You are not connected. Please login or register

Garret's starting abilities

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Garret's starting abilities Empty Garret's starting abilities 29/06/14, 03:38 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Name: Jagged Flying Ice
Tier: D
Cost: 10 Magoi
Element: Water (Ice Sub-Type)
Class: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Up to 10 meters
Duration: Instant
Cool-Down: 2 posts
Description: A slab of ice is formed through guidance, which doesn't necessarily have a uniform appearance. Typically partially jagged, the ice is generally around 1.5-2 meters in length and 1 meter in thickness and 1 meter in width. Even with the name, the ice in question can be smoothed out into a more elegant form. It can be propelled up to 10m/s with its casting, however it cannot move farther than 10 meters from the user. If propelled into another person, it would deal D rank damage to that individual. So long as the user is within 10 meters of the spell, this spell can be sustained to propel it for a longer duration.

Name: Water Manipulation Technique
Cost: 10 Magoi 5 sustained
Element: Water
Class: Supplementary
Range: 10 Meters
Duration: Sustained
Cool-Down: 2 posts after the sustain has been broken.
Description: Controls up to 125 cubic meters of water (5 meter diameter sphere, which would be the size of a studio room) within 10 meters of the user, which moves at a rate of 10 m/s. This water can possibly slow or halt an individual who is moving against the current, or it could be used to blast an opponent away. The distance the opponent is blasted away is calculated by subtracting either their speed at the time of being hit or their Running Speed, if they braced for impact, from the speed of the water. If the number is 0, they are stopped in their tracks. If the number is a negative number, they are still able to move at that speed against the flow.

Name: Water Gills
Cost: 10 Magoi, 5 sustain
Range: Self
Duration: Sustained
Cool-Down: 2 posts after sustain has been broken
Description: In short, the spell allows you to breath under water. It does so by creating a bubble of air around the mouth and nose, absorbing oxygen from the water around it.

Name: State Transmutation
Cost: 10 Magoi, 5 sustained
Range: 10 meters
Duration: Volume dependent
Cool-Down: 2 posts after the duration ends.
Description: This spell can change the 3 states of water; water, ice and mist.  At this level, water can be changed into ice or mist, but mist can only be condensed into water, and ice can only be melted to water. Converts up to 125 cubic meters of water (5 meter diameter sphere, which would be the size of a studio room) within 10 meters of the user, which converts at a rate of 10 cubic m/s (the size of a small crowd of 5 people).

Name: Pressure Control
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Magoi, 10 sustained
Class: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: 20 meters
Duration: Instantaneous
Cool-Down: 3 posts after sustain has ended.
Description: When cast on land this spell can place pressure on a person through the use of condensed water that is already existing (ex. Water Manipulation is flowing around the opponent, then cast Pressure Control). It can also be used on a bleeding wound to slow a person from bleeding out. In water, it can be used to lighten the load of pressure from deep diving, or increase that load by an order of magnitude. This can either provide C tier damage, or prevent C tier damage from bleeding. The technique moves at 10m/s. Rather than targeting a person in the attack, the spell targets a condensed area the size of a person.

P.S. State Transmutation requires me to talk scale. Cool 

5 meters is mentioned in the Abilities section of the forum. Since we're working in 3 dimensions, I'm assuming that this is 5 meters in diameter (can you imagine 5 meters in radius?) from the longest point from one side of the technique to the other. Now, to make maters simple, lets find the volume of a cube. To find volume of a cube, the equation is V = a^3. A is the length of 1 side. We have determined that 5 meters is the length, so 5^3 is 125 cubic meters. 125 cubic meters can contain up to 125 kiloliters, or 33,021~ gallons, of water.
:o
Now, with things like fireballs, this means you have a huge fireball that is about 2 times height of an average person in diameter.

My question is this; do the D tier spells really have this level of control over their elements, to create such large spells? Or am I looking at this wrong? Are the scales supposed to actually be in cubic meters already? 5 cubic meters is much more understandable than 125, lol. Mind you, if we are doing spheres the math is a bit different for volume, but that's cool.

Last edited by Garret on 30/06/14, 09:41 pm; edited 3 times in total

2Garret's starting abilities Empty Re: Garret's starting abilities 29/06/14, 08:49 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

To answer your question about scale it is diameter and I've always used spheres for all of my spells. They probably shouldn't have that scale at such a low tier but the system limits damage it can do so for now that giant ball of fire still can't do more than a sunburn worth of damage.

It's a flaw in the system but finding a proper fix for it hurts my head. If you got suggestions please post them in the appropriate board.

Jagged Flying Ice
-What exactly is supplementary about this spell?
-Duration shouldn't exceed the cool down and from the description this spell seems more like an instant, one post, type ability.(Supplementary spells that are mostly flavor text and serve absolutely no combat use at all are the only exceptions to duration lengths.)

Water Manipulation Technique
-You say "Controls up to...of water" so I'm guessing you were unsure of the scale issue. But that needs to be filled in.

Water Gills
-Duration can't exceed cool downs sadly however you could make the cool down longer to get a longer duration. This is to prevent cast stacking for defenses/poisons/burns/paralysis/buffs etc.

State Transmutation
-Requires scale/size of what can be transmuted
-Requires speed at which transmutation occurs
-Since it's instant you don't need a sustained cost

Pressure Control
-Where does the water come from? It can't just instantly appear surrounding your opponent as that would be an auto hit.
-Speed of this spell?
-Scale of his spell?
-Since it's instant you don't need a sustained cost but it seems to me like you'd want this to last more than the post it was used so I suggest extending your cool down and writing a proper lasting duration.

3Garret's starting abilities Empty Re: Garret's starting abilities 30/06/14, 01:52 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I made some edits as per your instructions. Here is some disambiguation:

For the duration/ cool-down issue I believe that any sustained ability doesn't go to the cool-down queue until after the sustain stops, as per the magic system rules. I have made this fixes in my edit to reflect that more clearly.

As for Jagged Flying Ice:
This is also supplementary since it could be used as a simple block of ice to just sit there in front of a person. It doesn't necessarily need to be an attack, but can be used at an attack due to it's nature.

I do intend to make a few suggestions about the magic system later and, if they make sense and people agree with it, I will have to make changes to these spells if they get approved lol.

4Garret's starting abilities Empty Re: Garret's starting abilities 30/06/14, 01:39 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

We get that the scale of spells creates a ton of water but instead of cubic meters please change your magic to express the scale in terms of size. No one can really fathom how "big" a certain cubic meters worth of water is.

Pressure Control
-Instead of being instant, just give a speed for how fast the spell "moves" from your wand to the body of water its being cast upon.

Everything else is good to go.

5Garret's starting abilities Empty Re: Garret's starting abilities 30/06/14, 09:31 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Bump

Fixed those final items, held back on throwing bananas in there for scale, but used other things that could be imagined.

6Garret's starting abilities Empty Re: Garret's starting abilities 30/06/14, 09:44 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Jagged Flying Ice
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi
[b]Element:[/b] Water (Ice Sub-Type)
[b]Class:[/b] Offensive/Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Up to 10 meters
[b]Duration:[/b] Instant
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Description:[/b] A slab of ice is formed through guidance, which doesn't necessarily have a uniform appearance. Typically partially jagged, the ice is generally around 1.5-2 meters in length and 1 meter in thickness and 1 meter in width. Even with the name, the ice in question can be smoothed out into a more elegant form. It can be propelled up to 10m/s with its casting, however it cannot move farther than 10 meters from the user. If propelled into another person, it would deal D rank damage to that individual. So long as the user is within 10 meters of the spell, this spell can be sustained to propel it for a longer duration.

[b]Name:[/b] Water Manipulation Technique
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi 5 sustained
[b]Element:[/b] Water
[b]Class:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] 10 Meters
[b]Duration:[/b] Sustained
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts after the sustain has been broken.
[b]Description:[/b] Controls up to 125 cubic meters of water (5 meter diameter sphere, which would be the size of a studio room) within 10 meters of the user, which moves at a rate of 10 m/s. This water can possibly slow or halt an individual who is moving against the current, or it could be used to blast an opponent away. The distance the opponent is blasted away is calculated by subtracting either their speed at the time of being hit or their Running Speed, if they braced for impact, from the speed of the water. If the number is 0, they are stopped in their tracks. If the number is a negative number, they are still able to move at that speed against the flow.

[b]Name:[/b] Water Gills
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi, 5 sustain
[b]Range:[/b] Self
[b]Duration:[/b] Sustained
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts after sustain has been broken
[b]Description:[/b] In short, the spell allows you to breath under water. It does so by creating a bubble of air around the mouth and nose, absorbing oxygen from the water around it.

[b]Name:[/b] State Transmutation
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi, 5 sustained
[b]Range:[/b] 10 meters
[b]Duration:[/b] Volume dependent
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts after the duration ends.
[b]Description:[/b] This spell can change the 3 states of water; water, ice and mist.  At this level, water can be changed into ice or mist, but mist can only be condensed into water, and ice can only be melted to water. Converts up to 125 cubic meters of water (5 meter diameter sphere, which would be the size of a studio room) within 10 meters of the user, which converts at a rate of 10 cubic m/s (the size of a small crowd of 5 people).

[b]Name:[/b] Pressure Control
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi, 10 sustained
[b]Class:[/b] Offensive/Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] 20 meters
[b]Duration:[/b] Instantaneous
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 3 posts after sustain has ended.
[b]Description:[/b] When cast on land this spell can place pressure on a person through the use of condensed water that is already existing (ex. Water Manipulation is flowing around the opponent, then cast Pressure Control). It can also be used on a bleeding wound to slow a person from bleeding out. In water, it can be used to lighten the load of pressure from deep diving, or increase that load by an order of magnitude. This can either provide C tier damage, or prevent C tier damage from bleeding. The technique moves at 10m/s. Rather than targeting a person in the attack, the spell targets a condensed area the size of a person.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum