The Dogs Now Kenneled [NoM/Private/Plot Job]

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job:

If the sun rose to kiss the land today, Angelus was to wake. If he was to open his eyes, he was to notice a peculiar trail of rukh lead towards outside his tent. Ah, perhaps that man let him see his rukh once more, even just for a moment. It was quite a vigorous and lively rukh. Angelus only ever saw his rukh last when Jiryu had been trying to lead him someplace. It led him not far. It was just by the entrance to his tent where the note was placed, waiting for the man to receive the message.

It was then that Angelus was to grab the note, reading the contents of the note. It is at that moment that while reading the contents of the note, he was to feel his star shaped mark on his hand tingle. It must be a sign that Jiryu was close. However, just how close? Angelus was to read the note, learning that Jiryu wished to meet with the supernova of a man within a forest clearing nearby.

Angelus slung his bastard sword over his back, then geared himself up with other equipment, preparing for whatever may come his way. It was not out of fright for Jiryu, but just out of pure habit. Oh with how long Angelus has been serving the military, you could never be underprepared. It was a necessity to survive. Otherwise, you can be caught by the enemy, with nothing to protect your person with.

In truth though, Angelus was well versed within close combat without the use of tools. However, the man kept his tools close by his side regardless. It was crucial for Angelus to further his body, so he could rely less on his tools. If he was ever disarmed or outplayed by his foes, he was to need to use his body to survive and obtain victory.

Anyhow, with him geared up, the man was to set out, his light red cloak over his highly equipt person. In his sudden departure to the forest clearing, his cloak and snow white hair was to billow out behind him ever so valiantly. Nerilla had woken to the new day but when trying to find Angelus, could not. However, to alleviate the unit's worries, Angelus had left behind a small note to her to tell the unit that he was having a quick meeting with someone special. Upon the dawn of that very morning, Angelus set out to meet with the oriential Magi, Jiryu, having not met with him for a year now.

Wordcount: 429

Jiryu

Jiryu
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Hark, for the song of fate plays, birds of ebony and ivory growing greater every day in a fluxing fight for dominance. Thee who heeds the words of fate and guides one under their banner shall combat the rising tide of darkness on the horizon. I must ask thee a simple question" the Magi Jiryu had said. He rode upon a cloud streaked with the morning mirror of the sun's violet, magenta, orange, salmon, and scarlet.

His eyes were clouded and dark, a thunderstorm of anticipation or woe for what had been set in motion. "I would wish a splendid morning to thee Angelus but the time for action has arisen amongst darker tides in times I did not wish to see. I wish I could explain more of the issues likely to arise in future times but I can only help you to act in help to be prepared for the darkness to come. I myself need to investigate but I worry what is coming is more than the calamity of worlds passed."

It was strange for the magician to have such seriousness, even if his face held a strong softness to it still. His lips held the weight of his sorrow and his stare a sorrowful statue heavy with the weight of a father. He could do no much more than his duty to prepare, to provide them with the strength they would need.

"I offer my sincerest apologies for the confusion, but I can only meddle such and honestly I don't understand it much, I must have certainty before I can say how fate is moving but the rukh is moving about tremendously" he would say as he lowered to move closer to him.

Jiryu had the perfect task to help Angelus. He had seen the impacts of his influence, he wasn't sure much of the methods and only saw so much but he could tell the man was active, that he was making moves. "Things are more complicated than they may seem, and there's so much hiding in plain sight so many innocent caught up in the confusion, even those tainted by black rukh. There is a family, in Lucania I'm sure you've heard of them and their fall from grace after the Kou invasion. I need you to meet with the Lupus clan, their rukh has turned dark long ago and they were relegated to small-time border protection. If on fate's side once more they would be fierce fighters" he had explained.

There was a pang of guilt for dumping so much on to him, it had been a year since they had last spoken and here he was just pouring information onto the young lad. "I've tried to watch you, I know you can be rather strong-handed, I'm sure there's so much I've missed and I know you a man of good character. Please go help them, bring purpose to them, and if you can save the downtrodden that fate has forgotten. Solomon was wise, but the people of this world influenced who respects his will."

His face shifted to a soft cattish smile. He couldn't push it further into a great grin, he was good at staying brave but the world ahead scared him in all honesty, there was only one so much could do in hiding the severity of danger. Some things needed to be treated with intensity to warrant action.

"What do you say O Sol Legatus? Will you rise to the humility and responsibility that comes with the power you wish to claim? Pride is important but so is the death of the ego."

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was to be quite divine like how the Magi, Jiryu, was to descend from the skies above, meeting face to face with the aspiring ruler, Angelus of Reim. It could truly be said that Jiryu certainly had the feeling one may feel from a so called King maker. Unlike the last time he met Jiryu, this time, the man came with rhymes and poetic, perhaps even prophetic, words. If as he was a messenger of fate itself, he came down bearing a mission from the heavens for him, the great Angelus, the man whose ambition rose higher than that of the clouds that hung over him.

In order to truly hear this man out, Angelus was to let the man explain himself, let him vocalize his clearly serious speech, one which would speak of the current state of the world, and the raging battle of the black and white birds. Angelus obviously took this rather seriously, cause this grim news that he was hearing was but the opposite of what he hoped for. It was a known fact to Angelus that the world was ever darkening, but the way that Jiryu was to express this dimming of the world was rather worrying to listen to.

However, what Jiryu mentioned when he spoke was of some man known by the name Solomon, and calamities of worlds passed. It was not the first Angelus had heard of this though. In fact, he had been told this by that one peculiar prince, yes, Leon, the man who mentioned his people were descendants of the people of Solomon. If that was true, then what Leon said of other worlds besides ours must have been very true. It was to truly change the perception Angelus had of the world and fate. If calamity was brought upon by the darkness of the past worlds, then this world could be doomed to repeat that, but, Angelus could not.. he just could not let that happen.

It had to end here. Angelus did not know why that tragedy was brought unto the worlds passed, but one thing he knew, was that these calamities were brought upon by one force, and one force only. It was the black taint of the defying birds of fate that tainted the hearts of men, causing the world to rip. Why must us, this new world, suffer at the hands of the depraved. Angelus felt ever so more loathsome to those who walked the path of defiance to fate. It was repulsive to him, utterly disgusting.

So, when Jiryu was to present the military man, Angelus, with a task from fate to return those who left the path back unto the path, he was to not know how to respond. It was not out ego that he did not how to respond. It was perhaps more so that he did not expect to be given such a task. However, the man knew that this was perhaps one of the best moves for the chess pieces on this global chess board of black and white.

It was then that Angelus was to remember the tattoo that laid on his body, that which was printed unto his foot by that woman he met someplace, but Angelus had trouble remembering that event. It was then, that suddenly, the three truths of this world were to come back to Angelus' mind, yes, the three truths that somehow he knew, but could he trust?

Three Truths of Chess:

It conflicted with Angelus' views and beliefs of our world. At that very moment, he was to be stricken with psychological pain, feeling conflicted by these three truths which were etched within his mind. Angelus could be seen visibly distressed by with what Jiryu told him. If not more obvious, he was to have his hand upon his forehead, but very quickly, Angelus was to regain his sanity, trying to shake his head.

It was to flee his mind once more when Angelus was to try to keep his mind off those so called truths of the world. However, the truths were sure to return to him sometime later, challenging his beliefs. Angelus sighed, his posture normal once more. It was then that the man was to refixate his dark gaze unto Jiryu, clenching his fist with resolve, deciding to take on this task presented to him by fate and Jiryu, the Magi.

Angelus: "I shall take on your request, Jiryu. I know of the Lupus clan well, for I have heard great tales of their victories upon the battlefield. Hmph, trust me, I looked up to Marcus Manius when I was a kid. I respected his brawns very much so. If they have wandered from the path of fate, I shall bring them back. Until we meet again then, Jiryu. I will depart on the sunrise of tomorrow morning."

It was then that the stoic figure was to set out back to his camp, heeding the words of Jiryu, deciding to take on the request of bringing the Lupus clan back unto fate's path. If this proved successful, he may very well be able to obtain the trust of the legion, and perhaps even their help with his military campaigns. If he could do that, then perhaps this ordeal may truly be worth the trouble. It was an opportunity to see for himself just how well he can perform with his words alone, and what research he has collected on the nature of the rukh thus far. It was now to travel to the kenneled dogs to reinvigorate them once more, to no longer be caged up relegated to small time border control, but to roar once again, and with might.

-

It was the fated time to meet with the man. It was to be now, upon dawn break of the new day, that the sun was to shine bright unto the southern region, bringing light to the land. Angelus came with the sunrise, having decided to take on a particular request from Jiryu to lead the people of this town back unto the path of fate. Perched ominously over the branches they sat, a murder of crows were to observe the man whom had come to this deadbeat town. At the very moment he was to step within town, playing kids, working men, and caretaking women, were to realize who had just come to their quaint but impoverished town. It was none other than that man, that celebrity soldier who has made a great name for himself lately for what he has done for the nation of Reim and the people.

Angelus' bastard sword glinted within the sunlight of the new day. It was but just a new day though. It was to be a new beginning for this town and the military families that reside here. Angelus had come to speak to not just Gaius Lupus, but the dejected people that lived here. It was time for the kenneled dogs to rise once more, and chow down on more than just meaningless scraps and bones. It was time for them to howl out loud. An eagle eyed reaper had come to revive these hounds from this hell they lived.

At the gates of the Lupus citadel, the red cloaked man was to lie his back on the wall near the citadel gates. It was clear to the townsfolk that Angelus was waiting, but for what? Could he perhaps be having a meeting with none other than the head of the Lupus household? If so, what did that meeting entail? It made townsfolk both nervous but excited for whatever may be happening, however, they did hope that this was nothing bad. It could be that Angelus was here to just have an unordinary discussion of military plans with the clan. In truth though, this was major, what Angelus was to be here for was for a major proposal, but what sort of proposal? It was yet to be seen.

Under his worn down pastel red cloak, Angelus' body was to be rippled with muscle, decorated with the various wealth he had obtained from his military or gladiator exploits. As for his face, his eyes were dark and sharp, but his lips soft, though painted an ominous jet black color. Even when he was but a young child, he never once had trouble with people being able to recognize him from a crowd of people of standard Reim stock, for his unique facial features stuck out like that of a sore thumb.

It was thanks to his unique and partly foreign features that he was to be recognized quickly and met with by the clan head himself of the Lupus, Gaius Lupus Lucius. Angelus gave a light smile, content that he was to be recognized and met with without much hassle. It certainly helped too that Angelus was rather well known now, so people could read of who he was within the newspaper. Gaius' welcoming voice was one of a man who was skeptical, perhaps even untrusting, doubtful.

Angelus was to dispel his suspicion though with this meeting, for they had much to discuss. Angelus knew how sensitive the war with Kou must be to bring up to Gaius, but that would have to be touched upon. It was necessary to evaluate the past though. Angelus was not a man who knew not of struggle. Rife with war Reim was when Angelus was but a child. However, the man championed his fate and was led to vast fame and wealth for his valiant efforts, despite being practically parentless. Angelus knew how he was to talk to this man, Gaius of the Lupus clan, but would he be capable of reinvigorating the wolves' hunger?

Gaius: "Angelus, your name is, yes? Now, what brings you here.. ? I have to say, my confidants are rather skeptical of what you are here for. I will state now that we have nothing to offer, nor do our men have the strength right now. After that war from those damned Kou, the Lupus have been ridiculed, to end's rest. If you hope for reinforcements for the war for Parthevia, we do not quite have the resources even to feed our men. So, I will beg to know once more, but why have you come?"

In the confines of the citadel of Lupus, steam was to rise up from a freshly poured cup of tea. It was clear that Gaius felt more than just a tad dejected by the war from time's past. It constantly tormented Gaius and his once prideful way of life when the Lupus clan used to reign dominant over others. If not for the serious strategical errors they had made during the war, perhaps they very well could have led the nation of Reim to victory, halting the advances of Kou unto Reim land.

If not for that, perhaps Reim may have not fallen to the hands of the weak Council that now governs the nation. Angelus knew well how harsh fate was. If not for everything that had happened thus far to Reim, then perhaps this nation could be somewhere else, someplace far better than what we had now. Alas, that was but delusions of the past, timelines that were never fated to happen. Gaius had to understand that the past was no more. It was now for him to focus on the future, forging a future for the Lupus clan, to break out of the stigma of their past, and to howl loud with ferocity once more.

Angelus: "Hmph.. Is that so? I understand. I can definitely help with that though, Gaius Lupus Lucius. I can help lead your people to salvation, to howl once more. Ensure you're well seated, my friend, for we have much to discuss. I presume you know well of the dire state Reim is in. It is crumbling apart under this weak Republic model that hopes to give to the people, but does just the opposite. Rather, our nation is but a mere oligarchy, where the blood born elite decides our laws. It is far weaker than the Empire, and far more corrupt. Gaius, do you know why fate had us lose the war to the dreadful Kou Empire that was led by Gao Yuan Zu of the past?"

Inquired the well spoken Angelus, his index and thumb on his chin while he waited for the man to respond.

Gaius: "Ah- well, we lost cause we were outplayed, what are you trying to say? I know our men are strong and can fight, but they outplayed us, I will be the first to admit. However, what can you do for us.. ? I am not even sure our men can regain their strength. I long for us to return to our former glory once more, but what would you plan to do for us when the rest of the nation has left us for dead, Angelus of Lucania.. ?"

At that moment, Angelus was to sip his tea, his sharp eyes piercing back towards Gaius who was to finish what he was saying.

Angelus: "It was cause of black rukh."

It was a stunning response for Gaius who did not consider that.

Gaius: "S-say what now.. ?"

How frightening Angelus' words were.

Angelus: "Mm, you heard me right, Gaius. I will admit that being outplayed has a part to do with your loss, but that can be remedied by having an expert strategist within your ranks. I have studied war strategy and past battles extensively, Gaius. I know every pitfall you and your men faced, and how they could have been avoided with ease. It is not to fault you, for nobody is perfect, but what I am saying is the truth. I know the methods to how your men can be led to victory."

Explained the well studied Angelus.

Gaius: "I-is that so.. now?"

It was obvious now that Angelus' words were penetrating Gaius' mind, starting to give him a new perspective upon life. However, fret came over him too with how menacing the words of the man were to sound.

Angelus: "Yes. It was black rukh though that caused the true downfall of the Lupus clan, Gaius. It was the depraved soldiers of the Kou Empire of the time that halted your men from having victory. It was not the Lupus clan to be blamed, but the dark malice within the hearts of the Kou Empire soldiers. Gaius, I hope to rid of that wicked malice within the hearts of people. I fervently wish to bring upon the dawning of light unto our Reim, to lead our people under one banner of white, of fate. I say join me, Gaius, let us bring upon that nation of pure light, to destroy the darkness. If you let the dark corrupt you, to bring you down, then you shall end up like those who brought this pain unto you. I say rise up, Gaius, for I and your people are capable of coming under one banner, to lead the charge."

It made Gaius utterly speechless, unable to mumble not a word. Yet, what Angelus said to him made sense. It felt as though Gaius was being lifted up from a dark well, being brought to the light, where the warmth of fate comforted those who had faith. Angelus was the messenger of fate, one here to enact the will of the white birds that guided him. It is that way which Gaius had begun to view him, Angelus of Lucania. It was the start of new tides. Later that very same day, they were to begin plans to help properly feed the men of the Lupus clan before they were to try to revive the soldiers of the once highly famed Lupus clan.

In order to help Gaius feed his men and revive the clan, he was to stay over the Lupus citadel for some days, having frequent further discussions with Gaius, trying to figure out the logistics. Angelus made sure to have part of his legion which was more than stocked on rations share part of the rations with the Lupus clan. By no means were the wolves ready to howl once more, however, they were certainly coming closer to being able to do so. It was a matter of time now.

Overall Wordcount: 3k+

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Dogs Now Kenneled [NoM/Private/Plot Job] Edcbb32a7947db462261a0973029bf4b

"Well it's not often we get visitors, I hope this will bring back the bite behind my father's bark" a voice, sultry yet commanding, would chime in as Angelus had left the meeting with Gaius.

The scent of fine perfume and iron rolled in, on the breeze, it followed ushering in the woman that had addressed the future legate. Her dress rolled over the floor, just barely floating from the rush of her step. By her side, heralding the young lady forward were two white hounds, hair silky white in color and softness but like streaked clouds in shape. The long-haired hunting dogs always a slight step in front to hold the line.

"My apologies where are my manners, she would say with eyes sharp as daggers but a smile sweet and red as fresh cherries. [color=#cc66ff]"I'm Selene Lupus, the eldest child of Gaius. I tend to most of the dogs, and do my duties as lady of the house. You're likely to see my sisters around her while you assist us but my brothers are off stationed in the northern coast, position shifting and all that political power gaming."

The way she spoke of these things held disdain with but a hint of experience. She was old enough to be a mother, perhaps she was even yet the wisdom she held in her years seemed to be more dire, hardened even. Maybe it was a testament to the work she had to put in, that their family had to put in.

"Well, if all goes well maybe you'll help change the wind's direction around here" she would say walking past him. With parting grace, she would say [color=#cc66ff]"maybe you could help me with my heir issue you to because I need help making one. I'm kidding, by the way, I don't know much about your sense of humor but it's essential to surviving out here. The rumors aren't the only thing we've been battling.[color]

With that she was gone, the scent of her perfume lingering behind as she went to take care of the blood that her dog's tracked upon their paws.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum