before the young man, his attention clearly having been caught first, and began to withdraw item after item to display for him.

The older man was clearly a merchant having traveled from Reim for the hustle and bustle of the dungeon. When he had taken out the final item he offered the young man in exchange seemed to hand him a small pouch of huang was placed in the merchant's hand and the items were handed over to the young challenger. She herself began to approach the merchant, curious of his other wares. "I see you're from Reim. What wares did you bring along with you?" She questioned the older man.

WC: 267

Khalik-I-Sabbah

Khalik-I-Sabbah
C-Tier
C-Tier

"Der-der-der-der, der-der-der-der," his mind echoes the melody which wraps and traps his focus, yet it was not the somber aria which fancied him to begin with. What this tune is— well, an original ditty as far as this world is concerned. Less talk of nonsensical chatter, and more actual chatter.

The merchant next to him seemed hospitable enough to strike up dialogue with. "Opportunistic, aren't ya? Very well, lets see— lets see." Unfortunately, looking and conversing would have to wait. Behold, the ostentatious old man so feeble in mind and body that he mistook any chump of the street for his lost son.

Khalik quickly turned to the merchant before the old geezer could reel him in. "I see I need my hands full, quickly now," the rascal made no hesitation on buying up the stock. It was his intention to do so anyways, for money would mean little beyond the Dungeon Doors.

Rations? Check. Waterskin? Check. Menial labor tools fit for shenanigans? Check. Senile ditz too old for his own good? Unfortunately... Check... for now.

In spite of the rough greeting the two shared, Khalik was, if nothing less, receptive to his gifted persona and fake history with his so-called elder. Even before Shou spoke of any context to ride along. "Oh, Father, a pleasure to see you again, truly. Its been so long since I went off to Reim that I nearly forgot your face." Immediately following his statement, he carefully inspected Silva's face. Those silver locks and that scraggly beard... Nope, they've never met before.

It was at this point that his Father had made his request: Carry this old geezer up all those steps? He couldn't help but to crack a smile.

"Of course!" A remark so genuine it came off uncanny. Silva got his wish, but not from any generous heart.

It was time for him to take to the pen on this script.

"Reginald." Ah, yes, it was time to pen an identity to this acquaintance of his Father's: Reginald, the family servant, seemed the best suited. "Be a friend and carry my things as well. I just bought that fine fellow out of house and home, yet with Father in this state... Well, I'm sure you understand." Khalik's smile was piercing.

Indeed, Silva had underestimated the young assassin, and now their relation hangs upon a theatrical perjury. Just one missed line from the old man or his co-star, and the set would come tumbling down.

WC: 433

Note: Much like his "Father," Khal— I mean Zeno has bought every last item from the merchant.

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The one eyed man turned his head upon hearing someone's voice, trying to find the owner. He would find a woman, obviously a merchant trying to motion the group to come and get closer to her stall. Did she just say that Zubaidah and him looked charming with each other? Yeah, he was sure she did say it. Well, he didn't mean to give off that kind of vibe honestly. With a chuckle, the swordsman would say towards the merchant. "Not at all, miss." He would then take several steps closer to the stall, matching his steps with Zubaidah although it was very nearby.

As Tenma looked at the items that the woman was selling, he would tilt his head, wondering if they might be useful when they got into the dungeon. However the merchant mentioned about the dungeon and he wondered if merchants here took the chance to get a lot of buyers from the people who came to enter or even visit the dungeon. But then again, anything could happen. Tenma himself wasn't really sure actually, he wanted to enter the dungeon but he didn’t know what he should prepare. Perhaps it would be good to buy things that would help him… “I would love to purchase the hook and chain, block and tackle as well as the ladder.” Tenma said with a bright smile towards the merchant as he pointed the items. “And how do you want to work something out where you could give me something in return?” The swordsman chuckled, his eye stared towards the merchant lady with a bright smile.

“So are you planning to enter the dungeon as well, milady?” The swordsman would ask Zubaidah, wondering if she could be his companion if she had a plan to enter as well.

Notes: Buying all except the stone

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The magician would bow towards Diana, fascinated by how peculiar her look was being an albino. But the black haired girl made sure she didn't stare for too long because it would be considered as a rude gesture. “Greetings, Ms. Diana.” She would say and would be followed by Shousui who only gave Diana a slight acknowledging nod before she focused back to her pipe.

Noir would blink upon hearing what Eight was saying, he said it had felt like forever without her and he missed her? She felt a surge of happiness suddenly and her cheeks would have a slight rosy tone as the blood rushed there, “I missed you too, Mr. Eight.” She would say with a smile, although it would change back to her usual stoic expression in less than a minute. Well, she was happy that someone was expecting her, saying that they missed her, she never really had anyone saying that to her.

“It looks good.” The golden eyed girl would say as Eight started to prepare himself, wearing the crown and fastened his earrings. However Noir’s eyes would be distracted not directly towards the man, her topaz orbs would be gazing at the spider pet, she seemed curious about the spider who seemed to be not as shy as it was days ago.

She would also give one of her origami callers to Shousui, which was received by the older woman with a sly grin, although unfortunately, she was implying something that Noir didn’t quite understand the meaning.

Suddenly a man would approach them, getting their attention by clapping his hand. From the way he talked to them, he seemed very excited but Noir wondered if this man was a merchant because she saw most merchants were behaving like him. She would listen to what he had to say before she looked at his goods, several ropes, spy glass, magnifying glass and a pole… Well, she wouldn't lie but she was interested in the spyglass...and that hemp rope looked interesting as well, it could definitely help her with something. But she was not sure, all of them would be helpful...although it would still depend on the dungeon structure. Perhaps getting a second opinion would be better, so she would turn her head to Eight and asked him, “Do you think we should buy them all, Mr. Eight? Or should we just buy one or two?”

Afterwards, if Eight wanted to enter the dungeon, touching the gate. She and her companions would follow beside him and whenever he touched the gate, she too will touch the gate.

Notes: Touching the gate

Festivities around a dungeon of rumors [Ipos - The Gate] G5OZoqx

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The slaver was well-prepared for the adventure. There was still doubt in his mind about the dungeon, that if he were just to go to the entrance, he would be warped to some faraway place just as Noir had told him. While he had a small harem of women, each of whom were likely more experienced and stronger than himself, Eight had a sense of responsibility to make sure they were safe.

He had prepared for himself and Noir but not Diana nor Shousui. It was at this time where the merchant had interrupted them. Eight was a merchant by trade and could easily see the quality of all these wares Regardless of Noirs needs or desires, he would eagrlly buy the whole stock. Even though she had the chance to purchase everything, she had waited for his opinion. The consideration had dissuaded his greed. "I got this." He shelled out currency with no hesitation, Eight kept the silk for himself giving Noir some rope and the spy glass, giving Shousui the magnifying glass and Diana the ten foot pole.

He asked the merchant for some advice after clearing out his stock, just looking for empty cheerleading in exchange for his patronage at the very least. After securing and divvying up the spoils, he would dismiss himself snd decided to be the first person to the gate, taking charge. Not even considering anyone else here his competition since no one had taken charge to enter the dungeon since he had arrived. Upon reaching the staircase, people would cower and turn back.

Eight lead his group and even as he heard the eerie sounds eminating from the dungeon. There was something abhorrent about them, but honestly, he's made slaves scream worse than that. Eight proceeded and made contact with the gate along with his group, ready to make the jump to the dungeon

Festivities around a dungeon of rumors [Ipos - The Gate] ZuxZMnk

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Her cheeks blushing bright, Zubaidah broke her dreamy-eyed stare at the handsome Tenma. She had tried playing the laid-back woman, a foxy tease unaffected by the dashing man, but who was she kidding? If she had less self-control, she would be swooning over that stunning face. Damn, she might be known for her crafty approach towards all things romantic and sexual, but this was something different. The fox had been trapped by the hunter; Zubaidah had a crush.

‘It is you, Tenma! What’re you doing here? It’s been such a long time since I last saw you…’ Zubaidah could feel her nervous tongue was about to tie itself into tight knots, so she got back onto topic, ‘I’m so happy to finally see you again.

Her awkwardness was excused by the nearby merchant unexpectedly, and she thought quite thankfully. Taking this opportunity, Zubaidah breathed deeply and assumed her usual cheekiness, saying, ‘I wouldn’t mind a little distraction from you.

As she approached, Zubaidah silently mouthed a grateful thanks, figuring this merchant had rescued her, ‘These prices certainly have me distracted. I mean, what a bargain! With those prices, I could easily buy the entire stock - but that whetstone seems the only thing left.

With a shrewd smile, Zubaidah replied to the one-eyed Tenma’s question with a simple answer, ‘Of course, I'm entering. What else would I do?

Watching them flirt, the newly-arrived Amnet sighed, saying to Rui Li, ‘Those two really gotta get a room, don’tcha think…

OOC Notes: Bought the whetstone

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

For the Reiman Merchant, he was surprised to see the lad he had spoke to first was quick to purchase the items he had brought out to display. "Well, I can't say hard to money upfront." He said taking the money and soon passing the items over to the lad. As he was putting the money away he had his attention turned to the girl he had spoken to. "Oh, you can tell, I always appreciate a customer, but I think that was the last of it, but let me check lass."

Leaning into his large chest he looked around for a moment before letting out a quick response to himself. "Aha, I forgot about this!"

He pulled out an odd-looking tuning fork, which he seemed to stare at for a moment. "I didn't even think about selling this one." He said as he looked at it and then Menat he seemed to be thinking to himself for a moment.

"This was supposed to be a gift, it can't be given any more, at least not to the originally intended lass." He ran his hand over the fact of the tuning fork. "You can have this, as a gift, but only if you promise me one thing." He went from a somewhat stoic smile to a genuine one as he held it out for her to take by the handle. "If you win this dungeon, make sure to come back and tell me."

Looking passed the girl he would see that the boy he had sold the previous items to was already heading towards the gate of the dungeon. As Ghost would eventually touch the large door of the dungeon he would find himself ripped from where he was as he would soon be disoriented as the dungeon pulled him within. As Ghost was taken into the dungeon a loud bell would ring loud enough for the entire make-shift village to hear.

"You might wanna get going, look the lad's already been sucked up." He said as he would motion for the girl to go whether or not she took his deal and the tuning fork.

Tuning fork:

As the twin merchants dealt with their respective buyers they would each give them their respective items as well after which they would find one another. As they got together they would see both their customers get together and seemed a bit surprised by it. The brothers looked at one another and had a small conversation.

"Looks like we aren't the only family here, I wonder if they were trying to pull one over on us."  The less clothed brother asked as he would take a sip from a gourd as he watched them with amusement. "Though I guess the only thing they could out of us is trying to resell our products."

"Yeah, I think they're just being extra cautious." He said taking the gourd from his brother and taking a large swig before he would put it back into his hands. "Welp, I'm gonna go place some bets on which of these groups are gonna die."

They hadn't been trying to hide their conversation so if they were paying attention the old man and his supposed son would hear them questioning them and the betting on people's lives. The Monk brother chased after him when he left taking a moment to bow to their customers if they were to look at them. He didn't say anything else, but soon after he dashed after his brother with a card dropping from his bag as he disappeared in the crowd soon after.

If one of them were to notice and pick it up they would see that it only said the name of their shop "The Fading Lotus" and the village in Kou were it was located "Xao Ting", but regardless the brother's were gone for now. With nothing else but each other to distract one another, they were free to climb the stairs up to the gate.

Hearing Zub's comment and Tenma's inquiry the Merchant was quick to show listen to them and even present forward the items as they were looking as so to decide what they were going to buy. Eager to make a sale she would listen as Tenma pointed out which ones he was interested in first. "Oh, of course, I'd be happy to sell these items to you." With a plain smile, she would put the items into a bag holding it up for him for just a moment before pulling it back.

"I'll take your money and you can have these." She smiled and would hand over the items after getting the money from him. At the same time, she bagged up Zub's Whetstone and would hand it to her in return for the money before responding to Tenma's other comment. "Well, I do like interesting people, maybe if you come back, both of you, I can show you something real good when you get back." Her words followed with a soft wink as she bent forward over the stand slightly. "If you bring me back something nice, then I'll show you something unbelievable, just come back here if you want it that is."

After the steamy merchant woman was done conversing she would turn back to attending her stand, She wasn't ignoring them, but she would leave them to go on with their own conversation and even leave if they wished. Now that they had items they were left to do what they wish with plenty of opportunity in their sight.

The Refugee Merchant didn't have to deal with bartering nor did he have to worry about his items going unwanted, as Eight stepped forward and shelled out the cash to purchase the rest of his stock. As his eyes set on the money he took it and kissed eight's hand gratefully before handing over the items so he could partition them to his group. "Thank you so much kind sir, this will help me find a new home."

As he stepped off to the side he went about counting his own coins before looking back at the man and his companions once again. "Hopefully one day our path's cross again, I pray to the glory of the sun that I may return the favor you have done for me today." As he blew them both a multitude of kisses he departed into the crowd with the cash buried deep into his bag within moments of walking away from them all. They were now free to do as they wished, but who knew what would happen to the merchant as he disappeared with the cash he seemed eager to get.

Soon enough as Eight and Noir had chosen to approach the dungeon they would pass by an old-man and what looked like his son and a sumo? Then as they climbed higher they would find that there was a red-headed girl talking to a merchant who was offering something to her. As the Merchant pointed upwards they would see that they weren't the first here as a younger male had already been at the top his hand touching the door as he was sucked up in. As the bell rang for Ghost entrance it was only moments before they made it to the top themselves and as they touched they would experience themselves go through the same experience.

As Noir and Eight were sucked up respectively the dungeon would ring the bell twice as Noir entered, and then it would ring three times as Eight had entered. The crowd in their make-shift town had started to cheer as they heard the sounds of the bells. In various tents around the markets, people were betting, drawings of the contestants put on boards with their likeliness to die, it seemed someone was paying close attention to this all.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

Silva would keep smiling a senile grin but could feel that the young man didnt quite believe him and why was that? He was an old man which were known to become senile. So it was very normal for something like this to happen yet he did not buy it. Shou would see the card dropped and picked it up. Once they get up the stairs Silva would get off of the man getting back on the ground. "Okay okay, you dont believe i am senile. But I am an old weak man so show me respect young one. Well I am Silva and this is my student shou. Since we are together now why dont we explore this together? He would ask waiting for an answer before putting his hand on the gate to enter the dungeon.

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t9186-memiors-of-an-old-assassin

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

For a moment Menat looked at the merchant with a face of disappointment. It had seemed the young man that had met with him just moments before had cleaned him out of his remaining supplies. Yet she didn't want to be upset with the merchant himself, he actually seemed like a nice enough person to her for the moment. "Well, that's fine I gu..." She started to say she was okay with it and to wish him luck with his next sales once he restocked yet the elder man cut her off. It seemed he had found one last item in the confines of his chest as he withdrew an object with twin prongs extending up from a single handle. A weapon of some sorts was the first thing that came to mind for Menat, yet he didn't say what exactly it was nor what it did. Only that it couldn't be given to it's originally intended recipient any longer.

Yet he held the small object to her by the tips of the prongs as to offer her the handle, telling her that she was free to take it as a gift rather than pay him for it so long as she made him a promise. Should she win the dungeon she was simply to return to him and tell him about it. Nothing more, nothing less. The redhead's face was a true smile now as her fingers wrapped around the metallic object's hand to accept it from the merchant. "Even if I don't win I'll make sure to bring this back to you then and tell you everything I saw while I was in there." It was a genuine statement. For a moment she found herself lost in the face that had been sculpted into, what would be on a sword or dagger, the guard section. It was something fierce, almost demonic with the prongs extending up to resemble a pair of horns coming up from the face's forehead.

Her observation of the object was interrupted by the man offering one more piece of advice to her, a bell of sorts chiming loudly just moments prior, as he observed how the young man who had purchased all his wares had entered into the dungeon. With a nod she took his advice to get moving. "Thanks again! If you ever get the chance you should visit Meridia, I'm sure there are people there that'd love to see your offerings from time to time." She told him as she went off, running towards the entrance of the dungeon. As she hadn't actually seen the boy enter she didn't know how the door opened, only that it was simply shut. But she had her mother's stories of her own experiences with dungeons to guide her. Stuffing the gift into her supply bag she simply placed her hand against the imprint on the door's face.

(Entering the Dungeon)

WC: 482
TWC: 1,260

Khalik-I-Sabbah

Khalik-I-Sabbah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Khalik politely shook his head at the old man who fessed up to one of the greatest sins among mankind: being sound of mind. A jest surely, but one which held some subtlety of truth within it.

"Sure, I'll accompany you, old man. After all, comedy comes in three," his tone and mannerisms had been eradicated from all its prim and proper formalities. A shame really since he quite enjoyed the elegant pretense.

"But next time don't let the charades end so early;" or, in other words, 'don't be so quick to confess to your schemes.' As a fellow schemer, it was imperative his cohorts didn't rat themselves out at the first sign of suspicion.

Khalik's knuckles taps against the door; he was ready to skedaddle with Silva and Shou.

WC: 135

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The one eyed man would give the merchant the money he owed for the items, before taking the bag with his hand. Judging from the word from the merchant, it seemed that the dungeon was a dangerous place after all, she said ‘maybe’ and she also added ‘if’... ‘maybe if you come back…’ she said. How many people had entered the dungeon but ended up not coming back because of whatever happened inside? He could only assume there were thousands… brave warriors... cocky rich kids… any kind of person who was seeking for more power… Well, Tenma didn’t seek the power… yet, perhaps he would never really seek it or maybe he would in the future, he didn’t know, he hadn't given much thought. He just wanted to test the tide, he wanted to know what was inside…

“Sure, may I know your name, lady merchant? To make it easier to find you if I managed to come back from the dungeon with something nice.” Tenma smiled brightly, waiting for the woman’s answer. It seemed that Noir’s curious nature had seeped into him, which was quite interesting for Tenma to have such a strong curiosity towards things at the moment.

Tenma would give his attention back to Zubaidah, his one eye widened slightly when the woman said she would enter the dungeon as well. Perhaps they could team up? Well, he might just have to gamble. “Then would you mind if I come along with you, milady? I promise me and my companion wouldn’t get in your way.”

Rui Li could only raise her eyebrow when Amnet spoke to her before sighing heavily and nodded, “I think so… Never thought I would see this side of him. Name’s Rui Li by the way, nice to meet you.” The silver haired woman would offer her hand to Amnet as she introduced herself.

If Zubaidah agreed to add both him and Rui Li in her team, then Tenma and Rui Li would walk beside the purple haired lady, along with her companion, towards the gate of the dungeon before touching it.

OOC Notes: Touching the gate

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Looks like it’s a date then!’ Her womanly wiles might have suggested otherwise, but Zubaidah’s mind was filled with girlish romance. ‘But, alas, flirting with another woman already? I only just reserved our dinner-date at the Dungeon a moment ago!

Winking playfully at Tenma, she accompanied him and Rui Li towards the Dungeon’s gate, saying, ‘Let’s make this date worth it!’ And, with a slender hand touching the gate, she felt the familiar sensation of weightlessness lift her into the Dungeon - and it’s unknown trials.

OOC: Touched the gate as well!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum