Solomon's Proxy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Nahvi

Nahvi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Nahvi would glance around the room in Silence. She REALLY couldn't think of a reason to stay, the competition for the Djinn was simply too... off-putting. There was something weird here. Usually people fought for the Djinn however they were simply telling jokes and being merry. She wasn't against it usually... in fact she used to love doing those things, but Ever since her incident she felt like at this point she was simply wasting time. Now that Phobos Saw her she knew he'd go and tell Diana of course. She would need to leave as quickly as possible.

It was at this time that the Djinn would give them the option to leave or join the real battle. Rather than risking the lives of herself and her pets she had made up her mind fully. Additionally there was the matter of quantity. A lot of people had been there and she knew she'd stand no chance against them. "Kuzata, Zakad! We're leaving!" She'd say with a whistle. Before reaching the door she'd turn back. "And fuck off Phobos! If you know what's good for you!" Her glare toward the boy was piercing and cold! "Snitch to the family if you want, All of you can kiss my ass!" With that said she'd flip her hood up and walk out the door to with her pets. Diana would definitely be hearing about this however she knew the woman would find her if she wanted to... she did in the past.

(exit)

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

With the stone statue at his side, the disguised Zion stood back expecting another round of hilarity. But it seemed that the Djinn's second prompt for comedy had stumped many into silence. Soon the event moved on to the next phase. Lizbeth kept a stone solid expression, eyes ever unblinking. Yet beneath that visage Zion was bubbling with excitement. The first two jokes of his has slowly built up a foundation for his final performance. The plan was simple, use the statue as a stand in romantic partner. The magician would play out a forbidden love that culminated in his transformation reaching its limits. Lizbeth would become Zion just short of a kiss and all would laugh as his statue lover crumbled in despair at the revelation! Or such was his plan all along. The arrival of a dark entourage brought a pall upon his comedic ambitions.

The black birds of ill omen were the first clue that fun and games had turned to deadly serious stakes. Zion had personally experienced how the dark rukh could twist ones mind and whisper seductive thoughts of destruction into the very depths of your soul. Their advent brought a grim feeling to accompany a fast forming knot at the center of his gut. His eyes moved between the djinn and the new strangers at his side. One had a strange presence about him that seemed to command the obedience of the rukh. That man was unfathomable and Zion found he could not see through the cane toting stranger's depths at all. The other was but a child and yet his magoi was thick and abundant like no other child Zion had seen before.

The surroundings all wilted and died once the man with the cane acted. Even Zion's own statue which had been born from the environment suddenly aged and weathered as cracks covered its being and a few small chunks crumbled away into dust. Zion frowned so deeply it even showed on the typically unmoving face of Lizbeth. The djinn's subsequent threat didn't do much to intimidate Zion in comparison to the magic wielding by the mysterious boy. Actions speak louder than words after all. Those dark orbs of devastation seemed to call forth at least four different magic types. Their union formed a deceptively calm and smooth manifestation of chaos. Those spheres looked like they devoured even the light that touched them and promised only oblivious eternal to all who might do the same.

Perhaps it was time to flee. Zion felt no lack of fear driving him to do so. But within him was a voice urging him to stay. It was his father's voice. Mikael's dying words were a wish that Zion might one day become a great person. The meaning behind such a goal had long been out of reach, but Zion's time in the Reim Coliseum had helped him grasp some small truth behind its meaning. He knew not where such greatness could be found. Yet Zion did know for certain that it could not be found in retreat. Swallowing down the knot in his throat to join the other in his gut, Zion stepped forward only for Phobos to arrive before him. The young man's kind intentions touched Zion. It was enough to make one question how the truth Phobos had exposed could possibly align with the man that stood before them. Lizbeth closed her eyes and shook her head at his suggestion.

"I appreciate your concern, sir. But I will not shy away from fate. It was my own choice to enter this dungeon. I will see it through to the end."

The large woman then moved past Phobos and stepped forth to meet the djinn's expectations just in time to avoid being in the way of a certain decapitation that was soon to follow. Standing there, front and center, Lizbeth looked over the dark and bleak atmosphere with a sigh. She was silent for a moment before turning to face not Jedidiah, but the rest of the remaining competitors. "I must confess a truth to you all...I am not Lizbeth." The Trickster Foxspirit transformation came to an end and the large frame of Lizbeth slowly shrank. The disturbing sound of bones crunching and flesh shifting could be heard briefly and curled brown hair turned into straight silver locks. The tiny cloak, now a perfect fit, settled around Zion as his fluffy fox ears stood up and nine bushy tails spread out behind him. "My name is Zion Koval, though some of you may know me as Swordking." The magician gave both Noir and Angelus meaningful glances as he introduced himself before turning around to face the djinn, solomon's rukh gathering around him in an excited flock as Zion resolved himself to accept the fate born from revealing his identity here.

"That truth was for them. But for you, o' djinn, for you I choose to dare!"

Zion pointed a sharp finger at the djinn alongside his declaration. Having never played truth or dare before, Zion did not know the rules. Rather than wait for Jedidiah to present a dare, he initiated one himself! "I dare you to renounce your father and come follow me! If you find this world worth cursing, then curse it until you watch me change it into one worth blessing. After all, within me burns a passion so blinding that it already eats me alive!" The youth grinned and stood firm as he pointed his wand skyward. He was still wary of the orbs of Oblivion but at the moment Zion could not spare them a second glance. He cast three spells of light magic sending rays of light upwards one after the other only to end them immediately. In turn his Advanced Magic Doll body underwent a new transformation of a magical variety as his rukh tuned itself to orange rukh. His entire body radiated a bright light, his eyes glowing like divine torches. Zion then focused on the djinn and its response to his last gamble of a joke, careful not to gaze directly at it or anyone else lest it be mistaken for an attack.

Magoi: 250/340

Traits:

Spells:

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

Laughter would pour out of his voice. As he heard the Djinn speak. Even more so the person that just left as well. As he would then say. "That girl had the right idea....well my idea...You see folks people are willing to change themselves but for what? A tiny bit of power. But what will happen next djinn? Every time they call upon your might. They must tell a joke or else you won't help.....tsk tsk tsk...Oh, what the mighty would do for power to keep the power... I want to stick around just to see who would be crown fool this time. On that note, I must play the game as well so here I go." As he said that he would stand up to get a better position to start to tell his tale.

"There once was a little girl. But she was not like the rest let's just say her kind was not wanted by the other kind. All she ever longed for was to have the love and warmth of the village people. But instead, she finds the dark arts. So on one fateful day, she happen upon an injured puppy. The village long give up on it and left it to die. But you guess it not her.
Try as she might she could not save it by normal means. So well she used what is now known as life magic healing. Save the poor dog life she did. But that would change her forever. However upon finding out what she could do and did. The village people label her what people now call a witch. However, they tried to drown her with water however she still breathed in it. They even set her flames only for the fire to heal her. No emotions were given to the people from her to the people. Not until they ended the mutt life she loved so dearly. Instead of crying she would smile and smile and smile until she stopped and well started to laugh. But as she was laughing the people were running and screaming. You see she sent waves of water crushing at them and set their very lives on fire. As she walked out of the village holding on to her lifeless pet. It would be burning down to the ground and the moral of this story is my dear Djinn. If she could not feel the warmth of the people's burning love well then. She will feel the warmth of the people burning homes...hahaha. But that story is considered the first historical record of witches you know."

He would start to laugh as he looked on and then went silent.

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As everything seemed to grow more magnificent, he wondered about the family of a djinn once Jed had spoken that he was loved by his. But in his fascination, a pair was revealed. A magican with a nearly angelic staff and a young adult who seemed to fit the theme and happiness of the dungeon.

'Half-brother? For a djinn to have a sibling?'

Then as Jedidiah offered more jokes but more honestly even a simple truth or dare would suffice. Then what he presumed to be the father seemed to cast some powerful magic that sapped the life from the dungeon. Somehow, Eight was unfazed by the plot twist. The slaver felt as if Jedidiah was a kindred spirit as a fibber, but also had something that he needed... passion. Perhaps this would unlock what the slaver was missing. The threat of being eaten alive by his emotions was exhilarating.

Then he bore witness to the other contestants of the dungeon, Phobos seemed to open up with the truth, while the freshly-introduced Zion, which caught his eye with his own ability to shape shift, had sparked some thoughts that would be left on the back burner, had chosen to dare... something who was already full of emotions... finally Ghost, a person who had been with him for every dungeon besides Noir, had seemed to tie into his fate in some twisted way. The rest of the cast, even Noir seemingly leaving no impression.

"O djinn of falsehood and farcehood, I've got a final joke for you."

Eight would look around looking at his competition and with complete confidence, speaking directly to Jedidiah and those who supported him.

"Why was every other number afraid of Eight?"

"Because there is no One like me."

The joke might have not landed, and Jedidiah seemed to want trauma, so he went onto explain himself. "That's my slave name, Eight. One of a hundred... born a slave alongside my parents" He would loosen the clothing from his neck, peeling it off to the floor and turning his back to Jedidiah, looking over his shoulder.

"No matter how many potions I have imbibed, the scars never seem to fade." There was a network of scars on his back, in the shape of a spider web, and he would reveal himself a slaver to those in the know as there was an extremely visible Black Spiders mark at the top of the web.

"Now I, once a slave have crossed over to the other side, and now have dominated, any any means necessary many others."

Eight would hide the many details of his suffering, but there was much more under the surface.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

What were most games or forms of play but some sort of practice for a skill or habit that would be useful in one's life, and in a mere moment the adolescent had seen how quickly people had turned from play to a mode of defense. As the mood fell sour on his heart he looked upon the dungeon that had already changed before he had even gotten to enjoy it. Why did they even bring him here? The thought ravaged his mind despite the cheery disposition he wore. He was lucky they couldn't see his eyes, the tiredness he felt at the moment was a kind unlike any other as he took in the situation.

His magic, the orbs that wrought destruction floated around him, his tool to destroy or protect, a feeling and thought that waged war within his mind and soul from every moment his heartbeat within his chest. Despite all this, he was a cheerful young man and looked over at his so-called brother.

"I liked it when you were trying to be a bit more fun, would've been nice to get a chance to join in on the games." He said through his smile before his gaze turned, his eyes peeking through for a moment. "I'd like to apologize for Jed's distastefulness, but I suppose while I'm here I should enjoy my time."

To some, it might've sounded ominous with the situation, but for a moment he stepped forward-thinking about the things he had heard them say. He might've been brought along but he had been inspired as a plan started to hatch into his head as ambitions long-suppressed began to cultivate in the back of his mind. With a deep breath, he floated into the air, crossing his legs and crossing his arms with his palms facing up then the energy they had felt from him suddenly disappeared. Although his orbs were still there and then there was pressure.

In a sudden gust that came from behind the crowd, they were all suddenly blinded by black and white fluttering as a massive field of the rukh swirled and flowed into the Demi-Djinn, as for a moment he showed them his strength as like a field so big you were at first unaware you were in it he had overflowed the false dungeon and its image shimmered for a moment and he let out a gentle sigh as he seemingly noticed something.

"Now is not the time for my choices to be made, but to test, and to learn, is what I must do." He looked at the other man, and the others before he looked at them all. "So, in contrast to my brother's question, tell me a joke about the happiest period in your lives, tell me why this world makes people happy."

Sollas:

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

'Happiest?'

Hyperion seemed to see some duality between the two half brothers. While Hyperion was in tune with his trauma and pain... Hyperion was an unsure person about his happiness, his whole life seemed to be filled with unresolvable history and just overcoming struggle after struggle. The slaver couldn't recall a true moment of happiness which wasn't simply a moment of hedonism or materialistic wealth.

But a moment of recollection seemed to bring him some relief, and a joke came to mind...

"They always say revenge is a dish best served cold, but do you know why?"

Pausing a moment to observe the room, and paying attention to everyone else, but especially to Jedidiah and his family.

"Because it is just-ice."

Hyperion would drop his pants to his ankle, stepping out of them. Then revealing a deep scar around his thigh. "I got revenge for this thing... it was only a fraction of the pain I've received, and only a fraction of the revenge, but it has been the sweetest thing I have tasted in my life. Being able to destroy a facsimile had brought me so much peace of mind.... I can only imagine what tasting the real thing will be like."

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Upon the ground was to lay the sprawled out Angelus, dazed from the fall, having not quite moved yet. If not for the magoi armor he laced his body with, he was to have been dead. However, the fall did impair his senses for a moment. Angelus could not quite move or stand well, due to being so shaken up. It did not matter what the Djinn had said, for Angelus barely understood any of what was said.

In this state, he was feeling quite weary, tired, too shaken to talk properly. Angelus himself was unscathed, but his head had been jumbled up too much by the fall. As this unprecedented event occurred before him, he was to grab his head while seeing Zion who unveiled himself. Angelus proceeded to grumble, slurring his words that were usually quite refined.

Angelus: "Z.. Zion? Ah- P-pardon me.. Is that a Dark Djinn perhaps? Ah.."

Said the dazed man, having not quite totally been himself from the moment he had entered this obscure dungeon? It was then that Angelus was to begin to wobble, before falling backward, falling through the portal. Will the man even remember the events of today? If he did somehow, perhaps today may even be mistaken for that of a fever dream.

EXIT

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Items:

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As Ghost looked on he would then say to the false Djinn and the brother. Not with Sollowness in his voice or eyes. But more or so a happy sadness. As Ghost would then say to the being which was right in front of him. "Well, it is a joke all on its own. But as I said before I am not into making jokes. But the happiest moment came to me. Upon me realizing I can do magic.... The moment I discovered this I was like a bird you know. I could come and go as I saw put. Just like a bird, I could fly over the world and shit where I see fit...." As he said that he would have a smile on his face. Yet he had his mask on so not many would be able to notice it.

As he looked on he was still wondering who would end up with this Djinn. On that note, he truly wanted to know what was a half Djinn? There were still so many things to ask but this was not a serious matter more or less a joking one.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It felt like she was riding a roller coaster of emotion ever since she entered the dungeon. The Djinn asked a lot of a rather unique questions and the people who entered had answered in a rather different way as well. Noir wouldn't lie but it amused her, by just entering a dungeon, she was able to see a lot of type of people and learn lot about their talents or even their stories. Not only that, she was able to learn about something new.

The girl remained quiet when the Djinn made the rukh flutter in an eerie way, she stared right towards the Djinn himself when he introduced his family. But Noir frowned a little bit the moment he told them to tell a joke about the  darkest point of their life. She understood the assignment, but it was something she couldn't possibly do. Not because she couldn't, but because she didn't think she could make a joke out of the darkest point in her life. She moved on and she should've been able to laugh it off, but it was a sacred past for her, something that shaped her to become what she currently was at the moment. Therefore, she remained silent, again.

After a little bit of a show from the father, the city lost its color and glory instantly, as if it was revealing the true form of the city itself.  was unfortunate considering how colorful the city was before, but as the city got swallowed by time, it had its own charm for Noir's eyes.  However her blessed eyes would found their interest to something else, to the staff the man was holding. In a blink of the eye, the Djinn's appearance changed and he introduced himself as the betrayer and the false Djinn.

"Zion... he is okay, it's a relieve." The magician murmured when she saw the gigantic woman revealed her true form. But Zion and the Djinn wouldn't be the only one to show their true form... as Hyperion joined them by revealing that he was a slaver. Not directly, but Noir could tell what he meant. She was surprised, but no, she didn't feel betrayed. Yes she hate slavery, especially the slavers but she knew some young slave had no choice but to become the slaver themselves when they grew up. So instead of hatred, she could only feel pity. The world was indeed a cruel place... but...

There was no other right time to voice her answer to regarding the Demi-Djinn's question. He asked about the happiest period in their lives and why this world makes people happy. "Because the world... despite of it being cruel and unforgiving sometimes, but it has a lot of wonder and warmth too. Nothing is perfect and we should love the imperfect version of it as well." It was a very simple answer for her curious mind, "But the happiest day of my life would be... when I was able to gain freedom by escaping from the  slavery." The black haired magician closes her eyes, reminiscing about her past. "The first cup of tea I drank after I escaped tastes like freedom, and I call it...LiberTEA."

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The sudden surge of black and white rukh which gathered around Sollas as a nexus was a sight yet unseen for the young magician. His understanding of the rukh was still woefully shallow for a magician of his caliber. Zion had assumed the rukh of solomon and the black birds of depravity were in direct opposition with one another. Forcing the two to occupy the same place would lead only to violent destruction. But here before his eyes was a youth greedily commanding both kinds of rukh at once. The shock of this feat was not what sent Zion into a brief silence however. No, that was caused by the question Sollas posed. To look back on the happiest time in Zion's life it was doubtless those short few weeks of time he had spent with his father, Mikael. But to make a joke about those blissful days of endless learning and laughter? The hurt was still too deep for Zion to face the memory so light heartedly. Especially since the weight of Mikael's last words still rested heavily on Zion's shoulders.

The glowing light around Zion dimmed ever so slightly in accordance with his mood as he sunk into deep thought. The magician stroked his golden chin with fingers of light and closed his eyes. The two beams that were drawn by his gaze vanished temporarily and Zion wrestled with an answer for the demi-djinn. Zion didn't stop for a moment to even question why he should bother satisfying Sollas' curiosity or just who the boy was in the first place. He was simply swept up along with the momentum of the others. "Pfft..." The silver haired magician could not stifle entirely his laugh at Noir's punny joke, however, and this pulled him from his hesitant thoughts. He opened his eyes and cast a slight smile at Noir. Now that Angelus had left she was his only known friend still present as it was still too soon to say if Phobos would remain courteous after Zion's reveal.

Giving silent thanks to Noir, Zion felt the courage to speak and stepped forward once more. "The happiest days of my life were in the beginning. My father spent the last days of his life teaching me what he could. Right up until he laid down for bed one final time, I was living each day with joy. But my father could not escape his fate, so he accepted it and spent his final moments smiling...come to think of it, I think he may have been so happy at the end because I was there at his side when the time came." A twinkling tear of light fell from Zion's cheek and dissolved before it even reached the floor. Zion paused to get his emotions under control and took a deep breath before continuing. "He was proud of me, you know? After all, my birth was his bright idea!" Zion said with a beaming smile, the light emitting from his returning to its former brightness in time with the declaration.

"It isn't the world itself that bring happiness. It is the people we meet within it. The feelings they engrave onto our hearts. The things we achieve with our own hands. The world is just a place to facilitate all of these things. I think that is why, even on his death bed, my father kept on smiling right till the end. It is because he had a son, one who carved out a love in his heart, one whom he gave life through his own efforts. Relationships. Emotions. Achievements. These things can bring pain just as well, but they also bring fulfillment. That, is my truth of this world."

Zion said his piece and then stepped back once more, bowing his head feeling somewhat stuck in a twilight between both sorrow and bliss.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Jedidiah would take in the humor like a fine perfume. Reuniting in their feelings, in the anguish and confusion of those that left was an ecstacy of its own for the djinn. The dark humor steeped finely in misery and topped well with wordplay caused a sharp laugh to crack.

"Well quite the twist" he'd say in response to his brother's question. "Well I must say i appreciategrestly towards the guests that have not onlyplayed in my game but also my brother's. I'm sure father holds his own opinions but I have my choice of winner. My dear fsmilt has their own gifts they wish to offer. I warn you though, I will let them have their own say."

As Jed had finished his words the rukh around them all seemed to swirl. He examined them all, thinking about the wits they wages in the war of words. The one who gave the most consistent humor was the one he wished to support. Not only had they kept up the humor but it also had quality to it.

The djinns many eyed darted around in a roulette until settling upon their desired target. Towards the direction of a slaver he would speak. "I'd question your skills as a master but you one thing you can control is a flow of comedy. I respect a man who can laugh at the humilating mockery fhis world is. I think you could make fun of this silly world."

He had spoken his piece towards the undead man. While he spoke his father seemed to tap the stave impatiently as if there was something he was waiting for. Jedidiah would turn back towards the both of them and would ask them a simple question.

"What do the both of you say, its no gun if we just go off what I find is funny, I mean even the other guests must admit."

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

While the rest of the dungeon seemed to hold no meaning to him Sollas seemed very interested in the answers to his prompt, the jokes were entertaining enough but each one gave him more insight into the people before him. He took in a deep breath as he felt a weary smile break across his face at the moment. As his eyes scanned over them once again he gave a silent nod as if confirming something to himself.

"Well, it seems that everyone here has come from different places, and will be going along different paths through life." He stopped for a moment as he looked at his so-called half-brother. "Yet, I don't know where even I myself will end up after all this, I want to see what some of you can do."

He lifted his hands and waved them in front of himself as he moved a bit closer, and pulled out a box and pushed it in front of them. It would stay closed as he hovered infront of it and would give them all his challenge. "I wish to see what one of you would do with my magic, so as your final act of fun, from me, pull from this box something you've always wanted but never had before, and act for me how it would've felt when you wanted it and how it feels to get it now."

"It's simple, I want to see what you would do with something you desire, especially after you've thought you'd never had it before, and please just be earnest to yourself." He would seemingly stop for a moment as if something in him was stalling for a moment before he finished his sentiment. "Maybe, just maybe one of you is worthy of my magic, maybe not me, but to know my magic, then again who's even sure if I'm worthy to decide?"

There is a 4ft x 4ft box infront of Sollas, you can pull a mundane item out from it within its dimensions, use this item for your scene and feel free to post an image

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Though Zion held no strong desires to obtain the djinn Jedidiah, he had hoped to ensure it did not fall into the hands of sinister forces. Unfortunately he was unable to secure the comedy loving being's favor. The magician sighed and expended a large sum of magoi to resent the rukh within his body placating their obsession with light magic. The bright glow faded from his body and his gaze lost that burning gleam. Zion looked to the slaver and considered making a move against him, but to do so now was likely a fool's gambit. His eyes shifted over to the man with a can and the child nearby. Both held unfathomable power which Zion could not manage to gauge in the slightest. Though there were other people present who might stand against them, there were no guarantees that any among them would take that risk. Zion could only accept the results and continue to dance about in the palm of these powerful players for now.

The games had yet to reach their final conclusion after all. A fact made evident by Sollas' call for yet more improvisation. By this point, Zion's soldier of earth had already reached its limits and crumbled away into dust so there was no use in relying on the construct. If he were to participate it would have to be entirely on Sollas' terms. Between the three hosts of this dungeon, Sollas was by far the one which currently gave Zion the least amount of concern. Black rukh suffused his aura just like the other two, but there was a mix of solomon's white rukh present around the youth as well. Zion swallowed down his fears and approached wondering what sort of ordeal could have caused this unique situation with the boy's rukh. Zion even felt a slight sense that there was something he held in common with Sollas. An existence that was not simply human. The status of an unnatural monster which could never find themselves a proper place within the traditional roles of society. The mere thought of this brought a depressing pall over the storm kitsune's mood.

With great sorrow weighing upon Zion's heart he stepped up to the box and looked inside. The magician's slender porcelain-like hand reached inside. Then the other hand entered. They searched and groped about for an uncomfortably long time before finally retracting from the box empty handed. Zion stared down at his two empty hands and grasped them into tight fists. His eyes closed shut tightly for a moment, the expression on his face showing pain in Zion's heart clearly for all to see. Then he opened hands and eyes alike, his entire body and expression relaxing into a somber melancholy acceptance. "Unfortunately, what I've long desired can not be found within your box. There were objects I fancy, of course. The research papers of my father which had been stolen. Magic tools made based on that research. A replica of my home from which I have been gone for far too long...but none of these things are what I've truly wanted during this short life of mine." Zion looked up and leveled a heavy gaze onto Sollas attempting to lock eyes with the boy. Reflected in Zion's look was the true nature of his own spirit. Likewise, just a child. One that was lonely and insecure. One which struggled to come to terms with his own identity as something other than human.

"The thing I desire most is intangible. It is a normal life. Others have childhoods, the opportunity to grow old, to have families. But I am blessed with none of these chances. It is too much to say that I carry a curse. I was blessed with life after all. For that, I am forever grateful to my dearly departed father. Yet I continue to yearn for more. For that which almost everyone else seems granted. I do not know how it would feel to finally obtain that cherished wish. It yet still eludes me. Perhaps it will forever. But if I had to make a guess...I'd say that it would make me feel...whole. No longer divided between the identities of "son" and "monster" as I have been. At the very least, I would hope that it could fill this hole in my heart born from a sense of no belonging to this world."

It was unknown to Zion when the tears began to flow, but now that he had finished speaking he felt the hot streams running down his cheeks. He gave a soft self mocking laugh and shook his head as he wiped away the salty stains. "Sorry, the goal was fun but I've brought only a depressing display before you. I shall take my leave now." The magician said with a slight bow before stepping back so that another might approach the box and give it a try.

Magoi: 200/340

Phobos Corvus

Phobos Corvus
D-Tier
D-Tier

There was little laughter at his expense and the numbness of the situation left him seeking excitement in other places where there was little to be found. In the near thought of turning back through the portal, a head flies past his peripheral and a darted redirection of his vision lands upon the saviors to his boredom.

Though the vaulted head seemed to have missed its mark, it slowly rolled back down the uneven terrain back to his feet. Without a word, he bends down and picks it up in his hands. For a moment, he stares into Blonde Hair’s lifeless eyes, his thumbs pressed into his lower jaw.

Phobos looks over to Bunny Suit and nods with a kind smile.

“It’s alright. Just be a little more careful next time.”

What they had done was nothing he hadn’t seen before. Even if it made his stomach turn, the act was no worse than watching Pluto consume a field of corpses. The smell of blood didn’t bother him as much as the stench of decay. At the very least, it wouldn’t stick to his skin.

He looks back down at the head in his hands. “You didn’t let me finish my sentence, lady,” he says in a pitched voice, moving the jaw as though it were speaking. “Now, I’m going to go absorb it all by myself. You won't get any of it now. Why don’t you help me out, kid?”

With a shrug, he approaches Sollas from which a large box was raised in front of. Had the young fanalis paid much attention, he would have known its purpose. Yet instead of taking something out, he drops the head into the container before returning to the side of his new companions.

“I wonder if his plan will work,” he hums, looking up at the two. “What do you think?”

Saint Germain

Saint Germain
D-Tier
D-Tier

As she watched Phobos treat her comrade’s head like some broken puppet, Bunny Suit broke into maniacal laughter, ‘Oh, damn! Yeah, I like this kid. He’s fucking crazy!’ Unlike his companion, however, Top Hat was less than content with Phobos’ behaviour, looking towards his blade with regret and concern. ‘I do not think it wise to encourage such behaviour, ourself. It is clear to me that the lad has been -

A sound like unoiled hinges came from beneath Bunny Suit’s heels, ‘Shut the fuck up.’ As he looked below her heels, Top Hat watched as Blonde Hair’s shoulder burst from the socket with a popping sound. ‘Did I ask for your opinion?’ Even as the shoulder cracked into several pieces, Bunny Suit stared directly into Top Hat’s eyes with coldness and curled lips.

No, I thought not.’ As her lips curled further into a cruel smile, she kicked Blonde Hair’s body towards Top Hat’s feet. ‘Go clean up after that failure.

And then her smile brightened, as if she had done nothing wrong.

Hey, hey, weird kid! Listen up, you got a good head on those shoulders, don’t you?’ Bunny Suit began laughing to herself, purposeful and irreverent, patting Phobos on the back with loud smacks. ‘Nevermind me! Just chuckling to myself, you know. It was a good pun, wasn’t it?

How about we play a game?’ She looked at the competition, snickering as Zion and Eight bared their hearts in Jedidiah’s company, ‘These jokes aren’t exactly fun, are they?

Why don’t you join in, Jed? And you, grumpy kid!

Without warning, Bunny Suit reached inside her mouth and tore something from her pearly-whites. As she held it towards her audience, however, the black colour made it clear that this was no tooth, ‘I got a pill in this hand…’ Reaching into Sollas’ box, Bunny Suit retrieved something similar in shape and colour to her black pill, ‘…and a different one in that one.

If you choose right, you’ll get unlimited knowledge.’ She began to swap the pills between each hand, grinning all the while, ‘If you choose wrong, you’ll die a fucking terrible death.

Would you take the gamble?

@ tag ● # # # ● notes

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

There was a shared understanding between the false djinn and Hyperion, but a pulse of greed flashed through Hyperion's mind and he wasn't going to leave any cards on the table. To him, it seemed as if everyone seemed to evade Sollas' request. Pulling nothing out, dropping something in, and then turning it into a game. To Hyperion, they seemed to hide their convictions, what they truly desired or perhaps they didn't know it themselves.

The undead would approach the uniquely dressed magician that seemed to enjoy games, a trait the two shared. Hyperion would stand nearly a head taller than him, staring into his pupils, noticing their oddly jet black appearance. Hyperion would reach for one of the pills that matched those orbs, but he would hesitate for a moment, uncertain if he would want all the knowledge, would he have even entered if he had known what the results would be?   "I think you've got it backwards. Knowledge is the curse, and death is the gift. At least to me."

Hyperion's mind was clear to know exactly what he wanted. He would dip his arm at the nearly shoulder height box and he would seemingly pullout a small, twin pronged blade?

Jedidiah The Great Living City [NoM/April Fools/Event] - Page 2 Pvu7MKM

It was an ornate tuning fork that Noir would recognize having been their at its collection. This was the vessel that Menat had chosen for herself upon her victory within the dungeon of Ipos.

At the time, the loss was INSTRUMENTAL in Hyperion's desire for growth and strength, ridding him of undue conceit. But he had wishes to know of the path untaken.

"This."
Then with his other hand he would pull out his Iessai-no-Sutemu, tapping the tuning for to have it sing aloud.

He would hold both in a single hand, disguising the source of the power he would invoke. Seeping magoi into his hand, then sweeping the false vessel across the room, at all the other candidates, starting farthest from Saint Germain. "I would make you all..."

Then tapping the bough to Saint Germain's temple, invoking enough magoi for Izanagi's Call. "Bow." It was as if his words were laced with the very magoi he has used. He would see himself as a king, as the legends claimed that one who was chosen by the djinn were to become king candidates.

Using Iessai-No-Sutemu's Izanagi's Call on Saint Germain.

Magoi: -20

Name: Iessai-no-Sutemu
Tier: Alma Torran Artefact
Type: Artefact - Bough
Material: Unknown
Magic Type: Intelligence
Appearance: A one and a half metre branch of an oak tree - that is what it appears to be. However, when viewed closely, the branch seems to be made from many hundreds of coiled-up wires. The composition of said wires has not been ascertained, not with the combined efforts of scholars from Magnostadt and Kou; all that is known was its Kinan name. It is believed this is only one part from a greater collection of so-called ‘branches’ that may have once formed a tree-like network working in unison.
Function:

Izanagi’s Call: Pouring magoi into the top of the Iessai, one may press it against a target’s temple and choose a small phrase for the Iessai to repeat. This phrase could be ‘eat the apple’, ‘sleep now’, ‘kill this man’ or any other command phrase - as long as it is an imperative. This will impart a subconscious suggestion that will force the target to act upon the command phrase for a post. If sustained, these command words can be linked together for a total of three command phrases working upon one person at a time [20 magoi to activate | 10 to sustain]

[Passive] The Roots of Ame-no-Mihashira: Once the suggestion has been placed, for every thread that someone who has been targeted by Izanagi’s Call and the Iessai are present, the suggestion will get stronger and stronger until they cannot resist acting upon the command phrase. However, only the last command phrase that was imparted on a target will have this effect.

Izanami’s Voice: This has a dual function: Pouring magoi into the base of the Iessai, one may record any audio content within earshot, up to an hour’s worth, that is stored within the bough. For each new recording, a small branch will grow outwards from the bough [10 magoi to activate]. Pouring magoi into one of those branches, one can replay the recording, sounding in hushed tones like whispers [10 magoi to activate | 5 magoi to sustain].

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he saw the man go up to the Djinn of falsehood. ghost would watch on to see what was his best move. Slowly but surely he would watch. As the man laid claim to his desire. Upon hearing what he had to say. Upon seeing what it was that he truly wanted. Having never said a world to this lad. But having seen him. More than once tower after tower. Ghost finally came to an understanding of what this man wanted and that was to rule the world. He would be damned if he could not do anything else. As Ghost turn was up. Then give a bow with a silly pristine with it. It was as if he was mocking the man. Well because he was in fact mocking the man. As he would then say to him. Rather he would listen or not. "Hahaha oh my oh my."

He would say with a very silky like voice. "Do you want the crown now or do you want the crown later? Ohhhh...I know you rather have it now. The only problem with that is you keep waking up out of that dream of yours. You know the one where you are the almighty king. You wake up to reality a reality where you are nothing more than a slave who owns slaves. A reality where your friend has claimed two Djinn in the Tower Of Power and you've yet to claim one. Not even one." As he started to walk around keeping a safe distance but still close by. "Your fate is not to be king of the world. Your fate is not to defeat that queen of that nation. Your fate is to serve me by spreading my influence around the world." As he said that he would be looking up at the sky but then turned back to the slave master. " We both share the same pain in being undead. So us fighting to the death would be a waste of time. So when we do cross paths. When we do fight and we will because we have similar goals. Our battle will not be to the death. But a fate much worse. As we will fight to see who will rule and who will serve...Now excuse me while I seek out my treasure. "

Soon Ghost would be at the box. As he took his hand inside he would slowly but sure pull out a crown. As he held the crown. It was dark blue and green. Almost transparent in appearance. As Ghost put it on his head. He would say. "Since birth, I've been fighting a secret war. This crown if I had it then maybe just maybe. I would be able to end it. You see this crown allows me to control the very souls of dead magical beings such as magicians and witches. You see this crown is so strong that I can not wield it yet. But once I find it. This world Flase Djinn I will truly create change in it. By ridding the world of this selfish illness known as Royalty.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Something I desire... but never had before..." Noir murmured to herself, wondering about the answer. She knew she desired knowledge, but it should be more specific because there were so many forms of knowledge.

The magician made up her mind, but she would let other people approach the box first. So many different items being pulled out from it, but perhaps the one Hyperion pulled out was the only one Noir recognized. Of course, she would, because it was the metal vessel Menat had chosen for Ipos. It was clear that the undead wanted something related to that, perhaps related to power and maybe the title of a king based on the action he took afterward.

With a sigh, the magician would step forward, finally taking her turn to interact with the box. "Knowledge is power..." She stared at the box, "And I have been endlessly searching for that. It feels like an addiction, once I found something, I want to know more. I have an insatiable thirst for that, possibly because I need the power... I feel greedy. But I want it so bad." Noir closed her eyes as she pulled out something from the box, a book... obviously.

Jedidiah The Great Living City [NoM/April Fools/Event] - Page 2 E815c9ee9011c0226b31e1875e2b6a3c

Noir stared at the book, wondering what will happen if she read it. Wondering what will happen if she got all the knowledge she wanted to know... She didn't know... It had always been her life purpose, she could've just found another purpose but it would feel different and she knew it. So the magician drop the book into the box again before turning her back and walk away, back to where she stood to wait for her turn.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
As darkness came upon Jedidiah, the rukh were roused into a frenzy. A sound came from their frantic wings, like nails on a blackboard, that woke Zubaidah with a sudden start. She was allowed no more slumber, even as she began dozing off, for she could not ignore the rukh growing ever louder.

What the fuck is happening here?’ As she stared out in horror towards Sollas, Zubaidah kept her thoughts between herself and the rukh. Her slumber had been filled with sweet dreams, but Jedidiah had turned into some nightmarish scenario. ‘I have to get away…’ When her thoughts turned towards escape from this mind-bending scene, the rukh hummed and buzzed in disappointment. It seemed that they wanted Zubaidah to follow them back towards Jedidiah.

Fuck it, I can’t trust anything else here.’ As she used the commotion between Eight and Saint Germain as cover, Zubaidah moved away from the main action and towards a side-alley. From there, she followed the sound of buzzing rukh until she was positioned on the other side of Jedidiah and company. As she listened closer to the rukh, however, Zubaidah thought that they were directing her towards the so-called ‘Father’ of Sollas and Jedidiah. And so, while the challengers distracted themselves in Sollas’ games, Zubaidah used her position to keep track of Father - and move slowly towards him.
340/340 | word/1500 | 390/390

using white rukh perks to listen to the rukh's guidance

using Solomon's Empathy to follow the rukh's guidance

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Jedidah stood firm in his choice, saying aloud "Such conviction, I'm sure my brother and father will not mind my choice with how things have gone. From the comments of those following you, I'd say you're versed in the proceedings of a dungeon. The vessel, what shape, what form shall I inhabit for you my slave king, I can become the ball and chain if you're a fan of irony."

The Djinn would chuckle for a bit before continuing to say "My humor aside, you were all lovely, our Kind Saint, I would suggest having blonde send their heads flying. I wouldn't want people thinking this is an execution. From your games, I'm assuming you do desire a slaughter. If that is your wish, and you wish for people to die why don't we give everyone a choice don't you agree?"

A twisted snicker would creak out as if someone had stepped through one of the decrepit houses. In the sky, the rukh would coalesce as light would shine from a great magic symbol. Jedidiah would be ready to chant, to call forth the great magic he held. With words, precise, sharp, quiet, and quick he would say at Saint Germain "So you snickering horde if you commend or condemn yourself I do not care. I ask though, do you wish to play this game?"

It was all he had to say in their action, he would let Sollas and Father answer to things on their own. Sollas seemed to have quite the chance for new friends, Father seemed to have his own course of action. Once actions had been taken, pacts had been made, Jedidiah would enter his vessel.

Father, stepping forward would speak for the first time. "Some of you may know me," he would begin "you may believe you've even met me, but I am unique in a right of my own. What is also unique, is the gift I offer. My sons offer knowledge and power alike, my prize may seem as both. I promise you more than anything, that what I offer you is a key, a key to what I cannot tell you. Tho I may relinquish one small bit, it unfastens the future."

His cane, great and gilded would be presented out in both hands. An expressionless face contrasted a voice of passion while father would finish his explanation. "This I offer before you is called a divine stave, one which can create a dream realm of one's inner makings. This stave is only for one who craves deception, or a true idealist. I see a young who die trying to wield young magic but it seems the Fanalis fears not death tho I do not encourage him to take it."

His face turned, towards the approaching Zub "You as well, can try and take this gift, for it is the hands that grasp it first which can claim its' power, and they who leave clutching the cane shall keep it. Though, unlike the boy, I suggest you not grab it for your own reasons, I'm not sure you can handle a curse if you risk my touch goi."

The masked face turned towards that of Saint Germain and Noir, glancing between the two of them before saying "You two, seem the most appropriate, the doll I feel will find more kinship in the words of Sollas, but you two, maybe even the Ghost with the false crown. I imagine you can make great use of this power, please nothing would make me happier than if one of you three came to grab it. I do reiterate though, any my grab it, even use it, just know consequences could follow."

With words finished, the stage was left to the Demidjinn.

Sollas couldn't believe the sight that had happened before him, it was simultaneously the best of responses as well as the worst ones he could hope for. As the fox boy came up and reached in to grab a handful of nothing the Demi-Djinn could feel his heart weaken for a moment as he felt a sense of sympathy for the boy before him. He thought he'd be able to look at the others with a smile, how wrong he was as each one of them came forward to participate in his game.

A boy would then drop ahead into his box of gifts, it made him look upon the boy with worry as he wondered if he truly was okay at that moment. He thought to speak but as he opened his mouth he quickly shut it deciding to leave his comments until everyone was done with what they wanted to pull out. One after another he felt a sense of dread as one pulled out a pill of poison to play his own game, and then the one his brother seemed to favor would pull out something that made him uneasy. A copy of a vessel, his own personal claim to power which seemed to earn the ire and interest of Ghost who gave his own opinions before asking the man to join him.

"I..." He started again before stopping as he tried to gather his thoughts after he had seen what they had all just done, but then as he was thinking of what he could possibly say to give them all his feelings and help them as he truly wanted. Although he was sure to who he wanted to give his aid he soon found himself stopped as his so-called family began to share their own feelings.

Once he was done he would give a soft nod to himself, he didn't like how they presumed to know his own feelings but they were right on one thing. He felt a sense of kindred with the young boy, not just because of their age but something of his circumstance spoke to him. With that thought in mind he took a deep breath as he would float forward to recover his box. He would hold it in his hands and begin to collapse it, slowly it was destroyed as he created a solid black-orb from inside the box as it was destroyed within mere seconds of a second.

"My power is one that is deadly, but can be used for terrible greatness or great terribleness." He said in a way that might've sounded confusing before he continued on. "Zion, I feel as if you understand me like there's something kindred in us, so, if you were to gain this power what would be the first thing you do with it, you know you can never get what you desire, so what would you do with the power to take away anything?"

While he waited for his answer he would turn his head to Phobos as he looked a bit sorrowful at him. He looked at him like a younger brother might look at an older one who lost his path somewhere along the way. "I sense great pain in you, one that you can't acknowledge, all you can do is keep trying to live, but to me, it doesn't look like you're living, and I truly hope you can find peace with your life knowing that you deserve it."

As he turned his head from the other closer to his age Sollas would look upon Noir next with a simple nod to her. "It takes a lot to give up the thing you want, but something you earn can be better than the things you've been given, a lesson I'm sure you know very well. While I think you could do well with learning my skills I'm sure you might find a way regardless, and I'd like to see where you go with the gifts and boons you've earned so far."

"As for you two." He said as his eyes would turn upon both Ghost and Hyperion at the same time, they both showed they wanted to use power for different reasons and while Ghost's claims could be said to be good there was still an unease about him that the young boy couldn't shake. "I find myself at odds with what you would do with my magic and I'm unsure if I should teach you, and I feel that to be reason enough, maybe I will change my opinions when I meet you again one day but I have too many questions than time would permit."

He took a deep breath after he gave his thoughts and would take a step back as he floated above the ground waiting to see how they would react to everything that had been said, the boons they would be able to receive, and the gravity of the entire situation before them all.

Dm notes: Eight pick your vessel, SG act to your intimidation, everyone else feel free to try and Claim fathers staff, anyone can take it but he has favorites. Sollas is offering Zion that chance to learn the magic, and Noir the chance to plot at a later date.

Last edited by Solomon's Proxy on 13/05/22, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The magician stared at the Divine Stave and she stepped forward, approaching Father. While she didn't crave deception, Noir could say she was an idealist... most of the time. She reached towards the cane and touched it, wanting to claim its power and understand what kind of divine power was stored within this so-called Divine Stave.

Noir would hear what Sollas said to her and she would respond to him with a nod. She understood better than anyone else the meaning behind those words being spoken to her. The magician knew she worked so hard to earn everything and it had always been her forte. "I'd look forward to it." She would say to Sollas, seemingly excited about the opportunity although it won't be apparent on her facial expression.

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he heard the two of them talk. He would start to fade away into his mindset. As a smile would indeed come upon his face. Ghost would be a bit on the curious side of things. It was true he was a powerhouse and had yet to do anything worthwhile. But that was because he was doing what he does best in secret. As he looked at the came he would have a curiosity of a look on his face. But he would not say a word as he looked on and watch the Djinn start to say what it is he had to say. As Ghost looked on he would come back to reality and with that the reality that he was not the victor. As he looked over at the one who was chosen. All Ghost could do was clap truly. As he truly did congratulate the man even if he did not value life.  

As he watches the lady magician aim to grow this Stave that was so-called Divine. Ghost would look on and be a bit on the quiet side. As he would then simply say, "Poke The Lie And Catch A Thief." Soon he would start to whistle hunting we will go. As he went to go seat back down. Where he was before he went to the box. As he waited to be sent home. Soon he would get up and then make his way towards the Cane and would grab it. As he would say with a smile. "Just joking, now then I wonder what could come out of this. Now pardon me Lady Magician." As he said that if allowed he would try to active the Stave to see what would happen if he did.

Phobos Corvus

Phobos Corvus
D-Tier
D-Tier

There was something in the way that Sollas looked at him and how his words stuck to his brain.

Streams of fate branched out into a web of roads before him. All led unto a darkness he could not perceive. If his step would be met with verdant fortune or if all he knew would rot beneath his feet — he could not know.

(1) From the malevolent rabbit, he takes the pill from her left hand and leaves the other behind. His fate would be up to the gods to decide whether what he held was death or that which would grant him something else.

His lashes flutter, gilded irises peering downwards to his feet. (2) Like jaws, his hands snap shut, knuckles white — the contents of the pill spilling onto his skin. Phobos was not strange to the pain he felt. Much of it was rooted in the past, other times, it was self inflicted. For what pain he could not acknowledge, there was a part in him that knew how the roots of it tainted his heart.

“I live my life for my lady,” he says to Sollas, voice quieted as though the words had just escaped his thoughts. “Without her, I would have died a long time ago. Without her, I would know no peace.”

A flat tune sung as it was waved through the air. Growing and fading before rising once more. (2) He darts his hand over to grasp a hold of the prongs in order to halt it in place before it reached Bunny Suit and stop the vibrations. The leer of his eyes landing upon Hyperion as if he were a pest upon the wall.

"Enough."

log:

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Jedidiah The Great Living City [NoM/April Fools/Event] - Page 2 Nightmare-codpiece-3

He recalled Phobos from their first meeting. Much had changed between the two of them. But now, in the presence of a djinn, how could he afford to be held back? Hyperion would nod for a second, comparing his own strength to the warriors. It seemed that he still had the upper hand in a battle of pure strength.

However, Hyperion would pull back the artifact from the Fanalis grasp. He would recall his own lineage and his parents, how it seemed that Fanalis seemed to be at the root of his problems. Hyperion used his free hand and would, fwishing and flicking while channeling magoi into his opposite arm, then stepping forward, with a resonating palm strike to Phobos' chest. A swift reminder that he was not to be messed with, and that no gaze would stop him from his goals.

But he had more important things to handle, in this case being vested with Jedidiah's power. A humorous thought had slipped his mind for a vessel, for a passionate jokester, there was but a single thought. "I have the perfect form in mind; a codpiece." Finding a makeshift nightmareish shoulder plate and placing it over the bulge of his member.

Magoi -30

The Tuning Fork of Ulna and Radius
Tier: B
Class: Magician
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: Specific movement to wand to cast. Requires contact with body part containing fluid-filled organs.
Scaling: Damage
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 3
Cost: 30 Magoi
Description:
    The spell gathers Sound Magic into the forearm, visibly vibrating wielding the magician's spell source, resonating with the bones, throughout the forearm. If the hand or object in the affected arm makes contacts an organisms chest, the spell will deal internal damage [ B-tier damage] to any fluid-filled organs.

Saint Germain

Saint Germain
D-Tier
D-Tier

If there was something Bunny Suit knew more than anything, that was when someone was performing a magic-trick. She knew that Eight wanted her as his assistant, but Phobos ensured that his magic-show was ended before the curtains even rose.

You’re a good kid, you know?

As she said that, however, Top Hat noticed Eight move forwards and threw himself before Phobos. ‘Phh, are you alright, lad…’ He slumped onto Phobos’ shoulder, blood trickling onto the Fanalis’ clothes, ‘I cannot let such a young lad waste his youth…’ He managed a few more breaths, even as blood filled his lungs, before Top Hat collapsed onto the floor.

‘Do I want a slaughter?’ Bunny Suit picked up Top Hat’s cane, glancing towards him with surprising tenderness, and pointed it towards Jedidiah. ‘No, I want a show.’ She had no remorse or hatred within her voice, even towards Eight, but used the cane to focus Father and Jedidiah’s attention on herself. ‘But if a few deaths will make for the greatest show there is?’ She smiled and tapped the cane on the ground, standing tall against Jedidiah’s threats. ‘Then gimme your best shot.

I’m ready to roll the dice!

@ tag ● # # # ● notes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum